carat
color
clarity

#TBT Help finding a diamond/setting - budget ~5k

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smilligan|1384292786|3555410 said:
Alright, here is the final CAD. I love it. Any last minute suggestions before I submit the order?

image_815.jpg

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Intricate, but not busy -- best design yet! Can't wait to see the finished product! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good clarifications from GOG and WF. Thanks to both Bryan and Jon. I'll update my responses in the future.

I actually think BGD has a showroom now too, if I remember correctly.

I personally don't mind paying a bit more for all the service, return and upgrade policies, and information provided by our more '"full service" vendors, and also believe in rewarding good customer service with sales.

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1384968450|3559870 said:
smilligan|1384292786|3555410 said:
Alright, here is the final CAD. I love it. Any last minute suggestions before I submit the order?

image_815.jpg

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Intricate, but not busy -- best design yet! Can't wait to see the finished product! :appl:

Thanks. :D I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person.

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Well, I picked up the ring earlier today and it's just gorgeous. I love everything about it. :D I took a lot of pictures, but I only have an iPhone, so I apologize for the poor quality. I'll make a thread in SMTB later tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance. I'm also posting a link to a short video that shows it off a little better. ;-)

http://youtu.be/hINaSpRHIOY

Sorry the video quality is so poor. I did it with my iPhone. It plays in HD on my computer, but it uploaded in standard def. I don't use YouTube, so I'll try to play with it later.

img_3225.jpg

img_3220.jpg

img_3201.jpg

img_3186.jpg

img_3176.jpg

img_3102.jpg

img_3082_0.jpg

img_2927_0.jpg

img_2922.jpg

img_2920.jpg

jramy278

Shiny_Rock
It is beyond gorgeous, I don't have any better words! Great job, she's going to be floored. :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God I'm dying. So amazing!

Turn the macro on your phone, or take the pictures then crop them to get a little better pic. All my pics are done with my phone....
I think you are going to just blow her away.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

I'm so happy for you!!!! :appl: :appl:

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1386734445|3571743 said:

Turn the macro on your phone, or take the pictures then crop them to get a little better pic. All my pics are done with my phone....

What do you mean by turn the macro on? I don't have a macro lens attachment, if that's what you mean. I'm going to experiment with a loupe tomorrow. I turn the AE/AF off to keep the camera from auto focusing, but even with that, the focus distance and depth of field are giving me problems.

ETA: thank you for the replies. :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great job! It's beautiful!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smilligan|1386740554|3571794 said:

What do you mean by turn the macro on? I don't have a macro lens attachment, if that's what you mean. I'm going to experiment with a loupe tomorrow. I turn the AE/AF off to keep the camera from auto focusing, but even with that, the focus distance and depth of field are giving me problems.

no you dont need a lens. Im trying to remember if just the normal iphone has it (i have a samsung now) but in the settings of most photo apps you should be able to switch the focus from auto to macro... in doing so, lets you get a little closer and still get the ring in focus. But, also the resolution of iphone pics are usually high enough that after you take a pic, if you crop it a bit, itll still look good and more zoomed in.

i just cant wait to see a hand shot!!!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1386771172|3571904 said:
smilligan|1386740554|3571794 said:

no you dont need a lens. Im trying to remember if just the normal iphone has it (i have a samsung now) but in the settings of most photo apps you should be able to switch the focus from auto to macro... in doing so, lets you get a little closer and still get the ring in focus. But, also the resolution of iphone pics are usually high enough that after you take a pic, if you crop it a bit, itll still look good and more zoomed in.

i just cant wait to see a hand shot!!!

Afaik, there is no way to do that on an iPhone. The focus distance is approximately 4 inches by ourself. I can turn off autofocus, but the camera is only able to focus from 4 or more inches away. I took some using a loupe, which allowed me to move in to about 1-2 inches. Ill soft through/post them when I get a chance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results