shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, I''m new here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Awe. Look at the itty bitty lil guy! I love kitties.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I went to the dentist today, so I get the first half of the day off work. Yay! I love getting my teeth cleaned. It''s such a GREAT feeling afterwards. I also like hearing that I''m tarter-free, too. Flossing really does pay off.

Have any of you ever heard of a person having congenitally missing teeth? That means you''re just born without all of the *adult* teeth you''re supposed to have. A lot of times it happens with back teeth, or most commonly "wisdom teeth." Well, I was born with congenitally missing laterals, which are the teeth that are on either side of your two front teeth, on top. Anyway, I had my baby teeth and never noticed that they didn''t fall out and new *adult* ones come in. When I got braces when I was 19, the orthodontist told me that they weren''t adult teeth and that I needed to have them pulled to let the adults come down. Went to the dentist, no adults to come down. Well, with the strain braces put on teeth, to get them lined up straight, baby teeth without roots don''t last long. Anyway, that''s the long version story of saying I''m missing two teeth and have had them attached to my retainer for years now, but have been thinking for a LONG time about the options in not wearing my retainer anymore. Today I got good news!

There have always been two options offered to me: either bridges or implants. First of all, I don''t like to think of anything similar to a DRILL near me, much less one grinding a SCREW into my gums and bone! And I don''t like the idea of teeth I already have being crowned to allow for the new teeth to be attached to me. Well, there is something called a "Marilyn Bridge" that the dentist said would be ideal for me, since I have such small teeth and an implant would be too hard to put into such a small place, let alone so expensive for a tooth not used for biting, etc. This method would be PAINLESS (
9.gif
) and would not require my existing teeth to be ground down or crowned! Yay! All they do is put in this tooth that has *wings* that attach to the back of the existing teeth. Yipppeee! He said given that I''ve had my retainer for years without anything breaking on it, I should be okay with this as long as I keep being as careful. I''m excited.

Now I just have to wait and see how much insurance will pay on it. Getting two new teeth God didn''t give me will cost a ton of money. Hopefully, though, I won''t be wearing a retainer the day I marry my Paul!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher, that''s great news about the Marilyn Bridge. You are an amazing person to actually like the dentist. I dread it! Hmmm, I guess maybe I should floss more often and it wouldn''t be so bad.
Anyway, not sure if I''ve posted on this thread before but I have been trying to catch up lately. Sorry that the proposal hasn''t happened yet, but it seems you''re keeping your spirits up which is fantastic. It also sounds like it''s coming very, very soon, and this is so exciting!!
Can''t wait to check back and hear some great news.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I agree, you''re one of the first people I''ve heard of who like going to the dentist.
2.gif
It''s so great that they''re able to do that!!

I''m sorry about this weekend. I was really hoping that it would finally happen. I''m glad you feel better.

I love your gift to Paul, by the way.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Good to see you around again, Blen. I hope your foot is feeling all better.

Argh. I am so, so, so sad and disappointed, and frustrated and a little bit pissed off right now. Paul called me and said he just realized (JUST REALIZED??) that he may not be able to come see me this week, or this weekend because he has to move out of his apartment by the end of July. SURELY he knew about the end of July approaching before TODAY. After building me up and making intentional comments about the possibility of us seeing one another *before* this weekend, and now telling me it won''t be this weekend, either?

I''m so hurt, and he doesn''t seem to understand why. I''m trying so hard to not be upset, but I can''t lie and say I''m not. I just don''t feel like he''s as interested in being engaged now as he was before he had the ring. He says that''s ridiculous *it''s one of his favorite words.* He''s like, "it''ll happen, and it''ll be great, baby." And that''s supposed to make the build up he puts on things just fade away while I sit and smile and keep on happily awaiting it.

Maybe I should have that mindset. It''s a stretch right now, though.

And here I was thinking I was handling this all so well, without any freak outs or anything. Well, at least I made it a few weeks, right? That''s progress. I suppose.
20.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
He called and apologized for being "extremely optimistic with regard to time constraints" in his life. He says to just hang on and that he''s sorry he''s absent minded and men do that sometimes. Brain farts happen. I know he loves me. He says that things might work out still, but he wanted me "prepared just in case" because I tend to be "a tad emotional at times, particularly right now."

Aye, I know in the big scheme of things, it''s not a HUGE deal, but it sure feels like one sometimes.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think sleep did me well and today I''m feeling more relaxed and low-key again. Every time I get to thinking about how well I''m doing with this, I stress out again. So much for getting prideful, huh?

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 11:02:37 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Well, there is something called a ''Marilyn Bridge'' that the dentist said would be ideal for me, since I have such small teeth and an implant would be too hard to put into such a small place, let alone so expensive for a tooth not used for biting, etc. This method would be PAINLESS (
9.gif
) and would not require my existing teeth to be ground down or crowned! Yay! All they do is put in this tooth that has *wings* that attach to the back of the existing teeth. Yipppeee! He said given that I''ve had my retainer for years without anything breaking on it, I should be okay with this as long as I keep being as careful. I''m excited.

Now I just have to wait and see how much insurance will pay on it. Getting two new teeth God didn''t give me will cost a ton of money. Hopefully, though, I won''t be wearing a retainer the day I marry my Paul!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
oooo - I have a tooth missing too!! (due to dentist error) kind of half way back on one side. You don''t notice it unless I am doing a huge full body laugh with my mouth WAY open(which doesn''t happen that often) so I have been putting off getting it fixed. The bridge always seemed so weird -- to ruin 2 perfectly good teeth with grinding just to have something for the missing tooth to be connected to?

I have an appt with a new dentist next month - I''ll have to ask him about it!!! You''ll have to let me know if your insurance will cover it!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher -- glad you''re feeling better. You are definitely on the anticipation roller coaster -- and you''re handling it! The nice part is that it will happen soon, and you will enter into the Halls of Supersonic Engagement Chaos...which is honestly the nicest chaos there is.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Cailet, please do let me know what your dentist says. I've been doing some research online, and some dentists seem to think they're not all that safe, as in they break easily. I think my dentist brought it up since it is a good way to fix the issue, and I've not broken my retainer in the process of wearing it day and night for 7 years. Hmm. I'll let you know what ends up happening with insurance.

Jas, funny you posted that today. Paul was just telling me today that "life happens" no matter how we plan for things to go, things come up, and marriage will be the same way. I know that, and I really do feel like for me, anyway, I'm dealing pretty well with things. Hopefully the moving is going SMOOTHLY and QUICKLY (!!!!) today and we'll be able to do something together this weekend. I volunteered to go down and help him pack the final things and clean up to the rigorous standards that apartment complexes have when they expect the place to be cleaner than when you moved in years ago, but he says he wants the next time we're together to be *special.* My solution, let's do something *special* then go to his place and clean up!
9.gif

We'll see.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My dad just called me and said Bubbles, my cat at home *I''ve had her since I was 9, so she''s 17 years old* and the kitten he rescued, Pablo, aren''t getting along. So, the solution? Next time he comes to North Carolina to my grandpa''s, he''ll bring Pablo to me and Paul! Paul will be excited out of his mind, but since he''s moving where there is a BIG dog, we''ll probably leave Pablo at my house with Flip and BooBop (my cat) until he''s a bit older.

I get to be a kitty''s mommy! Yay!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 10:53:22 PM
Good to see you around again, Blen. I hope your foot is feeling all better.

Argh. I am so, so, so sad and disappointed, and frustrated and a little bit pissed off right now. Paul called me and said he just realized (JUST REALIZED??) that he may not be able to come see me this week, or this weekend because he has to move out of his apartment by the end of July. SURELY he knew about the end of July approaching before TODAY. After building me up and making intentional comments about the possibility of us seeing one another *before* this weekend, and now telling me it won''t be this weekend, either?

I''m so hurt, and he doesn''t seem to understand why. I''m trying so hard to not be upset, but I can''t lie and say I''m not. I just don''t feel like he''s as interested in being engaged now as he was before he had the ring. He says that''s ridiculous *it''s one of his favorite words.* He''s like, ''it''ll happen, and it''ll be great, baby.'' And that''s supposed to make the build up he puts on things just fade away while I sit and smile and keep on happily awaiting it.

Maybe I should have that mindset. It''s a stretch right now, though.

And here I was thinking I was handling this all so well, without any freak outs or anything. Well, at least I made it a few weeks, right? That''s progress. I suppose.
20.gif
Okay am I the only one thinking ITS A PLOY ??????

Seriously every time Greg told me something before we were getting engaged and I thought maybe he had the ring, I was SURE it was all just a ploy. Kind of ilke when it''s around your birthday time and you start to get suspicious someone is planning a surprise birthday party?

I wouldn''t be SHOCKED if it was all a big ploy and here you are freaking out...MWAHAHAHAHAA. That''s what I think anyway!!!!

Eat some tater tots!
11.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 11:02:37 AM

Have any of you ever heard of a person having congenitally missing teeth? That means you''re just born without all of the *adult* teeth you''re supposed to have. A lot of times it happens with back teeth, or most commonly ''wisdom teeth.'' Well, I was born with congenitally missing laterals, which are the teeth that are on either side of your two front teeth, on top.
Fisher, I''m missing the same teeth (it runs in my family)! I had one of the baby teeth, so they thought that I also had the adult tooth for that one at least, but it turned out that I had neither of them. I had to have braces twice (yuck) because the first time they left a space for the non-existant tooth to come in. After they took the braces off I had a retainer with one fake tooth on it for a while until they realized it wasn''t coming in. I had to have the braces again to close the space. Even though I don''t have the spaces, it''s still really noticeable to me that it''s my canine teeth and not my laterals next to my front teeth. Everyone I tell says that they never would''ve know, but it still bothers me. You''re so lucky that you can have this done! I''ve thought about trying to have my canines fixed so that they look more like laterals, but it''s so expensive and I''m not exactly careful when it comes to stuff like that (I definitely broke that fake tooth off of my retainer a few times). Good luck with this!

I''m sorry that it seems like your engagement has been pushed back a bit. It''ll be here before you know it, though
1.gif
. Congratulations on your new kitty! I really want a cat, but we can''t get one until we move at the end of October (no pets allowed here
8.gif
)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 5:55:15 PM
Author: Mara

Okay am I the only one thinking ITS A PLOY ??????
Mara, I was actually thinking the same thing, but didn''t want to say anything in case I was wrong, but since you brought it up first it does seem like a convenient way to surprise fisher with something that she knew was coming...
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Well, I know he does have to move out by the end of July, so I''m not *sure* it''s a ploy. He and his brother are moving today, rented the Uhaul and everything, and I know that because he called me standing beside the loud thing that sure doesn''t run like his car does!

I''ve thought, *a little* about why he''d tink it''d take 6 days for him to move from his ONE bedroom apartment across town, even if the cleaning is supposed to be totally meticulous. I HOPE it''s a PLOY. I''d throw fits of happiness if it''s a ploy.

Maybe he''s said it just in case it *does* take that long, but is hoping it doesn''t. I know he does things a lot slower, and with more thought and "precision" maybe, than I do, but 6 days to move across town? He doesn''t have a lot of furniture, your typical bachelor''s apartment: some dishes (none match), a dining room table and chairs, a hutch, two large chairs in the living room, a computer desk, a small entertainment center, his bed, a desk for his school planning, one dresser. Clothes, a few hampers, boxes and boxes of JUNK he''s been collecting since BIRTH, a bookshelf in his room and an end table, and well, that''s it. I''m thinking it''s no more than say one and a half loads on the UHaul.

Mara, I will sing and leap with glee if he''s playing with me. I don''t think I''ve ever wanted him to screw with my head more than I do right now! I was just so *sure* it''d be this week, since we were so flipping close last weekend! Dang my tummy for not acting right!!
20.gif

I''m trying not to see it that way, so I won''t be as let down if this weekend passes again, without anything *sparkly* finding its way to my finger.

I didn''t have tater tots, but I have had slightly more than the 1/2 cup serving of Moose Tracks Ice Cream. It''s the 50% less fat version. Good stuff, it is, it is.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Mara, did you post your engagement story on here? If so, where can I find it? If not, care to share?
9.gif
I think I remember you saying you were a tad bit of a spaz over it like me, although I won''t call anyone as bad as I was a month or so ago. Even now I can see it in me, back then. Haha. As if I''ve just come SO far!

Anyway, what''s your story?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i know, fisher, i could have set you up for some disappointment, sowee, but that was SO the first thing i thought of when i read your post!!! anyway keeping my fingers crossed, maybe or maybe not, but at least you know it IS happening soon, tummy willing.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha. If my stomach messes this up again, I will be one irked person, with myself. When I went to work on Monday and told my friends I was too sick to go down, they were like, "girl, were you in the hospital?!! Shoulda gone, anyway!!"

I go back and forth between being okay with it happening now or a week or more from now and wanting it YESTERDAY. I think since I''ve been in this phase of waiting for a good bit longer than I thought I would, I''ve sort of gotten to where I *am* excited (in case that''s not been apparent), but I''ve also sort of tried to settle into realizing that life won''t just magically become worlds better, either. Kind of like some of the lala land of it is ebbing, which is probably good, since I''d hate to be letdown with the kicking in of reality and the fact that even though we''ll be engaged, I''ll still be living here for a time before we''ll be closer together. So maybe that''s what I needed to *learn* or examine before it happened. I don''t know. But if that''s what I was supposed to see, I''ve seen it and now I''m good to go.
9.gif

Anyway, I build things up all the time and look for *ploys* and try to read between the lines and into things, so don''t worry about setting me up. At least someone else (or two someones) think maybe there is still the chance, like I did when I tried to fall asleep last night and all I could think was that it couldn''t possibly take him a WEEK to move from an apartment to the other side of town. Maybe he''ll tell me tonight when we talk that he got EVERYTHING done! Wouldn''t that be grand?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
back when i got engaged, in the dark ages, hahaha...Pricescope did not have a LIW forum or anything like that! i don't even know if there was a brides forum when i got engaged...but by the time i got married it was here. anyway...so i was kind of mentally spastic...because that is how i am, very OCD...but because there was no forum on here for it, and i am really not the type to spill my private feelings to a bunch of strangers (i know that sounds funny considering my presence on here, but there are just some things i would not be interested in sharing and that mental madness aka process would have been one of those things)...i just kind of stewed internally AND i did have my good friend aljdewey from here so i spent a lot of time bending her online ear about when and where and why it was taking so long etc. i think it IS definitely just a characteristic of the whole waiting to get engaged thing...your mind is always going like a mile a minute thinking about the possibiilties. i was SURE he had the ring...SURE it was in the house, SURE he was going to do it any minute. one night we went to dinner and he said lets go to our first date restaurant (which we do sometimes so that in and of itself is not unusual)...so i was CONVINCED that was when it was going to happen. it didn't and i was sad, and then i was like, i have to stop doing this to myself!!! i told him too that i thought that would be it and he was like i dont even have the ring yet silly! DAMN!
5.gif
anyway he told me when he got the ring (in a joking way like 'where do you think *I* am going today' (the jewelers!)) and asked if i thought i could hold out a few more days. i was like NO WAY. so he made the plans and did it the night he got the ring, so it took some of the surprise out of it...because i was getting a leetle crazee at that point (it took over a month to have the ring made and it was over christmas time so i was a little bummed that it wasn't ready in time and then it was delayed 2 weeks which is why i thought he had it but he didn't, etc)...but in the end i was happy that it worked out the way it did and that i managed to somehow curb the craziness for the most part. the funny part is that he had almost no idea what was going on inside my head, i think i managed to hide it all pretty well, i didn't want to scare him!!!
31.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Heehee, Mara. I'm more than a touch surprised that Paul's not been scared. Bunches of times. Thinking back to May, I was a nut case about it. I was *so* frustrated and just a ball of nerves and I was trying so hard to *guide* him toward things, when I knew full well he knew how he wanted to do things.

Isn't it sad when rings get delayed in the making? I always thought that the day he got it, I'd get it, too. Um, so much for that. He did tell me, though, to be fair, that once he got it, he might want to hold onto it for a short bit, since that'd be his only time with it, and it is an important thing to *both* of us. I think that's cute, and he's told me before that he looks at it a lot and thinks about the reaction I'll have when I see it, and he wonders if 15 years from now we'll both be as in *awe* of it as we will be in the beginning, and things like that. So at least he knows the things to say to make me say "awe," even if he won't let me see it and be his fiancee yet.

Maybe this is all a big lesson of patience--I've always disliked those lessons.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yipppeee!

I got a package in the mail today.

Any guesses? :)

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooh, a package -- do tell!

When I read what''s going on with him moving, I have to amit my first thought was that he was trying to get your hopes down a bit so that it would be more of a surprise since you both know it''s coming so soon! Matt proposed to me not too long after telling me he was planning on waiting 2 more weeks to do it in hotsprings. I was both sad that I had to wait 2 more weeks (!) and happy at the same time that he really had a plan. But more sad that it didn''t happen last weekend. Anyway, as you know, it happened about 20 minutes after that conversation and he never intended to wait. He was just trying to surprise me and I didn''t think it was possible. I really hope Paul is doing something similar, but if he''s not, at least we all know it''s going to finally happen for you soon! As excited as we all know he has been about this, I am truly surprised that he hasn''t managed to make it happen yet!!!

ok, so back to your package.....
31.gif

jen

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Fisher, I want to know what your package is!

NOW!
29.gif

You can''t leave us in suspense like this!

IT JUST AINT NICE!

TELL!

NOW!
29.gif

Just teasing, tell us when you''re good and ready
19.gif

Aussiegirl : p

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the Brady Bunch CD. I was excited. It''s pretty good, but a lot of the songs are lame ones they recorded that weren''t on the show, but the ones that were on the show I LOVE!

I''m a cheese ball.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Jen, you seriously got my hopes up here... though a ring in the mail wouldn''t exactly be the most romantic thing in the world... unless Paul was the delivery man!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

okay, VERY happy you got your Brady Bunch CD... but don''t tease us like that! We''re all waiting right along with you!
19.gif

Hope you''re feeling better!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha. I''m sorry. I thought everyone knew my ring wouldn''t come in the mail. I got that Brady Bunch CD I was so excited about. It''s got the songs on it I was so excited about, but then it has some that are from albums they made, not related to the show. Maybe it''s because I don''t know the words and the silly moves they did to the music, but I don''t like those ones as much. There is a cute one of "Cindy" back when she had the lisp singing "Frosty the Snowman," though. Eh, out of 10 stars, I''ll give a 7 3/4.

I did talk to Paul last night, and he ended up not doing the UHaul thing because he''s been using his dad''s truck and he says they didn''t get it all done, but plan on finishing on Sunday. My reaction, of course, is to get excited, thinking that means he will work some more today on the small stuff, boxes, etc, and then he''ll have time to see me at least for a day before Sunday. He seems to think it''s going to take him the remaining three days to pack and clean. Time management and this boy don''t seem to go together well.

Anyway, a *ploy* I don''t think it is. He''s so genuine, I can almost always catch a hint of mischievousness when he''s diverting from the truth, and well, he''s just not this time. He didn''t plan well and it snuck up on him and his response is that I shouldn''t be sad or upset, but happy that I know I "get to" marry him, and soon. He''s still thinking October is a possibility, too. I told him okay, he can do all the planning and stuff then. He''s like, what do you plan? You ask the pastor to marry you, he says when, checks his schedule, you invite people, get something nice to wear, and there you go.

Heehee. Yeah, okay Paul. Like I said, he can plan.
20.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Well, I kind of knew it wouldn''t REALLY be in the mail... but hey, I''m waiting here with baited breath for you!!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THE BRADY BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS OF THIS GROOVY CD AS I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!
emhot.gif
emlove.gif

Riding down the highway in a --------Model----( don't know the words) WOO - YEAH - WOOOOO

It's a beautiful morning and it's gonna be a beautiful dayyyyya a a ay.

Another cheeseball here....
emembarrassed.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It''s a makeshift Model T-A, Lorelei. I *L*O*V*E* that song! It''s a great one. The CD is called "Best of the Brady Bunch: It''s a Sunshine Day" and is a combination of the songs they sang on the show, as well as the albums the actors created while on the show, or on the Brady Variety Hour TV show. My preference is for the ones I grew up listening to in reruns, and a few of the others are fairly horrid, but I think overall it was WELL worth my ten bucks!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher,
Sorry to hear about another possible delay. I wish men could see that all this anticipation and need for a huge surprise isn''t what some of us want. That frustrates me to no end! On other hand, Fisher, you are soooooo close! That is very exciting and I am sending positive, hurry-up vibes your way.
Btw, you seem to be handling all of this great. I''m sure it''s driving you crazy but you''re dealing w/it well. Not too much longer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results