shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, I''m new here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dixie, thank you for the compliment. I admit that Sunday was a hard day for me, and then Monday was worse when he said we may not see one another this weekend, either.

It''s still looking like it''s not going to happen this weekend, but he has made me feel a lot better about it because he has been stressed with the move, and yeah, it will be better when all his focus is on happy stuff, rather than a move.

My best friend says she can''t believe I''m doing so well, and that Paul''s still alive. Heehee. I have been hysterical and even in tears a few times, but well, I know it''s coming and I don''t doubt his intentions, and that means *so* much. He wants the ideal. I cannot kill that (I know, I''ve tried). So if it''s one more weekend, okay. However, if it''s more than that-- well, then I can make no promises.

My dad called this morning; he''s on his way to visit NC again, but he says he plans on getting here and being gone again before Friday, because he has work to do back home. Not that I want my dad to be here a short time, but I''d hate for Paul''s plans to be moved AGAIN. Eventually these people are going stop agreeing to change his reservations!
31.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Girl, I admire your strength. I don''t know HOW you didn''t go psycho on him when he hadn''t gotten his packing stuff done already. Not that I''m *condoning* being psycho, per se
2.gif
Yes, you know it''s coming, but I''m sure it can''t help knowing that you would be a fiance already if it weren''t for the darned stomach thingy!! It''ll be PERFECT when it happens and I just know KNOW you are going to look back on this time thinking "Yeah, I was frustrated, but it was all worth it!" Smile and think of how it will be...

So are you enjoying your new Brady Bunch stuff??

Yesterday I caught up on a LOT of tivo''d tv as I was sick all day. Feeling better today, thank goodness, b/c it means I get to go show off the ring to more people at work tomorrow!
31.gif
It''s weird to look forward to work, but I know you will understand what I mean VERY soon....
2.gif

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Sk8r, I *did* go psycho on him for a hot minute, but then I realized that he *thought* it was going to be LAST weekend, so his waiting to move his stuff wasn''t going to put a damper on our engagement. Neither of us knew I was sick until Friday, and when he said on Sunday that he''d make it up this week, he was with me, sick, trying to make me feel better and not so bad about ruining the plans he''d made.

So yeah, it sucks and I wish he''d gotten it done this week, but my boy''s precise in EVERYTHING he does, so I can''t blame him. Good news, though: he finally agreed to throw away his old, worn out, nasty looking, scuffed up, smelly shoes that he wore his FIRST year of teaching. It was a sentimental thing, but I bought him new ones *and much nicer, might I add* months ago, and yay! He''s let go!! Maybe I won''t end up in a house filled with worthless things ladden with SENTIMENTAL value.

He called and said, "Guess what I''m about to do for you?" Funny man. He put them in their own trash bag and everything. I told him we could take a picture, so he''d always remember them. We could even make a scrapbook page for them. He said, "Um, I''m not THAT attached, Jen."

Back to the waiting thing: I go in cycles. I''m hoping that it''s an upsweep from here out, but well, if it''s not SOON, I''m gonna be irritated again. A lot!!

Glad you''re feeling better, Jen!! I''m sorry you were under the weather for a while. Can be a tad depressing, huh? Oh, I also wanted to ask you something about your freckles. I have them, too. Have you noticed them decreasing in number with age? My brother''s are all but gone now, and mine, I like to think, have faded a touch, but I still have a lot of them, particularly on my forehead. I keep hoping my time will come and they''ll fade out a bit more. Just wondering if yours have, at all. I''m an odd one, huh?
20.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I had to laugh at this b/c my mom said to me on the phone the other day (after getting emilaed pics of the ring) "I think it''s so cute you still have freckles on your fingers!" And the answer to your question is no. Actually, I have found that mine have blended together over time so that I am closer to being one big freckle!
20.gif
I WISH they''d fade, but for some odd reason, other people seem to like them. I like them on other people, just not me!

Now, Adrian, my middle son (who is the only one with brown hair) had some freckles during his first year, and then they completely faded. He even tans! My 2 redheads are very freckly, and I expect they will be like that forever...

Paul sounds sweet, and I hear you about him making plans for LAST weekend and not thinking that the moving would interfere. It still is just sad to ne -- we would have been engagement-weekend buddies! Darn these illnesses. Of course, I''m still in shock that it finally, actually DID happen for me. I hope you''re sooner than you think!

jen

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
So since there is no sign of Fisher here, should I assume she made it to see Paul? I hope so! Fishie, fishie, we need an update! I am all set to start jumping up and down whenever you have THE news!!!
9.gif
9.gif

jen

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
We''re waiting Fisher...........
12.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking this is a good sign for Fisher!! I bet she is relishing being engaged!!! I bet she is! I hope she is busy taking fantastic pictures for all of us!! Am I right Fisher? Fiisher?

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking the same thing, Seattle! But since Paul just moved, he may not have his computer set up yet, so she may be PS-deprived! Sending you happy vibes, fisher!
jen

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
emlove.gif
I''ve got my fingers AND toes crossed, but I have a good feeling too! Where are ya, Jen? Here, Fishie, Fishie, Fishie!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2006 6:29:28 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
It's a makeshift Model T-A, Lorelei. I *L*O*V*E* that song! It's a great one. The CD is called 'Best of the Brady Bunch: It's a Sunshine Day' and is a combination of the songs they sang on the show, as well as the albums the actors created while on the show, or on the Brady Variety Hour TV show. My preference is for the ones I grew up listening to in reruns, and a few of the others are fairly horrid, but I think overall it was WELL worth my ten bucks!
Thanks Fishie! You are a real groovy chick who is happening in a far out way! Where are you??
emotion-40.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m crossing my finger for an engaged thread from you, sweetie!
28.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed here as well! I''m holding my breath for you, Fishie!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I''ve checked here several times between last night and tonight! I hope she is okay.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
*joins the vigil*

Hopin'' for good news, Fishie!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe she''s out shopping for a new digital camera! We need to start telling the guys that a camera needs to come with the e-ring!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I was sure she would have checked in by tonight -- I feel like such a mom right now! "Where''s fisher?? Is she ok??" I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing you are happier than you''ve ever been, Jen! Bring back good news!

jen

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
haha, with all this, "where''s fishie?" and "heeeeere fishie, fishie, fishie." I feel like LIW has turned into Finding Nemo.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 11:20:31 PM
Author: Fancy605
haha, with all this, ''where''s fishie?'' and ''heeeeere fishie, fishie, fishie.'' I feel like LIW has turned into Finding Nemo.
Haha... I knew it was reminding me of something!!

Excited to hear from you, Fisher... and hopefully get to see some new pix!!
31.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 10:56:13 PM
Author: sk8rjen
Wow, I was sure she would have checked in by tonight -- I feel like such a mom right now! ''Where''s fisher?? Is she ok??'' I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing you are happier than you''ve ever been, Jen! Bring back good news!

jen
I''ve been away for a while but I thought sure they''d be engaged by now...come on Paul we are all waiting very impatiently. I''m starting to get more impatient than I know she is LOL.
I do hope she''s good and that wherever she is she comes back with great news...come on Jen give us an update
1.gif

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
ooh i hope so too! where are you, fisher?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am pretty surprised too!
33.gif
We''ll just have to assume that it''s good news and there is no available internet.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think this has officially become Fish Watch 2006. I have been dying to see the ring since Paul first started posting about it. Actually, once he does pop the question, I wonder which one of them will post first in Show Me the Ring.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess she''ll be the one posting but it is a bit strange she hasn''t been on to give an update...come on Jen!
32.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, where did Jen go? She did mention that her dad was going to be in town for part of the week. Maybe she is spending time with him and Paul right now? Maybe CELEBRATING AN ENGAGEMENT?
9.gif
I can''t wait for her to check in with us...

Here, Fishie, Fishie, Fishie...
2.gif

nemoua6.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I''m keeping my fingers crossed too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooohhh!!! I hope that shes celebrating her engagement
36.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! New thread! New thread!

I''m sorry, but girl - you just ain''t NEW here anymore!!!

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, girls, I had no idea I''d have people worried about me. I''m fine, I''m fine. Promise!

I''ve been at my grandpa''s with my dad since the weekend, and then I decided to stay around with him until tonight, and there''s no internet there.

Paul has successfully moved, and I, sadly, did not see him this weekend. We are planning on seeing one another this weekend, though! Happily, being with my dad has kept me busy and not so stuck on being worried/sad over our lack of engagement action here lately. It did come up when my dad asked me today what our plans were for the weekend (he''s still not sure if he''ll be here by the time the weekend rolls around), and I told him I wasn''t sure, but that we were planning on seeing one another this upcoming weekend, but that I wasn''t sure if we''d be in Georgia or here, since he''s here.

My daddy''s reply? "I love you, Jenny, so take this the right way, but I''d rather see you engaged than see you all weekend." Hee hee. I love that my family is just about as excited as I am!!

So, we shall see how things play out. Paul says he still has a few surprises planned, even if this has become much less *surprise-filled* than he had originally dreamed up.

Sorry to have let you all down. Hopefully I''ll have a better post soon, though.

**How CRAZY is this? Now that I REALLY think it''s coming coming, COMING, I''m a tad bit nervous. Am I insane or what? Not nervous like, ooh, I''m scared to marry him and have that promise of commitment, but more like nervous with the whole "magnitude" thing like he was dealing with like two or three weeks ago. Hmm. Crazy. Still can''t hardly wait, though!!**

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Notice that dozens of people who you have never literally met are sitting on the edge of their seats and checking this thread multiple times a day!!! You''re going to have to invite us all to the wedding!!!! Haha!

So glad things are good with you, Jen! We''ll be hoping for good things next weekend!!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Fish...we were all sure you''d come back as a fiance. Glad to hear you''re still excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results