shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the halo around it it is lovely and very delicate looking
Yes..I agree..She picked it out..She wanted yellow gold but he left the halo white gold. I think it looks really nice..She’s very hard on everything so it will probably get banged around..I got it in 10k gold so it would be sturdier..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that, what a pretty design, I love that she is excited to show it off. I hope she wears it in good health!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that, what a pretty design, I love that she is excited to show it off. I hope she wears it in good health!
Thank you @StephanieLynn! I hope she doesn’t knock the halo off! She breaks everything..haha!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I’m impressed! That setting is gorgeous and looks so sparkling!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m impressed! That setting is gorgeous and looks so sparkling!
Me too! I’m hopeful that my earrings will be great..I want to order his little .50 OEC to see what his look like. I might want him to make a different ring for me later on..It’s a little addicting because of the price..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi so Vijay has come back with a video of the stone and a cad

Link to stone
https://streamable.com/2jek0

Cad

9DAFE6D8-91F3-4E02-9B23-ED0DA3D9FF66.jpeg

Can I ask your thoughts on the stone?

Originally I had asked for a simple setting but then asked for the one I posted in the insta link. He has obviously gone with my initial request although in the Etsy conversation he said the one in the video was fine

I will go back to him on the setting but what are your thoughts on the stone?

Thanks

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Link to stone

Cad

Originally I had asked for a simple setting but then asked for the one I posted in the insta link. He has obviously gone with my initial request although in the Etsy conversation he said the one in the video was fine

Thanks
It looks very pretty and sparkly..but since it’s not a diamond it’s really hard to tell for sure. What color is it? I would tag some of the other girls on this thread to get their opinions too.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
He hasn’t said a colour I just asked for and was quoted on a colourless stone. I will mention it again when I ask about the setting and ask him to tell me what colour grade it is.

I am not sure how to tag people I’m afraid still learning how to use the forum will have a go on my phone in the morning

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Link to stone

Cad

Thanks

Stone looks pretty but seems slightly yellow. Did you upgrade to DEF Colorless? If you did, could just be the reflections.

About the setting, you can ask them to attempt to copy the one you like and they will put in a good effort. However, their ability may be limited, so do moderate your expectations of what they produced. You can see my review of the halo ring they made for me. Even local B&M jewelry shops I have been to cannot create delicate and artistic settings, so I don’t expect that from these vendors. Which is why the DiamondRensu ring is a pleasant surprise.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He hasn’t said a colour I just asked for and was quoted on a colourless stone. I will mention it again when I ask about the setting and ask him to tell me what colour grade it is.

I am not sure how to tag people I’m afraid still learning how to use the forum will have a go on my phone in the morning
If you said colorless is will be DEF so you’re good!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi peacechick

I agree I can see a little yellow as well. I asked for a colourless stone and was quoted on a colourless stone. I would assume there should be no sign of yellow in reality as you mention perhaps it is the video but I will go back to him with my concern.

I had thought perhaps I was expecting too much with the setting. This does seem a little simplistic based on what I showed him in the instagram.

Perhaps I am better to go for the simple setting

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have gone back to him saying the stone is pretty but does look a little yellow and asked him to clarify it is colourless and in the D/E/F range as I would hate to have an issue when he has set and shipped it.

I also mentioned the setting and asked if I the one I sent was a problem. I am thinking maybe I should stick with the simple prong setting for this one and see how it turns out.

Do you think the cad looks ok for a simple setting? He originally quoted me 370 but it ended up being 500 I thought that was because I started with a simple claw setting and changed to the more difficult design but I wonder if it was because he quoted in USD and the invoice was in AUD

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone looks pretty but seems slightly yellow. Did you upgrade to DEF Colorless? If you did, could just be the reflections.

About the setting, you can ask them to attempt to copy the one you like and they will put in a good effort. However, their ability may be limited, so do moderate your expectations of what they produced. You can see my review of the halo ring they made for me. Even local B&M jewelry shops I have been to cannot create delicate and artistic settings, so I don’t expect that from these vendors. Which is why the DiamondRensu ring is a pleasant surprise.
I’m am so impressed with Diamondrensu’s setting work. I louped it and his milgrain is amazing. It’s just perfect under the loupe which I didn’t expect. I’m definitely getting him to do another project after Christmas but will definitely ask for colorless.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi peacechick

I agree I can see a little yellow as well. I asked for a colourless stone and was quoted on a colourless stone. I would assume there should be no sign of yellow in reality as you mention perhaps it is the video but I will go back to him with my concern.

I had thought perhaps I was expecting too much with the setting. This does seem a little simplistic based on what I showed him in the instagram.

Perhaps I am better to go for the simple setting
That’s why I changed my ring to a bezel..wanting it to be simple..not realizing it would be harder for him. I think four prong work would be less of a problem...As long as you asked for colorless and you actually receive it..then it should be fine. I didn’t ask for colorless in mine..and the color is pretty good without noticeable yellow..I did get the white..I have a yellow setting so that may be why it doesn’t look yellow. @peacechick had yellow gold in her first ring and it was fine..but her second ring she went with white gold with the White color stone and it showed more yellow. He did a nice job on the setting though and she said he tried hard. Read her post..She would get colorless next time which is what you are getting now.
If you want to tag someone you put the @ symbol in front of their name. A little window will come up letting you select the person you want to tag and you click on that. See how I tagged peacechick above? I didn’t just put her name..I added the @ in front of it to tag her.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have gone back to him saying the stone is pretty but does look a little yellow and asked him to clarify it is colourless and in the D/E/F range as I would hate to have an issue when he has set and shipped it.

I also mentioned the setting and asked if I the one I sent was a problem. I am thinking maybe I should stick with the simple prong setting for this one and see how it turns out.

Do you think the cad looks ok for a simple setting? He originally quoted me 370 but it ended up being 500 I thought that was because I started with a simple claw setting and changed to the more difficult design but I wonder if it was because he quoted in USD and the invoice was in AUD
I really don’t know what to tell you about the design...and don’t know the exchange rate but that design doesn’t look that hard. That sounds expensive if it’s in US dollars. If you had white and changed it to colorless then it would
make sense because that’s usually $100 US dollars more..It would be better to have a still photo to see the detail instead of a video. I would do that when sending him info on what details you want.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait! Been keeping an eye on this thread for updates.
Which ring do you want to see? I bought one from GoldenBird on Etsy. That one is the yellow gold bezel with an OEC. The other one I bought for my mom from Diamondrensu also on Etsy. Hers is the one with the halo.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Ohh..how did I miss the photos. Wonky is beautiful! With high magnification photos, of course we can see the dent around 2-3PM but the last photo you posted, can't see it at all. The yellow gold is really pretty. What size is the stone please?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Moving here for those that are interested in ordering from Surat, India.

Looking forward to seeing your thread about Golden Bird Jewels. There are a few others Indian sellers that are good too. I'll place them in order of most reviews, pictures and videos:

1. Vijay from Golden Bird (Etsy and Ebay)
2.Ankit from Diamondrensu (Etsy store)
3.Mayur from Antique Diamond Jewel (Etsy)
4. Sahil of Carob Jewels (Etsy and Ebay)

They are all based out of Surat and know each other because I once asked Vijay for a quote on a piece and he said he couldn't do it but then 1 minute later, Ankit wrote to me to say he could do it. So I think they might even be in the same office/building, not sure. Sahil is the newbie on the block but is trying to differentiate himself by focusing on CUT. I really like the way his OEC stones are cut. He doesn't have many reviews on Etsy since he just opened that store a few months ago but is doing well on Ebay. Just know that when they call a stone OFF WHITE, it means KL color, which I happen to love in an antique stone, especially set in 18K yellow gold. Anyway, let us know how your purchase goes on that new thread and feel free to transfer this info over there for people looking to buy from India. I will make some contributions to the thread especially since I just sent a package back from a vendor that is terrible!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh..how did I miss the photos. Wonky is beautiful! With high magnification photos, of course we can see the dent around 2-3PM but the last photo you posted, can't see it at all. The yellow gold is really pretty. What size is the stone please?
Thank you...It’s 2 carats..Thanks for posting the other sellers from Etsy!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Mamabean thanks for the tagging lesson ;-) I was doing that on my iPhone it wasn't working but it is on the pc. It id $500AUD or $370USD that is a 3CT Colourless cushion in a silver setting (I didn't want to pay the extra for gold in case I didn't like it) now I am thinking I should go for yellow gold as long as the stone is good. He has not replied yet. Is $370 USD expensive for what I have asked for?

Thanks for your thoughts on design as well I agree I am sure they try hard with settings and perhaps I should try Diamondrensu next time. I just don't want to get it and have paid all that money for a design I didn't want and a stone with a yellow tinge.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean thanks for the tagging lesson ;-) I was doing that on my iPhone it wasn't working but it is on the pc. It id $500AUD or $370USD that is a 3CT Colourless cushion in a silver setting (I didn't want to pay the extra for gold in case I didn't like it) now I am thinking I should go for yellow gold as long as the stone is good. He has not replied yet. Is $370 USD expensive for what I have asked for?

Thanks for your thoughts on design as well I agree I am sure they try hard with settings and perhaps I should try Diamondrensu next time. I just don't want to get it and have paid all that money for a design I didn't want and a stone with a yellow tinge.
It seems high to me but it may be because it’s 3 carats..but it’s in silver. Did you pay him already? I had to pay the whole quote up front before work started.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I have only paid a deposit of about &50

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean
your mom's ring is gorgeous!
May I ask you, is Diamonrensu the name of the esty shop? I'm trying to see what else they have, but am having a hard time finding the shop.
Thanks! KK

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean
your mom's ring is gorgeous!
May I ask you, is Diamonrensu the name of the esty shop? I'm trying to see what else they have, but am having a hard time finding the shop.
Thanks! KK
Thank you! He’s really nice too...He answers everything promptly even with the time difference..Yes..It’s Diamondrensu..You left out the d Also check out his videos on You tube..

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
655C2C02-65DE-4CBC-A639-FC4EAAE2AF74.jpeg B1EEF4DD-DDBC-4378-9197-C3C82C289CAE.jpeg
Well I thought I would update on the ring I ordered from Diamonrensu on Etsy. He did a beautiful job on her ring. I ordered it in his White color. It’s definitely grayer than my G color diamond. My diamond looks shockingly white next to it although the ring is lovely. I wrote him and stressed that I’m color sensitive and to please make sure my princess cut studs are colorless. He says they will be F/G but I would be more comfortable in the DEF range. I’m hoping they will be bright and white. The asscher studs will probably be grayer like my mom’s ring but will just see when they come in. My C&C are bright white and am hoping my princess studs be as white as them. Here is a pic of my 93 year old mom’s ring on her hand. She’s thrilled..He did a top notch job on the setting..

Yes..It’s Diamondrensu..You left out the d

That explains that! Thanks so much.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I did mention that I would get back to him once I had the money together and he said we could proceed with a deposit.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I did mention that I would get back to him once I had the money together and he said we could proceed with a deposit.
Oh okay..That makes sense then..

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
655C2C02-65DE-4CBC-A639-FC4EAAE2AF74.jpeg B1EEF4DD-DDBC-4378-9197-C3C82C289CAE.jpeg
Well I thought I would update on the ring I ordered from Diamonrensu on Etsy. He did a beautiful job on her ring. I ordered it in his White color. It’s definitely grayer than my G color diamond. My diamond looks shockingly white next to it although the ring is lovely. I wrote him and stressed that I’m color sensitive and to please make sure my princess cut studs are colorless. He says they will be F/G but I would be more comfortable in the DEF range. I’m hoping they will be bright and white. The asscher studs will probably be grayer like my mom’s ring but will just see when they come in. My C&C are bright white and am hoping my princess studs be as white as them. Here is a pic of my 93 year old mom’s ring on her hand. She’s thrilled..He did a top notch job on the setting..

That ring is pretty darn perfect! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results