shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watches, another inexpensive interest of mine...
26.gif

Of course I like the mechanical watches...really like some APs and JLC...

For daily use I like ORIS but want water resistance and in a smaller watch 44mm is just crazy for a women''s watch! When fashion changes I''ll buy something that fits me and fits into my life.

Thank you all for sharing photos of your lovely watches.
36.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have a Michele watch and I love it!!!

Here is the one I have link

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favourite. An Omega, 1945 I think. I only wear it occasionally though but when I do, it runs beautfully. I thought I had lost it for over a year but it turned up, neatly packed away somewhere safe. It could do with a new glass.

klomegajpg.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Droooool, Klewis, that is a beautiful watch!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2010 1:46:14 AM
Author: lcom
Droooool, Klewis, that is a beautiful watch!

Thanks lcom- There are some gorgeous watches here. I love the Bulova''s and particularly the deco with emeralds.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone for the amazing photos. I just love your collections.

I just brought my Cartier Santos in to be serviced, it stopped after I took it off for a few days, guess what... complete overall needed.. well, kinda expensive.... my fault.. wore it for seven years, took showers with it ( bad!), so they said it was dried inside. So in three to six weeks I shall have it back

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch Gardengloves, thats gonna hurt! But well worth it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I want to get the Longines PrimaLuna. But I want the one that has all the arabic numberals on the face but that only comes in gold and they''re not selling the gold watches in the US yet.
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2010 12:50:18 AM
Author: zenjockes
Hi
Its sounds like very funny fashionable thread ...i love to wear fashionable and Swiss replica watchs and i always bought watches from Piwatches.com ...Sorry i don't have my watch pics readily ...Definitely i will post next time ..

---------------
Watch replicas
no need to post your fakes here.
38.gif
we're all multi millionairess and we don't need to buy fakes. our husbands got money to burn
16.gif

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Captain Ice

Rough_Rock
There is nothing more than I want than a Presidential Rolex, platinum, full of diamonds, etc. For now I will enjoy my A series two tone sub and my Breitling Super Avenger!!! You all have beautiful time pieces and I wish you the best of luck with them.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My everyday watch is my Bedat Concept. I purchased this a few years ago with the help of some friendly PSers and have not regretted it. It is not everyone''s style, but, I like that I can dress it up for business casual work attire and dress it down for the weekend. My dream watch would be to own a JLC, but I do not see that happening in the near future.

bedat.watch.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My fiance has been wanting an automatic watch for quite a while and really wants a Rolex Submariner. However, we are saving for a house, so it is not time for a Rolex. For his birthday, I bought him this more wallet friendly Longines Hydro Conquest black dive watch. It is the 41mm automatic version. It's a dressier dive watch and looks great with everything he wears.

hydroconquest.jpg

Alli

Rough_Rock
Re:

LabRatPhD said:
Chanel J12 w/ diamond markers, 33mm:

I just bought this online today..what size wrist do you have? The 33mm looks big enough, was debating on going bigger with the 38mm. I love that watch!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to

thanks for the great photos everyone. The J12 Chanel looks amazing- may be my next... that or a Chopard, but I am leaning towards the J12

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock

For some reason, I don't want diamonds on my watches. I got a Seiko 5 for my birthday this year and it's so nice not to have to worry about the battery running out. I have a Gruen Curvex that was my grandfather's that still runs, but needs a new band and some cleaning. My dream would be a Pasha or Woman's Breitling.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

I have 2 watches & love both of them.

Bought the Omega about 15 yrs go from an estate jeweler. It's 18k yg & I fell in love with the band. Dates to around the 1950s -- Omega has a service on their website where you can send pics & data & get some history at least of the model, if not the individual watch. Been meaning to do that. I showed it to a friend who used to be a buyer for Cartier Hong Kong & she was fascinated, said she'd never seen one like it. (Of course not, she didn't buy in the 50s!)

The other watch I bought at Tiffany's when I worked there. Employees were allowed to buy one watch per year at half price, either man's or woman's. Got mine one year & one for my husband the next. This one is 14k, round diamonds -- have the color grade somewhere, probably around G. I wear this every day.

--- Laurie

MyTiffWatch.jpg

MyOmega.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

56ultrathinwrist.jpg

This JLC MUT stainless, solid back was my favorite watch but when it was five years old instead of having it serviced I sold it. ;(

I own a stainless Rolex Air King with stick markers and I used to own an IWC Cal. 89 with a silver face (my watches were three variations on a theme).

If I'm being honest, I'd like to have a new JLC MUT and a VC ultra-thin with roman numerals (with the 18,000 bph JLC movement with the Geneva seal) that is no longer being made.

I wouldn't mind a JLC 101 truth be told.

I used to be big into watches and the online watch forums. It seems like a distant memory now but I did it for seven years.

The truth is I've always like Earth Science and jewelry too and it's what I'm into now.

One of the things I like about jewels is their permanent. My watches were like my cars. They have lots of moving parts and need maintenance. I liked the JLC particularly but I didn't want the high maintenance that came with it.

I like ultra thin watches. I'd like these two if I could afford them and could afford to maintain them. I'd rather spend my money now on [relatively] inexpensive Cartier pieces. I like gold and my Cartier pieces will not need to be entrusted into anyone's hands.

My watch hobby is in my past but watches are one of the best inventions of all time (no pun intended!). Thank you all for showing me your beautiful watches. Enjoy!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Disclaimer: I meant "they're" and the watch pictured is a stock picture and not my actual watch. :saint:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

After years of being watchless, I now have two.

A 1915-ish Henry Moser
kiz-hymoser5.jpg

A 1924 Hamilton
kiz-hamiltonwatch2.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

Kismet, Those are gorgeous!!!! They both look in pristine condition and I love the pattern on the Hamilton, very nice.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Decogirl said:
Kismet, Those are gorgeous!!!! They both look in pristine condition and I love the pattern on the Hamilton, very nice.

Thanks Decogirl! The Hamilton has definitely been refurbished and I rather think that the Henry Moser has been as well although the seller said that it hadn't been.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Timely post.

While this is not the same caliber of what is being discussed, maybe you all can help me pick a watch. My sister really wants to buy me an Citizen eco drive for my birthday, so I'm going to let her . So the eco drive is the restriction.

She wants to get me the Corso stainless steel with diamonds, but I'm afraid especially with how the face links with the rest of the band, that would be too bulky for my smallish wrists. I don't like big watches.
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-EW0730-54A-Eco-Drive-Diamond-Accented/dp/B000GDDLVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1285692577&sr=1-1

So these are some of my ideas...

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-EW1264-50A-Eco-Drive-Silhouette-Two-Tone/dp/B0012IRZ52/ref=pd_sbs_watch_4
A two tone watch. Just a tad smaller than the Corso but enough to make it more comfortable to me. (There are other two tone versions I like as well).

Another black face two tone watch,
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-EW9334-52E-Eco-Drive-Silhouette-Two-Tone/dp/B000ZPJE7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1285683394&sr=1-1
I like the size of this smaller all stainless steel version
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Womens-EW9680-51A-Eco-Drive-Stainless/dp/B001QFYKDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1285683624&sr=1-1

and a silouette diamond watch with strap instead of metal band. I think this is really lovely, but the most expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Womens-EW9730-04A-Eco-Drive-Strap/dp/B002BWPDKM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1285681788&sr=1-9
What do you think? Which is your favorite or is there one I'm missing?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry - didn't mean to shut down this thread!

I think I've narrowed down to the slim stainless steel one, or the black strap with diamonds. There is about a $100 difference between the two.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

Cartier Tank Louis

tank louis201088.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Trying to figure out if posting *genuine replica* watches is forbidden or not. :naughty: :devil: We made a little trip to Turkey on our vaca and lets just say it was faux wonderland.

janiced163

Rough_Rock

I switch between my Aqua Terra & Datejust.

watch1.jpg

watch2.JPG

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Vintage Cartier Gondole (1970s)-mechanical
vintage-cartier.jpg

Love the vintage watches posted in this thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results