shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT hmm so i went a little nuts and...

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, who did your setting for the 1.51 RB?

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous. Especially the ruby band. They look great for being "cheapy settings" I would have never guessed you had them done through Ebay.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
wow, you have quite the collection now!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces!!! Love the outcome!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

I''m drooling over that ruby ring...

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
autumngems: I used Jewelryhoo - I too have bought lots from LOGR but not since the prices went up and the quality went down. I have had probably 10 rings made through Jewelryhoo and speak with him on a personal basis so he has gotten to know my preferences and knows i dont like hollowed out light settings etc. His first comment was that gold was expensive he tries to make it with the least amount possible, when I explained that I prefered quality over price and just to charge me what he needs to make it so im happy with the result all the rings have been fantastic. His english requires patience but he is taking classes and getting much better.

lknvrb4: Jewelryhoo made the setting for the 1.51ct RB - he didnt get it right first time, he thought I wanted a round halo for a RB diamond, I showed him in photos and second time he got it right. I LOVE this setting, the halo is really dainty and doesnt overpower the center which is what i was going for. I love the squarish halo with RB diamond look at the moment :).

Thankyou all for your lovely comments, I was a little scared of posting but it seems i neednt have been
1.gif
sounds odd to say im shy online lol

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I am really impressed with the quality of these so-called cheapy settings! Your photography is great, too. All the rings look beautiful!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all gorgeous!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Loose diamonds laying around!" Ah, that would be my dream come true.

All your rings look beautiful. Enjoy your collection!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection of rings you have! My gosh, they are all so lovely I would have a hard time deciding which one to wear! I am a total newbie to all of this, but honestly, those "cheapy" settings look great to me, I am impressed with the quality of them. And of course, your ruby ring is amazing, what a transformation! I really enjoyed looking at all your rings and gorgeous diamonds!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! You make me want an OEC so badly...but all your rings are gorgeous!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
They all turned out beautiful! I especially love the setting for the transitional cut and the squarish halo setting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look great. Very pretty.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 8:18:07 AM
Author: Lozzarina
very last one i promise - horrible pic - but its the only one I snapped before taking it to the jewellers to be set. its a squarish halo for 1.51ct round diamond

i should get it monday yay

I LOVE this one! You have quite the collection!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they all look great, really beautiful!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
All those are stunning.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!
36.gif
I am glad I stopped back on this thread! I just love the settings and the ruby and diamond ring is really stunning. That''s it....I was thinking of buying a setting from Jewelryhoo and now after seeing yours I am.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fun & so pretty!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Lozzarina, thanks for persevering and posting all of your rings - they are all lovely!
30.gif
I know you posted your gorgeous ruby ring over in Colored Stones, but I would strongly encourage you to post your other rings over there too. Many of us use eBay settings like those for our colored stones, so I think you would get a lot of interest. Did you upgrade the diamonds, and either way, are you happy with the quality? Also, it looks like some are two-toned - are you pleased with the integration, ie, do the two colors meet together seamlessly?

Do you happen to have a profile pic of the 1.51ct setting? I like them all, but that one''s my favorite!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are all gorgeous!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
They''re all beautiful. More handshots please-especially of the ruby!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
GREAT setting jobs! You have quite the buffet to choose from you lucky gal
2.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all turned out beautiful...what a great set of rings you have
30.gif
. I especially love the round in the
square halo...just perfect.

EDIT - can you give us an approximate price range on the settings? I know you said he beefed yours up
with more metal (and they look nice that way). I'm wondering how much the beefed up versions are
running (approximately if I'm not being to nosey
4.gif
).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS pieces - especially ADORE the rubies and diamonds, what fun you will have wearing all of those lovely pieces!!
36.gif
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What lovely pieces!!!!!!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces!! I would have never been able to tell they were ''cheapy'' ebay settings.

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 10:19:04 AM
Author: cellentani
Lozzarina, thanks for persevering and posting all of your rings - they are all lovely!
30.gif
I know you posted your gorgeous ruby ring over in Colored Stones, but I would strongly encourage you to post your other rings over there too. Many of us use eBay settings like those for our colored stones, so I think you would get a lot of interest. Did you upgrade the diamonds, and either way, are you happy with the quality? Also, it looks like some are two-toned - are you pleased with the integration, ie, do the two colors meet together seamlessly?

Do you happen to have a profile pic of the 1.51ct setting? I like them all, but that one''s my favorite!
Thankyou, I will post them over in colored stones if you think it could be of some assistance. I didnt upgrade the diamonds and yes I am happy with the quality. They are single cuts which i love in vintage style rings. When I first started dealing with Jewelryhoo I said I needed to make a few things clear that I would order alot of rings if he didnt skimp on quality and that I was happy to pay accordingly for gold weight and that I have no tolerance for any dull dead diamonds and if I had any in one of my rings it would be going straight back to him. Sounds harsh but I had to be quite direct to get around the language barrier and sugarcoating it would only confuse him. His english has improved greatly over the last 12 months. I would say this is the only drawback and patience is required to ensure he understands exactly what you want.

I have added a closeup photo of the two tone on one of the rings to give you an idea of how they join. They join perfectly.

I have his photo of the 1.51ct profile and will add it in my next post for you

20100124_13.jpg

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
profile of the squareish halo for the 1.51ct

1.5ct setting profile.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results