shape
carat
color
clarity

First Purchases from Caroline Cardellini:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how frustrating bsomlo!!!

I have the same thing happen occasionally with DHL packages. They take 36-48 hours to arrive at the airport here in Sydney from either the US or the UK and for some unbeknownst godforsaken reason they then, rather than courier delivering, PUT THEM IN THE MAIL SYSTEM!!!!

My record is 11 days from Alexandria (where the DHL hub is) to my post office. A distance of less than 25 kilometres. On something that was supposed to be couriered to me. GRRRRRRRR!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they arrive soon. I really don't understand why registered mail takes so darned long!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking good thoughts for you today, my friend.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have your pearls arrived yet, bsomlo?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse, baby nurse... no, no, no. BUT, they did travel 15 miles in 5 days and arrived 15 miles from my home yesterday. So at 2 miles per day, maybe they'll arrive by the end of next week? Unbelievable! But least as of yesterday they existed, weren't lost, and were creeping slower than a baby's crawl towards me... thanks for asking!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
DRAT! I was so convinced that today was the day. :(sad

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My birthday is Tuesday (cancer pearl sister). Maybe then?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, that's painful! I'm sorry to hear that it's taking so long! I do know what it's like to wait seemingly forever for something to arrive. I bet you'll have them by Monday...

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Another cancer! Mine was yesterday. :) I have CC bracelets arriving Tuesday. :naughty: Your lovely new rope if her FB profile pic though, so that is pretty fun!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hope you get your new pearls soon. They look gorgeous and so unique!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just have to give a shout out to Catherine (who is obviously peeking at these posts since she said she wants the pearls to arrive by my birthday!).

Not only am I giving her blow-by-blow news of the delivery (to which she responds immediately) -- I woke to HER informing me of where they are at the moment! Apparently, they moved another 10 miles overnight so now they're 5 miles from my home. We should start taking bets regarding which day they'll arrive... or maybe they'll pause for a breather. They're tired -- it's a loooong trip.

Thanks, Catherine, for sharing in my angst!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
She's nothing if not amazing and her customer service is above reproach-beyond anything I could have wished for.

We're all rooting for you!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
10 miles a day, lol. Are they walking? Your delivery person must be doing all of this on foot. There is no other reasonable explanation.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1372607512|3474765 said:
10 miles a day, lol. Are they walking? Your delivery person must be doing all of this on foot. There is no other reasonable explanation.

They are clearly being delivered via box turtle. And a rather lazy one at that.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1372607757|3474770 said:
jenncent|1372607512|3474765 said:

They are clearly being delivered via box turtle. And a rather lazy one at that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My visual is of an unkempt man with a long stick thrown across his shoulder with a kerchief tied together at the end forming a bundle containing Catherine's package. He's trudging along in broken shoes. Sometimes he stops in the woods for a few days and sits by a bonfire and eats baked beans out of a can and drinks bitter coffee out of the tin can afterwards...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1372617727|3474847 said:
My visual is of an unkempt man with a long stick thrown across his shoulder with a kerchief tied together at the end forming a bundle containing Catherine's package. He's trudging along in broken shoes. Sometimes he stops in the woods for a few days and sits by a bonfire and eats baked beans out of a can and drinks bitter coffee out of the tin can afterwards...

You win.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1372617727|3474847 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have a good feeling this morning that he will be shuffling into your yard today to bring you your treasure. Fingers crossed!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek --Thanks for the good wishes. It left a sort facility which is a 3.4 mile walk from me yesterday... but it seems to feel the need to stop, and visit, sometimes for days, at every possible sort facility along the way. YOU ALL will be the first to know when it arrives, that's for sure!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Nothing.

Nada.

Maybe the pearls are on a bender 3.5 miles from me.

This brings new meaning to "so close and yet so far".

*sigh*

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1372712193|3475583 said:
Nothing.

Nada.

Maybe the pearls are on a bender 3.5 miles from me.

This brings new meaning to "so close and yet so far".

*sigh*

Maybe they were waiting for your birthday?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This one coming up, or perchance the next one I wonder...?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'm HOPING tomorrow. Depends on what the vagabond has on his schedule though, I suppose.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, I'm so very sorry you're being tortured like this, but I have to admit this thread has me in stitches. You are so witty.
They. Will. Arrive. Tomorrow.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
sending pearl sparkle dust your way, for tomorrow. ;-)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You guys are all so sweet! Let's see what today brings, aside from another year added to my double digits...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, bsomlo :wavey: :appl: !
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Happiest of happy days to you! Fingers crossed for excellent news today!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday! :appl:
Hope the pearls arrive today!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, my pearlie friends, the mail-lady came and went and there was no package for me. The pearls remain 3.4 miles from my home. I just have to laugh at this point. Caroline told me that a customer near me received their package in 6 days. I'm entering the third week of waiting. Let this be my biggest problem. Hanadama strand, you will decorate my neck during my birthday dinner tonight!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
ARGH! And GROWL. I'm so sorry, but you look rather fetching in your hanadamas, so there's that....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results