shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a 1.5 ct round brilliant to upgrade my solitaire

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Ok fam I think I have it narrowed down to three stones from Jonathan. Which gets your vote? I have a 1.63 because I’m still worried about a 1.8 for daily wear at the power plant I work at. This will pair with a fairly white earth diamond eternity band. All of them are in budget but most bang and fire for buck is always welcome. Thoughts?! It includes @DejaWiz suggestion. Thanks everyone!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok fam I think I have it narrowed down to three stones from Jonathan. Which gets your vote? I have a 1.63 because I’m still worried about a 1.8 for daily wear at the power plant I work at. This will pair with a fairly white earth diamond eternity band. All of them are in budget but most bang and fire for buck is always welcome. Thoughts?! It includes @DejaWiz suggestion. Thanks everyone!

I agree with MY LOVE, my pick is the third one! It's really beautiful and will pair well with your white eternity band.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I vote for 3 but will let an expert weigh in on the crown/pavilion proportions. I promise that you'll be glad you went bigger. The 1.63 will shrink quickly.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I vote for 3 but will let an expert weigh in on the crown/pavilion proportions. I promise that you'll be glad you went bigger. The 1.63 will shrink quickly.

I am leaning towards that one as well. are you sure?! I am rocking a 1ct now so I'm worried it feel like a headlight lol

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
1.83 E VS2!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I will just say that I went from a .5 ct to 1.3 ct and I could definitely have gone bigger! If you’ve tried on 2 ct and liked it, 1.8 will not look too big. What is your ring size?

My ring size is a 5 but my fingers are short. Not a lot of real estate lol.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
@JenniferMarie90

Is that runningmamas diamond?! She’s back?
I also wanted to get your opinion on something, do you think the value of MMD is going to “plummet to cubic zirconia prices” I read that on another thread here. While I don’t consider diamonds to be investments anyway I’m new to this technology. I have an amora gem that’s 4-5 years old now and the prices for those have remained the same even now as I check on their website.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also wanted to add that no one can predict with certainty what will happen to lab diamond prices in the future. But you're still saving a great deal of money over a natural diamond, and you'll get to enjoy it *now*, and that's worth something.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is that runningmamas diamond?! She’s back?
I also wanted to get your opinion on something, do you think the value of MMD is going to “plummet to cubic zirconia prices” I read that on another thread here. While I don’t consider diamonds to be investments anyway I’m new to this technology. I have an amora gem that’s 4-5 years old now and the prices for those have remained the same even now as I check on their website.

Yes, it is *the one*. :)
Either buy it (coupon code still active) or put it on hold/reserve, ASAP.

Don't worry about LGD prices "plummeting like a rock". Quality LGDs...diamonds cut from high quality rough) will likely always have a higher price than the bargain basement LGDs cut from low quality cheated growth process rough.
You're still saving a TON of money over an equivalent natural grown diamond, regardless of pricing.
There's no way to predict the market, especially with the turmoil from the pandemic going on all over the globe. Prices of natural and quality LGDs have risen pretty substantially in the past year, which makes this 2.05 the deal of all deals, in my opinion.
BTW: a 2.05 E VS2 natural with desirable proportions would run you around $27-31k, according to what I'm seeing on the PS diamond search engine. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just re-ran the search to limit to none-faint fluorescence, 2.02-2.08 carat E VS2, GIA 3X and AGS 000, so you can see just how amazing of a deal this GCAL 8X diamond really is:
This was all that came up in the list:

Screenshot_20220121-204706.png

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it is *the one*. :)
Either buy it (coupon code still active) or put it on hold/reserve, ASAP.

Don't worry about LGD prices "plummeting like a rock". Quality LGDs...diamonds cut from high quality rough) will likely always have a higher price than the bargain basement LGDs cut from low quality cheated growth process rough.
You're still saving a TON of money over an equivalent natural grown diamond, regardless of pricing.
There's no way to predict the market, especially with the turmoil from the pandemic going on all over the globe. Prices of natural and quality LGDs have risen pretty substantially in the past year, which makes this 2.05 the deal of all deals, in my opinion.
BTW: a 2.05 E VS2 natural with desirable proportions would run you around $27-31k, according to what I'm seeing on the PS diamond search engine. :)

I appreciate that input. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I could trust myself to wear something that cost that much. I have a mined diamond eternity band that I wear daily that I worry about sometimes.
Is it terrible that as nice as that stone is in sort of leaning towards the 1.83 from rhino? I have a setting I would like him to make so that’s part of the appeal…

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Also wanted to add that no one can predict with certainty what will happen to lab diamond prices in the future. But you're still saving a great deal of money over a natural diamond, and you'll get to enjoy it *now*, and that's worth something.

That’s true! I wish I had known about LGD When we got engaged back in 2016. I love my amora gem but after seeing LGD here and in person…I would’ve gone that route!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I appreciate that input. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I could trust myself to wear something that cost that much. I have a mined diamond eternity band that I wear daily that I worry about sometimes.
Is it terrible that as nice as that stone is in sort of leaning towards the 1.83 from rhino? I have a setting I would like him to make so that’s part of the appeal…

Provide the GCAL report number to Jon and ask him what his price to you would be, if he can get this diamond from the distributor.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
That’s true! I wish I had known about LGD When we got engaged back in 2016. I love my amora gem but after seeing LGD here and in person…I would’ve gone that route!

If you can get the 2.05 sourced through DG, I strongly recommend it if it's the same price as the 1.83. I used to wear a 1 carat and now I cannot imagine wearing under 2. You will very very quickly adjust. Scout's honor. Above that, it's a magnificent stone at a literal steal.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you can get the 2.05 sourced through DG, I strongly recommend it if it's the same price as the 1.83. I used to wear a 1 carat and now I cannot imagine wearing under 2. You will very very quickly adjust. Scout's honor. Above that, it's a magnificent stone at a literal steal.

Agreed!
I'm also inclined to say get the diamond and a basic setting from TAoJ yo utilize the current discount offer, then work with Jon/DG in the future for the dream-come-true setting to put it in.
JenniferMarie90, you gotta do what you feel is right for you.

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock
Heck no! I consulted with my husband and he understand the color and clarity but diamond proportions Ha! He wanted me to have a certain color and at least a VS2, but other than that….

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Heck no! I consulted with my husband and he understand the color and clarity but diamond proportions Ha! He wanted me to have a certain color and at least a VS2, but other than that….

Yeah I tried to explain the proportions today and he was like ??? And his eyes glazed over lol…

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock
That’s so funny and my husband very similar. He just wanted me to be happy. I would have been happy with a 1.3, he was the one the pressed the larger size. Which I’m glad I did listen. Some guys seem to be really into this, mine is not and I am totally okay with that! He bought my first ring with no input from me and I happily wore it for 12 years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results