shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean I am not too concerned I think it is more that I find they are making promises they don't keep which in general concerns me when buying online. He is still waiting on the ring from production so more waiting for meekest :)
Yes I agree...Then I feel bad asking about asking for photos, etc. Diamondrensu is extremely sweet but I do want my earrings. It’s getting close to me not being home to receive them because I go to my Maryland house for Christmas.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Okay..I was thinking not to put it in an obvious ring box..but mine isn’t expensive so not too worried. I would be worried about yours because of the price.
I placed the ring box into a larger box and no one would be able to tell that there was a ring box inside, KWIM? Then that box went into one of those big UPS bags.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean I am not too concerned I think it is more that I find they are making promises they don't keep which in general concerns me when buying online. He is still waiting on the ring from production so more waiting for meekest :)

This time of year is crazy for everyone but it's also when the deepest jewelry discounts are offered. I'm going to see what kind of sales are offered year round and plan my jewelry purchases when they aren't as busy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This time of year is crazy for everyone but it's also when the deepest jewelry discounts are offered. I'm going to see what kind of sales are offered year round and plan my jewelry purchases when they aren't as busy.
I thought about getting my daughter-in-law jewelry for next year now because of the discounts. If you wait too long then they won’t arrive by Christmas.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking of getting a 1 ct yellow gold moissanite solitaire. I got a quote from Tiyanu that is fair (and I have another items from them and love them) but GoldenBird would be about $100 cheaper. Just curious if anyone has purchased anything similar from GoldenBird they’d be willing to share a picture of. Thanks!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I’m thinking of getting a 1 ct yellow gold moissanite solitaire. I got a quote from Tiyanu that is fair (and I have another items from them and love them) but GoldenBird would be about $100 cheaper. Just curious if anyone has purchased anything similar from GoldenBird they’d be willing to share a picture of. Thanks!

I have a loose 8mm OEC coming from a different Indian seller but I'm convinced they are all in the same building in Surat because I once asked for a quote on a somewhat complicated ring and was told by Vijay that he couldn't do it. No less than 2 minutes later, Ankit, another seller, sent me a message saying he could do it. There was no way Ankit could have known unless he was sitting right there and he didn't have my contact info since I never reached out to him.

I have looked at all their videos and from what I can see the craftsmanship doesn't seem to be at the same level as the Chinese vendors AND most of the complaints I've seen here is that they don't really have true colorless stones (EF) like Tianyu and StarGems has, especially in cushion shapes. $100 difference might not be enough of a difference to deal with the issues I've mentioned.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a loose 8mm OEC coming from a different Indian seller but I'm convinced they are all in the same building in Surat because I once asked for a quote on a somewhat complicated ring and was told by Vijay that he couldn't do it. No less than 2 minutes later, Ankit, another seller, sent me a message saying he could do it. There was no way Ankit could have known unless he was sitting right there and he didn't have my contact info since I never reached out to him.

I have looked at all their videos and from what I can see the craftsmanship doesn't seem to be at the same level as the Chinese vendors AND most of the complaints I've seen here is that they don't really have true colorless stones (EF) like Tianyu and StarGems has, especially in cushion shapes. $100 difference might not be enough of a difference to deal with the issues I've mentioned.
I’ll try them after Christmas..but I don’t understand the what’s app you mentioned. What is their name on eBay if I want to get something not custom?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean yes I am thinking I might be better off losing the deposit than throwing good money after bad. I thought perhaps his photography just wasn’t as good as the Chinese vendors hence the difference in pictures but some of the closes ups I have since seen in other pieces just does not seem to be as good as SG and Tianyu.

These discounts that have been mentioned can I ask when you find they start and who offers them? Are they Boxing Day sales ?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
[
What is their name on eBay if I want to get something not custom?

WhatsApp is the best way to communicate with the Chinese vendors. It's an app that you can download to your phone and to your laptop. China is 13 hrs ahead of me (I'm in MA). My sales Rep Mona usually is available around 8:30PM my time. When I use the app to talk to her, we communicate in real time. If you email, it will take longer and you might not hear from them. I even talk to Mona when she's back home after work, which is when she checks and posts to IG.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
For the Indian vendors, I have only reached out on Ebay or IG instant messenger.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is very good info and advice. Thank you. It seems like for $100, i'd be taking a risk for no reason.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean yes I am thinking I might be better off losing the deposit than throwing good money after bad. I thought perhaps his photography just wasn’t as good as the Chinese vendors hence the difference in pictures but some of the closes ups I have since seen in other pieces just does not seem to be as good as SG and Tianyu.

These discounts that have been mentioned can I ask when you find they start and who offers them? Are they Boxing Day sales ?
I’m referring to Blue Nile and vendors on Etsy..but there are sales all over..

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The store names are the same for the Indian sellers whether you find them on Ebay, Etsy or IG.
As for the Chinese vendors, StarsGem has an Alibaba and Aliexpress Store by the same name. Tianyu has only an Alibaba store that I know of but I know they have another store on Alibaba called Yitsi Jewelry.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well its been almost 4 weeks now and still no finished ring. He keeps shifting the deadline. I have finally had enough and messaged that I would expect to see the ring tomorrow as promised or I would prefer to cancel and have the deposit refunded. I have taken note of what some of the ladies in the Diamondrensu post have said and saved screenshots of the entire conversation on Etsy as well as my listing stating 2 weeks would be the time frame. At this point I am disinclined to go through with it unless it really is obviously colourless and well made in pictures and videos.

I know it sounds a little harsh but he is yet to follow through on a single promise.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok the ring is done he has only sent me a video he has said was taken in the evening.

Thoughts? It looks fairly colourless to me but I think I need pictures? Would you suggest pictures in daylight? Also stone looks smaller than I thought but it could be the size of the band as I had it made for my middle finger? It’s supposed to be 3ct

https://streamable.com/rr5hv

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok the ring is done he has only sent me a video he has said was taken in the evening.

Thoughts? It looks fairly colourless to me but I think I need pictures? Would you suggest pictures in daylight? Also stone looks smaller than I thought but it could be the size of the band as I had it made for my middle finger? It’s supposed to be 3ct

https://streamable.com/rr5hv
It looks fairly colorless to me too. It looks like a very nice stone. I agree it looks smaller than 3 carats so I would just have him tell you the mm and compare it next to a 2 carat so you can get a true idea of the size.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean. A cushion should be 8.5 in Moissanite I think? I like the stone so I think if the size is right it should be ok? eeek a little nervous about the purchase now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean. A cushion should be 8.5 in Moissanite I think? I like the stone so I think if the size is right it should be ok? eeek a little nervous about the purchase now.
I’m not familiar with cushions although I love them. Some shapes look smaller per carat weight. My 2.03 carat is a bit over 8mm..and I think cushions face up smaller..but maybe someone who really knows will chime in..It’s a beautiful ring!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean Apparently cushions are one of the sizes that do face up smaller. I found that size on Moissaniteco site. I think between 8.5 and 9 would be about right?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean Apparently cushions are one of the sizes that do face up smaller. I found that size on Moissaniteco site. I think between 8.5 and 9 would be about right?
I went to brilliance.com and they showed a 3 carat cushion would be 8mm so yours being 8.5 is great!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean it isn't 8.5 as far as I know. That was the figures I found on Moissaniteco and another Moissanite site. I have sent an email saying if I could just have a pic in the daylight next to a 2ct and the mm of the stone in my ring. Hopefully if that comes back ok I can purchase it.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow! He did a great job with your ring Penny. The stone looks well cut and definitely colorless, everything is rounded, the shank isn't clunky and the prongs look well executed. Cushions definitely looks smaller compared to a round. What is your ring size?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Massive @chunkyfacetlover lol it’s a 10. I want it for my middle finger but may have gone too small on the stone but can resize if I want when I get it.

I think it looks lovely as long as the size is right. He is sending more pics today and if they are good hopefully I can pay and have it by early to mid Jan

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am waiting on pictures but he has just sent the dimensions of the stone as

8mm x 8.15mm x 5mm

Every chart I have looked at moissanite, moissaniteco and Charles and Colvard all have a 3ct equivalent moissanite falling between 8.5 and 9mm this is closer to 2.

He has been very polite and I am not sure how to explain to him that these dimensions are not the equivalent of a 3ct. I don’t think it is too much to expect to get the size I paid for.

What do you think

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well he has come back saying he will refund me as I obviously don’t want the ring. I have agreed to the refund thanked him and explained I do want a ring just of the size and colour that was ordered.

Time to look to SG or Tianyu in the new year

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well he has come back saying he will refund me as I obviously don’t want the ring. I have agreed to the refund thanked him and explained I do want a ring just of the size and colour that was ordered.

I just got my photos of my earrings after I wrote Diamondrensu in the middle of the night..I told him to refund me if he doesn’t send me both the earrings soon..I told him it was ridiculous that I’m waiting almost seven weeks and people are saying they are getting their jewelry fast. The asscher cuts look good..The princess don’t look like they have sparkle and there’s a black thing in the middle but I think they’re just bad photos or I hope so..I’ll post it in my thread in him..I’m cooking so it will be later..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
The refund came through which is a relief. Will look at getting something from SG or Tianyu soon think I will stick with something someone on here has had done and is happy with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results