shape
carat
color
clarity

GoldenBird moissanite

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also hope he didn't ship it. I would want to see a clearer pic of it (cleaned) before approving having him send it. Can you follow up saying that you want to make sure he doesnt ship until he has your approval?
Okay..I emailed him quickly so hope it gets the message across..I tried to make it clear without being accusatory..This is what I sent him..
Thoughts?
I’m a little concerned because the picture isn’t clear. The stone is cloudy and doesn’t seem centered. The bezel looks bent but that may be a reflection. I would like to see a better picture of it cleaned before you ship it. The rose gold one looks clearer and I want to make sure the yellow gold one looks as good as the rose gold one. Thank you..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Okay..I emailed him quickly so hope it gets the message across..I tried to make it clear without being accusatory..This is what I sent him..
Thoughts?
I’m a little concerned because the picture isn’t clear. The stone is cloudy and doesn’t seem centered. The bezel looks bent but that may be a reflection. I would like to see a better picture of it cleaned before you ship it. The rose gold one looks clearer and I want to make sure the yellow gold one looks as good as the rose gold one. Thank you..

I think it’s perfectly appropriate and not accusatory in the least. Let us know what you hear back!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it’s perfectly appropriate and not accusatory in the least. Let us know what you hear back!
Thanks! I just hope he didn’t ship it before reading my email...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I really get not wanting to hurt his feelings or come off accusatory, I am much the same. The real downside to that is it makes us crazy in the interim!

The email you sent is perfectly fine. Hopefully he hasn't shipped it and it all works out. If the new one isn't to your liking are you going to buy the rose gold instead? It really is a pretty ring but YOU have to be happy with it. It's only "not a lot of money" if the money you did spend brings you happiness :mrgreen2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I really get not wanting to hurt his feelings or come off accusatory, I am much the same. The real downside to that is it makes us crazy in the interim!

The email you sent is perfectly fine. Hopefully he hasn't shipped it and it all works out. If the new one isn't to your liking are you going to buy the rose gold instead? It really is a pretty ring but YOU have to be happy with it. It's only "not a lot of money" if the money you did spend brings you happiness :mrgreen2:
I’m hoping he didn’t ship it. If he did I don’t know what I would do..The cost to ship it back to India would be costly. If he didn’t ship it I’m going to tag the people on here to take a look before I respond. I would get the rose gold one and hope he just swaps it without an issue. I’m so non-confrontational..I appreciate all the opinions. It pumps me up! Haha!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He replied to me and said he was sending it to photography and that I would have “super photos”. I’m so happy he didn’t ship it yet. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can. If it’s clear but a little wonky I’ll keep it because I want the yellow gold..but if it’s super wonky please talk me into the rose gold one! I’m not really a rose gold girl and it’s not that expensive so I am prepared to accept some wonk...but not too much..:roll2:

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
He replied to me and said he was sending it to photography and that I would have “super photos”. I’m so happy he didn’t ship it yet. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can. If it’s clear but a little wonky I’ll keep it because I want the yellow gold..but if it’s super wonky please talk me into the rose gold one! I’m not really a rose gold girl and it’s not that expensive so I am prepared to accept some wonk...but not too much..:roll2:
I think the rose gold is amazing and looked into the cost on his Etsy. RG is great because it looks great on basically everyone. Have you ever tried it on in person?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
  1. I just got a video with music! :lol: It looks really pretty to me but there’s a tiny area on the side that looks bent on the bezel but really think it’s a reflection. I went past my comfort zone..and thanked him for the video but wanted to clarify that the bezel is smooth in that area and not bent. I don’t know how to put a video on here or if we’re even allowed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the rose gold is amazing and looked into the cost on his Etsy. RG is great because it looks great on basically everyone. Have you ever tried it on in person?
Yes..mine is more..A little over $300..but don’t know why and I’m not going to quibble about it..It may be because I asked him to cut the holes in the side to let in light..so now he’s using that design.
I don’t have anything in rose gold so it wouldn’t match anything. I wouldn’t be able to wear my watch and I would have to get at least a rose gold band. That’s a lot considering the price of the ring.
I just got a reply from him saying the bezel is perfect and no dents. I reminded him that he offered to refund my shipping which doesn’t even come down to what he is charging for the rose gold in 10k so I’ll be happy if he does that. He has been very polite and never seemed annoyed at anything I asked..so we’ll see how I like it when it comes..:pray: I’ll post pics as soon as I get it..I’m leaving for Maryland and hope it doesn’t come until after Sunday. I have no idea how he sends them.

Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It was bugging me..The bezel looks wobbly but think it’s reflections..The cloudy stone bothered me..so I politely asked him to clean it and take another picture. I hope he didn’t ship it yet..He did ask to confirm it first but by the time I saw it in email it was late in India..I always hate to be a bother but it kept bothering me that he should have cleaned it before sending me the photo. Am I being picky?

No you are not. I would be concerned if I received that photo. The bezel doesn’t look even and the moissy looks cloudy. I would definitely ask for more photos. He has good customer service. I think he would remake the ring if it is not up to standard.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you are not. I would be concerned if I received that photo. The bezel doesn’t look even and the moissy looks cloudy. I would definitely ask for more photos. He has good customer service. I think he would remake the ring if it is not up to standard.
Thanks! He sent it for photography and they made a video after cleaning it up. He should have never sent the first one..It looks so much better. I was concerned with what looked like a ding in the bezel so asked him if there was a dent. He replied it’s perfect with no dent. So..He will ship it probably tomorrow. I have no idea how long it takes or who he uses...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s coming today! It may be late when I get it so will take pics in sun tomorrow if anyone is interested! :lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, totally normal to be nervous with a new jewelry purchase. I hope it turns out great, can't wait to see pictures!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, totally normal to be nervous with a new jewelry purchase. I hope it turns out great, can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks! It’s because it’s from India..If there’s something wrong with the bezel it would be a hassle to deal with a return.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It’s because it’s from India..If there’s something wrong with the bezel it would be a hassle to deal with a return.

Fingers crossed!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recieved the ring a little while ago. At first glance I was happy but I louped it and there was the nick in the bezel. The bezel is not well made. I think he would do okay with prongs but the bezel isn’t perfect..kind of like a pie edge. To the perfectly normal consumer they wouldn’t have a loupe and it wouldn’t bother them. What would you do? It wasn’t that expensive but it’s frustrating..
This is what I sent to him..
0B1E1943-A2C5-49A4-AB7D-F96540677A90.jpeg
@StephanieLynn Opinion please? It looks fine if you don’t stare at it too hard..sigh

Attachments

• D0DB1660-C7FE-4A94-8207-1489127EE4CF.jpeg
    D0DB1660-C7FE-4A94-8207-1489127EE4CF.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 32
  • B680E4A3-221A-40DE-A265-31D7A9A3D864.jpeg
    B680E4A3-221A-40DE-A265-31D7A9A3D864.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recieved the ring a little while ago. At first glance I was happy but I louped it and there was the nick in the bezel. The bezel is not well made. I think he would do okay with prongs but the bezel isn’t perfect..kind of like a pie edge. To the perfectly normal consumer they wouldn’t have a loupe and it wouldn’t bother them. What would you do? It wasn’t that expensive but it’s frustrating..
This is what I sent to him..
0B1E1943-A2C5-49A4-AB7D-F96540677A90.jpeg
@StephanieLynn Opinion please? It looks fine if you don’t stare at it too hard..sigh

Can you post a pic of the ring so I can see the bezel more up close? I'm sorry ou aren't thrilled :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely see the issue at 2-3 o'clock on the bezel. That would bug me, even in a low-cost purchase. I'm sorry :(
I at least let him know..and he had suggested refunding my shipping when he first made the ring in rose gold by mistake...which I guess he wouldn’t do until I accept the ring. I tried not to sound upset but asked him what to do. Is it worth it to send it back? No one would even notice it but it will bother me. Do you think a local jeweler could smooth out the bezel in 10 carat gold?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ugh. I'm so sorry, especially after you asked about it. It would bother me, too. Is it noticeable when it's on your hand and you're looking from a typical distance?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I'm so sorry, especially after you asked about it. It would bother me, too. Is it noticeable when it's on your hand and you're looking from a typical distance?
No..I’m sure no one but one of us would notice. The stone is very pretty..It’s white and very sparkly so it disguises the bit of wonk in the bezel. I emailed him but not sure about the hassle of returning it. If this was a prong setting it would be gorgeous. I’m just debating what to do..Returning it to India sounds daunting. For the price after he refunds my shipping from making the first mistake in making it rose gold instead of yellow gold will at least lower the price a little..Any thoughts would be great. I’m leaning towards just keeping it..It otherwise is very pretty.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This post I reminded me of an IG video I saw a couple weeks ago. Maybe you could take it to a local jeweler and see what can be done? I never knew how a stone was bezel set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnNg7wzB38S/?hl=en
Thanks for showing the video..It was fascinating!
I’ve decided to embrace imperfection and keep it. No one is going to notice it and it sparkles so much you can’t see it unless you’re looking under a loupe. I just sent him another email saying I was a little disappointed but I was going to keep it...and please refund the shipping that he promised me when he made it in rose gold by mistake the first time..I’m holding my breath for the other three items I ordered from a different vendor..haha

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Yes that would certainly bother me but it is very small and could be fixed or repaired fairly easily by a local jeweler maybe???.. Instead of having to send it back to India??

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes that would certainly bother me but it is very small and could be fixed or repaired fairly easily by a local jeweler maybe???.. Instead of having to send it back to India??
I’m not even going to get it repaired..It’s not noticeable without a loupe..I learned my lesson. Keep it simple and no bezels..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not even going to get it repaired..It’s not noticeable without a loupe..I learned my lesson. Keep it simple and no bezels..

Yeah I think that we both posted at the same time and you beat me to it by a fraction of a second. I saw your post as soon as the page loaded with my reply. I think that is great that you are being so nice and understanding about it especially when you did ask him about it before shipping. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results