shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever lost a piece of jewelry and then found it?

It was! Lol. I cried so much after I lost the ring I had to ice my face so I could open my eyes again. Really sounds silly now!

Not silly at all! I think I'd cry myself to sleep for weeks at least if I lost my wedding set, even though it's "just stuff."

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my wedding ring years ago...and I still can’t find it. I “put it somewhere safe” until we had it’s annual inspection. Then I forgot about it all together (I know how crazy that sounds). I tore apart my house and car but never did find it. I hope it’s happy, wherever it is. :wall:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a ring I couldn’t find for a long time, three row band of old cuts. I also couldn’t find the ring box it was in and I was bummed about both equally. See, the ring box was from G. Fox, a company in the city I was born in, they have been out of business a long time.

Anyways the ring and box were totally gone, looked everywhere, drawers and closets and under and around everything. Then one day I looked out the window and there was the ring box on our deck! It had been through all kinds of weather but it was still intact and there in the box was the ring!

I had been taking pictures to post to PS and must have gotten distracted and forgot to bring the box back in.

There was a ring I couldn’t find for a long time, three row band of old cuts. I also couldn’t find the ring box it was in and I was bummed about both equally. See, the ring box was from G. Fox, a company in the city I was born in, they have been out of business a long time.

Anyways the ring and box were totally gone, looked everywhere, drawers and closets and under and around everything. Then one day I looked out the window and there was the ring box on our deck! It had been through all kinds of weather but it was still intact and there in the box was the ring!

I had been taking pictures to post to PS and must have gotten distracted and forgot to bring the box back in.

Lol I never thought I'd feel sympathy for a ring box. Poor thing was just sitting out there, all alone!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I have lost earrings. Three different pairs of the exact same style of earring I have lost one of. The first time was when I was a teen, lost one of my gold ball studs in my bf car, he found it but tossed it out. I bought another pair, years later, just plain gold ball stud earrings, lost one in the shower, it went down the drain. Replaced them again and the same thing happened, down the drain. I gave up. None of the studs remaining matched, but I have two holes in one of my ears and I wear the odd stud there. Not going to replace them again.

I lost my gold signet ring in the porch when I was a child, never found it. I misplaced my favorite earrings once for a few weeks, found them in a trinket box on the kitchen window sill...

Misplaced my wedding ring, panicked big time, tore the house apart. It was in my robe pocket hanging on the bathroom door.

I hope all the lost jewelery finds its' way home...

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is my favorite story on this thread. I can just imagine it happening at our house. Everything from the significant other thinking they're "helping" by moving our stuff, to the toddler who has no clue that their new toy is actually very valuable and important to mommy!

Haha. Yes, I wanted to yell at him for putting it in his sweatshirt pocket (they are wide open so easy to lose things from). But a) I did the first wrong by leaving it in there and b) he was completely well intentioned.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
After over a year, I finally found my diamond heart earrings! Embarrassingly, they were in a closet basket that I thought had searched carefully.

I’m so happy. They weren’t expensive but my husband bought them for me after our 1st daughter was born. I spent the last year trying to buy replacement earrings-I’m so glad that I never found any!

5A6215C8-E5BC-46DB-94CA-B21C55452759.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
After over a year, I finally found my diamond heart earrings! Embarrassingly, they were in a closet basket that I thought had searched carefully.

I’m so happy. They weren’t expensive but my husband bought them for me after our 1st daughter was born. I spent the last year trying to buy replacement earrings-I’m so glad that I never found any!

I’m so happy you found them! They’re so pretty!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy you found them! They’re so pretty!

Thank you @MamaBee ! I realize from my prior post that it’s been over 18 mos. I’m really so happy to have found them:)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MamaBee ! I realize from my prior post that it’s been over 18 mos. I’m really so happy to have found them:)

I’m so happy for you..Maybe I can have hope that I’ll find my bracelet…:cry2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
One summer I lost a rhodolite garnet/sterling silver ring. It was inexpensive and had no sentimental meaning to me, but losing anything DRIVES ME INSANE. I even get irritated when other people loose things. So I searched everywhere at home, at work, my clothes, my purse, in the car, etc. A year goes by, and I pull out a pair of red pants to wear to work, put my hand in the pocket and lo and behold there it was (albeit horribly tarnished.)

I have a friend who lost her entire wedding set for about a 6 months, then found it inside a tea cup in the cabinet where, she then remembered, she had put them for safe keeping.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two favourite “lost and founds” and both were earrings.
1st story.
When I went on my first overseas trip an “overnight” hotel stay was included with my plane ticket. I flew Australia to Paris. As I packed myself up to move to my next proper hotel I realised a wee peridot earring was missing.
These earrings were a gift from my grandma who due to age and poor health had never travelled overseas so she gave them to me so a part of her could come along for the trip. My grandma was born in August and peridot her birthstone.
To say I was frantic searching for the earring is an understatement. I was in tears. I searched on hands and knees for an hour until the hotel manager explained I had to vacate the room for cleaning and the next client. He promised to contact me if it was found by the cleaning staff. I left my address, this is way before mobile phones.
So I catch a taxi to my next hotel, a few kilometres away, check in and then go for a wander. I’m sitting in a busy Cafe when a young woman enters, sees I have a free seat at my table, and asks, in French, if she can sit at my table. I apologise in English that I don’t speak French and she laughs and says “you’re an Aussie like me”.
So she sits down and orders a coffee and we chat for a few minutes til her jaw just drops and she stares at me.
OMG.
She had checked into the same room (same deal with her plane ticket) and had found my earring on the floor (after cleaning !!). She went downstairs to reception to hand it in but the receptionist was busy so she just put it in her pocket to later on hand it in to reception. She then went on a big walk ending up sitting across a Cafe 618251EF-66FB-4A83-9E5E-CBBF50AFD918.jpeg C0259A9C-9A4B-46A1-B757-83799DFE3C97.jpeg table from me.
She had noticed that I was wearing just one earring and that the one she had found was the matching earring.
I don’t know what the chances of that happening was but I was absolutely thrilled to receive back my lost earring. Only the earring, so that’s why I have a different back on one.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second story.
I have a pair of .75 carat (each) champagne diamond studs.
I don’t wear earrings to bed and while I usually put them into a jewellery dish if I’m in bed and realise “earrings still in”, I used to take them out and just put them on the beside table.
And of course I change earrings every day so it was a few days before I noticed that my diamond studs were not in my jewellery dish.
I found one on my bedside table but the other?
So I searched the bedroom. I stripped the bed, lifted the mattress, checked the pillows, moved the bed out from the wall. I pulled out the drawers from my bedside table and emptied them. I vacuumed the room three times with a stocking leg over the end (to stop it being dragged through the vacuum cleaner and possibly damaged).
No luck.
I then checked all my clothes, the wardrobe, the other chest of drawers. I spent hours and hours searching everywhere without luck. I was very upset.
A few days later, in sunshine, I’m taking the rubbish down the side of the house to where we keep the bins and I see my earring lying on the path.
Happy days, yay.
I pick up the earring BUT the diamond isn’t in it.
The setting is somewhat crushed and no diamond.
Elated and then desponded I look back up the path and there’s a little glint. Back up nearer the top of the path, tettering on the edge of the path is the diamond.
What has obviously happened is that I’ve knocked the earring to the floor in the bedroom and unbeknownst I’ve stepped on it while wearing my trainers. The earring has been caught up in the tread and I’ve “walked” it out of the bedroom. While walking down the hard surface of the path the earring has become crushed enough for the diamond to come out and roll to the very edge of the path and then a few metres later for the earring mount to then be dislodged from the shoe tread.
That very night we had torrential rain and if I hadn’t found the diamond that day it would have likely washed down into the gap never to be seen again.
I had the earring mount repaired, the diamond reset and I no longer leave earrings on my bedside table.
B63B37AD-D62B-495A-9100-227896B58194.jpeg DC778A42-4290-4981-B233-71C86921EF69.jpeg AAB1EDC4-E7B1-429C-AB5E-7C2448D6060E.jpeg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

So happy to see this and that you found them :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I have two favourite “lost and founds” and both were earrings.
1st story.
When I went on my first overseas trip an “overnight” hotel stay was included with my plane ticket. I flew Australia to Paris. As I packed myself up to move to my next proper hotel I realised a wee peridot earring was missing.
These earrings were a gift from my grandma who due to age and poor health had never travelled overseas so she gave them to me so a part of her could come along for the trip. My grandma was born in August and peridot her birthstone.
To say I was frantic searching for the earring is an understatement. I was in tears. I searched on hands and knees for an hour until the hotel manager explained I had to vacate the room for cleaning and the next client. He promised to contact me if it was found by the cleaning staff. I left my address, this is way before mobile phones.
So I catch a taxi to my next hotel, a few kilometres away, check in and then go for a wander. I’m sitting in a busy Cafe when a young woman enters, sees I have a free seat at my table, and asks, in French, if she can sit at my table. I apologise in English that I don’t speak French and she laughs and says “you’re an Aussie like me”.
So she sits down and orders a coffee and we chat for a few minutes til her jaw just drops and she stares at me.
OMG.
She had checked into the same room (same deal with her plane ticket) and had found my earring on the floor (after cleaning !!). She went downstairs to reception to hand it in but the receptionist was busy so she just put it in her pocket to later on hand it in to reception. She then went on a big walk ending up sitting across a Cafe 618251EF-66FB-4A83-9E5E-CBBF50AFD918.jpeg C0259A9C-9A4B-46A1-B757-83799DFE3C97.jpeg table from me.
She had noticed that I was wearing just one earring and that the one she had found was the matching earring.
I don’t know what the chances of that happening was but I was absolutely thrilled to receive back my lost earring. Only the earring, so that’s why I have a different back on one.

That is an amazing story!! So funny how things work out sometimes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results