shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, I''m new here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! Or Mount Airy. Paul just LOVES that small town!! Boyhood memories of reruns of the Andy Griffith show, I guess.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Fishie,

Goodness girl, you are SO darned close! Try to remember that even if it''s as late as the end of July... that''s less than a month! Try to focus on good stuff - go get a manicure (even if it''s not for the hand shots) to pamper yourself. I remember you said you like scrapbooking - are you a picture taker too? Try going on a photo shoot. Sounds silly, but even with a dinky, disposable camera, it calms me down at least, lets me just slow down and appreciate what is around me. You''re down in North Carolina (goodness, my memory is terrible), right? Pretty country down there - go for a walk... try a new restaurant (I absolutely LOVE Thai too -- it''s a bit of an adventure for me too... sushi is WAY down the road for me at this point).

I''m sure all of this sounds ridiculous, but my point is... you should keep LIVING your life up until the engagement, through the engagement, and after the engagement. Your happiness shouldn''t depend on Paul asking you... he LOVES you and is doing his best to make you happy and get you the ring of your dreams and make it a big, awesome surprise that you will remember and cherish for the rest of your life.

Don''t let your nerves or impatience ruin it! Chill out, try something new, focus on a new project, etc...

Paul, I''m sure, is worrying about this and is a bit stressed about the ring & proposal. Instead of focusing on the ring, focus on Paul & how happy he makes you...

Okay, enough typing! Hope your evening is going well... enjoy your 4th of July, wherever you end up!

Aussiegirl : p

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aussie, thanks for the ideas. Tomorrow Paul will most likely be still deciding on which car to get, and hopefully sealing the deal. So, I''m planning on a scrapbook party with a friend of mine, which really is fun and will be a great thing to do, and yeah, I''m looking forward to it.

I''m not upset with Paul, I just wish he didn''t think it absolutely has to be at Tybee Island. I''d love that, but more than that, I love HIM and I want to share this time with him as soon as we can.
9.gif

I had a dream that he asked me, and he wasn''t at the beach, which he knows is my most favorite place, and he was so sad about it. So, I''ll let him do it his way and just hope a beach in Cali catches his fancy and prompts him to ask there! I have always LOVED the area just north of Huntington Pier, where there are those awesome cliffs cut out of the rock. So, so pretty.

But alas, it''s his decision and I do find it sweet that he''s trying so hard to make it something special. That means so much and shows how much he cares and wants for me. I love my boy!!

Happy Friday!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hi fish, I miss you all so much! Part of me not being on has been my exhaustion from work and the most part was just a needed break for myself. I was a little frustrated with a couple of posts to my thread but I know people were just giving me the best that they could and it is SO appreciated. I almost teared up reading you girls were thinking of me over here too. But Im at work and we can''t have that. I actually just came by JUST now because I have been thinking about you the past two days wondering if you had a ring on that finger or not. But alas.....

I''m sure it will be soon and absolutely perfect for you two! Sounds like all is well and there is an exciting purchase of a car going on! Is it because his did something again? I didn''t read everything since I last posted so sorry if that was covered. I am so jealous of your vacation because I don''t get one this summer because of the intership. So I hope you have a fabulous time and come back with pictures to show us! And I hope you have internet so you can give us periodic updates and any important news if need be
6.gif
2.gif
Well I better get to work since lunch was over 15 minutes ago hehehe
12.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha Sparkles. That was a cute post. I''m so glad some of your bubbliness has found a way back into your spirit! Yay!!

We will be at my parents'' house, so I''ll have internet access. They have a borderline old computer, so it frustrates the crud out of me when I try to go online, but "if need be," I''ll be around, for sure. If need *not* be, I''ll probably be around, too. I''d miss you all and catching up on the stories, otherwise. Funny how quickly I got attached to everyone''s lives and all that.

Paul''s car. Yeah, it gave him issues again. He was on his way to come see me last weekend and the oil pump stopped working, which caused the engine to lock up. Once an engine locks, I guess you basically need another one. He is keeping it, though, and when he finds a good deal on another engine, he''ll drop another one in it, in order to save miles on his new car. Today he''s looking at cars, and I think he may buy today. Not positive, but the longer the day goes without hearing from him, the more I think he is in the signing process, cause we all know how long that can go on!!

I''m not sure when I''ll see him, maybe this weekend, maybe not til Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully by then. I think part of that hinges on when the ring people are able to send our ring to him. But that''s partly hopeful thinking, because I really have been shut out of knowing anything about what''s going on now. Dang it all.
31.gif
Really though, I''d like to know that it''ll be there and safe with him, before we leave for Cali.

Oh well, the boy''s got a mind, he''ll figure it all out. Probably better than I''ve been dreaming up.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha. Can I just tell you all how much I adore my Paul?

He's classic! No one else is him!! It's hilarious. He's hilarious.

So, all day he's been looking at cars, right? When you look at cars, you test drive, right? Usually you like two different makes/models, so you drive one of each, right?

Not my boy!

He's driven three of the *SAME* car today. At the SAME dealership. Now he's on his way to another dealership to drive more of the *SAME* car.

Why?

Because "I want the best one, Jen!"

How funny. To steal one of his terms, it's *endearing.*

Now do you believe me when I say he does everything, *e*v*e*r*y*t*h*i*n*g, slowly and carefully? He takes his time and evaluates the crud out of everything, and is fully at peace with his decision once he's made it. I've seen this in this experience as well as in his choosing which schools to work for, then the one he chose, in his choosing the diamond, the setting, the meals he makes for me as surprises that we don't end up eating until WAY late because he's so tedious in planning and thinking things through.

At least he's consistent!

I can be a tad irrational and quick to make choices, at times, so I suppose it's a good balance for both of us. I can kick him into gear and he can throw me into nuetral.

I just love how God matches hearts together!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I definitely saw that part of his personality when he was here and posting about the ring. I didn''t know about any of the budget/car issues and he was analyzing tiny, minute details and I kind of snapped at him and told him not to over think it and just do it
2.gif
! It was so cute how he wants every tiny thing to be perfect for you though. I hope it happens SOON!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay! My boy got his car! He went with the Chevy after all and he''s VERY happy with his purchase, which makes me happy for him. It''s black. He says he feels like he has a "cool" car that will still be able to accomodate babies some day. Hee hee.

I was all excited that he''d be coming to see me today, since he has his car now. Well, he said he can''t. I was confused and he said he had to wait until late Monday or early Tuesday. He didn''t spell it out for me, but I''m pretty confident he wants to wait because our ring is on the way to his house!

IF I''m right, that means it''s been set, it passed the test and looks fabulous, and it''s on the way to Paul!

How flipping exciting!!!

I have been cleaning like crazy since I got home from the scrapbooking fest, just to keep calm. Hee hee! I get to say I''m engaged soon. I think. I believe. I am so, so, so, so happy!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Woot! I''m crossing my fingers for you!
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! It will definitely be worth the wait to see him if that''s the case! Why else would he postpone seeing you????
31.gif
31.gif

It''s great that he got his car and you no longer have to worry about it breaking down on him any more. Have a better-than-ever 4th!!

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the happy thoughts, Sk8rJen and Galateia. I'm sending the same happiness to you.

I've decided instead of just cleaning, I'll reorganize and rearrange furniture as I go. That's made it a lot more fun. I need to get busting on it, though. How is it that my clothes get so disorganized and just thrown around in my room?
20.gif
I don't know. But I don't approve.

Tomorrow I'm going to my dear Grandpa's to mow the yard for my dad. Then maybe *if* the house is clean, I'll get that manicure I keep thinking about doing.

Right now, I'd say I'm doing good, but as the sun sets lower, my motivation slips with it. Ah well, it's been a good day housework-wise.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Treat yourself to that manicure, Fishie.
2.gif
If Paul really is waiting on a sparklie for you and wants to put that on your beautifully polished and manicured hand, you can run for your camera and post zillions of handshots for us!
3.gif
Have fun over the holiday weekend, sweetie!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I hope your holiday is wonderful, too, Equ. Is your house all set up yet? OOH! Didn''t you have an Ikea run? Fun times!! Or is that tomorrow? I get my weeks all twisted up sometimes.
9.gif

Oh, and I have to ask does your fiance still *re-engage* you every morning?
12.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
So, my boy''s coming tomorrow morning. Yay! And he''s staying here until we leave for our trip home on Friday, and when we get back on the 18th, he''s staying for another day or so! YAY!!!!

I guess since he''s confident that he''ll be able to leave tomorrow morning that *whatever he''s been waiting to take care of at his house* has been taken care of! Whoo Hoo!! He sounded so giddy and happy and just so adorable, trying not to sound like anything was out of the ordinary. Cracks me up, that boy.

He did mention again the other day how excited he is to take me to our special place when I''m in Georgia next. That won''t be until around the 22nd or 23rd of July.

I don''t know. I hope he brings it with him to Cali, though, just in case he finds a wonderful moment and regrets not having it with him.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My baby boy''s on his way to see me! Yay!!!
9.gif

I was talking to my friend last night about how many of us on here have been thinking about whether or not it will happen on the 4th with all the fireworks and stuff. Ever the cynic, she comes back with, "well there''s a way to celebrate Independece Day." I came back with telling her it was a celebration of freedom, and it''s a good thing we have the freedom to love and marry whoever we want to. I also told her it''s cute that someone (I''m really hoping more than ONE someone) will get a sparklie with all the fireworks and sparklers lighting up the sky. She insisted that the 4th is a silly day to get engaged. I guess she sees marriage as a loss of something fundamental in the celebration of today. Poor girl; she''s been shafted and still hasn''t grown past it. She has a wonderful man trying to help her through it, but she yeah, struggles with trusting him.

Anyway, I still hope somoene, or lots of someones, have wonderful stories to share *SOON!*

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My boy''s here! He has a shiny, shiny car, too. He loves it. He told me to stay out of it while he takes a nap from the long drive and the early time he woke up. He says I don''t need to go *snooping* like I like to do so much. Hmmm. I wonder what I''m not supposed to find!!
9.gif
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Snoop!!! ok, I''m just kidding, but that DOES sound awfully suspicious
31.gif
I''m waiting impatiently for your good-news thread, fisher! Be sure to have Paul post too when it happens --- we''ll all love hearing from him again
9.gif

jen
Happy 4th!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, that sounds awfully suspicious!
31.gif
At least, I sure hope so! I hope that you''re out enjoying the romantic fireworks right now.

By the way, I think that him test-driving a bunch of the same car is pretty funny. And I really can see him doing it, too.
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
No fireworks. We tried. Three different places, in three different cities. Rain. Massive thunderstorms, closed them out. Too bad. One little city tried anyway, and I think we saw like maybe five total, over the course of 15 minutes, the rest where duds, due to the weather.

As a result, I was pretty grumpy and cranky. Oh well. He said he thought I was just extra tired or something. Maybe I was; when we got home, I was out and fully asleep FAST!! Before he even got out of the shower, and I usually take a while to fall asleep.

Anyway, I have to go to work today and my boy''s gonna stay here and watch TV, do his laundry, and baby sit my Flip of a dog and my Boo of a cat.

Blenheim, I told him what you said about his driving *so* many of the same car, and he said, "What, don''t most people do that?" Congratulations from him, by the way.

I just a sad thought; I read a post from a girl who''s been banned, and no one responded. I did. Is that breaking a rule? Gosh, I''d HATE to be banned from here, too. Does that happen for doing that? I didn''t say anything other than I was sorry and I hoped she did well and all that stuff. It was a sad post; she seemed sad and down, and like lonely.

Okay, work for me, sports TV for my Paul.

**Sk8r, I think I''m looking for your post just as much as you are! Hee hee. Good luck, Jen!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 10:52:26 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
I hope your holiday is wonderful, too, Equ. Is your house all set up yet? OOH! Didn''t you have an Ikea run? Fun times!! Or is that tomorrow? I get my weeks all twisted up sometimes.
9.gif

Oh, and I have to ask does your fiance still *re-engage* you every morning?
12.gif
We had a good holiday here, Fishie. We visited with FI''s family at their lake cottage and saw my family for an afternoon, too. We had tons of fireworks last night going off all around us at a friend''s party, and a few nights ago the City of Royal Oak Fireworks Show was literally right next door to our new place, so we dragged our little bistro set chairs to the other side of our building and watched them. This was our fifth 4th of July holiday together, and it''s always a fun one to celebrate because it was during a 4th of July weekend that he first told me he loved me.
30.gif

I spent a few days nursing my gelding too - poor Chance is a grey horse and is thin skinned, and the local insects went to town on the old guy and made him swell up in unmentionable areas. By swell up, I mean cantaloupe-sized when nothing should be cantaloupe-sized.
23.gif
He was so miserable that he pawed the ground until one of his shoes came off. I had to hose him for up to 40 minutes at a time and then walk him to keep the swelling down, and then the skin was so irritated it was cracking and peeling like a sunburn! Owww! We got him some human Benedryl for the itching and he got a few extra large doses of that along with some horsie aspirin. I had to get some special ointment and coat everything a few times a day. I fed him lots of cookies and carrots and things too. My parents helped me with the treatments, and Chance is looking and feeling much better now!

I went down to IKEA two weeks ago with a few friends, and Blenheim and I were not able to coordinate a visit/meet up then. I want to go back and get a few things soon though, so I think we are going to set something up for in the next week or so. I loved that store! I couldn''t believe the amount of cool stuff I saw, and the things for kids rooms - WOW.

And yes, FI does still re-engage me every morning.
9.gif
He sometimes remembers to ask for the ring before I hand it to him, which is cute. He is still so excited about being a fiance'' and it''s been two months. I expect you and Paul will be the same way.
2.gif

I am excited to be able to get going on my wedding planning now that the move is finished for me.
9.gif
I have an appointment with a photographer today! The woman works with my mom and takes wedding pictures with her husband as a side business, and they have my date next summer open. Mom says she''s really funny and friendly, and I''ve seen some of her proofs and they were nice. Her price is incredible compared to what I have seen so far, and I am hoping that I like the things she shows me tonight enough to book her. I set up the appointment for later in the evening and Mom is coming with me. I am staying at home tonight and tomorrow morning I have to go look at and ride a new horse with my mom - she is experiencing empty stall syndrome and may be looking to buy a companion horse for Chance that could be trail ridden. We are also going to pick up my grandmothers and all four of us are going dress shopping tomorrow afternoon. I haven''t gone out to look at wedding dresses yet at all, so I am looking forward to trying on some of the beautiful gowns I have been seeing in magazines or online.
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Equ-- sounds like you''ve been keeping really busy! Sorry to hear about Chance, but I''m glad he''s feeling better. Dress-shopping sounds like a blast!

Fisher -- big bummer about the fireworks. I was really thinkin'' about you last night while I was watching our less-than-spectacular fireworks and wondering if it happened for you. (sigh) Like you, I think I am just as impatient about *you* getting your proposal as I am about mine!
9.gif

In happy news, though, one of my student''s bf''s told me about enagagement plans he has for her and I get to help him with the ring! She already knows what she wants but I told him to go try some on with her and find which ones look good on her, etc. I just LOVE having another diamond project
31.gif

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I think that''s so precious, Equ, that he still re-engages you every day. Aww! Me, I''d be happy with *one* engagement! hee hee....

He''s so tedious in the way he does so many things; right now he''s doing his bills, and it is just so funny how he has these methods. Meticulous. I love him!

Trying to decide what to make for dinner, and yeah, guess the combination we came up with? Chicken stir fry, we both love that stuff, and tater tots! Haha... I''ve been having cravings for them, and although it''s a silly combo, he put them in the oven between his car insurance bill and utility bills. He has a specific order he does them in, too. Cracks me up.

Okay, now he''s done with the bills, and he''s poking into the over to see if the tater tots are done. Um, they just went in maybe five or ten minutes ago. I guess he''s never made them before.
9.gif

Okay, dinner making calls.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG TATER TOTS. Love those things. Haven''t had them since childhood. Where do you even get them?!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara, I just love them, too! You can get them at the grocery store, in the frozen food section, with the french fries and all that. Then you just bake them. I know they''re not good for you, but just a couple that crunch really nicely are enough for me. Oooh, they were *so* good!

**My ring is in his trunk. He had a couple of my clothes in there from the last time I was there that I''d left behind, so I asked for them back and he had to ESCORT me to the trunk and get them for me, so I wouldn''t "plunder around where I shouldn''t be." If only I had a good ten minutes free and clear!! Hee hee... Really, I''m trying to be good, but I really, seriously DO NOT understand how those of you who had/have a box in clear sight keep your fingers off it. Ack! Really, though, I love knowing it''s near, and close, and soon, if I ever stop talking about it, I''ll be engaged to my precious boy!! Yay!!!**

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i will have to check them out...i wonder if maybe whole foods has a healthier frozen version, hehee. it seems like whenever i get frozen stuff from the grocery store it''s nowhere near as good as the stuff at whole foods. dunno why!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Yay! He has the ring!! You must be dying with excitement!!! I know I am!
25.gif

I''m so excited for you, I can''t wait to hear what Paul comes up with, and see your amazing ring!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 7:47:29 PM
Author: Mara
oh i will have to check them out...i wonder if maybe whole foods has a healthier frozen version, hehee. it seems like whenever i get frozen stuff from the grocery store it''s nowhere near as good as the stuff at whole foods. dunno why!
LOL not sure there is a healthy version of tater tots...they are just grease and fried...mmmmmm. I haven''t had them in a while either...used to eat that sort of thing as a kid and now I try to stay away from that with my kids LOL

Fish...can''t wait to hear about your engagement...thought it maybe this weekend
7.gif
Hurry up Paul we are all waiting to see what you chose and we know Jen can barely stand the waiting anymore LOL
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 1:11:01 AM
Author: Small

Date: 7/5/2006 7:47:29 PM
Author: Mara
LOL not sure there is a healthy version of tater tots...they are just grease and fried...mmmmmm. I haven''t had them in a while either...used to eat that sort of thing as a kid and now I try to stay away from that with my kids LOL

Fish...can''t wait to hear about your engagement...thought it maybe this weekend
7.gif
Hurry up Paul we are all waiting to see what you chose and we know Jen can barely stand the waiting anymore LOL
2.gif

thinking of you, fishie...

tater tots are probably better if they are crisped in the oven and not fried in oil, they are carbs but get really bad if you fry them...

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Fishie, we''re wonderin'' what''s up!! It''s so exciting that he finally has the ring, and I''m hoping and praying for you that you''re wearing it as I type this! Can''t wait to see your good-news thread, girl!!! Hurry
2.gif

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls!

We''re in Cali now, got in this morning. Mom picked us up at the airport, and kept naming off places we needed to go (the 99 cent store???, the grocery store, down the other side of town to see if a friend was home, etc), and that''s not like her. The 99 cent store?? Anyway, we found cute stationary and that was a sweet deal.

So, we get to my parents'' house and I have on my sunglasses and walk into a DARK house. Then I see this shadow: it''s my sister in law. She and my five neices and nephew had set up a surprise party for me and Paul. It was precious and they were all so excited and happy and I had missed them SO much! Turns out, they had to stall because they had to wait to hear from Mom at the airport to know if it was a surprise welcome back to Cali or a surprise you''re back in Cali and you''re engaged party.

It was the first one. I know he has the ring with him for our trip though, because he''s made me pinky swear not to look through his bag, and he''s also been VERY protective of his pocket, even though I go in it all the time to get my Tetris fix from his cell phone. I don''t know. He may be throwing me off because I think I would notice a box protruding when we hug and when he''s playing with the kids. I don''t know. Speculation. But I''m willing to bet on it.

Sorry Sk8rJen, no YAY WHOOO HOOO I''M MARRYING MY PAULY thread yet. I just saw we''ve slidden up to number 60 now. Wow, looks like there are a few new happily engaged people! Yay for you guys!

*And yay for those to come, too!*

As for us, we don''t have many *set* plans for our trip, and what is *set* wouldn''t be engagement moments (Price is Right, Magic Mountain, a trip to Del Taco and In&Out--He''s addicted to those places since we came at Christmas), and we have vague plans for a trip to Big Bear, a mountain resort type area he just loves, and the beach. For whatever reason, I''ve always had this ideal about beach proposals and the sand and the bare feet and all that, but where ever is good for me. I have a fabulous man, the engagement and marriage is what I want now, and not so much the fantasy of him doing it exactly where and how I''d like for him to.

I think it''s a matter of getting away from the kiddos *they spent the night tonight* and going off somewhere. Or, he might still have his plans for Tybee Island *dang it all for me planting that as the IDEAL in his head!!* Sometimes these things backfire. Hee hee. Or maybe it''s made him think the beach is the best bet. If so, I''m hoping for the beach this weekend!! Heehee.

Monday is Magic Mountain, with my sister-in-law and all the kiddos, so that''s not a likely day.

Ahh. You know I don''t know. I''m just talkin. He''s asleep. I slept on the plane for a bit; he tracked where we were in route with his atlas and peeking out for landmarks out the window. Funniest thing to watch. He''d say, "ooh, look. That''s so and so. Do you see it? See it''s here on the map, and you can see how that body of water matches it perfectly. Wow, Jen." He claims the geography guy in him can''t help but drag a map along with him on a plane. Anyway, since I slept, I''m a live wire now and he''s fully snoozed out.

I''ll let you all know if things change as far as our status goes on this trip. My baby neice *almost three years old* asked Paul if he was her uncle yet. He told her not yet, but soon. She said, "okay, but hurry. I want to love you, please." Hahaha. She''s a cutie.

GOOD weekend to all!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results