shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever lost a piece of jewelry and then found it?

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I once vacuumed up one of my diamond studs, but luckily my vacuum at the time needed a bag and I rarely remembered to change them!

Also, my fave necklace was missing for about two years. I thought that it vanished during a move! But it turned up at the bottom of an old handbag that I thought was empty!

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Reading all these stories gave me anxiety - I'm happy for the ones who eventually found their jewelry again.

I've moved quite a bit so I've had some scares - usually because I end up putting something where it doesn't normally sit, like a different jewelry box, or my watch box or in a drawer when I'm cleaning up in a hurry.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
I once vacuumed up one of my diamond studs, but luckily my vacuum at the time needed a bag and I rarely remembered to change them!

Also, my fave necklace was missing for about two years. I thought that it vanished during a move! But it turned up at the bottom of an old handbag that I thought was empty!

I check old purses constantly for this very reason!

Once when we moved, we lost my husband's diamond Mont Blanc pen and by "we" I mean "I". I swear I checked all my purses multiple times but then 6 months into the new house I check one of my purse's for the 7th time and discovered it in one of the zippers. Sometimes I think things hang out in another dimension for a period of time before showing back up where you left them. :rolleyes: I know I checked that purse several times because it's the one I had when we signed the closing documents.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I check old purses constantly for this very reason!

Once when we moved, we lost my husband's diamond Mont Blanc pen and by "we" I mean "I". I swear I checked all my purses multiple times but then 6 months into the new house I check one of my purse's for the 7th time and discovered it in one of the zippers. Sometimes I think things hang out in another dimension for a period of time before showing back up where you left them. :rolleyes: I know I checked that purse several times because it's the one I had when we signed the closing documents.

Lucky, this has happened to me so many times, too! It's so crazy! Glad I am not alone. For this reason, I have looked in the same places a bazillion times, emptying everything out hoping for success =)2

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Lucky, this has happened to me so many times, too! It's so crazy! Glad I am not alone. For this reason, I have looked in the same places a bazillion times, emptying everything out hoping for success =)2

I'm sure you even systematically check every pocket multiple times when you search each bag/area and still miss things because I know I do.

I make my husband look too because he always seems to "see" it when I must have overlooked it a bunch of times.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it and it wasn't where it should be. I searched up and down - multiple times. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Well, tonight I was going through a box of old photos and guess what I found! I must've taken it off and it fell into the box. OMG. I am so relieved. So don't give up @siamese3!!

Here's a quick pic I took before putting it back in the jewelry box.
PXL_20201211_033741412.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it. I searched up and down. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Well, tonight I was going through a box of old photos and guess what I found! I must've taken it off and it fell into the box. OMG. I am so relieved. So don't give up @siamese3!!

phew !!!!
so happy its turned up

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it and it wasn't where it should be. I searched up and down - multiple times. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing this.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately not! I have lost a 1 ct. heart pendant inclusive necklace and soon after one of my diamond studs, 0.7 ct. I was devastated, and I have never found them. I’m still thinking, what to do with the other 0.7 ct. stud.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately not! I have lost a 1 ct. heart pendant inclusive necklace and soon after one of my diamond studs, 0.7 ct. I was devastated, and I have never found them. I’m still thinking, what to do with the other 0.7 ct. stud.

I'm so sorry dkata.. that really stinks!!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I found an earring outside hanging on a bush 6 months after I lost it. The sun was hitting it the right way as I was walking for it to catch my eye. I knew I lost it at home but had no clue where.

I found a magnetic clasp stuck to another necklace yesterday. I searched the area and my jewelry box several times a few months back when I lost it only to miss it every time!

Don’t give up hope! Sometimes things have a way of making themselves seen.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I found an earring outside hanging on a bush 6 months after I lost it. The sun was hitting it the right way as I was walking for it to catch my eye. I knew I lost it at home but had no clue where.

I found a magnetic clasp stuck to another necklace yesterday. I searched the area and my jewelry box several times a few months back when I lost it only to miss it every time!

Don’t give up hope! Sometimes things have a way of making themselves seen.
Thanks for posting this! Honestly, it gives me hope :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You could put the .7 stud into a replacement necklace. Guaranteed way for the other stud and necklace to show up!:lol-2:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could put the .7 stud into a replacement necklace. Guaranteed way for the other stud and necklace to show up!:lol-2:

Best idea ever!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I lost a small diamond huggie. I noticed it gone after church when I changed out of my clothes. Of course, it was dead of winter. I figured I’d lost it for good after searching. Next spring, I found it as I was walking up to our front door. It had apparently spent the winter on our walkway!

This happened with my sister's Rolex watch! She lost in the snow and found it months later!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I once lost a pair of little diamond huggies. I thought I lost them at the playground. I retraced my steps and even called the police station. I was so mad at myself. I replaced them and then last year, found them in a pair of sneakers in my closet!

Last week, I lost a pair of little diamond hearts earrings somewhere in my house. I hope that I find them before they accidentally get thrown out. The earrings aren't expensive but my dh bought them for me after the birth of our older daughter :(

etudes

Rough_Rock
My dad once lost his wedding ring and found it inside the wardrobe several years later. I lost 2 rings, one when I was shopping and the other just before home renovation. At this point, I am pretty sure I’ll never find them again.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
No! Lost my wee diamond studs 20 years ago. I'm thinking they got sucked up in the vacuum? Small and twinkly they were but it taught me a lesson and I'm more careful now.

I feel for people that have lost valuable stuff. Insurance!! I have 1 good ring and watch and JM has me covered (I hope).

My DH just found his wedding band. He lost it months ago. Turns out it was in the closet of my daughter's room. I didn't find it until I took out her old Pack N Play to gift to a friend. Still don't know if the band had fallen off of my DH's finger because it was so loose, or if my kid put it there. Hmmm.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last week, I lost a pair of little diamond hearts earrings somewhere in my house. I hope that I find them before they accidentally get thrown out. The earrings aren't expensive but my dh bought them for me after the birth of our older daughter :(

If it were one earring I'd say it was lost, but a pair? Misplaced. Check all your pockets. Robes, too. And laundry baskets. Sock drawer, and socks.
Where might you be when you conceivably take them off for safe keeping? The bathroom, maybe, when you are about to shower? Look near there.

If it were one earring I'd say it was lost, but a pair? Misplaced. Check all your pockets. Robes, too. And laundry baskets. Sock drawer, and socks.
Where might you be when you conceivably take them off for safe keeping? The bathroom, maybe, when you are about to shower? Look near there.

Very true! I once found a pair of earrings in my shoes. I think I was crashing at a friend's house and wanted to make sure I didn't leave her place without them. Cue to the two of us tearing up her house to look for them before finally giving up. Of course, once I started to get ready to leave and stuck my feet in my sneakers -- voila! There they were. Too bad I lost one of those earrings later. We've moved since then so I think that one is truly gone :(

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Thanks @pearlsngems . Unfortunately, I have looked everywhere I can think of. I look them off before I showered and put them in my pocket. I recall taking them out of my pocket and from that point it’s fuzzy :(

The only upside is that I am more motivated to declutter so I can find them!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
My toddler daughter was particularly distracted one night when I was putting her to bed and would not stop playing with my diamond pendant. I took it off and put it on her bookshelf. The next morning my husband found it and tucked it into his sweatshirt pocket. Then when I asked about it he couldn't find it. Searched her whole room, his whole office. Made him recount their entire time together including EXACTLY what book they read. Went through ALL her books that morning including the book in question (Dragons Love Tacos). Looked through again but couldn't find Dragons Love Tacos to look through it again. Found Dragons Love Tacos and it was caught in the pages.

lookingforsparkle

Shiny_Rock
A few months ago, I was in an absolute panic because I couldn't find my sapphire necklace. I had worn that necklace on a trip to the grocery a few days before. I'm really, really careful with my jewelry and everything goes back exactly where it belongs when removed. But the necklace wasn't where it should have been. I searched everywhere, had my husband search everywhere, and had just about given up that I would find it. Then, I decided to take every single necklace, one by one, off of the necklace tree. There it was! Somehow I had placed it on the same hook as another necklace and it was hanging behind - unseen.

Several years ago, my husband was vacuuming in our bedroom and heard a little clink sound. He stopped the vacuum and started looking around to find just one of my diamond earrings on the dresser. We emptied the vacuum bag and found the other earring. The setting was crushed but I didn't care. After a reset, they were as good as new. And that is when I started the rule of placing jewelry exactly where it belongs after removal - no exceptions.

My toddler daughter was particularly distracted one night when I was putting her to bed and would not stop playing with my diamond pendant. I took it off and put it on her bookshelf. The next morning my husband found it and tucked it into his sweatshirt pocket. Then when I asked about it he couldn't find it. Searched her whole room, his whole office. Made him recount their entire time together including EXACTLY what book they read. Went through ALL her books that morning including the book in question (Dragons Love Tacos). Looked through again but couldn't find Dragons Love Tacos to look through it again. Found Dragons Love Tacos and it was caught in the pages.

I think this is my favorite story on this thread. I can just imagine it happening at our house. Everything from the significant other thinking they're "helping" by moving our stuff, to the toddler who has no clue that their new toy is actually very valuable and important to mommy!

Last edited:
My DH just found his wedding band. He lost it months ago. Turns out it was in the closet of my daughter's room. I didn't find it until I took out her old Pack N Play to gift to a friend. Still don't know if the band had fallen off of my DH's finger because it was so loose, or if my kid put it there. Hmmm.

Omg, I just remembered I have another story about my DH's wedding band!!

This was years ago. He had lost his ring (again!). We tore the house apart and could not find it. Finally, I happened to move a tissue box that was in our room and heard something thunking around in there. Guess what I found?? Yuuup. Turns out he had reached over in the dark one night to put his ring on his nightstand and didn't realize he had dropped it into the tissue box instead.

Good thing I had moved the whole box instead of taking out just a single tissue. Otherwise we might not have found it til it ran out of tissues. Or worse, it could have gotten thrown out somehow!

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
I have two lost pieces that were memorable finds and actually the only two that I’ve found over the years.
The first: I was helping my daughter until the wee hours in the morning to make the final touches on her science project (I mean the whole science project) and took off my wedding rings and my right hand ring and placed them on the coffee table. The ring I lost was designed by Dennis L. (Lampert) a jeweler in Chicago that has since passed. It‘s platinum and kind of looks like the Tiffany Bubbles ring but has alternating bezel set round and emerald cut diamonds. A ring that I probably would never have the opportunity to buy except for some lucky circumstances and being in the right place at the right time. When I got ready for work the next morning I only found my wedding rings. I did a quick toss of the living room but figured it couldn’t have gone very far and would look for it when I got home. Over the next days, weeks, months I pretty much tore apart the house, all the drains, went through all the garbage, cried, sobbed and then gave up. Two years later, after deciding to throw out our (bane of our existence) maybe 2 1/2 year old Maytag Neptune front loader washer (I think it ended up having a class action suit) my husband found my ring under the washer. I was so happy! I’m actually happy the washer ended up being a huge piece of garbage otherwise who knows how long my ring could have been under there. I guess somehow my ring ended up with the dirty clothes and rolled under the washer. (Check under your washers, just in case)

The other find was my husband’s brand new Kinetic Seiko. It wasn’t the most expensive watch but back then we budgeted every dollar so it stung when it went missing. Of course, the whole thing was missing the watch, inside the wooden box inside the cardboard box, it just disappeared. We looked everywhere for it and then just figured maybe it somehow got thrown out with the garbage. Fast forward 5 years and we were just starting a major addition to our house with a family room, master bedroom and bathroom. The original house was only a two bedrooms and we have two kids so we really needed the space. When the builders were digging for the footers for the slab they came across a treasure chest, my daughter’s treasure chest, and inside the treasure chest was my husband‘s lost watch in surprisingly pristine condition. When we asked our daughter (same daughter as above) about it she said ”Oh yeah, I remember burying that treasure chest.” We asked her why she didn’t tell us when we were tearing the house apart and she said that at first she didn’t want to get in trouble and that she was going to dig it up later but that she must have forgotten about it. FORGOT! Lol

I have two lost pieces that were memorable finds and actually the only two that I’ve found over the years.
The first: I was helping my daughter until the wee hours in the morning to make the final touches on her science project (I mean the whole science project) and took off my wedding rings and my right hand ring and placed them on the coffee table. The ring I lost was designed by Dennis L. (Lampert) a jeweler in Chicago that has since passed. It‘s platinum and kind of looks like the Tiffany Bubbles ring but has alternating bezel set round and emerald cut diamonds. A ring that I probably would never have the opportunity to buy except for some lucky circumstances and being in the right place at the right time. When I got ready for work the next morning I only found my wedding rings. I did a quick toss of the living room but figured it couldn’t have gone very far and would look for it when I got home. Over the next days, weeks, months I pretty much tore apart the house, all the drains, went through all the garbage, cried, sobbed and then gave up. Two years later, after deciding to throw out our (bane of our existence) maybe 2 1/2 year old Maytag Neptune front loader washer (I think it ended up having a class action suit) my husband found my ring under the washer. I was so happy! I’m actually happy the washer ended up being a huge piece of garbage otherwise who knows how long my ring could have been under there. I guess somehow my ring ended up with the dirty clothes and rolled under the washer. (Check under your washers, just in case)

The other find was my husband’s brand new Kinetic Seiko. It wasn’t the most expensive watch but back then we budgeted every dollar so it stung when it went missing. Of course, the whole thing was missing the watch, inside the wooden box inside the cardboard box, it just disappeared. We looked everywhere for it and then just figured maybe it somehow got thrown out with the garbage. Fast forward 5 years and we were just starting a major addition to our house with a family room, master bedroom and bathroom. The original house was only a two bedrooms and we have two kids so we really needed the space. When the builders were digging for the footers for the slab they came across a treasure chest, my daughter’s treasure chest, and inside the treasure chest was my husband‘s lost watch in surprisingly pristine condition. When we asked our daughter (same daughter as above) about it she said ”Oh yeah, I remember burying that treasure chest.” We asked her why she didn’t tell us when we were tearing the house apart and she said that at first she didn’t want to get in trouble and that she was going to dig it up later but that she must have forgotten about it. FORGOT! Lol

OMG what a rollercoaster of a read! I kept checking back to the top of your post like wait, she said she found them though, right?!?! Glad they both have happy endings.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

The buried treasure chest was the clincher for me! Your daughter would make a great pirate.

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
OMG what a rollercoaster of a read! I kept checking back to the top of your post like wait, she said she found them though, right?!?! Glad they both have happy endings.

It was! Lol. I cried so much after I lost the ring I had to ice my face so I could open my eyes again. Really sounds silly now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results