shape
carat
color
clarity

First Purchases from Caroline Cardellini:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh bsomlo they are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: Yay, I am so happy for you! Good things come to those who wait :wink2:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And pay...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1375643135|3496483 said:
And pay...

Haha, yes and pay :cheeky: Just think, those lovely jumbo ripples weren't available when you ordered and you may have been content wearing the other pearls and holding off on these ~and it it easier to explain to DH why you needed more pearls since you had a credit. We pearl lovers can never have too many pearls :naughty:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Love to hear how you feel about them when you get them. And I love happy endings... :appl:

What is their length and size?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It was originally 20" with spacers.

I asked her to take out two imperfect pearls, all spacers, and two beauties for earrings.

The necklace is now 16.5". I have a slender neck, so I think that will be fine.

The sizes (diameter, not drill hole to drill hole) are 14.5 mm down to 12.3 mm.

There is no happy ending yet. We are discussing delivery options... given the recent fiasco...stay tuned...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Please let me know which delivery option you choose. My necklace will need to be shipped soon. Thanks :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think we chose the simplest and cheapest -- what she used to do before switching to registered: Airmail Letter Post. It should go straight into my mailbox.

I will keep you all "posted".

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Finished product shots:

_8593.jpg

_8594.jpg

_8595.jpg

_8596.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Heaven. I absolutely love them.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
These are going to be fabulous :love: :love: :love: Thanks for the tip on the shipping. Fingers crossed these make it to you super quickly. Sarah sent my pearl to CC and it got to her in less than a week.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. taylor -- When I first saw your comment, I thought you were talking about your new beauties!

Thanks. I'm excited to see them and feel them in person!!! Ripples, finally...

LitGeek -- I'm very interested to see how this most basic shipping option works out.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
They are going to be amazing bsomlo!! I can't wait to see them. They remind me of a modern version of the style of pearls aristocrats wore in the 17th century. Those beautiful choker style strands that make petite swan like necks look so much more delicate.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
TWO EXCITING UPDATES:

1) As you may have read on another thread -- although the jumbo ripples are gorgeous, they're not quite right for me. They are going to one of "us" and she will be receiving them on Monday. Then -- the Big Reveal.

2) Catherine emailed me that the original package actually left a nearby (me) sort facility at 1 AM today!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376748533|3504805 said:
2) Catherine emailed me that the original package actually left a nearby (me) sort facility at 1 AM today!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: I sense a happy ending. Yay. ::)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! I will be waiting at the edge of my seat for their arrival :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I think I know who is getting your ripple pearls...she is one lucky gal for sure :wink2:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

You could have them TODAY!!!! You have to call me! I'll be on the road for a few hours. I cannot live not knowing!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor -- I really doubt it. It's processing through yet another sort facility. That doesn't mean it's at my local post office and it doesn't say it's out for delivery...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
wasn't it just a few blocks from your house?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
A month ago it was around 40 blocks from my house. Now the notice is much vaguer -- it just says "Processed through USPS sort facility". What does that mean? It's shown as processing all along the way. My understanding is that it eventually reaches your local post office and then your post-person rings your bell when s/he delivers the mail to get your signature before handing over.

Our buzzer isn't working (of course) so we just put a sign up asking any delivery person to call my cell phone and I'll come to the door.

TBC...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God, you could be getting them today... I'm so very excited for you :appl: :appl: :appl: !!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Just a little update. The CC package was 10 blocks from me on Saturday.

I called my local post office and it hasn't arrived there yet. Once it arrives there, my postwoman will bring it with the regular mail.

Let's see how long it takes to travel 10 blocks. It left the 10-block-away-sort facility on Saturday. Not a good sign...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
this is no longer a comedy of errors. this has all the makings of a greek tragedy.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
How frustrating! Still hoping it will show up this week :shock:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
May I vent?

Thank you.

Aaargh! I just called my local post office and it was the MOST FRUSTRATING interaction. The woman insisted that my "parcel" won't even go there. It'll go through some "parcel unit" and then come to me. When I tried to pin down if it had left the final, closest processing unit, or might there be other stops before getting to me, she was as slippery as squirming fish covered in oil.

Basically -- she said I just have to wait until it gets delivered.

So, to recap, it left a sort facility 10 blocks from me four days ago.

WHERE IS IT?!!!

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
I really sense your frustration and hope by the end of the week it will arrive. I have now starting asking vendors to ship with tracking. I know it does cost more but in the long run it is so worth it. It not only gives you the day by day of where your parcel is but you can also anticipate the arrival time if a signature is needed. I also like the fact that I can call the courier and find out ahead of time if there are any duties or taxes to be collected when delivered. I like to be prepared!!

I always felt a little guilty spending the extra on upgraded shipping especially since I had just spent hundreds on the purchase. As I get older i have very little patience and can't seem to wait for parcel to arrive!!

bsomlo, hang in there, it's on it's way and then we will all be cheering right along with you!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Just to add fuel to the fire:

CC's package was scanned on the 17th as being processed in a sort facility 10 blocks from my house.

Then it was scanned as departing that sort facility the same day.

It was scanned on the 24th as being processed in the SAME sort facility it had been processed through and departed a week earlier.

So it is stuck in a revolving door going in and out and in the same sort facility.

Truth is Crazier than Fiction.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! Seriously unbelievable :errrr: :confused: :(( :(sad :( I'm still pulling for you to receive them though!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ridiculous :nono: .

But I too am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Just a little Sunday night kick-in-the-pants.

The package just scanned as being processed in another state. It was 10 blocks from me for a week, and now it's in another state entirely.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1377482709|3509752 said:
Just a little Sunday night kick-in-the-pants.

The package just scanned as being processed in another state. It was 10 blocks from me for a week, and now it's in another state entirely.

How can that be??? Do you think they are sending them back to Catherine? I hope they do! Then she can resend them to you the inexpensive way that will arrive super fast.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results