shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to

Gardengloves and Coatimundi, Your Cartiers are great, both are so classy looking!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Looking at all of your beautiful watches is making me want a new JLC Master Ultra Thin!

And at $4000 I'll never have one again.

Big cry! :cry:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

I'm gonna take a pic of husband's new Breitling soon!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

I bought mine new for $2100 from an authorized dealer. Those days are gone.

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock

I've been looking for an excuse to post my watches.

Here is my Longines. I love how dainty it is - about a cenimetre and a half wide.

And this is my Rado:

I would love to get a thin vintage longines :) and on the opposte site of the spectrum I have also been lustin after bigger bulkier watches like an Omega chronometer. And LabRatPhD, I LOVE your Chanel watch!

DSCN1837.JPG

DSCN0391.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Here's my baby.

http://www.prestigetime.com/items.php?search=&sortby=Price_LH&per_page=48&brand=34&series=191

With a retail price of $5,700 and the dress version in rose gold as it has been for the last 15 years.

This is a gray market dealer. You can negotiate with an AD and get the same price plus a nominal amount.

That would be double what I paid for mine nine years ago. I'd never pay this for a watch.

Nice, though. I hope the guy I sold it to wears it for the rest of his life.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

This watch is not mine but I wish it was desperately!!! I hear it calling my name but I need a new roof on my house not another old/new watch, the price is low now but there are 4+ days left and it will go much higher ;( ;( ;(

t&co%20and%20lecoultre.jpg

tpgp2.jpg

rsz_tpgp7.jpg

dmakeupd

Rough_Rock

Here is my Guess watch i got for my 25th birthday!
IMG_3370.jpg

shinychic

Rough_Rock

Artdecogirl, the Tiffany watch is gorgeous!!! Have you thought about auction houses for watches?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

I have shinychic, We have a auction house in another city close by that we go to and they do estates and whatever weekly but stuff seems to go a little high, I do love to go and see what things will go for though. By the way the tiffany ended at around $1700. Not too bad, I wish I could have bought it but I need a new roof more...

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

I've been watchless for years after I decided either automatic or nothing. No quartz. I am fascinated with the continuous movement of the seconds hand and seeing the back of the watch..the gears working, the jewels.

Here's my Omega Constellation Chronometer 18K YG & brushed stainless steel, Mono Rang bracelet, distinguished claws, mother of pearl dial, co-axial escapement, 8520 calibre, diamond hour markers. No diamond bezel for me...too much for my personality.

IMG_5259small.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a GORGEOUS Omega HHP!

I am now proud owner of this Ball Conductor Transcendent Pearl
file.jpg
file.jpg

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

I seem to like watches with rectangular faces the best. I really like the Tiffany grand and the Cartier tank americaine. I like them with both the metal or leather bands. I like smaller, classic watches as opposed to the big chunky ones.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

Oh, and this is the watch that I'm currently wearing. a01dcd244a49_01716c76-16dc-4795-9ddd-4cf6ed92f3f0.jpg

lil425

Shiny_Rock

I wear a 31mm Rolex ladies datejust with the new style diamond bezel (scattered diamonds) roman numerals, diamond on the iv in 18k and stainless. It has the oyster band and silver dial. Love it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

There are some truly gorgeous watches on this thread! This gives me an excuse to post my daily workhorse Rolex midsize Datejust in stainless steel with an oyster bracelet, domed bezel, and pink dial. It actually looks more coppery colored in real life. Of course it can also be seen in my avatar (at least for now)!

pinkRolexDJ.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial|1311376525|2974908 said:
There are some truly gorgeous watches on this thread! This gives me an excuse to post my daily workhorse Rolex midsize Datejust in stainless steel with an oyster bracelet, domed bezel, and pink dial. It actually looks more coppery colored in real life. Of course it can also be seen in my avatar (at least for now)!
i love the PINK dial... :love: i wanna change mine to a pink color.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1311378421|2974920 said:
Sundial|1311376525|2974908 said:
i love the PINK dial... :love: i wanna change mine to a pink color.

Thanks DF, with this one I can actually see the time even with my old eyes! My previous Rolex ended up with my daughter because I couldn't read the hands on the smaller Lady Datejust with a champagne dial. I think the pink dial looks amazing on the men's watches too especially in the rose gold.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

My next fun watch will be a Torgoen--black leather strap with HUGE numbers and S/S case. I've found one here on vacay and loved it!

cheers--Sharon

Sparklee

Rough_Rock

I'm turning 50 this year so my dearest husband bought me my dream watch which I wear daily with pride. I have wanted one of these since I was a teenager.......

Cartier Tank Francaise ~ Medium

Cartier Tank arm2.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

If I could afford Cartier (meaning I would not feel any guilt whatsoever in spending the bucks), I would wear Cartier.

Cartier Panther in Stainless and 18K with sapphire stem.jpg

Tank Francaise in Stainless and Gold.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Sparklee|1315188913|3009844 said:
I'm turning 50 this year so my dearest husband bought me my dream watch which I wear daily with pride. I have wanted one of these since I was a teenager.......

Now there's a keeper of a hubby.
:appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

The dog's a keeper too!!

What would I wear if I could? This.

Adler gold & diamond watch.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Imdanny|1292824691|2801515 said:

I posted this on 19 Dec 2010. Today the retail price is listed at $6,950.

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Jaeger-LeCoultre/Master-Ultra-Thin/145.84.04.html

So the price rose $1,250 in in 9 months.

Yikes! :o

You all have such nice watches! I like all watches from the lowest to highest price points (well, almost the lowest, my Casio cost SO about $12, and I love it, so maybe I wouldn't go below that :mrgreen: ).

Hmm. I think I'll try to take a picture of my Rolex and Casio's.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Sparklee on turning 50 - and oh my, what a beautiful watch, I hope you get lots of years of enjoyment - its gorgeous!

All these watches are so incredible... thanks for posting.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

Well, I'm not wearing this watch just yet, as I have to wait until Christmas. :( It's an ESQ by Movado from the Filmore collection.

8cc539cf2faf_0129a4e2-ffff-4dc1-8348-f5fd4fceaf83.jpg
2dab6a21ca0d_9a36a75b-282d-41c5-badf-195bc1043cb6.jpg
67629ac762bd_a6ea55bf-e771-49a9-bebd-9e80179f1056.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

Sparklee|1315188913|3009844 said:

Congrats on getting the grail of your life-long dream.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

Does anyone have tips on purchasing a pre-owned watch.

I have my eye on a Cartier panthere, gold, but its pretty expensive, so thought it would be worth a try from an original owner with box and papers. I've never gone this route- any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. There are dozens on ebay, but how to choice? I'm a newbie in the pre- owned market, but there seems to be value out there. Many thanks in advance for words of wisdom.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm just starting down the pre-owned path but wanted to mention something I realized this weekend .... that Tourneau sells "Certified Pre-Owned"watches in their stores. Not sure if there's one near you --- but I saw several Cartier models available at the one I visited this weekend.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gardengloves|1315782055|3015327 said:
Does anyone have tips on purchasing a pre-owned watch.

I have my eye on a Cartier panthere, gold, but its pretty expensive, so thought it would be worth a try from an original owner with box and papers. I've never gone this route- any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. There are dozens on ebay, but how to choice? I'm a newbie in the pre- owned market, but there seems to be value out there. Many thanks in advance for words of wisdom.
don't pay more than 50% of retail price,even less for a quartz model.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results