shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I think that we both posted at the same time and you beat me to it by a fraction of a second. I saw your post as soon as the page loaded with my reply. I think that is great that you are being so nice and understanding about it especially when you did ask him about it before shipping. ;)2
I’m trying! Haha

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for showing the video..It was fascinating!
I’ve decided to embrace imperfection and keep it. No one is going to notice it and it sparkles so much you can’t see it unless you’re looking under a loupe. I just sent him another email saying I was a little disappointed but I was going to keep it...and please refund the shipping that he promised me when he made it in rose gold by mistake the first time..I’m holding my breath for the other three items I ordered from a different vendor..haha

Glad you can love it. Imperfections can make something more special. =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you can love it. Imperfections can make something more special. =)2
I’m enjoying the chunky flashes of colors. The stone and the yellow gold are really pretty..I named her Wonky! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
BCF219AB-B153-4865-A492-D10DB71A06DA.jpeg 63DDD9F0-1462-4801-A4F3-906DB0EDFA27.jpeg
I’ll take more of the stone in sunlight. This did let me know I like the chunky facets. If I love these I will love them in diamonds for sure.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wonky looks nice on your hand! :geek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I've been absent so getting caught up here....

First of all I love your handshots, looks really pretty on the hand and I like that band that you paired with it. I would probably leave it as is with the thought as others have said that shipping back to India would be so much hassle and then if you have someone try to fix that bezel issue, it could be even worse! Don't want that for sure. The stone and facets look great though, does it look pretty diamond like you think?

I wonder what he will do with the rose gold ring you sent back...I mean seeing how pretty it is I'm sure someone would love a rose gold ring like this :twisted2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been absent so getting caught up here....

First of all I love your handshots, looks really pretty on the hand and I like that band that you paired with it. I would probably leave it as is with the thought as others have said that shipping back to India would be so much hassle and then if you have someone try to fix that bezel issue, it could be even worse! Don't want that for sure. The stone and facets look great though, does it look pretty diamond like you think?

I wonder what he will do with the rose gold ring you sent back...I mean seeing how pretty it is I'm sure someone would love a rose gold ring like this :twisted2:
Thank you..I never sent it back..He sent the video to me and I saw it was rose gold. He was so upset he made the mistake..He put that one up for sale (less expensive than mine) and told me he would make it in yellow gold.The rose gold one seems to have been made better..but that wouldn’t have worked for me. I have nothing in rose gold. I wonder what his reaction will be when he reads my messages to him. He messed up twice....I’m not comfortable ordering from him again but never say never. I think bezels are not his thing. He does do beautiful other things..
Yes it does look diamond like..Very sparkly but in a normal way. I would be tempted to order a stone only and have David Klass set it..I’m waiting to see the other vendor’s work.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh okay gotcha, sorry I got a little mixed up.

What do you think of the moissanite? Not sure if you own other moissanite but if so how does it compare?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh okay gotcha, sorry I got a little mixed up.

What do you think of the moissanite? Not sure if you own other moissanite but if so how does it compare?
The OEC moissanite is very pretty..I have a Charles & Colvard Forever One DEF color bezel studs and a five stone band my daughter in law is borrowing :P2..They’re MRB so they’re different than the OEC. I ordered a MRB for my mom from a different vendor so will let you know when that comes and how that compares..I also ordered princess and asscher studs..from that same vendor. I’ll post those pictures too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the time you get done you could write a whole thread reviewing all the different moissanite vendors :lol:

I have a Harro OEC, it's nice but it looks a little too good if that makes any sense. I was thinking of trying the new moissanite from M&Co since they are supposed to be coming out with ideal cut but I'm sure they will want ideal big bucks.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know! I would love to see yours. How could it be too good?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my Harro OEC it is 1.25 carats and because they are custom cut I decided to get a very small cutlet which in retrospect might make the facets less crisp and defined. Then there is the fact that it reflects my hair which is dark so when I look at it head on there is this dark middle. I don't know maybe it's the cut or maybe this is how all OEC moissys are.

Maybe too perfect is not the right words it is very white though and I sometimes wonder if a lower color would be more appropriate.

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1635.JPG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my Harro OEC it is 1.25 carats and because they are custom cut I decided to get a very small cutlet which in retrospect might make the facets less crisp and defined. Then there is the fact that it reflects my hair which is dark so when I look at it head on there is this dark middle. I don't know maybe it's the cut or maybe this is how all OEC moissys are.

Maybe too perfect is not the right words it is very white though and I sometimes wonder if a lower color would be more appropriate.

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1635.JPG
I think your stone is very pretty. Maybe the petals in the center may make you feel it’s dark in the center. I don’t see that it’s dark at all.
I will say that the forever one moissanite in the round brilliant cut is very diamond like in the sizes I have. My bezel set earrings are 1ctw in a white bezel setting. They sparkle like mad..but not more than my diamond earrings that are vvs2 g color..ideal cut..Pricescope quality... If I put them side by side they look very similiar. I also have a five stone band that’s also sparkles like mad but not more so then my BG 3/4 eternity. They are both .15 stones and look almost identical side by side..This may be the fact that they are smaller that they look so good. I’m not sure what a larger stone would look like. I also bought C&C forever one def color square cuts studs 1.5 ctw..The cut was nowhere near a cut for diamonds. It has a shattered windshield look and I never liked it but kept them. My daughter-in-law is getting them for Christmas in addition to other things..but she LOVES them...not understanding about cut. I’m trying again with princess cut moissanite in 14k white gold from Diamondrensu on Etsy because his princess cuts look more like the facets similiar to a diamond. I didn’t want to go for the big bucks for earrings I wouldn’t wear as often..I’m crossing my fingers..so far on his site everything looks beautiful..Yesterday I saw he added a princess cut ring to his listings which was set crooked and the color looks yellow..I asked for my princess cut earrings to be colorless but he said they were f/g so close enough..I hope the cut and color are good..I let the asscher studs be his white color and they are being set in 14k white gold..These two pairs are being cut in the exact size I asked for..It’s a gamble buying from India because I would be hesitant to send something back that far..Fortunately I’m willing to gamble because of the price.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you..I never sent it back..He sent the video to me and I saw it was rose gold. He was so upset he made the mistake..He put that one up for sale (less expensive than mine) and told me he would make it in yellow gold.The rose gold one seems to have been made better..but that wouldn’t have worked for me. I have nothing in rose gold. I wonder what his reaction will be when he reads my messages to him. He messed up twice....I’m not comfortable ordering from him again but never say never. I think bezels are not his thing. He does do beautiful other things..
Yes it does look diamond like..Very sparkly but in a normal way. I would be tempted to order a stone only and have David Klass set it..I’m waiting to see the other vendor’s work.

I do think it’s noticeable and I’m sure Vijay knows it’s noticeable too (I’m sure they know how to use a loupe) but he sent to you anyway. I’ve had bad luck with a vendor lately (if you’ve read the Black Friday thread) so I really sympathise. My three-stone bezel ring from them was really nice so it’s not like they don’t know how to make bezels... I think they didn’t want to remake it again and were gambling on you not noticing. Please leave an honest review on Etsy if you can. I hope you can still enjoy the ring as it is, it’s very pretty!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do think it’s noticeable and I’m sure Vijay knows it’s noticeable too (I’m sure they know how to use a loupe) but he sent to you anyway. I’ve had bad luck with a vendor lately (if you’ve read the Black Friday thread) so I really sympathise. My three-stone bezel ring from them was really nice so it’s not like they don’t know how to make bezels... I think they didn’t want to remake it again and were gambling on you not noticing. Please leave an honest review on Etsy if you can. I hope you can still enjoy the ring as it is, it’s very pretty!
You read my mind. I rely on honest reviews and I’m not someone that takes leaving a negative review lightly. I was seriously thinking about not leaving a review at all. He said he was sorry and hoped I would buy something from him again..First..He made it in rose gold and then this. What really bothers me is I told him I saw it before he shipped it and I asked him directly and he said it was perfect...no dent. He had offered to refund my shipping the first time he made the mistake in rose gold. Last night I sent him an email saying I was disappointed but that I was keeping the ring..but reminding him that he offered to refund the shipping for the first error and he did last night..but that only got the price to what he’s currently selling the rose gold one for now so no break for his error really. My true feeling is this whole experience would be rated a three star. Do you think that’s fair?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven’t read the Black Friday thread but I will. I hope it’s not too bad..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you feel three stars is a fair representation of your experience then by all means leave a three star review. He shouldn't feel that he can send out a product with flaws after a customer specifically asks and not have any repercussions.

I also sell on Etsy and three stars would be a wake-up call that I need to do better in a specific area of my business, hopefully he feels the same.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you feel three stars is a fair representation of your experience then by all means leave a three star review. He shouldn't feel that he can send out a product with flaws after a customer specifically asks and not have any repercussions.

I also sell on Etsy and three stars would be a wake-up call that I need to do better in a specific area of my business, hopefully he feels the same.
I don’t leave negative reviews..I usually won’t leave a review at all..but I thought long and hard about it..In fact, I couldn’t sleep last night because I hate to hurt someone’s business but what he did was wrong. I wasn’t upset that he made the first mistake by making it in rose gold. He’s human..People make mistakes..What I’m upset about is that I told him I saw the dent and he assured me there wasn’t any. I thought maybe it was a reflection since he said it was “perfect”. He shipped it knowing it wasn’t. That’s what I’m upset about. Hopefully he will be more careful now..I wanted to add photos but it looks you can’t add photos unless you leave a positive review because I didn’t have that option.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read two Black Friday threads but didn’t see your post. Where is it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
776E417B-D784-4145-819E-81AD1DD861AD.jpeg
The size is growing on me. My diamond is a little over 8mm but because of the bezel it’s bigger. This is addictive..You can see the dent at 2:00..I’m getting used to it. :roll

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mamabean I am sorry that you have had this experience. Is this the ring you were waiting on in the other thread?

I am waiting on cad and stone pics from Vijay for the ring I have deposited on. I hope it turns out ok. It does look extremely pretty and I would not personally notice the flaw looking at it if it hadn't been pointed out.

I agree on leaving a review. Although I too hate doing it when it isn't positive it is important for vendor and future purchasers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Mamabean I am sorry that you have had this experience. Is this the ring you were waiting on in the other thread?

I am waiting on cad and stone pics from Vijay for the ring I have deposited on. I hope it turns out ok. It does look extremely pretty and I would not personally notice the flaw looking at it if it hadn't been pointed out.

I agree on leaving a review. Although I too hate doing it when it isn't positive it is important for vendor and future purchasers.
Thank you..Yes..This is the ring I was waiting for..No one would notice it but the people on here. I can see the wonky bezel but I know most people wouldn’t. The stone is pretty so that makes me feel better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
655C2C02-65DE-4CBC-A639-FC4EAAE2AF74.jpeg B1EEF4DD-DDBC-4378-9197-C3C82C289CAE.jpeg
Well I thought I would update on the ring I ordered from Diamonrensu on Etsy. He did a beautiful job on her ring. I ordered it in his White color. It’s definitely grayer than my G color diamond. My diamond looks shockingly white next to it although the ring is lovely. I wrote him and stressed that I’m color sensitive and to please make sure my princess cut studs are colorless. He says they will be F/G but I would be more comfortable in the DEF range. I’m hoping they will be bright and white. The asscher studs will probably be grayer like my mom’s ring but will just see when they come in. My C&C are bright white and am hoping my princess studs be as white as them. Here is a pic of my 93 year old mom’s ring on her hand. She’s thrilled..He did a top notch job on the setting..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really pretty

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love the halo around it it is lovely and very delicate looking

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results