Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever lost a piece of jewelry and then found it?

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I once vacuumed up one of my diamond studs, but luckily my vacuum at the time needed a bag and I rarely remembered to change them!

Also, my fave necklace was missing for about two years. I thought that it vanished during a move! But it turned up at the bottom of an old handbag that I thought was empty!

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Reading all these stories gave me anxiety - I'm happy for the ones who eventually found their jewelry again.

I've moved quite a bit so I've had some scares - usually because I end up putting something where it doesn't normally sit, like a different jewelry box, or my watch box or in a drawer when I'm cleaning up in a hurry.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
I once vacuumed up one of my diamond studs, but luckily my vacuum at the time needed a bag and I rarely remembered to change them!

Also, my fave necklace was missing for about two years. I thought that it vanished during a move! But it turned up at the bottom of an old handbag that I thought was empty!

I check old purses constantly for this very reason!

Once when we moved, we lost my husband's diamond Mont Blanc pen and by "we" I mean "I". I swear I checked all my purses multiple times but then 6 months into the new house I check one of my purse's for the 7th time and discovered it in one of the zippers. Sometimes I think things hang out in another dimension for a period of time before showing back up where you left them. :rolleyes: I know I checked that purse several times because it's the one I had when we signed the closing documents.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I check old purses constantly for this very reason!

Once when we moved, we lost my husband's diamond Mont Blanc pen and by "we" I mean "I". I swear I checked all my purses multiple times but then 6 months into the new house I check one of my purse's for the 7th time and discovered it in one of the zippers. Sometimes I think things hang out in another dimension for a period of time before showing back up where you left them. :rolleyes: I know I checked that purse several times because it's the one I had when we signed the closing documents.

Lucky, this has happened to me so many times, too! It's so crazy! Glad I am not alone. For this reason, I have looked in the same places a bazillion times, emptying everything out hoping for success =)2

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Lucky, this has happened to me so many times, too! It's so crazy! Glad I am not alone. For this reason, I have looked in the same places a bazillion times, emptying everything out hoping for success =)2

I'm sure you even systematically check every pocket multiple times when you search each bag/area and still miss things because I know I do.

I make my husband look too because he always seems to "see" it when I must have overlooked it a bunch of times.

lilmosun

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it and it wasn't where it should be. I searched up and down - multiple times. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Well, tonight I was going through a box of old photos and guess what I found! I must've taken it off and it fell into the box. OMG. I am so relieved. So don't give up @siamese3!!

Here's a quick pic I took before putting it back in the jewelry box.
PXL_20201211_033741412.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it. I searched up and down. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Well, tonight I was going through a box of old photos and guess what I found! I must've taken it off and it fell into the box. OMG. I am so relieved. So don't give up @siamese3!!

phew !!!!
so happy its turned up

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am doing a major happy dance tonight as I found one of my diamond bracelets! I noticed it was missing earlier this year (pre-pandemic) when I decided to wear it and it wasn't where it should be. I searched up and down - multiple times. I couldn't remember when I last wore it but couldn't imagine it falling off because it has a safety catch and chain. I tried to tell myself that it's not the end of the world and I do have other bracelets but this one had sentimental value as my husband gave it to me after my daughter was born over 30 years ago.

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing this.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately not! I have lost a 1 ct. heart pendant inclusive necklace and soon after one of my diamond studs, 0.7 ct. I was devastated, and I have never found them. I’m still thinking, what to do with the other 0.7 ct. stud.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately not! I have lost a 1 ct. heart pendant inclusive necklace and soon after one of my diamond studs, 0.7 ct. I was devastated, and I have never found them. I’m still thinking, what to do with the other 0.7 ct. stud.

I'm so sorry dkata.. that really stinks!!

Rhd3

Rough_Rock
I found an earring outside hanging on a bush 6 months after I lost it. The sun was hitting it the right way as I was walking for it to catch my eye. I knew I lost it at home but had no clue where.

I found a magnetic clasp stuck to another necklace yesterday. I searched the area and my jewelry box several times a few months back when I lost it only to miss it every time!

Don’t give up hope! Sometimes things have a way of making themselves seen.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I found an earring outside hanging on a bush 6 months after I lost it. The sun was hitting it the right way as I was walking for it to catch my eye. I knew I lost it at home but had no clue where.

I found a magnetic clasp stuck to another necklace yesterday. I searched the area and my jewelry box several times a few months back when I lost it only to miss it every time!

Don’t give up hope! Sometimes things have a way of making themselves seen.
Thanks for posting this! Honestly, it gives me hope :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You could put the .7 stud into a replacement necklace. Guaranteed way for the other stud and necklace to show up!:lol-2:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.