shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a 1.5 ct round brilliant to upgrade my solitaire

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is what I would consider a crown jewel of a find in the 1.5-1.9 carat range that has a touch of warmth.
Measured 40.6/34.5/56.8 combo with a GCAL 8X report!!!
If this one is in your budget, then it would probably be one of the best choices, coming from Jon's highly vetted Private Reserve.

Edit...for some reason, the forum is taking away hyperlinking to DG's website, psadmin.
Try to copy and paste the URL in a new tab/window:
https://www.distinctivegem.com/collections
/the-private-reserve/products
/1-85ct-h-vs1-distinctive-hearts-arrows-cut-private-reserve-lab-grown-diamond

LGBR185HVS1ST11113RHINO_1400x.jpg

Last edited:

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't recommend this due to the leakage under the table. If you're looking to stick with G VVS2, I think this is a nicer stone.

If you're okay with VS1, this one is on sale:

And a few others:

Wow thanks Kim and Dejawiz. Price isn't too much of a concern, I've been looking at Rhinos private reserve a lot too I feel "safe" purchasing from there. Man every time I think I find something I don't even realize something like leakage. Glad I come here!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't recommend this due to the leakage under the table. If you're looking to stick with G VVS2, I think this is a nicer stone.

And a few others:

I don't like a stark white which is why I was looking at g's but my wedding eternity band is quite white. Will these look strange paired together? In your opinion.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I don't like a stark white which is why I was looking at g's but my wedding eternity band is quite white. Will these look strange paired together? In your opinion.

You should be fine with a diamond in the E-H range, as long as it isn't an HPHT with a boron blue/turquoise tint or a CVD with a darker brown tint...unless that is a look that you are after.
It really comes down to personal preference and tastes. There are quite a few PS members that have icy white side stones, pave, and/or halo with a distinctively warmer diamond (and vice versa = intentionally very warm accents with an icy white diamond).
Alas, I think most do try and find color tint continuity between the diamond and accents, however.

Last edited:

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
You should be fine with an diamond in the E-H range, as long as it isn't an HPHT with a boron blue/turquoise tint or a CVD with a darker brown tint. It really comes down to personal preference and tastes. There are quite a few PS members that have icy white side stones, pave, and/or halo with a distinctively warmer diamond (and vice versa = intentionally very warm accents with an icy white diamond).
Alas, I think most do try and find color tint continuity between the diamond and accents, however.

Thank you! Any other from rhino's private reserve you like? I was looking for ones with a higher crown like you had recommended previously.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Any other from rhino's private reserve you like? I was looking for ones with a higher crown like you had recommended previously.

Not that I see right now, without shooting the budget into the ionosphere. Inventory changes daily, and he can access multiple vendor sources to try and find a few choice selections that fit your criteria, if you want to reach out to him.

Here are some other GCAL 8X options that popped up in the PS search engine.

If you want to kiss the 2ct mark and have a diamond that meets GCAL 8X criteria at an unbelievable price point, then grab this one immediately!

It was previously purchased by another PS'er then returned, only because the determination was made that a bigger diameter/spread was desired. Runningmama gave it some positive remarks for optical performance, and I'm sure she would be delighted to answer any questions about it since she was personally able to lay eyes and hands on it.

Her thread with pictures of this beauty can be found here:

Last edited:

Friendly

Rough_Rock
Trade
Not that I see right now, without shooting the budget into the ionosphere. Inventory changes daily, and he can access multiple vendor sources to try and find a few choice selections that fit your criteria, if you want to reach out to him.

If you want to kiss the 2ct mark and have a diamond that meets GCAL 8X criteria at an unbelievable price point, then grab this one immediately!

It was previously purchased by another PS'er then returned, only because the determination was made that a bigger diameter/spread was desired. Runningmama gave it some positive remarks for optical performance, and I'm sure she would be delighted to answer any questions about it since she was personally able to lay eyes and hands on it.

..and this is why PriceScope is so valuble to comsumers. Where else will you find these this type of feedback from other people. Greatness.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
..and this is why PriceScope is so valuble to comsumers. Where else will you find these this type of feedback from other people. Greatness.

It really is. I mean these are expensive purchases, the information and honestly the friendless here is invaluable. I am a total newb and no one ever makes me feel like my questions are dumb.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock

Funny enough I actually saw her thread. I have an appointment at my jeweler friday. I feel like 2 ct will feel too big, but I think seeing it in person will help me determine that. Who knows, maybe it wont lol

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Funny enough I actually saw her thread. I have an appointment at my jeweler friday. I feel like 2 ct will feel too big, but I think seeing it in person will help me determine that. Who knows, maybe it wont lol

Quick way to get a very rough visual is to cut out a paper circle around 0.3-0.33 inch, which is roughly the same diameter of this 2.05ct.
Place it on your finger (or on top of your existing 1ct Amora gem) to see if that helps give you a basic idea of size and finger coverage.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Quick way to get a very rough visual is to cut out a paper circle around 0.3-0.33 inch, which is roughly the same diameter of this 2.05ct.
Place it on your finger (or on top of your existing 1ct Amora gem) to see if that helps gives you a basic idea of size and finger coverage.

Thats a really good idea too thank you!

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock

And a few others:

When you say light leakage under the table how do you tell that? I am learning to and find this all so amazing.

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock
Another one with similar proportions and verified optical performance.

We're starting to dip into the price territory of the beautiful 1.65 F VS1 in Rhino's Private Reserve inventory with the measured 40.9/34.5/56.7 combo and individually vetted with more pertinent info than one can shake a stick at in two lifetimes, so it becomes a matter of how much tint/warmth will feed the need.

For IGI or GCAL, I usually expect them to be off by 1-2 (possibly/rarely 3), color grades compared to GIA.
I really like the JA on this one!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say light leakage under the table how do you tell that? I am learning to and find this all so amazing.

Here's a good visual from Garry H (Cut Nut):

The-diamond-symmetry-also-impacts-an-Idealscope-image.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trying on various carat sizes in person is the best way, IMO! I would also recommend looking at different GIA or AGS graded colors to narrow down how white you want the stone to be.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Trying on various carat sizes in person is the best way, IMO! I would also recommend looking at different GIA or AGS graded colors to narrow down how white you want the stone to be.

That’s a great idea, Kim, I’ll do that too while I’m there. Especially next to my wedding band. Thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what I would consider a crown jewel of a find in the 1.5-1.9 carat range that has a touch of warmth.
Measured 40.6/34.5/56.8 combo with a GCAL 8X report!!!
If this one is in your budget, then it would probably be one of the best choices, coming from Jon's highly vetted Private Reserve.

Edit...for some reason, the forum is taking away hyperlinking to DG's website, psadmin.
Try to copy and paste the URL in a new tab/window:
https://www.distinctivegem.com/collections
/the-private-reserve/products
/1-85ct-h-vs1-distinctive-hearts-arrows-cut-private-reserve-lab-grown-diamond

LGBR185HVS1ST11113RHINO_1400x.jpg

dear god what a perfect stone.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That 2.05 was by far the most beautiful stone I've ever seen in person. I've owned 3 lab diamonds. If it was 0.6 carats bigger it would have been the find of all finds!

There you have it, JenniferMarie90!
...may want to consider snagging this beauty before someone else does. If you determine that it's too big, then you can send it back and get a 100% refund.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
There you have it, JenniferMarie90!
...may want to consider snagging this beauty before someone else does. If you determine that it's too big, then you can send it back and get a 100% refund.

Ok I went to play with stones today and it was very fun. If I wanted to use my jeweler, is there a database where I can search stones that he could pull/request?

here are two I saw today . Both GIA reports mention post growth treatment. Is that weird ? 2179CF03-967A-4C18-BCC4-2BE0A239DF77.jpg 463FA765-AC1A-47B8-AC12-68CD2461CB16.jpg
52A694AF-4E8E-4695-8419-0FA6AA935AD1.jpeg A9923684-76BD-4B10-925B-99B45BE04CBC.jpeg https://report-check-objects-us-wes...WCWFAPNGepqOp6XtEyaxr7x48=&Expires=1642197551

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun trip! Did it help you narrow down size or color?

I think a lot of stones on RareCarat, Yadav Jewelry, or The Art of Jewels can be accessed by more than one vendor.

CVD stones with post-growth treatment should be checked for striations and tint. They can be an indicator that the growth was done rapidly to churn out stones without much care.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
What a fun trip! Did it help you narrow down size or color?

I think a lot of stones on RareCarat, Yadav Jewelry, or The Art of Jewels can be accessed by more than one vendor.

CVD stones with post-growth treatment should be checked for striations and tint. They can be an indicator that the growth was done rapidly to churn out stones without much care.

Thank you! And yeah 1.5 felt smaller than I thought lol the 1.93 felt huge but…I liked Ir? Unfortunately lol

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 2.05 with better color, superior HPHT (in my opinion, since it mimics the way the earth does it), and proportions/angles is still showing available. :)

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
The 1.93 looks beautiful on you! Not too big at all!

Thank you so much that’s very kind! I went to try and find that stone from rhinos private collection you and dejawiz liked but idk if it looks like it’s been sold or not.
The 2.05 with better color, superior HPHT (in my opinion, since it mimics the way the earth does it), and proportions/angles is still showing available. :)

On rhinos site? Or the one runningmama had? How do you think 1.93 looks on the finger is it like in your face? I like bling but not BLING lol or maybe I do…

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much that’s very kind! I went to try and find that stone from rhinos private collection you and dejawiz liked but idk if it looks like it’s been sold or not.

On rhinos site? Or the one runningmama had? How do you think 1.93 looks on the finger is it like in your face? I like bling but not BLING lol or maybe I do…

The one runningmama had. I think the size will be very close to the 1.93 - which looks amazing, by the way! The coupon code should still be active, which will save you a bit off cost, to boot.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you think 1.93 looks on the finger is it like in your face? I like bling but not BLING lol or maybe I do…

You'll be surprised how quickly what looked huge before looks just normal in a week or even a few days! The 1.93 looks very well-proportioned on your hand (love your nails, btw!).

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
You'll be surprised how quickly what looked huge before looks just normal in a week or even a few days! The 1.93 looks very well proportioned on your hand (love your nails, btw!)

Thank you just did them last night and I actually love how they turned out too lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results