shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT hmm so i went a little nuts and...

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
These are fantastic, you did a great job.

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 10:58:22 AM
Author: tyty333
They all turned out beautiful...what a great set of rings you have
30.gif
. I especially love the round in the
square halo...just perfect.

EDIT - can you give us an approximate price range on the settings? I know you said he beefed yours up
with more metal (and they look nice that way). I''m wondering how much the beefed up versions are
running (approximately if I''m not being to nosey
4.gif
).
not nosey at all :) - it depends on the style, the most I have ever paid for a setting was $250 but I never have alot of pave diamonds, just the halos usually. The ruby and diamond was $185 and the rest were just over $200.

I have just ordered a bezel set eternity with milgrain from him (similar to the one LOGR makes that LaurenThePartier and a few others have), its getting made with 5 pointers in size 9.25 (thats why you never see my hand shots because I have big sausage hands that are embarassing compared to you ladies with gorgeous delicate fingers!) he wasnt sure the cost until he made it but estimated around $400 so I will update on that when I find out for sure.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lozza,

I have never been "into" the LOGR rings, but to me personally these jeweleryhoo ones look very very nice.
Would you mind to share the name of the actual man you speak to?
I think I will contact them, and like you just explain that I would like to buy but not hollow settings or low diamond-quality pieces. Sounds like you did a fantastic job explaining what you were after and I especially love the transitional and ruby ring!
36.gif

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 9:18:20 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hi Lozza,

I have never been ''into'' the LOGR rings, but to me personally these jeweleryhoo ones look very very nice.
I think I will contact them, and like you just explain that I would like to buy but not hollow settings or low diamond-quality pieces. Sounds like you did a fantastic job explaining what you were after and I especially love the transitional and ruby ring!
36.gif
The guy I deal with is Lee Weizhong - he really wants you to be happy with his jewellery. Just like us he has mortgages to pay but his markup ontop of his cost isnt very much at all.
Tell Lee than Lauren from Australia recommended him and you want the heavier settings etc - let me know how it goes! I have a million things in my head to make now because I feel like I have a personal jewellery designer at prices I can actually afford! I know they are going on holidays early feb for 2-3? weeks with Chinese New Year

I hope you have just as much pleasure out of his rings as I do - you are only limited by your own imagination
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love them all!! My favorite is the square halo for the RB....yum!!
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 10:02:30 PM
Author: Lozzarina

Hi Lozza,

I have never been ''into'' the LOGR rings, but to me personally these jeweleryhoo ones look very very nice.

36.gif

The guy I deal with is Lee Weizhong - he really wants you to be happy with his jewellery. Just like us he has mortgages to pay but his markup ontop of his cost isnt very much at all.

Tell Lee than Lauren from Australia recommended him and you want the heavier settings etc - let me know how it goes! I have a million things in my head to make now because I feel like I have a personal jewellery designer at prices I can actually afford! I know they are going on holidays early feb for 2-3? weeks with Chinese New Year

I hope you have just as much pleasure out of his rings as I do - you are only limited by your own imagination
1.gif

Thanks Loz!
You may know I''m also in Aus, so like I''m sure you know, it is almost impossible to have jewellery made here without breaking the bank.
Thankyou for the info, I will give them a go for my next setting project.

So they do completely custom design from pictures, is that what your ruby ring was?
Would you be confident having them do any style from pictures / photos, or do you think its best to stick to modifying their existing offerings?

If I''m being honest, I would prefer the former as halo styles aren''t the top of my personal list..

It sounds as if you have your stones set locally though? Do you mind if I ask what city you''re in and roughly how much you pay..?
This is the thing for me - I have trouble finding a local jeweller that will work with outside settings and set stones for me
7.gif

apologies for all the questions I hope you don''t mind!
But these are imho the best Ebay Chinese settings I''ve seen, so I am interested in pursuing the idea..

TIA for your advice lozza
5.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
These are beautiful rings lozza! I especially love your reinvented diamond and ruby ring! The quality of these ''cheapy'' settings is great! I really love the profile of the square halo :) thanks for sharing!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in love with that ruby ring! The hue of the rubies is such a pretty one to me and I love the design. Are those two pears and a marquise or three marquise? I totally dig it!

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 1:35:34 AM

Date: 1/24/2010 10:02:30 PM
Author: Lozzarina

Hi Lozza,

36.gif

1.gif

Thanks Loz!
You may know I''m also in Aus, so like I''m sure you know, it is almost impossible to have jewellery made here without breaking the bank.
Thankyou for the info, I will give them a go for my next setting project.

So they do completely custom design from pictures, is that what your ruby ring was?
Would you be confident having them do any style from pictures / photos, or do you think its best to stick to modifying their existing offerings?

If I''m being honest, I would prefer the former as halo styles aren''t the top of my personal list..

It sounds as if you have your stones set locally though? Do you mind if I ask what city you''re in and roughly how much you pay..?
This is the thing for me - I have trouble finding a local jeweller that will work with outside settings and set stones for me
7.gif

apologies for all the questions I hope you don''t mind!
But these are imho the best Ebay Chinese settings I''ve seen, so I am interested in pursuing the idea..

TIA for your advice lozza
5.gif
They did the Ruby and diamond ring from a photo i sent them. If you go the custom route just make sure you show them in photos EXACTLY what you want as the language barrier can interfere. Im pretty sure they just take our photos to their workers and say make this. Every ring I have had him make has been custom from my designs with photoshopped pics. The cushion one was his style without as many diamonds. If you have exactly what you want in a photo then I definitely recommend the custom design. If you need any help with photoshop drop me a line cos im pretty handy with it :)

Any setting that needs a big diamond set in i just get Lee to make the semi and my jeweller will set the diamond locally. He is pretty much the only person I have available and can charge what he wants. It used to be $30-$50 per stone, now its like $80 but he does a good job.

Im in Tamworth NSW - hope all this info helps!

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 7:07:56 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I am in love with that ruby ring! The hue of the rubies is such a pretty one to me and I love the design. Are those two pears and a marquise or three marquise? I totally dig it!
Thankyou for your lovel comments

They are 3 marquise rubies :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lozza,

all of that is extremely helpful, thankyou!

I don''t have any immediate projects but I will likely give you a shout-out for p''shop help in the future as I''m useless with it
2.gif

Cheers hon!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice collection. I do really like the ruby ring. Such a unique design you came up with. TFS!!
9.gif

xxGypsyxx

Rough_Rock
So, this just popped up in my weekly update from Pricescope as a #TBT post, & I love it! I frequently purchase my jewelry & gemstones from Thailand, & once you find a seller you trust you can get some really amazing pieces for some really great prices! However, I haven't found someone who will make custom pieces, especially made from photos alone- what a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing that with us!
I LOVE pricescope & seeing everyone's beautiful pictures, & I especially love how everyone is excited & happy for everyone's newest gemstone or diamond treasure without being critical or snarky. I love how Pricescope users are happy to share their knowledge, & offer their opinions, while being genuinely happy & excited about someone else good fortune! That's quite impressive these days, & it says a lot about the character & quality or the people here, & that makes me happy.
However, not everyone can afford Tiffany, or Neil Lane, etc. & it's nice to see someone else who's had great success off of Ebay! I was a Nurse & my Husband & I aren't rich, but I was buying beautiful diamond & gemstone jewelry for what my co-workers were paying for shoes & handbags! They thought my Husband much be rich for us to be able to afford such beautiful pieces of genuine, natural gemstone & diamond jewelry, but I'd much rather shop for clothes, shoes, & purses at Wal-Mart, Kohls, Target, Ross, TJ Maxx, & Marshalls, & spend money on jewelry that will hold, or even increase in value, rather than to have shoes or purses that will be out of style & lose value in a couple of seasons.
Thanks for sharing your Ebay secrets! Your pieces are stunning, & I'm sure you've expanded your collection by leaps & bounds since 2010!
Best Wishes-
Good for you, & best wishes!

P.S. As a former Nurse, FF/Paramedic, & Equestrian/cowgirl/barn-goddess, my hands are DESTROYED! I've never even bothered to pay for manicures, b/c there's just no point, & no hope, so I love that you joked about not having delicate, beautifully manicured hands like so many other blessed women on this site! Even when I was still young & beautiful, my hands always looked like a 70-year old man who had been working on a farm all his life, so I proudly join you in the "Sausage Fingers" club!

Last edited:

ComeInSpinner

Rough_Rock
What lovely rings. Another Aussie here, so good to know there are places we can go to get something beautiful made for not horrendous $$$. :) Thanks for sharing. I'm particularly partial to the squarish halo for the 1.51 round, and look forward to seeing it set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results