shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
I hope whoever snagged that tourmaline posts more pics!! Dying!!

I thought I got it because after I submitted the order the stone still showed in stock for a few more minutes. I got the thanks for your order email but Gene just emailed saying I didn’t get it…disappointed to get my hopes up.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I got it because after I submitted the order the stone still showed in stock for a few more minutes. I got the thanks for your order email but Gene just emailed saying I didn’t get it…disappointed to get my hopes up.
I feel your pain! I thought I got it too. Next time hopefully we will get luckier!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Will do. I am super lucky to get it and excited to see it in person soon!
Congrats! Good for you!! I can't wait to see your pictures and how you are going to be setting it!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
What a drop. Those two concave stones are freaking killer! I Would have tried for the tourmaline but it was long gone by the time I saw it. Seems like I’m in good company. :lol:

1BC2E4E9-0523-4601-BC02-2E3CB76F16BE.jpeg

I have been wanting one of his slightly included lab emeralds for awhile and keep missing out. But yesterday I finally got that 3.995 ct he had posted! Super excited!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gene has sale prices on a bunch of stones on his site right now :))

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

I think I just bought one, but it’s my first from him. So excited! But wait…do I remember reading there is a process - you go thru the process for purchase, but they have another process on their end and maybe I’ve got it, maybe I don’t? Oh boy, I hope I’ve got that wrong. Fingers crossed anyway. :)

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock

Aaargh... He has re-listed a stone that was part of his previous sale too... I wanted it back then but decided it wasn't the time to go into luxurious expenses. It still isn't. But at least I had the peace of mind it was sold and someone else was enjoying it. Whyyy :((

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I just bought one, but it’s my first from him. So excited! But wait…do I remember reading there is a process - you go thru the process for purchase, but they have another process on their end and maybe I’ve got it, maybe I don’t? Oh boy, I hope I’ve got that wrong. Fingers crossed anyway. :)

He doesn’t have payment processing on his website, so you have to wait for him to mail an invoice. I think he tries to mark things sold as soon as someone has submitted an order. Sometimes with a high demand stone, like in the case of the concave tourmaline that recently sold, more than one person will try to buy it before he’s marked it sold, and then it goes to the first person to place the order.
I hope you got the stone you wanted!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
He doesn’t have payment processing on his website, so you have to wait for him to mail an invoice. I think he tries to mark things sold as soon as someone has submitted an order. Sometimes with a high demand stone, like in the case of the concave tourmaline that recently sold, more than one person will try to buy it before he’s marked it sold, and then it goes to the first person to place the order.
I hope you got the stone you wanted!

I did! Super stoked!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aaargh... He has re-listed a stone that was part of his previous sale too... I wanted it back then but decided it wasn't the time to go into luxurious expenses. It still isn't. But at least I had the peace of mind it was sold and someone else was enjoying it. Whyyy :((

Similar thing here! I really wanted the 1.49ct round pink sapphire when it was on sale last time. The timing wasn’t right then, but since it was still available and on went on sale again, I think it must be meant to be mine :lol:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Similar thing here! I really wanted the 1.49ct round pink sapphire when it was on sale last time. The timing wasn’t right then, but since it was still available and on went on sale again, I think it must be meant to be mine :lol:

It probably is. :bigsmile: I've been eyeing the 1,695ct sapphire myself. Pink again, but not as... pink. Just my ballpark. Alas, my husband is between jobs right now and the job market isn't exactly kind. Plus, Ukraine is a little bit too close to us for comfort. It's not the time for luxury purchases paid out of savings. But if you can get this round beauty now, do it and I'll leech on your happy feelings. :bigsmile:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New drop and it includes two gorgeous concave cuts. :drool:
2F74789B-F0E7-4AE2-83F7-605FBCBF7792.jpeg

Which reminds me… @Atwater have you received that blue green tourmaline from the last drop? I’m dying to know how it looks in person (me and everyone else who saw it. Lol). :love:

Last edited:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
New drop and it includes two gorgeous concave cuts. :drool:
2F74789B-F0E7-4AE2-83F7-605FBCBF7792.jpeg

Which reminds me… @Atwater have you received that blue green tourmaline from the last drop? I’m dying to know how it looks in person (me and everyone else who saw it. Lol). :love:

Yes, and I got pictures!
Outside shade (noon) and indoor:
1647129633335.png
Outside shade (late afternoon):
1647129662765.png
In direct sun (noon and late afternoon):
1647129696062.png
On hand (in direct sun and shade)
1647129814421.png

Attachments

• 1647129739224.png
    1647129739224.png
    774.3 KB · Views: 13

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snagged the Cali pink tourmaline. It’s a lovely delicate pink, that doesn’t brown out in any lighting. The concave cutting does well hiding inclusions. My first concave stone! 4B179ECC-F3D2-4D07-B09A-1DFEA4D96D97.jpeg

Attachments

• 70D181E3-AC18-4702-8A50-490C8DFDC4E8.jpeg
    70D181E3-AC18-4702-8A50-490C8DFDC4E8.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 17

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Snagged the Cali pink tourmaline. It’s a lovely delicate pink, that doesn’t brown out in any lighting. The concave cutting does well hiding inclusions. My first concave stone! 4B179ECC-F3D2-4D07-B09A-1DFEA4D96D97.jpeg

Lucky you!!! That is a STUNNER :kiss2: how do you plan to set it?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s beautiful! :kiss2: What do you think of the concave faceting?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! :kiss2: What do you think of the concave faceting?

I love it! I wasn’t sure if I would, tbh, because I saw one years ago that I wasn’t keen on, but then your stones started to shift me, and now, I don’t think this will be my last. :lol:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa @NKOTB, What a beautiful stone! I have always wondered what the concaves look like IRL.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I wasn’t sure if I would, tbh, because I saw one years ago that I wasn’t keen on, but then your stones started to shift me, and now, I don’t think this will be my last. :lol:

I'm so glad to hear it. They are definitely different than the traditional faceting...but in all the best ways. I can absolutely see myself buying more now too. :mrgreen:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

This one looks more sparkly than other concaves I think. It’s gorgeous. Some of them look more fuzzy or something so I wasn’t sure if I would like concave cuts myself but maybe I should keep an open mind.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone purchased any of the lab blue spinels from Gene? I’m looking to have some cut but not sure which shade of blue to choose

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results