shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
gardengloves, here is a picture of mine. It is a really beautiful watch, and really grows on me the more i look at it. When I first showed DH the picture on the website he wasnt too crazy about it, but when I tried it on at the store he thought it looked so beautiful. I got the smallest size, 33mm. If you want to see more pictures you can find many at thepurseforum.

ADDED: oops sorry for the large picture, bad with this so dont know how to fix it :)

j12 33mm.jpg

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 7:32:57 AM
Author: Kissmark
LabRatPhd, we are almost watch twins!!

well....almost coz my rolex is stainless steel w/ diamond markers. would love to have the wg version though coz i have a skin allergy to s/s, so i cannot wear it everyday for too long. our J12''s are the same.

oh and our rings are almost the same, except mine is much much much smaller......

Kissmark - yes, we are! I got the Rolex back when I didn''t understand why anyone would put diamond markers in place of the numbers! FI wanted me to get the diamond markers but I was against it because I thought I would have a hard time telling the time! Now I really like the look of diamond markers so FI got me the J12 with diamond markers. Next on my wish list is a rose gold or gold Cartier tank or Ballon Bleu but that will not happen for a very, very, very long time!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t like watches and don''t care of wear them, but I for sure will make an exception for a Cartier Tank in 18k WG and diamonds! :D

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a mother of pearl face that I love.
I would love a Cartier Tank, it seems so classic!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
This is the only watch I''ve ever worn - it''s from Burbery with a twisted rope cord and toggle closure, it looks more like a bracelet than a watch.

324watchpicb.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I wear a pretty simple Citizen eco-drive watch with a rectangular face. Nowhere near the $ and fanciness level of all of you ladies'' amazing watches - but it was pricy for me when I got it, and it''s very classic. Before PS I didn''t even realise that watches could have diamonds on them :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watches! Mmmm!

Well, I find I like men's watches better than women's, as a rule. So how about this, or this to start in the "I'd love to have" category.

ETA - I wouldn't mind a Ball Lady Trainmaster tho....

lovejewelry13

Rough_Rock
I love watches. I have two, I have the round deco Michele Watch with diamonds going around the bezel and a Philip Stein with diamonds.

I would love to get a Breitling or Tag one day. I can only dream.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Anyone oogling this auction? Some outstanding time pieces.....

http://www.sothebys.com/app/ecatalogue/fhtml/index.jsp?event_id=30076#/r=index-fhtml.jsp?event_id=30076|r.main=grid.jsp?event_id=30076&pg=1&view=15/

Love the A. Lange and Sohne--but only one I could remotely afford....did you see these DF?
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is the Omega Constellation watch I wear all of the time and I love it! The colored gemstones are really pretty and the watch is light and comfy on my SLE Lupus/arthritis ravaged wrist.

I also have a Corum Heartbeat watch that I used to wear all of the time.

I''ve gone through 3 different Rolex watches, but find them uncomfortable to wear now.

My dream watch would be something vintage from the Deco era....like something y''all have posted photos of!

Oh, I would love to have a rose gold Zenith, too!

Lori

LORIOMEGA2.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Corum Heartbeat.

Lori

lwwcorumheartbeatwatch.jpg

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is a favorite of mine-seiko sportura digital/analog-fun to use & setup....

t0a.JPG

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Loriken, That Omega is great! I have looked at that one a few times, the colored gems add some fun to a classic look.

I have two new ones to add, The first is a new Bulova, I wanted something with the deco look but that I did not have to be so careful of. Not too expensive but looks good with some sparkly little diamond chips along the edge and blue steel hands.

IMG_1000.JPG

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
My new old watch is a Waltham, no bling just alot of engraving all over, even the back! Not sure about the band with this one, I do not think it is original, I may put a black leather one on or? No more watches for awhile. Due to the bad influence of PS I am now spending most of my free time looking at pearls and colored gemstones. Ouch!

IMG_0983.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 3:48:41 PM
Author: purselover
This is the only watch I''ve ever worn - it''s from Burbery with a twisted rope cord and toggle closure, it looks more like a bracelet than a watch.

I love this watch, purselover! It''s a modern take on the old-fashioned cord strap. Is Burberry still making it?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope someone will help me identify this watch. I was in the right place at the right time. Someone was selling it for scrap gold and I was able to pick it up for the scrap gold price. It is about 97grams of 18k two-toned gold. It is marked Scalia on the face but I have not been able to find out who makes it. I always wanted a gold watch and love the way this one sits so low (flat) on the wrist.

Can anyone help me identify it?
20.gif

farley2009luckedout.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2010 10:03:18 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/11/2010 6:32:26 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Anyone oogling this auction? Some outstanding time pieces.....

http://www.sothebys.com/app/ecatalogue/fhtml/index.jsp?event_id=30076#/r=index-fhtml.jsp?event_id=30076|r.main=grid.jsp?event_id=30076&pg=1&view=15/

Love the A. Lange and Sohne--but only one I could remotely afford....did you see these DF?
30.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon...you gonna buy me one??
1237400wqzwintuen.gif
HI:

You'll be buying me one! Where do you recommend looking at these watches in LA, DF? (I'm thinking you live there....). Worth finding a pre-owned AL & S?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 10:32:19 AM

HI:

You''ll be buying me one! Where do you recommend looking at these watches in LA, DF? (I''m thinking you live there....). Worth finding a pre-owned AL & S?
Sharon...you don''t have many choices,cuz there aren''t that many L&S dealers around the world. here are the two locations in the LA area. they became an authorized dealer about two yrs ago. when i bought my Lange 7 yrs ago there were only 2 AD in the U.S. and both of them were located in NYC.

as for pre-owned...if you can find a nice one for 50-55% off of retail then go for it.
36.gif
buy one on a leather strap.

http://www.traditionaljewelers.com/index.jsp?content=location

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:32:26 PM
Author: LabRatPhD

Date: 3/20/2010 7:32:57 AM
Author: Kissmark
LabRatPhd, we are almost watch twins!!

well....almost coz my rolex is stainless steel w/ diamond markers. would love to have the wg version though coz i have a skin allergy to s/s, so i cannot wear it everyday for too long. our J12''s are the same.

oh and our rings are almost the same, except mine is much much much smaller......

Kissmark - yes, we are! I got the Rolex back when I didn''t understand why anyone would put diamond markers in place of the numbers! FI wanted me to get the diamond markers but I was against it because I thought I would have a hard time telling the time! Now I really like the look of diamond markers so FI got me the J12 with diamond markers. Next on my wish list is a rose gold or gold Cartier tank or Ballon Bleu but that will not happen for a very, very, very long time!
I want the J12 soooooooooooooo bad! It''s my favorite watch ever. Can I ask, do you ever get sick of the band? To me it completes the look but my biggest fear is that I will eventually get sick of it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 7:41:48 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/15/2010 10:32:19 AM

HI:

You''ll be buying me one! Where do you recommend looking at these watches in LA, DF? (I''m thinking you live there....). Worth finding a pre-owned AL & S?
Sharon...you don''t have many choices,cuz there aren''t that many L&S dealers around the world. here are the two locations in the LA area. they became an authorized dealer about two yrs ago. when i bought my Lange 7 yrs ago there were only 2 AD in the U.S. and both of them were located in NYC.

as for pre-owned...if you can find a nice one for 50-55% off of retail then go for it.
36.gif
buy one on a leather strap.

http://www.traditionaljewelers.com/index.jsp?content=location
HI:

Thanks DF. A preowned one is all I can afford!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 1:09:34 PM

HI:

Thanks DF. A preowned one is all I can afford!

cheers--Sharon
Sharon...nothing wrong with preowned if you can find a good deal. all you need to do is to change the leather strap,polish the watch and the watch will look brand new.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 12:53:06 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

I want the J12 soooooooooooooo bad! It''s my favorite watch ever. Can I ask, do you ever get sick of the band? To me it completes the look but my biggest fear is that I will eventually get sick of it.

I have had my J12 for almost 6 months so I can''t give an accurate testimony, but I am not sick of mine yet! I was 26 when I got it and considered it a fun, youthful watch, but didn''t really think about whether I would still love it in 5-10 years when I bought it. I do see my Rolex as a better investment piece than the J12.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 2:41:38 PM
Author: sarap333

Date: 3/24/2010 3:48:41 PM
Author: purselover

I love this watch, purselover! It''s a modern take on the old-fashioned cord strap. Is Burberry still making it?
Thank you! Sadly they''re not I was telling DH the other day I''ll be so bummed if anything happens to it since I can''t get a new one. They do have other cute watches though if you''re in the market for a new one.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
That is a really good point. I guess I''m not really looking for an investment watch yet. The reason I haven''t invested in a nice one is because I could never find a watch that suited my tastes until I saw the J12. DH on the other hand has the Cartier Roadster and doesn''t love the idea of me getting a watch that could be considered somewhat trendy. I''m trying to consider his point of view but its the only watch I really like. I''m almost 31 so I hope that the age doesn''t matter.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 3:27:11 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
That is a really good point. I guess I''m not really looking for an investment watch yet. The reason I haven''t invested in a nice one is because I could never find a watch that suited my tastes until I saw the J12. DH on the other hand has the Cartier Roadster and doesn''t love the idea of me getting a watch that could be considered somewhat trendy. I''m trying to consider his point of view but its the only watch I really like. I''m almost 31 so I hope that the age doesn''t matter.

I hear you. I wasn''t going to get this second watch, but I really needed something that was appropriate for the lab environment I work in. FI actually hated the J12 but got it for me since my Rolex isn''t a casual watch and the J12 is super durable. It has grown on him a little but he still prefers the Rolex since it is absolutely timeless. I do think it''s better to get a investment watch first before the J12. I think the big ceramic look is really trendy right now so the J12 really hits that trend but who knows in 5-10 years? I''m glad I have my classic watch that will probably outlast the J12. I will probably still wear it even if it is out of fashion if I still love it.

I don''t think age is a factor! I have seen many women of all ages rocking the J12. I guess for me, at 26, the Rolex felt a little too "classic" so the J12 felt more "fun" and casual. Like I mentioned above, I am thankful to have my Rolex, as it is more appropriate for FI''s firm functions, etc.

couturequeen

Rough_Rock
I alternate daily between this one and a Bedat.

Baume and Mercier Hampton

hampton.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results