carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still in the box, gotta figure out how to get it open :roll:

The gem jar? There are a few ways to open them, but my favorite is to turn the gem jar upside down, then put the rounded end of a paperclip into the little indent on the side of the jar and gentle twist the paperclip to lift the top off a bit and do the same thing in the indent on the other side (you might have to do this a couple of times). Keeping the jar upside down, when your able to lift the bottom of the gem jar off of the top, the gem will be sitting safely upside down on the glass in the top of the gem jar and you can pluck it out. I love the OEC pink sapphire!

Last edited:

CaseyLouLou

Shiny_Rock
Still in the box, gotta figure out how to get it open :roll:

Omg that’s exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a gem from Gene! I didn’t think I was ever going to get the box open and I finally did manage after some serious frustration. The paper clip idea is a good one and just go around the bottom slowly.

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are actually instructions on the invoice on how to open the gem jar.

The main thing is don’t just try to pull the top off. If you do, the gem will certainly go flying across the room and possible get chipped or lost.

I use the back of my gem tweezers or a dime or small screw driver to pry two sides open. When these jars are new, they are really tight, after you open one and close is several time it does loosen up a bit. I found that those round plastic jars start to loose their tops after they have been opened a few times, and they get all scratched up looking, so I prefer these with the glass tops.

I don’t turn it over when opening, but that’s that a bad idea. I do turn it over when putting the stone back in, and place the stone on the center of the glass. It’s the only way to get the stone in there nice and straight.

mustangchi

Shiny_Rock
There are actually instructions on the invoice on how to open the gem jar.

The main thing is don’t just try to pull the top off. If you do, the gem will certainly go flying across the room and possible get chipped or lost.

I use the back of my gem tweezers or a dime or small screw driver to pry two sides open. When these jars are new, they are really tight, after you open one and close is several time it does loosen up a bit. I found that those round plastic jars start to loose their tops after they have been opened a few times, and they get all scratched up looking, so I prefer these with the glass tops.

I don’t turn it over when opening, but that’s that a bad idea. I do turn it over when putting the stone back in, and place the stone on the center of the glass. It’s the only way to get the stone in there nice and straight.

Thank you! I gently opened it with a butter knife with no bad events lol! I did see the instructions on the invoice but when I realized it got delivered a day earlier than I expected I'd already had a glass of wine to help me get over a difficult day in the hospital and didn't want to risk it at that point :P2

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
My gorgeous new 3.4 ct (9.9 x 7.4 mm) oval lab pink sapphire from Gene :love:

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg
Balcony; mid-morning sun behind me

IMG_2008.jpg
Indoors; diffused light from a window - I think this shows the truest colour!

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG
Just diffused bedroom light, no flash. In the clip below about 30s in, I take a video with flash. The sparkle is insane!

Some fun with a UV light :)

Gene was incredible to work with, and the sapphire is phenomenal!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG
Just diffused bedroom light, no flash. In the clip below about 30s in, I take a video with flash. The sparkle is insane!

That is stunning!!! Any ideas on how you’ll set it?

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG

Beautiful in all lights! :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

DAYTIME

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

NIGHT TIME / LOW LIGHT
IMG_2013.PNG

Your stone is magnificent! I am glad some of the greatest masters are cutting lab grown stones for us. Can't wait to see a piece you create with this beauty!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful in all lights! :kiss2:

She is such a stunner! Thank you so much! And all credits to Gene for his incredible cutting :kiss2:
My yucky iPhone 8 camera can't do it justice... It looks more purple on camera but irl it's very pink (but it does turn just a tad purplish in some lights, but not as much as how it looks on video/photo)

Your stone is magnificent! I am glad some of the greatest masters are cutting lab grown stones for us. Can't wait to see a piece you create with this beauty!

That is stunning!!! Any ideas on how you’ll set it?

Thank you both so much!! :love: Yes, we'll set it in a solitaire to really let her shine!

Most of my jewellery is rose gold, so I was thinking to have the design below in rose gold with the two small yellow gold accents on the band... But do y'all think it would be better in white metal? :confused:

IMG_1880.jpg

The ring is designed by Cristina @ The Blind Designer & Co. (@the_collection_ph & @theblinddesigner on Instagram) :) Her work is stunning!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021 - 11/26