shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
PS''ers have such great taste. So what your dream watch?, what do you wear or would like for the future?. Please share fabulous watches.

I''ll start. Techno Marine.. its actually a dive watch.. water resistant...

technobunny2.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
followed by Cartier

bunnycartier2.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 11:58:26 PM
Author:gardengloves
PS''ers have such great taste. So what your dream watch?, what do you wear or would like for the future?. Please share fabulous watches.

this is my birthday gift from all the generous ladies here.
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/A-Lange-Sohne-Tourbograph-Pour-le-Merite-702.025-1242.html

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
My dream watch is a ladies JLC.
My favorite one is discontinued, but I doubt I will ever actually be shopping for one, anyway.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, my favorite was my JLC MUT. However, I have to say that having known many of the people involved in marketing "the brands" of the industry since the late ''90''s and seeing all of the shilling and "limited editions" and mind numbing consumerism and price inflation, the thrill is gone.

Also, I don''t happen to think that watches should be as big as pancakes. I like one that fits on my wrist. I''m funny that way.

But it''s an interesting question. I like JLC and VC ultra thins, the original MUT which is still in production, and a VC that, as far as I know, has been discontinued. Thanks for asking.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Day to day I wear a Tag Heuer Aquaracer. Just the basic stainless with a stainless face. Very utilitarian but nice looking as well. DH wears an Omega, one of the divers watches, not sure of the model. He also has a Tag and he has a gold Omega he wears for dress. I have a vintage platinum and diamond cocktail watch that I wear for dressy occasions.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 3:31:48 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

yetanotherdancyguy.gif

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/A-Lange-Sohne-Tourbograph-Pour-le-Merite-702.025-1242.html
HI:

Did you get one too, DF? I love mine.....
2.gif
9.gif

I have a Rolex Datejust I wear daily and my diamond Ebel gets worn now when I need some glitz. But it was a staple for 5 years before I got this new watch. Love both.

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My everyday watch (the one in my avatar) is a mid-size Rolex Datejust in stainless steel with a pink (more copper in real life) dial. It is simple, classy, and durable and I love it. I also have a gold Concord watch with a diamond bezel that I wear occasionally for a special evening out. A platinum Rolex with diamonds and the ice blue dial would be lovely, but I just wouldn't spend that kind of money on a watch when the steel looks so good.

Oh and Dancing Fire you are worth every penny!!!
9.gif

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
When I first set out to find a serious watch I ended up with a Longines 'Grande Classique', here it is. Then before long I discovered a liking for mechanical watches (not a happy development in the wallet department
3.gif
) and got this one. Then in the end I had to get a manual-winding mechanical, so got this. Needless to say my watch-collecting days are over...for the foreseeable future anyway
2.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Rolex 31mm Datejust jubilee bracelet 24/7 dream: Rolex Rendezvous in 18k yellow gold, w/o diamonds and it's not going to happen
emrosesad.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I wanna a Patek.

After that, Chopard.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 10:04:37 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 12/18/2009 3:31:48 AM

yetanotherdancyguy.gif

HI:

Did you get one too, DF? I love mine.....
2.gif
9.gif

I have a Rolex Datejust I wear daily and my diamond Ebel gets worn now when I need some glitz. But it was a staple for 5 years before I got this new watch. Love both.

cheers--Sharon
Sharon
let me borrow it when you get tire of wearing it.
28.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 10:36:10 PM
Author: sunseeker101
When I first set out to find a serious watch I ended up with a Longines ''Grande Classique'', here it is. Then before long I discovered a liking for mechanical watches (not a happy development in the wallet department
3.gif
) and got this one. Then in the end I had to get a manual-winding mechanical, so got this. Needless to say my watch-collecting days are over...for the foreseeable future anyway
2.gif
JLC watches
30.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 11:53:14 PM
Author: bebe
I wanna a Patek.

After that, Chopard.
after i get mine. i had a Patek 3919,but sold it a few ys ago.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 12:18:41 AM
JLC watches
30.gif
36.gif

Haha DF, your JLC recommendations set me on track to get the best in-house movement for the money, so thanks!
9.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
DF,
Which JLC is your favorite?
I think mine is the RDM.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 9:09:49 AM
Author: Pink Tower
DF,
Which JLC is your favorite?
I think mine is the RDM.
wish JLC made a 18K PG Master Perpetual on silver dial with a crystal back,but they never did.
7.gif

yea, RDM with pink gold & silver dial.
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 2:44:38 AM
Author: sunseeker101

Date: 12/19/2009 12:18:41 AM

JLC watches
30.gif
36.gif

Haha DF, your JLC recommendations set me on track to get the best in-house movement for the money, so thanks!
9.gif
YEP!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing ladies and gents. I'm enjoying your watch histories, wish lists and personal favorites.

My wish would be for the old classic, a Cartier tank on a very wonderful leather band, but I do love Chopard.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is a watch fanatic. He has LaCroix, Tag Hauer, Omega, Bell and Ross and something else. He is always drooling over Panerai but I''m not taking out a second mortgage for a watch.
9.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I wear a Longines Dolce Vita (in s/s with roman numerals on the dial)...in the future (not too fussed on getting it now) i would like a cartier tank in s/s
30.gif
which is essentially the same style as i have now! so my taste is consistent at least...and funnily enough i like rectangular (EC) diamonds as well!

Im not generally one for round watches/stones etc, but i do like the super thin omegas... would love to see some more pics of the beauties everyone is describing
21.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current watch is a Oris Artelier. Of all the watches I could have owned, this is the one I just gravitated to. For some it may be too plain but I didn''t want something with diamonds on it. Plus I like the facts its not a quartz watch. I had a yahtmaster that barely got worn.

My husband current watch is a JLC Master Compressor. He tends to upgrade very few years.

-A

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Another great watch that I would love is a Tag.

My New Year''s resolution is to get back into swimming. Used to swim everyday, and had a Tag with bezel, water resistant that was my constant companion in the pool. Also took it scuba diving and snorkeling. - that watch was amazing. After years of every day pool use and occasional sea water - with a fresh water rinse, never had any problems with it.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Former patek lover, who was ''converted'' thanks to the husband''s love affair for Lange & Sohne. I wear a Lange Grand Saxonia Automatik as my daily watch.

Would love a Lange Datograph, or a JLC Reverso Grande Date next.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 5:54:06 PM
Author: Alexiszoe
Former patek lover, who was ''converted'' thanks to the husband''s love affair for Lange & Sohne. I wear a Lange Grand Saxonia Automatik as my daily watch.

Would love a Lange Datograph, or a JLC Reverso Grande Date next.
he''s my kind of guy.
2.gif
any wrist shot of your Lange?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DF,

no wrist shots unfortunately since my camera is out on loan. I had the opportunity to see the Lange Tourbograph in NY a few months ago, and the movement is amazing. but the price is even more ''amazing!''
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 5:53:18 PM
DF,

no wrist shots unfortunately since my camera is out on loan. I had the opportunity to see the Lange Tourbograph in NY a few months ago, and the movement is amazing. but the price is even more ''amazing!''
31.gif
$650K ?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember the asking price was about $700k++. the RL pour le merite is another work of art. are you hiding any other langes in your closet?
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 7:59:03 PM
I remember the asking price was about $700k++. the RL pour le merite is another work of art. are you hiding any other langes in your closet?
31.gif
nope,just the Lange 1 on my avatar.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results