shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The deadline is tonight for reuniting separated families. 900+ families will not be reunited. Kristjen Nielsen, Stephen Miller, John Kelly, Jeff Sessions and Trump should be put in jail for the emotional trauma they have caused these families.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire, Why would you feel the need to duck and cover? I believe what I said in the post to you. I stated my opinion. I never said you voted for Trump nor did I call you a racist. What we are seeing happening in our country is not normal.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You asked about social security CC, are you intimating that I should not receive it even though I paid into it for all those years? Will you be sending your checks back?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I have my doubts about how long Social Security and Medicare will be around. Republicans are always talking about making cuts to these programs.
In order for it to remain viable changes will have to be made but no politician will do what is necessary. Raise the age or lower the benefit.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood a good start would have been to skip the tax cut the republicans put into place.
That won't do anything for or to social security or medicare. FICA is a fixed percentage of payroll taxes with it's own set of rules separate from federal income taxes.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't subscribe to the thought of depending on the government for one's existence as that limits one's potential.
What happened to self-sufficient in this country? :confused:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5C11EB04-A745-408D-8413-D76C187F92C6.jpeg

Looks like trump will have 3 more women who want out of the likely illegal catch and kill NDA’s they signed using tRumps fraud. Avenatti is going to reperesent them.

One of the three trump fathered a child/preganacy with. We dont know if he paid for an abortion or she carried to term.( although the pro life party wouldn't care if trump paid to abort 1000 kids, cause if dear leader does it then it must be ok. Do as he says not as he does- They might hee and haw for a minute and then say fake news and omg lets talk about clinton cause those pro choice dems are way worse somehow)
I guess this is just the new republican form of family values. Cant wait to see the evangelical leaders saying trumps mistresses abortions are just fine becuase they were in the past and obviously he is all changed and either way he was never supposed to represent the US on any moral basis.
:confused2:
Between not having any spines and the flat out traitors in the party who want to impeach the guy investigating the criminals in the white house, they will be getting what they deserve at some point. I believe the bible that the religious right professes to follow- it tells them that by the fruits people can know them. Between the kidnapping of immigrant kids, trumps adultery, fraud and lies, it is pretty easy to see what they really are and what master they follow. Those in congress seem to follow the master that is money. Nothing else seems to matter. There is no outcry or demand or care for integrity, honesty, or a basic human decency. There is a shallow outrage aimed at those who are at a cellular level repulsed at the stomach churning hypocrisy, whining that the left must be civil, to the persecuted right wingers - because they must protect dear leader no matter what. The insanity has just been too much. And I am sure it will only get worse before it gets better.
( sorry for the very long rant) between the news that trump knowingly conspired with the Russians and sent his “ if it is what you say it is I love it” kid to a meeting to attempt to get information from a foreign government and his new adulterous affairs, I am going to need one more drink before I sleep becuae the raquetball courts are closed till 6 am.

And I hope the judge nails the government lawyers to the wall tomorrow for not getting the kids back to their parents. This eligible/not eligible bs is not acceptable . Every last one of the children should be returned before any employee who separated them in the name of “just doing my job” gets paid. It is utterly disgusting.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
trump is now denying he knew...
He said he did not know...

Give me a break and when it is proven by evidence he did he will say he meant to say he did not not know... cause just making a double negative will make it better ?

Sorry mr liar in chief, you blew ANY LAST SHRED of my ability to possibly believe any - and I mean ANY THING you say with that cash/ check lie and I had no idea cohen was paying women off lie.

HE KNEW. Cohen was paying those women off. HE KNEW he said pay by cash. He knew it was on tape and it would prove he lied and he didnt care and lied again. HE KNEW HE WROTE that denial for his kid on air force one and he lied. And the list of his lies from crowd size to ANY OTHER SUBJECT has obliterated any benefit of the doubt that is given.

I do not believe him mr “cash” any more. He is a LIAR. And has suckered me into giving him the benefit of the doubt for the last time. I am DONE beliving anything he says.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Cohen says he was present when presidential candidate Donald Trump was informed of the Trump Tower meeting of his team and the Russians before it occurred. Collusion! Conspiracy with a foreign government to throw the US elections.

CNN...https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/poli...-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index.html
He may very well have known about the meeting. But why did Mr. Cohen not make this known to Mueller in April because a good lawyer would recognize he was in hot water. Was he asked these questions in April? Why is it only now coming to light? Because he is mad at Trump for throwing him under the bus? This does not make for a very credible witness and with no recording it is a he said, he said.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw trump has been invited to moscow by putin.

Time to turn off the internet for the day. I dont want to hear about the adoption summit trump and putin want to set up. Call this snowflake done for the day.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite the fact that Cohen is a slimeball lawyer, he is more credible than Trump.Trump will say anything anytime anywhere, simply to get the response he desires, and then change what he says if it suits him. Truth and Trump don't really hang out in the same room.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He may very well have known about the meeting. But why did Mr. Cohen not make this known to Mueller in April because a good lawyer would recognize he was in hot water. Was he asked these questions in April? Why is it only now coming to light? Because he is mad at Trump for throwing him under the bus? This does not make for a very credible witness and with no recording it is a he said, he said.

It's not like there haven't been ample hints that he's not exactly a good lawyer, or good, or even all that smart. But then like attracts like, and I believe he was just truly that arrogant (and stupid) in that he thought he could pull one over on some of the best legal minds in the country. It seems that he and those like him, are pretty much the only type of person who is inclined to work for the Orange One. The odd one who has actual loyalty to him, finds out at some point that that loyalty never extends the other direction.

Looks like his education was probably not up to much snuff either. From a top 50 law school, he most definitely ain't. :rolleyes:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...michael-cohen-lawyer-cooley-law-school-218318

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word good but none of this makes him more credible in any instance. If your office is raided by authorities it should give you pause to reflect on your situation.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm just going to inject myself here for DF. Just as THYS(?) called herself stupid, I did the same when I just realized yesterday that DF gets his information from Fox News. I really hadn't realized that before. That's why its usually wrong. He believes Fox News, and thinks the other news shows are leftist propaganda.
Career prosecutors, FBI, CIA, Journalists, and respected news organizations try to give objective reports. People do have biases, but when you look for the factual evidence you will get a much more unbiased look at the news than on Fox.

Fox News hails from Australia. My first intro to them was in England where they have more of a tabloid news corp. as the Enguirer does in NY. I thought they were disgusting, not right or left, just smutty stuff. Then they came to America. When Fox began buying other papers, columnists resigned from those papers just refusing to work for Fox News.

In America fox found its niche. It got more and more rightist. There are definitely a few reporters there I like , who do not spout propaganda, but do a credible job reporting or interviewing.(Chris Wallce)
But to use Fox as a news outlet is ridiculous. It is opinion reporting, as some commentators are on MSNBC. What Fox does is omits information, only those bits that help the Pres. People do not come on to lie on those news outlet you mentioned. On Fox they do. They present the lying Pres

Regarding the Pastors article. There is one important reason he is wrong about people not caring. He misses the most important reason to care. We have a defective President. It matters not that we diagnosis him. It only matter that we know there has not been another President in history like him. He is a danger. Because the Pastor thinks Obama was a worry to him, there is no indication that Obama was defective. This is an unstable man we have as Pres. Maybe , some people need a rest. Others should keep watch. IMO, we have a traitor in our midst.

Annette

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I need to take this view more often and let the politics go. He is right because what the government does has little actual affect on our daily lives. And it is certainly not worth writhing over IMO.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/26...a-thats-sign-countrys-strength/#disqus_thread

The government has significant impact on our daily lives. Off the top my head, they regulate:
  • The air we breath
  • The water we drink
  • Food industry
  • Healthcare system
  • Roads and infrastructure
  • Education system
  • Criminal justice system
  • Labour laws
  • Financial system
All of the above affect our actual livelihood: Do you we have clean drinking water and the air that we literally need to live? Do we have the ability to get educated, do our neighbors have that ability so we can all competently own, manage, and work for companies that contribute to the economy and provide us with capital to feed and house ourselves? Are there rules for how many hours we work and what our employers can legally require us to do - e.g. work in hazardous environments or child labor? What happens if you become disabled at work? What happens if someone murders your loved one or steals from your house? What happens if you are wrongly accused of a crime? What happens if your bank goes bankrupt and takes all your money?

Without the government, the answers to these questions would likely mean you are either dead or live in anarchy. And as DF said - I guess we should all be self-sufficient and live in our bunkers with our guns, farm for ourselves, clean our own water, and provide our own healthcare.

I also find it interesting how in history when there is a fascist in place, there is always a group of individuals that shrug their shoulders and say it's not happening or what's the big deal. This is a very human reaction. I remember being surprised and probably the most upset at these characters in fiction when reading Animal Farm as a kid and Harry Potter (Minstry of Magic, Prof Umbridge) as an adult. I always think we will learn from our mistakes but we just repeat the same archetypes over and over with a new privileged few and those they profit off of with their lives.

And to tie this into Annette's post above, I thought Fox News was a horribly bad influence a decade ago, but now they literally control the US Govt and by association, all US allies and western democracies. Whatever individuals are running that machine, they should be congratulated for achieving more power and control than any in recorded human history. And they did it so craftfully with a few billion dollars and the human drivers of fear and tribalism. If it didn't cause the pain and suffering of a billion people, I would be in awe. I'm not overstating that Hitler's abilities to do the same pale in comparison.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can disagree about the actual necessity of those things to be regulated by the federal government as most can, and are, handled locally. Your local and state government have much more of an impact on your life than the federal government, which was my point in the first place. I have said this many times. I believe people place too much faith, dependence, and trust in allowing the feds/government to handle things for them.

Last edited:

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
@redwood66 What do you mean specifically about putting too much trust in handling things for them? Can you give me an example for my understanding?

In an ideal world, what would the government and society look like to you? If the govt doesn't provide something (e.g. any of the systems I listed above), who does? Corporations, individuals, small local communities, families, others?

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 What do you mean specifically about putting too much trust in it? Can you give me an example for my understanding?

In an ideal world, what would the government and society look like to you?

The least amount of federal involvement possible allowing states to govern as their citizens deem necessary or prudent. The federal register and CFR is a behemoth that is full of overreaching and industry inhibiting regulations. Why does the government "need" to provide these things? IME the government regulations hinder the ability to get jobs done in a cost effective and timely manner for no other reason than control.

I have to admit that I am so disillusioned with government these days that Anarcho-Capitalism is looking pretty good to me. But the reality of the world and foreign policy keeps me from falling into the abyss. I might be able to manage a minarchist view though.

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Cohen met with Robert Mueller in April? I don't remember hearing that & my quick Google search just now didn't turn up any reports of Cohen meeting -- at any time so far -- with anyone in the Special Counsel's office. Or with anyone at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan, the Office that's been handling the investigation into the "hush money" payoffs as possible campaign finance law violations. (It's the SDNY US Attorney's Office who applied for, and obtained, the search warrant for the April 9th search of Cohen's home, office, and the room at the Loew's Regency hotel where he was temporarily staying.)

So I'm wondering what did I miss?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Cohen met with Robert Mueller in April? I don't remember hearing that & my quick Google search just now didn't turn up any reports of Cohen meeting -- at any time so far -- with anyone in the Special Counsel's office. Or with anyone at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan, the Office that's been handling the investigation into the "hush money" payoffs as possible campaign finance law violations. (It's the SDNY US Attorney's Office who applied for, and obtained, the search warrant for the April 9th search of Cohen's home, office, and the room at the Loew's Regency hotel where he was temporarily staying.)

So I'm wondering what did I miss?
I didn't say they met. It was handed off to SDNY by Mueller. Why would that be if he had such explosive information about Trump? He isn't credible. We'll see how it all turns out.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm just going to inject myself here for DF. Just as THYS(?) called herself stupid, I did the same when I just realized yesterday that DF gets his information from Fox News. I really hadn't realized that before. That's why its usually wrong. He believes Fox News, and thinks the other news shows are leftist propaganda.
Annette
You forgot to include the leftist propagandas on this thread. :bigsmile: I believe in FOX news as much as you believe in MSNBC and CNN news.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF,

I think I'm going to end up smarter than you.

Rod Rosenstein handed it off to the Southern District. It is a way to disburse information to areas that can handle it best. They are investigating events that occurred in NY. I doubt they have gone through all the documents yet to be able to ascertain what is there. The taxi business is always a bit dirty. The hush payments to more women than the two we know about, including tapes. I'm sure if there is evidence of something that Mueller can use, it will be thrown back to him.

Michael Cohen was waiting for reassurance the Pres would help him, or pardon him. Nothing was forthcoming, and I think that Cohen wants a deal fast, so has put the meeting info out there. Red, I hope you know I'm not looking for a fight, but common sense should tell you that no where, no how, would that kind of a meeting take place without DTs knowledge. His son , son-in-law, campaign manager-all expecting dirt on Hilary. And you think no-one told Donald. Sure Cohen easily could know. He was in the inner circle.

MOLLY- Is it possible that Trump has become a target of the Mueller investigation instead of a subject. If he is a target, does he have to be notified? If he is a target they can take this info against him directly to a grand jury, no? Then you don't need to question him at Muellers office.

Annette

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you want to fight smit. You are always willing to discuss with respect.

I don't believe anyone involved in any of this. Not Cohen not Trump and I don't blindly trust the government entities investigating either. This all should be taken seriously and if it turns out that anyone has broken the law then they should pay the price. But we should not be so naive not to recognize what this is doing to our country and the two camps so deeply dug in like ticks. If you (collective) don't care then that is too bad for all of us because it is ripping the country apart.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results