shape
carat
color
clarity

First Purchases from Caroline Cardellini:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Or in the expensive way that arrives super fast.

I have to admit, my first thought when I read this was that they were going back to Australia. I had that happen once-but it was to Denmark. Luckily it all turned out well, but the Postal System was on the naughty list that year. :angryfire:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
"naughty" is being generous.

Addendum: The package just left the sort facility the next state over. Question: Is it heading back to me, or back to Catherine? If I could, I'd take bets! And what is inside that poor weary package at this point? Pearl dust?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
:shock: re: USPS.

Pls keep us posted. And what a story to tell about your pearls when you finally get them!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
After sitting 10 blocks from me for a week, they moved into, and then left, a neighboring state and have now been sucked back into the Bermuda Triangle. I have NO idea where the package is on the face of our globe. Maybe they want to say "hi" to every PS member around the world before landing home.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1377611365|3510570 said:
After sitting 10 blocks from me for a week, they moved into, and then left, a neighboring state and have now been sucked back into the Bermuda Triangle. I have NO idea where the package is on the face of our globe. Maybe they want to say "hi" to every PS member around the world before landing home.

Haha, they are definitely welcome at my house...I promise not to keep them very long before sending them on their merry way :wink2: :lol: :ugeek:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
For what it's worth, the package re-entered my state at noon today. Which means pretty much nothing.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
After more than three months they arrived!

They arrived back to Catherine, that is -- with most of my address ripped off the label. The pearls are in perfect condition, thankfully.

So I've asked her to send the two necklace/earring sets back to me via regular mail which has worked beautifully for my past two purchases.

TBC...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Your reaction is kinder, and much more polite, than mine was!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy that they were found, in one piece, and now they are on their way to where they belong :appl: :appl: :appl: Looking forward to lots of photos!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just finished reading this thread...how bizarre! Tho I have to say that the Australian postal service and registered airmail are quite hopeless. When my mum was sick 5 years ago I sent a card by the fastest post possible. I spent 18$ to mail the card so it would arrive within 4 days. Two days later things got worse and I had to hop on a plane and fly over. Fastest time ever..22hrs...the card arrived 5 days after I did. 18$ and it took 7 days .

This is why when I send things to Americans I use FedEx or DHL. I've given up on the post office. Hopeless.

I'm glad your lovely pearls have finally surfaced !

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Katbran -- I've bought and received the "figs" since this fiasco (they arrived WAY before these two sets) and now I'm waiting on two more sets! Catherine's pearls are unique and I just love them. And she is wonderful to work with.

Here is the happy ending to this saga for anyone who is interested:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-catherine-cardellini-purchases-arrived-after-3-5-months.193677/#post-3527546#p3527546']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-catherine-cardellini-purchases-arrived-after-3-5-months.193677/#post-3527546#p3527546[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results