shape
carat
color
clarity

Height of New 5 Stone Bezel Ring

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Hand shots of the model

Across the top of the hand down toward fingernails (view I would see)
ModelFingersBentIMG_3417-800.jpg

Opposite direction. My knuckles are bent because that's the only way I could contort my hand to photograph this view myself.

ModelFingersBentIMG_3424-800.jpg

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Much much better! I am curious - where does it "hit" your other fingers along the sides?

Others might chime in with other feedback

With my fingers level and tightly together, the far side of the end bezels just touch (but not go in between) my fingers.

I've worn the model all weekend and have often forgotten that I even had it on. So at least the plastic model is very comfortable. Hopefully, the real ring will be as comfortable. Of course, platinum and diamonds and gold will weigh more than plastic.

IMO, it's still quite a low ring, but now, the design details at least show up.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks good to me, I’m no expert though. You are the one who has to wear it and love it every day!!

Well, the brown plastic is kind of ugly. LOL. But all the elements I wanted in this ring seem to be there and seem to flow together. I'm undecided about the engraved flowers because they really don't look like much on the dark brown plastic.

Everything kind of fades together in the model. But that would be the same with any dark brown model.

I sure hope this will be something that I'll "love" when it's a real ring that sparkles. The design feels comfortable.

If I'm not seeing a problem with the design, I really would appreciate someone alert me. It's taken 10 design changes to get to this point. I really want to get this design right before I move on to next selecting diamonds.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, the brown plastic is kind of ugly. LOL. But all the elements I wanted in this ring seem to be there and seem to flow together. I'm undecided about the engraved flowers because they really don't look like much on the dark brown plastic.

Everything kind of fades together in the model. But that would be the same with any dark brown model.

I sure hope this will be something that I'll "love" when it's a real ring that sparkles. The design feels comfortable.

If I'm not seeing a problem with the design, I really would appreciate someone alert me. It's taken 10 design changes to get to this point. I really want to get this design right before I move on to next selecting diamonds.

To my eyes - I think it will make a very pretty ring and comfort is key! Hopefully someone else chimes in if they see something!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
That sounds much more promising, glad things are starting to work out for you.

As an aside, the insistence of drawing up plans before discussing money is a common tactic (not just in jewellery design) and one I find very frustrating. It creates a subconscious sense of being beholden, and you're more likely to accept a higher quote than if they told you upfront. I respect people who can give a ballpark range when I ask. If they won't and want to draw up designs first, that's on them, but I won't feel obliged to them if the cost is too high.

Oddly, this is the first and only project (of any sort) that I've ever done without first getting a cost estimate before starting to work with someone. I'm usually pretty hard nosed about getting everything in writing before work starts. More so than my husband.

Because this ring is his anniversary gift to me, my husband was going to handle the business side of things. Like he does when we go out for a special occasion dinner. But now that we're getting close to the point where it's time to ask "how much" and then decide what to do after that.

Over the years I have purchased a lot of jewelry with my own money. As a result, I know both value and quality. However, I've never been involved with paying for any of the special occasion jewelry that my husband has given me over the years. Because his mother had connections in the Diamond District in New York, his family knew people that could be 100% be trusted. Those ties are now gone.

Diamonds still need to be selected for the ring. So I'm not positive where this project will end up.

Because the local jeweler, that I've used for the past 20 years, is retiring due to the COVID recession, I'm now hoping this jeweler (who has been working on my bezel ring design) will end up being someone "new" I can trust going forward. Guess we'll find out.

Although things didn't start out that way, a lot more is now riding on this ring than just a single ring. I sure hope this work out.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock

The only thing I might suggest (if I want to be really picky) is that the upper circles and the lower circles be the same width, but perhaps this would detract from the design???
I personally don’t think it is too low, for me it makes it a ring I wouldn’t have to worry about wearing daily and damaging it. This is me though, and this is your ring. I think it will be lovely :)
You are

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
To my eyes - I think it will make a very pretty ring and comfort is key! Hopefully someone else chimes in if they see something!

Thank you for your help. I agree comfort is #1. No matter how beautiful a ring might be, one won't wear it if it's not comfortable.

I really like pave bands, but I decided to stick to channel set for both comfort and everyday practicality. I really wanted diamonds in the shank. My E-ring doesn't have them. So I considered all options and came back to old school, classic channel set. I like milgrain on the channel rails, but decided against it because I didn't want to risk feeling the little bumps between my fingers. I'm very sensitive. Maybe too sensitive.

Therefore, having a design that will support five .4 diamonds (and NOT go between or rub my fingers) has been a big plus. Two carets across the top and .8 on the sides should give me plenty of sparkle. Bezel and channel set should give me everyday wearability.

Unlike some of the earlier CAD's, the ring design now seems to flow. I actually like the plastic model better than the CAD it was designed after. Creating a ring remotely hasn't been the easiest project. Things look so different in real life than they do on paper.

I also hope others will chime in about the design (pros, cons, etc) that they see in the model before I move forward with the jeweler.

At this point, changes can still be made.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
The only thing I might suggest (if I want to be really picky) is that the upper circles and the lower circles be the same width, but perhaps this would detract from the design???
I personally don’t think it is too low, for me it makes it a ring I wouldn’t have to worry about wearing daily and damaging it. This is me though, and this is your ring. I think it will be lovely :)
You are

Thank you for helping me think!!!

The ring design started out that way as my inspiration piece & stayed more that way (than now) back when the early design was very low set.

However, I wanted the filigree to stand out more. The tops circles have stayed the same as they were originally but the lower circles became less thick.

This ring will be 2 tone.

Liz20.jpg

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
That sounds much more promising, glad things are starting to work out for you.

As an aside, the insistence of drawing up plans before discussing money is a common tactic (not just in jewellery design) and one I find very frustrating. It creates a subconscious sense of being beholden, and you're more likely to accept a higher quote than if they told you upfront. I respect people who can give a ballpark range when I ask. If they won't and want to draw up designs first, that's on them, but I won't feel obliged to them if the cost is too high.

MillieLou, I forgot to thank you yesterday for all the good advice you've been giving me. And I do agree with your idea that there may now be some subconscious sense of being beholden for the work already done. Unless this local jeweler's price is way off, I'm not sure of how to deal with that. If her price is horribly out of line, I guess that I will have no choice but to start all over with someone else. Hopefully, things don't come to that. I am now in the position of really needing a new local jeweler who I can trust for my normal jewelry needs. That is also shading my current perspective. I'll know more now that the 5 stone ring design work is almost done & it's time to talk diamonds & actual cost.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
So close, but so far. We've hit a significant glitch. Not totally unexpected with the way things have been going.

Just when I was finally happy with the design... At this rate, maybe I'll have my "milestone" ring by our next anniversary... I'm pretty bummed. It's already 4 months past our anniversary.

Meanwhile, I'm reading old posts on Pricescope in an attempt to educate myself more to eventually be able to move forward with minimal new problems.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear this starbrite :( What was the glitch?

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
So close, but so far. We've hit a significant glitch. Not totally unexpected with the way things have been going.

Just when I was finally happy with the design... At this rate, maybe I'll have my "milestone" ring by our next anniversary... I'm pretty bummed. It's already 4 months past our anniversary.

Meanwhile, I'm reading old posts on Pricescope in an attempt to educate myself more to eventually be able to move forward with minimal new problems.

Oh dear, that is very unfortunate. You were so close too. Can the glitch be resolved so that you can move forward with this ring?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It looks so much more balanced!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@starbrite Someone over in the FFJ forum said that they paint their plastic models with nail polish to get rid of the plastic color.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear, that is very unfortunate. You were so close too. Can the glitch be resolved so that you can move forward with this ring?

I'll find out tomorrow when we talk to the jeweler.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear this starbrite :( What was the glitch?

Hopefully a misunderstanding. From the info my husband got in an email, things don't add up. Something doesn't seem right. I didn't get to see that email on my computer. So I only know what he's told me. I'll know more tomorrow when we talk to the jeweler in real time over the phone.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
@starbrite Someone over in the FFJ forum said that they paint their plastic models with nail polish to get rid of the plastic color.

If the nail polish doesn't stop the model from sliding on & off, that could work.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
One problem now solved. New ones now possible...

Since this is a gift from my husband (who prefers to work with a local jeweler), we are continuing on with the jeweler who created the design. She's now contacting her connections in Israel about the diamonds. I wanted ACA stones, but that isn't going to happen for this ring...

However, I will get a copy of the GIA certificates of her stones before I give the final approval for her stones to be mounted. I will be able to share those diamond statistics with PriceScopers for opinions.

Near Colorless F has been firmly agreed upon. That is unless the jeweler here can't source such stones from the diamond cutters in Israel. The cutters she works with have been closed recently due to COVID. So she doesn't yet know what the situation will be for her immediately getting the stones I need. Availability may be very limited. We'll know more next week. However, I'm willing to wait to get good stones.

Meanwhile, I wasn't thrilled when the jeweler told us that the stones' clarity (that she quoted as VS) would be a range from VS2 to SI; rather than all 5 being the specific VS1 that I had asked for. So I can see an "upcharge" coming if I still insist on having all VS1 stones. I had been guesstimating the price of 5 stones I need from what I've seen for the prices of .4 caret VVS2 and VS1, F- color, ACA online. IMO, her diamond prices seem somewhat on the high side. But we'll see when she actually comes up with some specific diamond choices. Right now, all is conjecture. Maybe all will be fine.

Although it took a while to get to this point, I do like the setting design. If the model is any indication of the real thing, it will be a pretty ring with all the features I wanted.

The only two things missing now are the actual diamonds and a floral pattern for hand etching the corners of the band. Although it won't really stand out a lot, I have decided to spend the extra $400 on the engraving. The engraved flowers will tie everything together & add a nice finishing touch.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
One problem now solved. New ones now possible...

Since this is a gift from my husband (who prefers to work with a local jeweler), we are continuing on with the jeweler who created the design. She's now contacting her connections in Israel about the diamonds. I wanted ACA stones, but that isn't going to happen for this ring...

However, I will get a copy of the GIA certificates of her stones before I give the final approval for her stones to be mounted. I will be able to share those diamond statistics with PriceScopers for opinions.

Near Colorless F has been firmly agreed upon. That is unless the jeweler here can't source such stones from the diamond cutters in Israel. The cutters she works with have been closed recently due to COVID. So she doesn't yet know what the situation will be for her immediately getting the stones I need. Availability may be very limited. We'll know more next week. However, I'm willing to wait to get good stones.

Meanwhile, I wasn't thrilled when the jeweler told us that the stones' clarity (that she quoted as VS) would be a range from VS2 to SI; rather than all 5 being the specific VS1 that I had asked for. So I can see an "upcharge" coming if I still insist on having all VS1 stones. I had been guesstimating the price of 5 stones I need from what I've seen for the prices of .4 caret VVS2 and VS1, F- color, ACA online. IMO, her diamond prices seem somewhat on the high side. But we'll see when she actually comes up with some specific diamond choices. Right now, all is conjecture. Maybe all will be fine.

Although it took a while to get to this point, I do like the setting design. If the model is any indication of the real thing, it will be a pretty ring with all the features I wanted.

The only two things missing now are the actual diamonds and a floral pattern for hand etching the corners of the band. Although it won't really stand out a lot, I have decided to spend the extra $400 on the engraving. The engraved flowers will tie everything together & add a nice finishing touch.

Would she let you procure stones from another vendor? If you are happy with the design, but not happy with the stones...having them shipped over shouldn't be a big deal?

If you want ACA stones by jove you should have them considering some of the anxiety this project has caused you, I hope you find a happy ending.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
IMO if you want ACA stones you should pursue this.

I understand the desire for it to be a gift from your husband. I am the same, and there is a tension between wanting things exactly how you like them (which is natural for PSers as it's our special interest) but also wanting it to be gift the other person has chosen. There does come a point at which it becomes a bit of a charade though and you may end up with the worst of both worlds - a ring that isn't really what you want, and a husband who feels like he has just been a puppet in the whole process.

One way to resolve this is by just choosing and obtaining exactly what you want from who you want, and then your husband pays for the finished product, receives it before you see it, and presents it to you in a way of his choosing - that imbues it with the feeling of a gift, carries the memories, while still ensuring you get what you want. That's what I'm doing with upcoming anniversary ring.

Just a thought, feel free to disregard :)

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Would she let you procure stones from another vendor? If you are happy with the design, but not happy with the stones...having them shipped over shouldn't be a big deal?

If you want ACA stones by jove you should have them considering some of the anxiety this project has caused you, I hope you find a happy ending.

I tried to broach the idea of my getting ACA diamonds shipped to her for this ring. However, the jeweler immediately said that since the name "diamonds" is in her company's name, she would be the one sourcing the diamonds for this ring.

Unfortunately, her stated price for "her" VS2 F diamonds is as high as a VVS1 ACA same size, better color diamonds (D) on White Flash's site. Sigh. I refused VS2 quality; so she'll be upgrading that to VS1. Color F; which is good. Not as good as D, but perfectly acceptable. No increase in price mentioned. But still not ACA above and still quite expensive. I don't know if GIA stones are more expensive than AGS or what that story is.

I have no problem with her supplying the diamonds if I can get the quality I want (including cut) at a fair price.

Yes, I'm now quite happy with the ring design. I also really don't want to have to start all over. But I am not happy about the idea of "settling" on the diamonds; especially when the diamond are pretty costly.

I settled with the diamonds in my 15th anniversary band ring & still feel dissatisfied every time I really look at the stones. Because that ring has meaning to me, I do wear it now & then. I'm one of those sentimental types who would never sell it. Still, I've never been happy with those diamonds. They were supposed to be VS1 G color, but instead ended up being IS1 M color... The cut is RB (no specifics) and the stones are rather dull. Long story about how that happened but it wasn't at all what we had asked or paid for.

Anyhow, I already sadly know how it feels to be dissatisfied with diamonds in what is supposed to be a special ring. I really would hate to be in this same position once again. End result. I'm now stressing over the diamonds for this new bezel ring. I know what I want, but I'm not sure if this jeweler can supply them or not. Hopefully, she can.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make it very clear to her that you want F-VS1, XXX Hearts and Arrows stones. You want to see all images (H&A, Idealscope, and ASET) plus the GIA cert for each stone. Do not sign off on the stones until you see each of these and they are to your satisfaction.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
IMO if you want ACA stones you should pursue this.

I understand the desire for it to be a gift from your husband. I am the same, and there is a tension between wanting things exactly how you like them (which is natural for PSers as it's our special interest) but also wanting it to be gift the other person has chosen. There does come a point at which it becomes a bit of a charade though and you may end up with the worst of both worlds - a ring that isn't really what you want, and a husband who feels like he has just been a puppet in the whole process.

One way to resolve this is by just choosing and obtaining exactly what you want from who you want, and then your husband pays for the finished product, receives it before you see it, and presents it to you in a way of his choosing - that imbues it with the feeling of a gift, carries the memories, while still ensuring you get what you want. That's what I'm doing with upcoming anniversary ring.

Just a thought, feel free to disregard :)

I really appreciate your advice. You are right about this ring becoming a major problem if I don't get stones (no matter who supplies them) that I like.

As I wrote earlier, I already have a diamond anniversary band with diamonds I don't like. I don't want another milestone ring like that. So - without causing friction with my husband - I'm going to try to do my best to avoid that from happening again. It seems like everything is a balancing act in working with the local jeweler; yet also getting stones I am happy to wear on an everyday basis for the rest of my life. My husband prefers to work with a local jeweler, but he also wants me to have a ring (and the diamonds) I'll be happy with.

Since we're soon headed to 5 months since our recent milestone anniversary, I doubt there now will be any special "ring gifting" ceremony. That ship has sailed. Despite lockdown from the pandemic, my husband did make our actual anniversary day as special as possible. So I at least have that to remember.

At this point, I'm now more eager to have this 5 stone ring finished and on my hand than he is. My husband has said that if having the ring done takes another 6 months, that's okay. Unfortunately, the longer this thing drags on, the more stressed I'm becoming. It has already been extremely stressful it to me for it to take over 7 months just to narrow down a ring design I really like. I sure hope that finding the right diamonds doesn't take as long or longer. Meanwhile, the local jeweler is probably hoping I'll immediately accept whatever diamonds she has to offer. Most of her clients do.

If I had to do over again, I'd select my stones before having someone design this 5 stone anniversary ring. However, with the design work now done (and something I really like), both my husband & I feel tied in to staying with the same local jeweler for the stones, too. Him maybe more than me. If we already had had the stones (as we have with all custom pieces in the past), we wouldn't be tied into the ring designer.

However, like me, my husband still does check to see what Whiteflash and other sites have available in the size & quality of stones I desire. As of yesterday, Whiteflash had two stones that might work. So I have no idea of what the final outcome of all this will be. The local jeweler has already said she doesn't want to work with someone else's stones. And my husband still seems to think she can get stones I'll like. Hopefully, he's right.

BTW, congratulations on your own upcoming milestone anniversary!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Make it very clear to her that you want F-VS1, XXX Hearts and Arrows stones. You want to see all images (H&A, Idealscope, and ASET) plus the GIA cert for each stone. Do not sign off on the stones until you see each of these and they are to your satisfaction.

I have repeatedly told her that I want Hearts and Arrows stones, but so far, she has ignored any acknowledgement of that request. Her main concern has been the table size I may be interested in. Since the setting is bezel with just the tops of the diamonds showing, I answered 56 to 57% because that falls in Ideal Diamond range, but I really don't know.

I've also repeatedly told her that I want between VVS D stones and VS1 F stones minimum. She has agreed to VS1 F stones. So far, she hasn't mentioned a surcharge over the already quoted, quite high price for the stones; which is the same as White Flash seems to be asking for Super Ideal VVS1 D stones. That was also her quote for VS2 stones. Her pricing bothers me. If she hadn't agreed to do better than VS2, I would have called the entire project off.

She just got a new shipment of diamonds in from Israel & says she found 6 stones for me to select from. However she has only given me GIA identification number for me to look things up on the Internet for myself. No photos. Nothing else.

So now what? No mention from her of H&A, Idealscope, or ASET. All that discussion has been glossed over. I've only gotten a list of GIA stone identification numbers. But I don't really understand how to interpret the information on the GIA site. Five of the stones are VS1 F Color and one is VVS D Color. The VS1 stones seem to have quite a few inclusions listed. The VVS stone doesn't.

Although I can read the numbers at the GIA site, I can't tell if the stat combinations for each stone is good or bad. Some of the statistics are in the Ideal Range found on the White Flash information page. Others stats aren't. None of the stones have all the statistics within the ideal range. All 6 stones are GIA triple E rated, but that doesn't automatically mean sparkle or the cut of stones I'm hoping for. It may; it may not. I'm kind of lost again.

She says all 6 stones are a good match to each other. As you know from doing a multi stone ring, getting stones that go together can make a significant difference in the final ring.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I have repeatedly told her that I want Hearts and Arrows stones, but so far, she has ignored any acknowledgement of that request. Her main concern has been the table size I may be interested in. Since the setting is bezel with just the tops of the diamonds showing, I answered 56 to 57% because that falls in Ideal Diamond range, but I really don't know.

I've also repeatedly told her that I want between VVS D stones and VS1 F stones minimum. She has agreed to VS1 F stones. So far, she hasn't mentioned a surcharge over the already quoted, quite high price for the stones; which is the same as White Flash seems to be asking for Super Ideal VVS1 D stones. That was also her quote for VS2 stones. Her pricing bothers me. If she hadn't agreed to do better than VS2, I would have called the entire project off.

She just got a new shipment of diamonds in from Israel & says she found 6 stones for me to select from. However she has only given me GIA identification number for me to look things up on the Internet for myself. No photos. Nothing else.

So now what? No mention from her of H&A, Idealscope, or ASET. All that discussion has been glossed over. I've only gotten a list of GIA stone identification numbers. But I don't really understand how to interpret the information on the GIA site. Five of the stones are VS1 F Color and one is VVS D Color. The VS1 stones seem to have quite a few inclusions listed. The VVS stone doesn't.

Although I can read the numbers at the GIA site, I can't tell if the stat combinations for each stone is good or bad. Some of the statistics are in the Ideal Range found on the White Flash information page. Others stats aren't. None of the stones have all the statistics within the ideal range. All 6 stones are GIA triple E rated, but that doesn't automatically mean sparkle or the cut of stones I'm hoping for. It may; it may not. I'm kind of lost again.

She says all 6 stones are a good match to each other. As you know from doing a multi stone ring, getting stones that go together can make a significant difference in the final ring.

Are you able to plug in the GIA numbers into the HCA Tool? https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Or share stats here?

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Are you able to plug in the GIA numbers into the HCA Tool? https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Or share stats here?

As soon as I can get the GIA stats copied for each stone, I'll post them.

Because only some of the stats for each stone fit the "super ideal' range - plua the jeweler won't provide any images of the stones - I don't really know what I'm looking at. I really, really need help.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
As soon as I can get the GIA stats copied for each stone, I'll post them.

Because only some of the stats for each stone fit the "super ideal' range - plua the jeweler won't provide any images of the stones - I don't really know what I'm looking at. I really, really need help.

Once you have the GIA #s you should be able to get it!

I am sorry that all of this has turned into such a stressful process.

At this point are you considering sourcing stones from elsewhere if she doesn’t deliver?

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I'll try to post the stats on the 6 GIA diamonds to this group tomorrow.

Yes, having this ring made has been much more stressful than I would have ever anticipated. Past custom work - with others - has always gone smoothly.

But I haven't had anything done in years. If I ever get this ring done, it may be my last. I don't think I can go through this kind of stress again with the 3 stone ring; which I still wanted. The three stone ring really was supposed to be my gift for this major anniversary. I changed to a 5 stone one because I felt it would be "easier" and could be done quickly.

I don't know what we'll do if this jeweler can't properly deliver the kind of stones I want. Since she designed the ring, we're kind of stuck with stones she can provide in order to get that setting. . She has more or less said that she must supply the stones. That's fine if she can provide stones I like.

If I can't get diamonds that make me happy, I may give up on the project all together. I went the custom route because this was supposed to be a very special ring for a special milestone. So I won't be substituting just a stock setting that doesn't speak to me. It's better to surrender than to layout $15,000 for something you're not completely happy with.

At the moment, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place. Not pun intended. If the 6 stones she selected don't meet what I want, I'm sure she can eventually get 6 more stones to look at. Maybe some of these stones are okay. Maybe not.

But either way, I need to know what I should be telling her about exactly the kind of stones I'm trying to get. Based on general stuff that I read on the Internet about ideal cut stones, I did my best to give her some guidelines about my desires. She never acknowledged that email to her or the next 3. She just sent me a list of stones that she recently got from Israel. Now, it's up to me to decide if these stones will fit my desires or not.

After I get some feedback from Pricescope about the specific stones she now has, I will call her and discuss the options she has currently provided. However, I need help in knowing what to say to her. I'm such a novice about cut, but I know that not all GIA Excellent cut stones are equal.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'll try to post the stats on the 6 GIA diamonds to this group tomorrow.

Yes, having this ring made has been much more stressful than I would have ever anticipated. Past custom work - with others - has always gone smoothly.

But I haven't had anything done in years. If I ever get this ring done, it may be my last. I don't think I can go through this kind of stress again with the 3 stone ring; which I still wanted. The three stone ring really was supposed to be my gift for this major anniversary. I changed to a 5 stone one because I felt it would be "easier" and could be done quickly.

I don't know what we'll do if this jeweler can't properly deliver the kind of stones I want. Since she designed the ring, we're kind of stuck with stones she can provide in order to get that setting. . She has more or less said that she must supply the stones. That's fine if she can provide stones I like.

If I can't get diamonds that make me happy, I may give up on the project all together. I went the custom route because this was supposed to be a very special ring for a special milestone. So I won't be substituting just a stock setting that doesn't speak to me. It's better to surrender than to layout $15,000 for something you're not completely happy with.

At the moment, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place. Not pun intended. If the 6 stones she selected don't meet what I want, I'm sure she can eventually get 6 more stones to look at. Maybe some of these stones are okay. Maybe not.

But either way, I need to know what I should be telling her about exactly the kind of stones I'm trying to get. Based on general stuff that I read on the Internet about ideal cut stones, I did my best to give her some guidelines about my desires. She never acknowledged that email to her or the next 3. She just sent me a list of stones that she recently got from Israel. Now, it's up to me to decide if these stones will fit my desires or not.

After I get some feedback from Pricescope about the specific stones she now has, I will call her and discuss the options she has currently provided. However, I need help in knowing what to say to her. I'm such a novice about cut, but I know that not all GIA Excellent cut stones are equal.

I am so sorry this has been so stressful. Truly, it sounds miserable. I have had stressful custom experiences but nothing even close to this drawn out or this difficult.

I do think this is quite out of the norm and I hope this bad experience doesn't put you off such a special project. Ideally, it all comes to a close soon and she selects the perfect diamonds. I'd be very clear that you will reject diamonds that don't meet your criteria so she doesn't waste more of your time. Her ignoring your emails, however, seems to be a pattern.

She sounds like a bad fit, and unfortunately I can't recommend anything other than going to a different vendor to actually get what you want if she can't deliver. Some vendors just have a way of going about things that doesn't meet the client needs, given their own way of going about things. This is what I would do, and that's all I can speak to.

It really should not be this hard, and I'm truly sorry it has been for you. I know it can spoil feelings about something otherwise special or exciting.

We will look out for the GIA certs / diamond details when you post them! For 15k...they outta be darn near perfect! Although in all fairness, I can't remember the size stones you are after...

Fingers crossed for you that this works itself out soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results