shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, I''m new here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Jen,

I am sending you the BEST LUCK vibes I can -- and LOTS of SPARKLY thoughts!!

Really, I hope everything works out for you... and SOON : )

Enjoy your trip - whether you fly back with a fiance, or not quite yet!!

Aussiegirl : p

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, fishie. I was hopin'' it was REALLY good news, but it IS good news nonetheless. I hope he does it there -- beach sounds perfect! I just can''t imagine him waiting any longer if he has it. But knowing him, it has to be everything he can make it be for you! The bad thing is that on my recent (2 weeks ago - argh!) trip, Matt wouldn''t let me near his pockets either. Even told me "you may find something you don''t want to find in there" ... and all along he was just messing with my head. I sure do not believe for a second that Paul is that mean, though!
2.gif
I can''t wait to hear more updates about your trip -- have a wonderful time! (and your neice sounds precious
1.gif
)

jen
35.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can''t wait to hear all about you and Paul when it all finally happens!!!

I''m excited for you!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

M~

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, even on vacation I can''t stay away from here. Seems like Paul and I always make a beeline for the computer (me for this forum, him for skyscrapercity) at the same times. This morning he''s still asleep, so I have free reign. I just *have* to check in and see what people are up to. Crazy girl I am.

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL. We went up to the mountains with my dad and oldest neice, Morgan. I took awesome pictures, and I was fully intending on posting a couple of them, but I realized that while I brought my camera, I didn''t bring any of the software or the cable for the PC connection. Dang. My parents do have a scanner, but it''s pretty old school and I remember having issues trying that in the past. Anyway, it was fabulous and we had a great time and it was so fun to look over at Paul and just see him smiling so big. He loves nature, and exploring new areas is a passion of his.

He''s also decided that at some point we have to have a convertible so we can see "more of nature, without windows and door frames in the way." It cracked me up because he''s so practical and yeah, a convertible really isn''t that much. But he''s fallen in love with my mom''s and I think my hair is destined to be all knotted up several times before we go back home.

Anyway, we''re having fun and Paul commented yesterday how fun it was to get to see me every day and how he looks forward to that for the rest of his life. I resisted the temptation to say, "Um, engage me then, and the deed''ll be well on it''s way, buddy!" Heeeheee.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara, did you ever find a healthier version of tater tots? Just curious. I figure the standard ones are better than fries, since you bake instead of fry them. Anyway, I''ve never been to a Whole Foods, but I''ve heard great things about them. I''m just too cheap, I think. Maybe some day. Especially if they have tater tots I can eat without feeling like a cow mama afterwards.
20.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Fish, sounds like so much fun!! I hope you two make the most of this extended time together( read: I hope HE makes the most of this trip for you two!)! Can''t wait til your next update!
jen
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
No real *update* for today. Sorry, girls.

I woke up this morning, and rushed to find him to tell him my dream. Funny, he saw me and said, "hey, I dreamed I asked you last night, Jen!" He was all happy and proud of himself, although he said he knew it was a dream because he didn''t ask like he wanted to, and I didn''t "gush and act like you always do when you''re happy and excited." I dreamed he asked me, too. And the ring was the profile of a horse head, and the diamond was the eyeball. I was so happy, that I wore it and loved it and yeah, my best friend was there, and she said, "do you like horses now or something?" I said, "oh yeah I do NOW!" Hehee... Told Paul that, and he said he''d seen something like that at a flea market one time, and if he''d only known, it would have saved him a lot of headache and money. He even offered to send back my ring for that one, since I liked it so much. Crazy boy.

Soon after us talking, I got up, and he asked if I was going to my "diamond forum." I smiled, said yes, and he chuckled, saying things about how I just love my new friends. He cracks me up.

Maybe I''ll have a real life non-dream to post soon. We shall see.

*Yesterday we went to the beach. Talk about hyper excited it might happen there. Nope. We''ll see. The beach is supposed to happen again, if we can work it out that way.*

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Kick him in the bootie for me for missing the beach opportunity!
11.gif
I''m crossing my fingers that when you make it back to the beach, it''ll be IT! This waiting game is so argh-ish, isn''t it??

jen

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, fiiiiiiishhhhhie, where''s our update???????

Come back with good news!

jen
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We have been BUSY the past two days. I''m dead tired, and a lovely shade of pink.
face5.gif
Yesterday was Six Flags Magic Mountain day. Fun times. We got up early, met my sister-in-law and the kiddos *all five of them* at the park and traded back and forth all day between the kiddie rides and the "big kid rides." We had FUN. Happily, I did not get sick, and I rode 6 coasters. I was so proud.
face6.gif

Anyway, got home last night at like 11, woke up this morning at 3am (!!!!!!) and got back in the car with my mom, Paul, my sister-in-law, her mom to go to The Price is Right. Gosh, that was a BLAST. We didn''t win, but it was a ton of fun regardless. The thing is, you have to get there by 6am, then you wait around all day to see if you make it into the audience, then it tapes at 2:30, then you leave at like 3:45 or 4ish. Crazy. Got home around 7:45 tonight. Sleepy, tired, and yeah, a tad cranky. Dinner fixed that, though. Yay!

So, there is your update. Ooh! Let me add this, though. Paul and Christi *sis-in-law* went on some coasters together yesterday and HE TOLD HER HIS PLAN. So now someone else knows it!!! That makes me SO excited. He didn''t mean to tell me he told her, but on the way home from the park, I was sleepy so I was gabbing on and on and he was too, to help me stay awake. Anyway, out it came, and there was NO way to backtrack. I did *pretty good* (for me) and didn''t push for more details, but I do know that she knows where the ring is hidden, too. It''s IN MY ROOM???!!! I have NO clue where it is, and I''ve even used my three older neices as "hunters." It was their idea, but I didn''t object, since I''d already looked pretty good and hadn''t found it, I thought it unlikely that they''d find it. So far, no sightings. Paul said no one has seen it other than him, and he''s keeping it that way until the day he asks me. Sweet goodness, I hope it''s soon before he forgets where he hid it!!
9.gif
I do think it''s sweet he wants me to be the first person he sees who sees it, though.

There''s your update. Not engaged. Crazy happy excited about it. Asked if he was going to ask me in line for the game show; he looked at me like I was crazy and said he was no where near that cheesy. I wonder if he knows that the more time that passes, the more time I have to dream up GREAT potential proposals. Hmm.

Having SO much fun. He''s just adorable and I love to watch him interacting with my family. Such a joy and a gem he is. Hoping for more of an UPDATE soon.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I so hope all of you are having a good week! Happy, happy thoughts and wishes!
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I just caught up on the list of newly engaged people. Congratulations! Yay for Anchor, Sujuann, I think that's right, and courthorn.
9.gif

Sadly, I'm not engaged yet. I'm sort of raw emotionally about it all, and I just posted a butt-long post, but then I got to thinking people would see it as me complaining or whinning, and I really don't want to appear that way. I love my Paul. I want to marry him. I'm excited, eager, and I want him to be happy, too. To him happy is doing this *the right way,* which means according to his original plans.

The gist of it is that he didn't know it was so important that I have this time engaged with my family to plan and be happy and excited and all that, and so it won't happen this trip, because he's had to reschedule something *big* three times now because of the ring taking so much longer to be made than he anticipated.

I'm sad. Disappointed. But there is hope that my mom will be able to visit me and do the fun stuff I'd been hoping for this trip.

At least he has a plan! I love him so; I just wish I was his fiancee NOW. Yep, ever the impatient one. That's me.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Not engaged yet? I have been following your thread off and on. I can see how frustrating this can be, I am so sorry. Don''t worry about coming here to rant, it''s ok.
Hugs, I hope it is soon!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Fisher, I keep thinking I will check here and see the good news! I am sorry he hasn''t done it on the trip because all of us girls know how much it would have meant for your family to see the ring and start the planning. Guys have some brain cells missing or something, so I guess you''d better get used to it!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Aw, fisher, I really hoped you''d be engaged before me... Don''t lose faith, it''s coming, and it''s sooo worth the wait!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
It will be before you know it Fisher!!!!...I''m sure it will be worth the wait!!!

How about pictures from the trip?

M~

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Fishie, I''m sorry your feeling down. It does really stink that things drag on like this, huh. But we''re waiting with you. I''m waiting with you! It''s gonna happen soon don''t worry. I hope you''re still enjoying your trip home here to SoCal. How are you liking this hot weather?!!? Maybe it''s the same as it was for you back at home?

So wait, I haven''t read through the last couple pages here, but does Paul have the ring or not??

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls. I''m feeling MUCH better today, since the inital blow of, *wow, I was anticipating this for nothing* wore off. He told me that he''s made plans, special plans, and that he''s rescheduled them three times now because of the ring delay and him just being *too optimistic,* as he put it, and although he brought the ring here, nothing seemed as *good as or as sweet* as what he has planned. Just knowing he''s made plans down to reservations is exciting, and I just about know it''s Tybee Island and/or Savannah, and I do so adore that area of Georgia!

So, it *should* be this weekend coming up, or the next one, depending on how we work out who visits who first. *He won''t tell me that until probably Thursday for sure, since he''s so flipping hard headed set on there being a surprise involved. Aye!

I also talked to my mom about her visiting before the wedding; she said that won''t be a problem at all, which made me feel TONS better. I''m sort of a control freak when it comes to details, so it''s okay that I''ll be doing most of it, I just want guidance and help along the way.

I took the girls today to pick out their hair sparklies for the wedding, and they just loved that. The two little ones *6 and almost 4* will be flower girls and they have ever so tiny and delicate tiara combs to wear, and the big girls *11 and 9* have sparkly headbands that are doubled up so pretty and they sort of lay so they are more toward the front of their heads than across the middle. Most likely, my mom will make their dresses, so it won''t be that hard to pick out a pattern she can find and then get a code off the fabric and send that to her.

So, I''m happy and waiting SO hard for the *timing* to be perfect so this boy can do what he''s been planning and thinking about since April.

Sunkist: He does have the ring. Got it right before the 4th of July, and I was so hoping he''d be the type of guy who couldn''t wait to make the pledge to me, but he wants the ideal in his head, even though he brought the ring on our trip, just in case something better or just as good presented itself. Dang it all; it didn''t. And yeah, I''ve been loving the weather!! It and my wonderful kiddos are a main selling point in us moving here some day! Yay!!

Thanks for your sweet comments. I won''t lie, I cried a good bit yesterday, but it melts me that he wants it to be something so special it just *blows my mind.* He told my sister in law the plans and she told me today, after she knew I knew it wouldn''t be here on this trip, that I won''t regret it because it''s sweet and he''s just *SO* excited about it and it being great for me.

Besides, if I find a good deal on a ticket some time, I might just fly home for an extended weekend to do the "girl" stuff that Paul''d be bored with, anyway.

Paul talks about our upcoming engagement and preparation for marriage so much more now, and he looks at me with this funny, special sparkle in his eyes. It''s great. He''s also been praying with me in a LOT more of a husband/wife way, which is just the ultimate in chill bumps of happiness and excitement and joy and just feeling completely blessed.

Okay, all that *aww* stuff aside, being with him for two weeks day in and day out has also given both of us a reality check, to a degree. Not in a bad way, but more like, "yeah, he sure is on his own time schedule in EVERY area of his life, and for him, that I am adamant about issues and just about anything I take to heart. Of course, we already knew these things, but yeah, day in and day out sort of shows it a little more. Happily, we are quick to discuss and resolve, or at least compromise through, things. Mom and Dad both commented that I''m not nearly as bossy or stubborn headed with Paul as I have been in the past. Somehow, it''s easier to compromise when you trust the other person and know they have your best interest in mind, too. Gosh, I love loving him. Even when I''m grumpy with him for taking ten minutes to decide something trivial, like which soda to choose at Del Taco, or which freeway to take to get to Magic Mountain. Dad even said he could see my "strong independence" ebbing to a degree, so yay! I''m not as demanding anymore!

Okay, night girls. I so appreciate having this place to vent, release things, and bubble off happiness.
face6.gif

ANCHOR: I didn''t post on your new thread, but CONGRATS, girl. How cute is it that he couldn''t wait long at all until he asked you?? I just love that! I''m happy for you! I can''t wait to see more pictures! The picture of you two is too cute! You are totally glowing. GLOWING!! Yay!!! But I have to ask, will you still be around some? I''d hate to not know what''s going on in your life in Canada. I have this fascination with that place and I''ve never even been. How crazy is that? I have Anne Shirley to blame.
9.gif
And again, YAY for you! Happy, happy!!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Fishie-- I''m SO sorry it didn''t happen on your trip, because I especially know that letdown. I have no doubt in my mind that whatever Paul has planned, it will be something you''ll remember and appreciate the rest of your life. Matt is dead-set on the surprise-factor, too, which doesn''t jive too well with my "gotta-know-every-last-detail" personality, but I''m trying now to back off and let him do his thing. I was SO let down after our trip -- I cried a lot that Sunday on the way home. And then last weekend, I didn''t even think for a second he''d NOT do it, given how I felt a few weekends before. We actually got in a bit of a tiff (more emotion than argument) about him not caring about my feelings (his side: me not allowing him the space to do what he has planned). We both felt crappy about that. So I just completely understand how the letdown feels.

The good part is that you KNOW you have something WONDERFUL to look forward to! I know your boy will NOT let you down!!

Hope you''re back to being around here more often again
emwink.gif
(ps I found the "new" smilies!)

jen

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I''m cheering for you both!!!
face1.gif

You are both so so so close and I know it can get painful, but just think the "agony" will be over soon and you will forget all about this waiting! (or at least that''s what I keep telling myself
28.gif
)

Jen, I''m sure you will have to pass down the taking care of the LIW list very soon!
31.gif

M~

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Mandarine. People who keep getting engaged around here are telling us all it''s worth the wait, but the wait is making me a total pain in the arse!
2.gif
Honestly, I''m thinking (AGAIN) it''ll be this upcoming weekend, b/c 1. it''s our Sat night out (which happens every other week, which means alone time, no kids) and 2. Sunday is his family''s july birthdays dinner, in which I am included. This means more presents, maybe one from him?? He KNOWS I don''t want to go to another family gathering NOT engaged and it would be just like him to make me go, and then surprise me.

Looks like Fisher''s maybe up for next weekend too, so this could get interesting!!!

I think I''ll "hang on" to the list for a while though, so I can watch some more friends here get engaged
9.gif

jen

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
that sounds promising!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m glad you will take care of the list for a while!
9.gif
I will let you guys know when it''s time to cheer for me!
31.gif

M~

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
M~ maybe YOU''LL be the one that surprises us all next!!
31.gif

jen

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
that would be nice, except I know it won''t happen
emcry.gif

He doesn''t have a plan...and I know he means it. I think he wants to get all the real estate things taken care of and then we''ll see....so we''re talking sept/october. I''m not happy about it but I''ve come to terms with it, he did say 2006...so that gives him ''til the end of the year
32.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 3:15:37 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
ANCHOR: I didn''t post on your new thread, but CONGRATS, girl. How cute is it that he couldn''t wait long at all until he asked you?? I just love that! I''m happy for you! I can''t wait to see more pictures! The picture of you two is too cute! You are totally glowing. GLOWING!! Yay!!! But I have to ask, will you still be around some? I''d hate to not know what''s going on in your life in Canada. I have this fascination with that place and I''ve never even been. How crazy is that? I have Anne Shirley to blame.
9.gif
And again, YAY for you! Happy, happy!!
Dear fisher, of course I''ll stick around! I can''t wait to hear about how Paul will have proposed! Thank you so much for your lovely compliments... Hehe, Paul told me about your fascination with Canada, PEI and Anne Shirley...
27.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, fisher, I meant to tell you to tell Paul that Wren is still here, but she has a different identity.... tell him she recently got engaged though!!!
2.gif
She had to go undercover for fear her now-fiance would find her on here while he was searching for her, um, antique-style ring! (with the oec cut, if i''m not totally mistaken...)
9.gif
2.gif

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
The first day back at work after a great vacation always drags. Argh. Happily, though, there weren''t any major issues that came up with any of the kids on my caseload. Yippee!!

Last night was a bit sad. We both know it was the end of our vacation and our time together, even though we''ll see one another this weekend. We watched *Fried Green Tomatoes,* which I''d never seen before, and afterwards Paul was on the couch and I went to take out my contacts and when I came back to the living room, his eyes were all red and he just looked at me so sweet and it was so piercing. He said he was both happy and sad; happy because he''s so in love with me and because of all the memories we made on vacation, and all those yet to come, and sad because he had to leave me in the morning and that it *wasn''t fair.* (He re-learned that phrase from my neice Katie). He is such a good guy. It''s so great to see him be emotional like that sometimes. I just love it. Lucky me!!

Puppy was happy to see me, too. Yay.

Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well. Don''t get too hot. It''s warmer here than it was in Cali. Humidity is evil!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
(sigh) I know that it had to be hard leaving after getting all that time together. I''m sure it''s not easy doing the long-distance thing anyway, but to get the "tease" of being together for a while makes it harder, I am sure. Chin up, though!! Just thinking about it, your WEDDING isn''t that far off, let alone the engagement! I''m sure if you work on planning that a little, it will ease the sadness of being a part a bit, right?? I''m glad you two had a memorable trip, despite the lack of engagement! I think it''s wonderful that you have a man who is not afraid to express how he feels to you in a very open, honest way. Some guys have it a bit harder in that department. He is at least able to let you know in many ways how much he loves you, and you can bet he will plan one special engagement! I was reading back some of his posts a while back, and, boy, is he EVER in love with you!
30.gif

I am hoping and praying for you that your special day happens in a couple of days at the most!

jen

ps di you tell him about wren?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I did. He said, "well, good! I really liked her!" So, congratulations from Paul.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I guess I always knew he was planning, because he''s nothing if not a hard thinker and planner before something *big,* but I just feel so relaxed now, knowing that he''s made plans, and more so, that he''s been so persistent with them, even in having to change them a couple times due to changes in the actual time it took to purchase the ring.

I''m excited because he''s so excited about it. He''s all kinds of proud of himself and he''s said it will absolutely make me smile and giggle and laugh and cry and that I''ll want to have at least three scrapbook pages of the whole thing. That''s some rather big talk, isn''t it? Hee hee. He also knew I''d want a piece of the packaging it came in, so he saved the FedEx box for me. So easily I''m amused.

I still don''t know if I''m going to Georgia Friday or next weekend. He said he''d let me know *soon.* I''m still packed from vacation, so either way won''t be a big deal. I''ll just not unpack, in case I do get to go this weekend. That''s his element of surprise with the timing, so I''m totally gonna go with it. Yay!

We did talk about maybe waiting until December to get married. I don''t want to, but it would make it easier for the kiddos who are in school, and it''d give him more time for a honeymoon, too. I don''t know. I''d rather get married in the fall. I love fall. I''d like to have a weekend away, and then a more *real* honeymoon in December, maybe. I don''t care. I just want to marry him.
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Eeeek!!! He just called me and told me to come to his place tomorrow, but not to get there earlier than my *usual time,* please. He also said that although he didn''t want to give anything away, I needed to bring Flip''s special bone, the one that she HAS to have when she stays with someone who''s not me, to keep her calm. I guess it''s like her security blanket or something.

I *think* that means we won''t be at his house on Saturday night, and his parents will babysit their "granddog." Interesting indeed!!!

I almost feel like I''m going to pee my pants!!! Yippeee! Yay!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! Oh, geez, I''m SO excited you get to go this weekend and I just CANNOT wait to hear what he has up his sleeve!!! PLEASE report to us IMMEDIATELY upon return
2.gif

I''ll be thinking about you guys -- HAVE FUN!!!!

(ps not happening for me this weekend, now I''m sure -- but I''m just as excited for you two as I am for myself at this point!)
jen
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results