shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a black Hermes Medor with palladium hardware, its the studded watch with the face that opens. I''m thinking of getting a gold one too now that they make them with smaller studs. I also really like Jaeger LeCoultre -- but I just haven''t found my favorite yet. Tried on a Cartier Balloon bleu watch over the weekend and that was super cute.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
lol, I''m a shocker - the Bulova is barely in the mail and now I''ve put in an offer on a vintage Elgin - this one just stole my heart, I couldn''t stop looking at the pics!
The worst bit...I am supposed to be shopping for a watch for my partner!
40.gif
20.gif

If I win I will post the auction pics - wish me luck
5.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, a bonanza of beautiful pictures...thanks ladies.

Arjunajane, you gotta post pics when the Bulova and your latest arrive.

Winternight , Hermes,... mmmm, I so love Hermes... how wonderful, I''d love to see a picture of your watch

Ilovcarats- the Cartier Trinity is gorgeous... thanks for the picture.

keep em coming ladies.. this is ps, its all about the pictures.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Redfairythinker.

The stones are like a pinwheel of light- it''s beautiful.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful watches on this thread! I wear a Longines watch, which I just love! It`s very delicate, has a second hand, date and tiny princess diamonds to mark hours.

DSC02514res.JPG

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Took some pics of my two watches...

SS/WG Rolex Lady DateJust, 26mm:

labratrolex123.jpg

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Chanel J12 w/ diamond markers, 33mm:

labratj12.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Garden,

this is one of the listing shots for the Elgin deluxe vintage watch I just bought
36.gif

elgin ebay offer 1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t resist, especially since it came in the original box!

elgin ebay offer box.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
after first choosing two for myself lol i''v just committed to purchasing a mint original Bulova sea master for my partner-its gorgeous! I got lucky an found an awesome seller who has spent days educating me about all things vintage watches-he has been extremely generous with his time an expertise, which as we know isn''t always the case with ebay! Cant wait until my 3 new watches are here
5.gif

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
Dear Arunajane, I''m not sure if it is allowed to ask, but could you tell me the name of the ebay merchant who sold you your lovely watch. Thanks

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Labrat, you have great taste.
26.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane, wow -- SUCH an elegant vintage watch. Too lovely.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Labrat, those watches are gorgeous. They look great on your wrist.

I can think of one word for the Chanel - chic....... fabulously chic

Arjunajane- You hit it out of the park with that vintage Elgin. It is so elegant, and classic.

Not sure if we are allowed to name vendors, and another poster asked too, but if it''s ok, I''d love to know too- I am interested in getting a vintage for DH, and I have no idea where to begin.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
ilovecarats,

Kitty is very sweet, what a beauty.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Gleam - Thank you!
1.gif
I LOVE your Cartier Tank. It''s next on my wishlist!

Gardengloves - Thank you! The J12 is so sturdy - I am a total klutz and it gets banged around a lot but it still looks as new as the first day. I was so nervous when I got it because I thought it may look too big on my wrist, but now I love it and my poor Rolex looks too small! It is a surprisingly versatile watch.

Everyone has such beautiful watches!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Missoph and Garden, it is not against the rules to name sellers and I would be very happy to - he is a very kind and helpful guy with many wonderful watches at great prices.
He also has many more in his collection not listed, so if you are looking for something in particular I would message him and ask.

Actually, he has a very nice Bulova for auction at the moment that is more than a bit similar to my Elgin (item # 300389476143).

His seller name is: dan035red and the store name is LUXURY WATCHES FOR LESS.

If you don''t mind, tell him the girl who bought the Elgin deluxe sent you - I''m always happy to help out a good honest vendor.
1.gif

Thankyou again Garden for your compliment on the Elgin - I can''t wait to have it on my wrist.

This is one photo of the Bulova sea king I am getting for my fiance; just elegant and simple and apparently highly collectable
5.gif
:

sea king for PS.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 2:01:51 PM
Author: Gleam
arjunajane, wow -- SUCH an elegant vintage watch. Too lovely.

Thanks Gleam!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread!!! I am a watch addict, mostly vintage deco stuff. My husband does not even wear a watch and that is so sad because I see styles all the time that I think he should have! Or may by I just want to play with them! I am watching a vintage Brietling on ebay right now that he would never wear but I can''t help myself. I wear a cheapo sport Timex indiglo at work (I am RN on the night shift). THen I have multi vintage watches for everyday and occasions. I will try to post pics of my faves, it is my first time so, I hope this works.

Argunajane, I love the Elgin! Box and everything, The lugs for the band (I think that is what you would call them) are so nice and curvy, they are gorgeous!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite watch, Bulova, art deco era, white gold with silver face, blue steel hands, lots of engraving front and back and emeralds on the front and a cabochon (did I spell that right?) topped post, I can''t remember the jewels.

watches 001_opt2.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This watch is also art deco era, white gold with black enamel in a sort of cross hatch pattern all around the top, very hard to see in this poor pic but it has a very nice silver face with sort of a floral pattern in the center and vining around the face and of course blue steel hands and sapphire cabochon tipped post.

watches 004_opt.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is my most blingy watch for special occasions, a croton in white gold with about 1.7 in diamonds and a black cord band, this is my most valuable but not my favorite, I don''t like how high up the 2 main diamonds sit and have thought about having them set lower or? But it is my go to watch for weddings or date night. Very sparkly in candlelight.

watches 008_opt.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This was one of my first vintage watches I bought and one of the better makers of watches that I have, I do not wear it too often just because the face is soo tiny and I am getting old and don''t wear my glasses like I should! The watch is a Girard Perregaux in white gold with some faceting of the metal around the tiny face and then a leaf form flowing off each end into the band with single cut diamonds along the entire band in each small leaf. I do not remember the carat wt, but they are small. This watch also has a tiny oxidation area on the face that drives me nuts, my jeweler who is a watch purist was horrified when I asked him about having the face redone but it bothers me so much, I can''t tell you what time it is without my glasses but I sure can see that spot!!!

watches.009.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 5:43:14 AM
Author: lcom
This is my favorite watch, Bulova, art deco era, white gold with silver face, blue steel hands, lots of engraving front and back and emeralds on the front and a cabochon (did I spell that right?) topped post, I can't remember the jewels.

Hi lcom, I love this Bulova! I have been chasing the same model on ebay, but with sapphires -its great to actually see it on the wrist, it looks lovely.
The emerald cabochon crown is always such a nice touch..

Thankyou for the compliment on my elgin - you have a great collection :)

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Icom, that''s a beautiful collection.

Thanks so much sharing.

Luna01

Rough_Rock
Well, i like to wear fashion watches, i have three watches, so i can wear them on different occasions. Here is my favorite one. I love its copper color.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always wanted the Tag Heuer Link with the mother of pearl face... someday!

taglinkmop.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Arjunajane and gardengloves! I just told my husband I neeeed a Rolex! (it''s all labrat''s fault). He laughed! I think he thought I was joking!
emotion-5.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
LabRatPhd, we are almost watch twins!!
well....almost coz my rolex is stainless steel w/ diamond markers. would love to have the wg version though coz i have a skin allergy to s/s, so i cannot wear it everyday for too long. our J12''s are the same.
oh and our rings are almost the same, except mine is much much much smaller......

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 7:32:57 AM
Author: Kissmark
LabRatPhd, we are almost watch twins!!

well....almost coz my rolex is stainless steel w/ diamond markers. would love to have the wg version though coz i have a skin allergy to s/s, so i cannot wear it everyday for too long. our J12's are the same.

oh and our rings are almost the same, except mine is much much much smaller......

Kissmark, those are two stunning watches.

That Chanel J12 is very chic. I'm in love with it. It does look great on LabRatPhd's wrist.. Would love to see pictures of yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results