shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a 1.5 ct round brilliant to upgrade my solitaire

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock
I am loving that 1.9 on your finger..Now you got me wonder how I am gonna like my 1.79 lol! I am still patiently waiting for it to arrive!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
I am loving that 1.9 on your finger..Now you got me wonder how I am gonna like my 1.79 lol! I am still patiently waiting for it to arrive!

I tried on a 1.75 and it looked pretty similar, I think you’ll be happy! Where did you order yours from?

MY LOVE

Rough_Rock
What size ring finger are you? I had to have my 7s resize to 5 after I lost weight..but then put on pounds during covid so I order at 6.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
What size ring finger are you? I had to have my 7s resize to 5 after I lost weight..but then put on pounds during covid so I order at 6.

Mine is a 5 I think. My fingers get a little puffy in summer here in Vegas it gets so darn hot

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
dear god what a perfect stone

Dumb Q but what makes you guys say that about that particular one? So I know what to look for or more examples to bring here? Unfortunately its sold and now I'm sort of kicking myself lol @DejaWiz

I tried to edit my post because it originally said 1.5-1.7 carats but I'm open to 2.00 now I think. Couldn't figure out how to edit though!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Dumb Q but what makes you guys say that about that particular one? So I know what to look for or more examples to bring here? Unfortunately its sold and now I'm sort of kicking myself lol @DejaWiz

I tried to edit my post because it originally said 1.5-1.7 carats but I'm open to 2.00 now I think. Couldn't figure out how to edit though!
The 1.85 from Distinctive Gem is still available , I was able to put it in my cart.

Of course, this is 2.05 ct is still available too >.>

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.85 from Distinctive Gem is still available , I was able to put it in my cart.

Of course, this is 2.05 ct is still available too >.>

Yep, I was just about to write that both stones are still available! They are both GCAL 8x stones, which is the best cut analysis that a lab can give. My preference between the two is the 2.05, since you'd get over 2cts and an E color for significantly less cost.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few other options.

Another one over 2ct:

And three others which are also GCAL 8x:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 2.05 E VS2 is still my frontrunner recommendation, because the price is a killer deal...and there's fellow PS testimony of how great it looks in real life. It's roughly the same price as some of the 1.8x carat diamonds, which makes it a prize.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.05 E VS2 is still my frontrunner recommendation, because the price is a killer deal...and there's fellow PS testimony of how great it looks in real life. It's roughly the same price as some of the 1.8x carat diamonds, which makes it a prize.

Agreed! I don't understand TAoJ's pricing on this compared to the other GCAL 8x stones, but it's a great deal!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Agreed! I don't understand TAoJ's pricing on this compared to the other GCAL 8x stones, but it's a great deal!
Do you guys have any preference on method for creating the diamond? That 1.85 from DG is CVD I thought I had read dejawiz mention he prefers the other method? Thanks for all the information I know I’m asking a lot of question!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you guys have any preference on method for creating the diamond? That 1.85 from DG is CVD I thought I had read dejawiz mention he prefers the other method? Thanks for all the information I know I’m asking a lot of question!

I do prefer HPHT since it is the original lab grown diamond growth method that simulates the conditions that the earth makes diamonds (as close to natural as humanly possible).

CVD is perfectly acceptable, as long as strict vetting by an experienced gemologist with LGD expertise assesses each one on an individual basis. There's no way I would be completely comfortable buying any CVD diamond that hasn't been given a green-light in such a manner.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
The primary reason CVD can be tricky is striation lines (growth lines) can cause issues with transparency/light performance - but all of DG's diamonds are screened to ensure that any stria present does not impact visual performance in any way.

I was cautioned against DG's stones when I was looking to purchase for my earrings - and indeed, you can usually see stria lines on the gigantic, massively magnified videos, but I'm so glad I didn't take that to heart - the diamonds in person are clear, crisp, and utterly gorgeous. <3

Summary: CVD is not an issue when buying from DG, as they vet all stones. :D

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few other options.

Another one over 2ct:

And three others which are also GCAL 8x:

Ooo I really like that last one!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
The primary reason CVD can be tricky is striation lines (growth lines) can cause issues with transparency/light performance - but all of DG's diamonds are screened to ensure that any stria present does not impact visual performance in any way.

I was cautioned against DG's stones when I was looking to purchase for my earrings - and indeed, you can usually see stria lines on the gigantic, massively magnified videos, but I'm so glad I didn't take that to heart - the diamonds in person are clear, crisp, and utterly gorgeous. <3

Summary: CVD is not an issue when buying from DG, as they vet all stones. :D

I’m surprised anyone cautioned you against his stones I see nothing but good things about him!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Those are great pictures - you are awesome for posting those, @Runningmama

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure the 2.05 is available anymore. Anyone get the link to work?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Darn it...someone just got a heck of a diamond at a heck of a price.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
My only complaint is that it's been two full weeks since they received it and I still don't have my refund! I called for the second time and accounting is looking into it.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone sourced a LGD through victor canera? I see they offer that service but I worry they don’t have the same experience with LGD like other companies

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone sourced a LGD through victor canera? I see they offer that service but I worry they don’t have the same experience with LGD like other companies

Hmm... I would be curious about this too. Given their reputation, I'd think VC would pick a spectacular diamond regardless of origin and would have the eye to screen out any major pitfalls from the LGD options (stria, blue nuance, etc.).

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... I would be curious about this too. Given their reputation, I'd think VC would pick a spectacular diamond regardless of origin and would have the eye to screen out any major pitfalls from the LGD options (stria, blue nuance, etc.).

I spoke with a rep and they will do all the sourcing but it requires a down payment which is fine I just know other people like Rhino for example, deal frequently with LGD. And I do understand there are some things to look for in LGD that aren’t issues with earth mined.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results