shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you...It’s 2 carats..Thanks for posting the other sellers from Etsy!
My pleasure! I should mention to AVOID Ebay seller: Tanyajewelry

She stole some pics from an Etsy shop. I didn't realize it at the time and when I received the ring, it was terrible! Nothing like the pics. I couldn't believe she tried to offer me a quarter of what I paid for so I opened an case with Ebay and won. She had to send me a label to mail the ring back. Still waiting for the refund to hit my card.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My pleasure! I should mention to AVOID Ebay seller: Tanyajewelry

She stole some pics from an Etsy shop. I didn't realize it at the time and when I received the ring, it was terrible! Nothing like the pics. I couldn't believe she tried to offer me a quarter of what I paid for so I opened an case with Ebay and won. She had to send me a label to mail the ring back. Still waiting for the refund to hit my card.
Omg..I feel bad for you..I had that happen on Etsy with Facetlane. I did a return but she kept both the money and the ring and kept telling me it was refunded. In the meantime she cancelled my order through Etsy so I couldn’t leave a review. I had to go through PayPal. Fortunately I had a signature confirmation. Thanks for the warning!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Is there a thread here for vendors to avoid? I'm adding Facetlane to my personal list. I know BTD message boards used to have a recommended vendors and sellers to avoid list.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a thread here for vendors to avoid? I'm adding Facetlane to my personal list. I know BTD message boards used to have a recommended vendors and sellers to avoid list.
I would like to know too...I do lots of shopping on Etsy..

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I would like to know too...I do lots of shopping on Etsy..
Is your screen name the same on Etsy? I'd like to add some fellow moissy loving sisters there. I think I found some great vendors on Etsy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your screen name the same on Etsy? I'd like to add some fellow moissy loving sisters there. I think I found some great vendors on Etsy.
No..I’m Love Sparklies..haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried searching for you but it only showed me shop names.:confused: My screen name over at Etsy is Mango Lover
I couldn’t find you either. It only shows you can search shops or items. If you go to Diamondrensu shop you can see my review of my mom’s ring. Maybe you can click on that and follow? Did you write a review? If you did I can do the same.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just noticed he put my mom’s ring on his site. I changed the shoulders to plain and changed it to yellow gold. He has one all in silver or a white metal with more detail on the shoulders in his list of items..but she didn’t like that..so I had him make them plain. That’s a better picture of her ring than I could take!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean other than the quality of the setting with diamondrensu what do you think of the stone vs Golden Bird? I see Golden Bird has a couple of bezel settings up now

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean other than the quality of the setting with diamondrensu what do you think of the stone vs Golden Bird? I see Golden Bird has a couple of bezel settings up now
I ordered a MRB for my mom and an OEC for mine. You can’t compare them because the faceting is so different. I wouldn’t get a bezel from GoldenBird after my ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
4388EA82-B580-4954-9226-0E1AA3081BD9.jpeg
Here’s the latest pic..Wonky looks especially wonky...I think it’s the imperfect way the bezel was made and it just magnifies it when there’s glare from the camera..It doesn’t look this bad with the naked eye but I do see it’s wonkiness. I love this stone..I just wish the setting was better.

Attachments

• 217FBD60-025D-4D7E-8D04-55C5A1CC55C4.jpeg
    217FBD60-025D-4D7E-8D04-55C5A1CC55C4.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 25

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s the latest pic..Wonky looks especially wonky...I think it’s the imperfect way the bezel was made and it just magnifies it when there’s glare from the camera..It doesn’t look this bad with the naked eye but I do see it’s wonkiness. I love this stone..I just wish the setting was better.
It really is a very pretty stone though! Maybe you can have someone redo the setting for it later on?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Vijay has sent through the new CAD it looks pretty good to me still waiting on more images of the stone

Does anyone have any thoughts on how those claws would look? They seem big in the picture but maybe they need to be to hold a 3ct stone?
9D6E8CFB-B4B1-46AB-8DD2-4378A2A31739.jpeg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

:love::love::love::love::love: What a gorgeous stack!!!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Vijay has sent through the new CAD it looks pretty good to me still waiting on more images of the stone

Does anyone have any thoughts on how those claws would look? They seem big in the picture but maybe they need to be to hold a 3ct stone?
9D6E8CFB-B4B1-46AB-8DD2-4378A2A31739.jpeg

Have you had a chance to go to Vijay's Youtube channel? He has lots of videos of rings he's actually made. Maybe you can find one with examples of his prong work?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYMbHPF_QcV5dMG7Iy26E3A

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover great idea thanks. You can tell I have never had a ring made before

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is a very pretty stone though! Maybe you can have someone redo the setting for it later on?
I don’t know..I’m enjoying the yellow gold and most people won’t notice it..I’m thinking of asking a jeweler to smooth it out but with the holiday coming I’m waiting until it’s over. The ring is not expensive so I may live with it or find a used setting and have the stone reset.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know..I’m enjoying the yellow gold and most people won’t notice it..I’m thinking of asking a jeweler to smooth it out but with the holiday coming I’m waiting until it’s over. The ring is not expensive so I may live with it or find a used setting and have the stone reset.
A jeweler should be able to smooth it out for you. It's such a beautiful set and might be worth a shot.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
A jeweler should be able to smooth it out for you. It's such a beautiful set and might be worth a shot.
Thank you..I would just have to decide who to take it to. I wouldn’t want it to be made worse...I’m leaning towards just leaving it alone..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean not sure I might find a YouTube with prongs I like and ask for that.

I chased up the videos and pics today he said he would send today but still haven’t got them. Should that be a concern? I would think sending more pics of the stone would be easier than the new cad but it’s tsking longer

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean not sure I might find a YouTube with prongs I like and ask for that.

I chased up the videos and pics today he said he would send today but still haven’t got them. Should that be a concern? I would think sending more pics of the stone would be easier than the new cad but it’s tsking longer
It’s possible the stone is not cut yet...and he did the cad first. I wish I could relieve your mind..but the most you can do is keep in constant communication with him. Find prongs on another one of his items and specifically ask for those so there’s no surprises. I think the simpler the better..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I will do that today thanks it’s a good idea I should not have gone for something so bespoke.

The only thing is the stone was cut but the video he sent appeared to show colour so I asked for an outdoor video and pics on white paper. Perhaps he is cutting a different stone although he did say that the one he sent me videos of was colourless it did not appear to be however.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I will do that today thanks it’s a good idea I should not have gone for something so bespoke.

The only thing is the stone was cut but the video he sent appeared to show colour so I asked for an outdoor video and pics on white paper. Perhaps he is cutting a different stone although he did say that the one he sent me videos of was colourless it did not appear to be however.
It’s nerve wracking I know. I’m waiting for two pairs of earrings from Diamondrensu and I’m nervous. Diamondrensu made my mom’s ring perfectly but I never got a cad or photo first before sending it. Fortunately it was perfect..but I hope to get a photo before he sends them.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The prongs in the CAD are called double or split prongs. They can be clawed (which looks amazing on antique cushion stones) or not clawed. It's a personal preference. I prefer double claw prongs on cushion shaped stones but not on round. Very few jewelers (bench) know how to properly space double prongs on round stones. You could also do single claw prongs. Here's an example of double claw prongs:
tempFileForShare_20181128-220205.jpg

And of single claw prong
Screenshot_20181209-161021_AliExpress.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
It’s nerve wracking I know. I’m waiting for two pairs of earrings from Diamondrensu and I’m nervous. Diamondrensu made my mom’s ring perfectly but I never got a cad or photo first before sending it. Fortunately it was perfect..but I hope to get a photo before he sends them.

Have you received your earrings yet? I want to order some from him but want to see his work first. Thanks.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you received your earrings yet? I want to order some from him but want to see his work first. Thanks.
Look on the GoldenBird thread I started. My mom’s ring from Diamondrensu is on there. He also has it in his items. It’s yellow gold and a white halo. You’ll recognize it after you go to the thread.He did a beautiful job.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results