shape
carat
color
clarity

First Purchases from Caroline Cardellini:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday bsomlo :wavey: Enjoy your birthday dinner and wearing your hanadamas!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday Bsomlo hope it is a very special one :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all kindly! Heading out to dinner with hubby sporting my truly gorgeous hanadama strand.

Life is good and I am lucky. Pearls at home and pearls on their (sweet slow) way!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, crazytown bsomlo!! I can't believe they are so close yet so far! And they have taken so long. Grrr. My fingers and toes are crossed for you tomorrow...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to report that the package didn't get delivered today with the mail delivery. Tomorrow there is no mail delivery due to the holiday, and Friday morning I leave for five weeks.

That means this drama will take a hiatus and continue mid-August.

Until then -- Happy 4th of July, and work those pearls!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo said:
I'm sorry to report that the package didn't get delivered today with the mail delivery. Tomorrow there is no mail delivery due to the holiday, and Friday morning I leave for five weeks.

That means this drama will take a hiatus and continue mid-August.

Until then -- Happy 4th of July, and work those pearls!

I'm so sorry your pearls have not yet arrived! I was on the CC website because if this thread. Her stuff is beautiful! I'm hoping to make a few purchases in the Fall.
FWIW. I'm in package hell myself. I shipped a Cartier trinity from FL to NYC, on 6-22 it was due in NYC on 6-25 last tracked in the Bethpage sorting facility. No good answers , at least you are getting the hobo tracking updates! I do love that visual!!!
Hope the show up bright and early Friday before you leave!!!!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry your package didn't show up in time. I just hate when that happens, so disappointing! I'm glad you have other pearly treasures to enjoy in the meantime and I wish you safe travels!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Update: Catherine has started the investigation process (had to be initiated from country of origin). Maybe that will nudge the pearls the last few blocks into my zip code to my local post office. Then my husband can bring them to me July 19th. I almost don't believe these pearls exist... I've been looking at pictures of them for so long now! It's starting to feel unreal...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
These pearls are going to have such a story to them, one that hopefully you can laugh about anytime someone compliments you on them. What a journey this has been!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1373295504|3479038 said:
Update: Catherine has started the investigation process (had to be initiated from country of origin). Maybe that will nudge the pearls the last few blocks into my zip code to my local post office. Then my husband can bring them to me July 19th. I almost don't believe these pearls exist... I've been looking at pictures of them for so long now! It's starting to feel unreal...

Oh dear, you poor thing. Hope the pearl mystery is solved soon. Can imagine it's all very upsetting. :cry:

On the bright side... are you going anywhere exciting in the 5 weeks? Maybe can do some IRL pearl shopping to cheer yourself up? :naughty:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo your poor pearls! Yes, what a story you wil have to tell when they finally arrive!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for commiserating with me!

Icy jade -- I am not in a good location for pearl viewing or buying, which may be for the best!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who are following, Catherine just informed me that she got a letter in Australia stating the investigation has been handed over to USPS (whatever that means)... Maybe someone will notice the package dropped behind a shelf a month ago...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1374929350|3491402 said:
For those of you who are following, Catherine just informed me that she got a letter in Australia stating the investigation has been handed over to USPS (whatever that means)... Maybe someone will notice the package dropped behind a shelf a month ago...

I just know these are going to end up on your neck. Maybe in time for Christmas? GEEZ! Registered is supposed to be the creme de la creme of postal experiences, so I have high hopes that you'll be in luck.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo said:

I came back to this thread hoping you we're saying they have arrived[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN][CLAPPING HANDS SIGN], but I see they are still missing. That stinks! They have to open a case and issue you a case number, then they can officially track it. They will look at cameras and see where it was last documented. Hopefully then it will be found.
Good luck with USPS, my Cartier Trinity that went AWOL about the same time, is still missing. They have pictures of it going through the facility in Bethpage,NY. They believe it was a small package and is tucked in a bag somewhere. It's been a month. Maybe they are hanging out somewhere together. Did they tell you it may end up in Atlanta at the lost mail place? That's my hope, because that's where it will be opened and they will see my return address and I will get it back!!

Keep us posted.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach -- USPS has been totally unhelpful to me. It's pretty crazy that they had to wait for an investigation to be opened from Australia to begin trying to track it down. They didn't tell me it might've end up in Atlanta. Maybe our jewels are together.

Personally, I think they just fell behind a shelf or into a bag 3 miles from my home.

I really do believe I will ultimately receive them. I had luggage lost once that got delivered to my home about 6 months later. With no explanation and nothing missing. I had a letter delivered 18 years after it was mailed. Really.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hey saw these in Greenhills in Manila and bought a choker for fun since its abt usd 12.

Any news on your necklaces?

_8485.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You're killing me. $12!!! If you weren't imaginary, and if you lived near me, I'd ask you to pick up a dozen for me. Wouldn't they be the greatest party favors for a girlie birthday party?

No news on Catherine's package. I still think I'll get them, but if I don't, I'll be her first and only lost package. I won't consider it truly lost until New Year's Day.

Neck shot of the choker, please!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375540757|3495917 said:
You're killing me. $12!!! If you weren't imaginary, and if you lived near me, I'd ask you to pick up a dozen for me. Wouldn't they be the greatest party favors for a girlie birthday party?

No news on Catherine's package. I still think I'll get them, but if I don't, I'll be her first and only lost package. I won't consider it truly lost until New Year's Day.

Neck shot of the choker, please!

Here is a crappy pic of my imaginary neck. :lol:

_8489.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that choker!!! Does it have a clasp? What color is it, and is it metallicy? (Hard to tell on picture.)

I think you should buy a ton of those as gifts! And talk them down to $8. You can do it!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1375541220|3495919 said:
I LOVE that choker!!! Does it have a clasp? What color is it, and is it metallics? (Hard to tell on picture.)

I think you should buy a ton of those as gifts!

One for you!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375541220|3495919 said:
I LOVE that choker!!! Does it have a clasp? What color is it, and is it metallicy? (Hard to tell on picture.)

I think you should buy a ton of those as gifts! And talk them down to $8. You can do it!

Well... I picked the purple one with the best luster and helped my colleague to pick a white one with the best luster so in my mind the rest are not that attractive any more... Both strands I picked are metallics.

Here's a fresh shot. The pearls are not as big as CC's but think they work for a choker.

_8490.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! What a sweet steal. I bet you'll love wearing it.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I love them. WOW.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375543047|3495926 said:
Fantastic! What a sweet steal. I bet you'll love wearing it.

Think it should be fun and is relatively inexpensive, so didnt need much thinking to buy. Just tried new neck shots...

Lighting is better in the bathroom (took the earlier ones in a dimly lit restaurant).

mrs. taylor said:
I love them. WOW.

Thanks!!

_8491.jpg

_8492.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
So cute!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375540757|3495917 said:

If you do live in Singapore a dozen is no problem btw. Can even do a few ropes. So far I only found one vendor with these side drilled strands, but will keep a lookout for others tmr. The strand is 17 inches including clasp and all knots.

I am probably going to the pearl market again tmr for a more serious shopping spree. Today was with my colleagues so couldn't really concentrate.

Sorry to pearl-jack your thread, but I thought of you immediately when I spotted these strands in the market. ::)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the US -- but thanks anyway! Your post is very apropos to this thread. Makes me wish for mine all the more...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
All -- I bit the ripple madness bullet. I am going to use the credit from my missing sets to purchase the following:

Jumbo Iridescent Ripples-- necklace, no spacers, with matching earrings. Mrs. Taylor wants to know if I'm hopping over to Australia to pick them up...

I'll let everyone know when they arrive, though I told Catherine there is no hurry.

_8529.jpg

_8530.jpg

_8531.jpg

_8532.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'd swim there to get those. For real. You are getting some exceptional pearls. I'm in love with those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results