shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, I''m new here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I called Paul and told him about all these posts, and he said, "No way!" Hee hee. He''s been instructed to not let the masses down. We''ll see what kind of follow through he has.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Irish, yeah, I was thinking someone would think I was engaged, but I just had to bust the bubble. Sorry. It''s on the way, though. Gosh, it better be!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dad''s reply to you was so very sweet. Add me to the list that has checked this thread over and over for updates. It''s a coming soon, can''t wait to hear all about it.
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It better be on it''s way girl!
11.gif

We had another weekend with no engagements didn''t we? *Gasp*

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to ask who got engaged this weekend. Dang!

What happened to the Engagement Sweep we had rolling in? Lost it''s steam, I guess.

Here''s hoping for a new front come the weekend! Or heck, it can start NOW, for that matter!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you are back...but disappointed there''s still no ring. Come on Paul...all of us that originally were talking to/helping him are on the edge of our seats waiting to see what he decided on. LOL...let''s hope this weekend is it!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sad it didn''t happen this weekend. I had gotten so excited for you! I''m glad that you are still excited. I hope to hear a story soon! How knows? Middle of the week proposals aren''t completely out of the picture are they?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You should tell Paul that Anch (BTW, have you told him about my engagement to J? And showed him pics?
28.gif
) is getting itchy to see that ring and see it on your finger!!
25.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT THE.......????!!!!!

OK, I''m really glad to know you are ok and that you were just without internet, but (series of expletives inserted here)!

And then *you* are apologizing for letting us down?? It''s Paul and timing, not you! Glad to hear, too, that your dad is so excited about the engagement...it''s nice that with today being Wednesday, your weekend will be here in no time! We''re obviously all looking forward to your new thread
2.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Unrepentantly one of the thread-checkers.
9.gif

Here''s hoping for sooner than soon!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, I did tell Paul about your engagement, and he was very happy for you. I think he might have even ended up checking out your thread, but I''m not sure. I''ll definitely tell him to at least search for pictures of your pretty ring!

How did your camping trip go? Wonderfully, I hope!

I''m surprising myself at how okay I am with the timing thing. For whatever reason, Paul has his own ideas, and I''ve kind of just gotten used to the idea that this is an area where he''s really wanting to have the lead, so the lead he shall have. We still haven''t worked out exactly what we''re doing this weekend, but it''ll be okay, either way. I''ve lived through a month of him having the ring and not being able to wear it. I figure I can live up until the time it happens.

I am still *very* excited, though. I just don''t talk about it all that much to him. Makes him end up bringing up things engagement related. I like that. Good to know it''s on his mind quite frequently, too. It will happen. Married in October won''t happen, but married certainly will.
9.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 5:37:44 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Anchor, I did tell Paul about your engagement, and he was very happy for you. I think he might have even ended up checking out your thread, but I''m not sure. I''ll definitely tell him to at least search for pictures of your pretty ring!

How did your camping trip go? Wonderfully, I hope!

I''m surprising myself at how okay I am with the timing thing. For whatever reason, Paul has his own ideas, and I''ve kind of just gotten used to the idea that this is an area where he''s really wanting to have the lead, so the lead he shall have. We still haven''t worked out exactly what we''re doing this weekend, but it''ll be okay, either way. I''ve lived through a month of him having the ring and not being able to wear it. I figure I can live up until the time it happens.

I am still *very* excited, though. I just don''t talk about it all that much to him. Makes him end up bringing up things engagement related. I like that. Good to know it''s on his mind quite frequently, too. It will happen. Married in October won''t happen, but married certainly will.
9.gif
Does Paul know this? I remember you saying he''s clueless as to how long it can take to plan a wedding. Maybe you should tell him, and he''d get a move on!
27.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think he''s come to terms with it. We''ll decide on a date once we''re engaged, because we both want to do things in order. We have totally commited to 2006, though. So, however it goes, it won''t be an incredibly long engagement. It''s best that way. I can be obsessive over things, and I don''t want to have TOO long to stress out over a wedding. We want the marriage more than the flowers and tulle and all that stuff. Maybe December. Maybe November. Probably December. We''ll see. I would even consider January, but I have a cousin getting married in early Jan, and I''d hate to have two too close together. We''ll see. I think December 30 could be cute--the eve of New Year''s Eve.
9.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I've secretly wanted to get married in the fall, or winter around Christmas time...only because it's my favorite holiday. I think it'd be beautiful, but that's me! Anyway, my friend is getting married on December 30th!!! As a plus, you'd save a TON on decorations and flowers since churches and reception venues will already be decorated. That's one of the main reasons my friend and her fiance chose that date. Just something to think about.
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear you''re feeling very positive about the situation right now. Enjoy that "zen moment"! I''m still hoping you''ll be next off the list!

The camping trip went very well, thank you! I was curious to see how the "suburb boy" would manage in the wild, and he did great. He really enjoyed it, and I was so happy!! I hadn''t gone for three years and I had missed it so much, it felt amazing to go again with my new fiancé! We had a wonderful time.
9.gif
10.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha, Irish. That''s why I''ve NOT wanted Christmas. I love and adore Christmas, and the meaning behind it all, and the family and the falalala idea and all that warm fuzzy stuff, but I don''t want to have a Christmas themed wedding. If we do December, it''ll be more of a winter theme, I guess. I still sort of hope for an October wedding, but most of my friends are on the west coast, so basically, it''s a country away, and I doubt such short notice will really work. However, that sort of has an upside, too, because we''re wanting a small wedding. Close, intimate, not elaborate, not fancy, but not trashy.

In the end, it''ll be at the best time and it''ll be wonderful. Even if I end up with red and green and poinsettas everywhere! Although, it would be cute to have those white twinkly lights, ,and maybe the girls could carry something sort of like Christmas balls in a bouquet *not sure how I feel about that, but it hit my mind just this second, and I can see it being maybe cute, with some of that really fat, pretty, translucent ribbon. Hmm. Ideas, ideas.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh Anchor, I''m so glad you had fun! Yay! Paul and I have plans to camp at Yosemite some day when we''re back in Cali. I can''t wait. I''m gonna need a tent big enough to house an inflatable mattress, though. I''m a baby that way.

I love the picture of your ring you''re using now. It''s so clear and pretty! Nicely taken picture of a gorgeous ring!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
You don't have to have a Christmas-themed wedding, I just thought of my friend when you mentioned 12/30. =) They're not doing Christmas, but chose it because they got engaged right before xmas last year and thought they'd save on decorations since everything will be wintery. =)

Anyway, have you ever seen Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason??? I totally just thought of that movie because if you've seen it, at the end when Bridget catches her mom's bouquet it has little Christmas lights incorporated within the flowers. I thought it was the coolest thing. Check it out!
2.gif

ETA: I'm looking for a picture of it, but the only one I found so far doesn't show the lights...

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that sounds so pretty! I''ve not seen the movie, but I can just imagine!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was awesome...I remember white and lavender roses with the little lights...it was gorgeous. I can''t find it for you, I''m sorry!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I did a search and couldn''t find them, either. I bet it was really pretty, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results