shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone purchased any of the lab blue spinels from Gene? I’m looking to have some cut but not sure which shade of blue to choose

I have a couple different ones. One is the electric cobalt, and one is more like an intense super saturated deep sky blue. It almost looks like a sapphire. What colour are you looking for?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I have a couple different ones. One is the electric cobalt, and one is more like an intense super saturated deep sky blue. It almost looks like a sapphire. What colour are you looking for?

Ohhh do you have a picture of the deep sky blue spinel? That would be closest to what I’m looking for :kiss2:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh do you have a picture of the deep sky blue spinel? That would be closest to what I’m looking for :kiss2:

Technically we’re supposed to just discuss these in the lab stones section, you might want to pop over there to see more examples… here are my two, for comparison D45DE72B-A884-4E7D-A5F3-EA452F5661CB.jpeg

Attachments

• A001C66A-A5A4-464E-B2CB-08FEC133F18C.jpeg
    A001C66A-A5A4-464E-B2CB-08FEC133F18C.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 21

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Technically we’re supposed to just discuss these in the lab stones section, you might want to pop over there to see more examples… here are my two, for comparison D45DE72B-A884-4E7D-A5F3-EA452F5661CB.jpeg

Oh shoot, I didn’t realize that! I figured this thread was all things cut by Gene :( I’m still getting the hang of all things PS. Thank you for sharing these with me - they are absolutely stunning!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy cow, that top one is insane!! Is that the cobalt? I might need to get my hands on one of those. :kiss2:

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
That was a colorful drop with a great variety of stones! I’ll be the first to admit I grabbed a couple...The pink umbalite garnet should fit nicely in a setting I already have and I just had to have the oval blue zircon.

I'm confused... I recently became active in PS, but have no idea of how to access the 'color drop' of gemstones that were for sale. Although I doubt if any are still available...

Please advise - for future reference

Thank you!!

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
I'm confused... I recently became active in PS, but have no idea of how to access the 'color drop' of gemstones that were for sale. Although I doubt if any are still available...

Please advise - for future reference

Thank you!!

Hi @OneKuhlChic, Gene of Precision Gem updates his website/store with new stones approximately once per week, and when that happens, it's called a "new drop." You can sign up for email notifications from him if you want to be notified. I don't know how reliable that is though since I only signed up a week ago. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to share some thoughts about folks who seem to always miss his drops...

I accidentally signed up for Gene's newsletter twice. I thought I wasn't getting his emails so I signed up again. This meant a few months to a year gap in between the subscriptions. As a result, I've noticed that I received his email through my first account hours before my second account does.

This makes me think his emails arrive in order of who signed up first. If so, then his "oldest" customers will always get first dibs... Again, just one data point here. But I thought I'd share just in case.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like a bunch of other people, I missed out on that stunning concave cut blue green tourmaline a couple weeks back. ;( Lucky me though as I managed to snag the light blue tourmaline from one of the last drops.

I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of it. All inside since of course it's raining. It's a lovely pastel blue. The concave faceting is gorgeous and really brings the stone to life imo. :kiss2:

20220401_132208.jpg

20220401_132230.jpg

A couple quick videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb0R8d-OLd3/?utm_medium=copy_link

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like a bunch of other people, I missed out on that stunning concave cut blue green tourmaline a couple weeks back. ;( Lucky me though as I managed to snag the light blue tourmaline from one of the last drops.

I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of it. All inside since of course it's raining. It's a lovely pastel blue. The concave faceting is gorgeous and really brings the stone to life imo. :kiss2:

20220401_132208.jpg

20220401_132230.jpg

A couple quick videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb0R8d-OLd3/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is so pretty @elle_71125 ! I love how it looks likes the girdle flows in and out, giving the stone an almost flowery outline. I can’t wait to see how you set it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty @elle_71125 ! I love how it looks likes the girdle flows in and out, giving the stone an almost flowery outline. I can’t wait to see how you set it!

Thank you.:kiss2: Gene’s concave cuts are beautiful.This is my second concave from him and it’s neat to see how similar and yet how different they are. This one definitely gives off a more floral vibe.

I have a few gems I want to set first, so it could be a while before I get to this beauty, but I’m leaning towards setting it with color. Pink, purple, or a brighter blue. Something to bring out the blue color without overwhelming it. :mrgreen:

Ellipses

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bought any of the gemstones from this week’s drop? The green garnet and the new YAG were snatched up so quickly. And I’m slightly surprised someone decided to snatch the yellow orange sapphire so fast as well.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought any of the gemstones from this week’s drop? The green garnet and the new YAG were snatched up so quickly. And I’m slightly surprised someone decided to snatch the yellow orange sapphire so fast as well.

That green garnet went FAST! Beautiful material. :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I looove the green garnet and hope a PSer got it and will share more pictures!
It looks similar in color to the 4mm green garnet pair I have from Gene that are set as side stones in my ering. I love the color and can only image how gorgeous the big round green garnet is!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looove the green garnet and hope a PSer got it and will share more pictures!
It looks similar in color to the 4mm green garnet pair I have from Gene that are set as side stones in my ering. I love the color and can only image how gorgeous the big round green garnet is!

I love that ring. Changing the sides with the green garnets was inspired. It really made your ring something special. :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that ring. Changing the sides with the green garnets was inspired. It really made your ring something special. :kiss2:
Thanks @elle_71125 ! It really changed the overall look and saved me from having a new setting made :))

I was looking at Gene’s Client Creations page to see if there were any new pieces posted and saw this was new and thought I’d share it here.
I’m going to have to take DK up on this!
5D695CE5-C055-4836-B66E-19663993B11E.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @elle_71125 ! It really changed the overall look and saved me from having a new setting made :))

I was looking at Gene’s Client Creations page to see if there were any new pieces posted and saw this was new and thought I’d share it here.
I’m going to have to take DK up on this!
5D695CE5-C055-4836-B66E-19663993B11E.jpeg

Oh, how cool is that?! Especially since DK is my go to jeweler. :love:

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! I managed to get my hands on the color-change YAG. I don't often succeed with nabbing Gene's items since they are always gone so quickly, but I'm so excited to have been able to grab this one! It is by far my favorite of all the lab stones I've gotten from Gene. The color is superb and the color-change is very noticeable. I'll try to take pics and post soon!

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 4.36.09 AM.png

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Oh yah I'm gonna need setting ideas for a hex stone too! :wavey:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely shades from pink to pink red for this drop~

I thought the same thing. I’m actually pretty surprised the first pink sapphire is still available. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results