shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally ... the right band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 2:59:28 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Hey Deco...I love the bands posted here, but the quality seems...somewhat lacking. (I have also heard as such by some who have ordered rings from there.) I bet you could get Quest or someone to do the band (like Brightspot did by copying my art deco style band) and have it done really well. The workmanship seems somewhat lacking on those, IMO.
Agree. Love the style, not loving the QC. I think that first one would be gorgeous with your e-ring.

shay

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 2:50:44 PM
Author: wallermama
Did you order it yet?
31.gif
31.gif
yeeeeees
12.gif

Did you find a barn?
2.gif
31.gif
31.gif
yeeeeessss
17.gif

9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 3:11:00 PM
Author: Shay37
Date: 8/8/2006 2:59:28 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Hey Deco...I love the bands posted here, but the quality seems...somewhat lacking. (I have also heard as such by some who have ordered rings from there.) I bet you could get Quest or someone to do the band (like Brightspot did by copying my art deco style band) and have it done really well. The workmanship seems somewhat lacking on those, IMO.
Agree. Love the style, not loving the QC.
Thanks for the heads-up! I hear what you guys are saying & have def def considered the QC issue ... and I love Brightspot's Quest ring ... I just don't think custom is for me in this case.

I chose to order the online link band in platinum because ...

1. If I don't love the link band *in my size* actually on my hand with my e-ring, I CAN return it. (Custom: you order it, you bought it.)

2. I am almost positive the online ring comes from the *exact* same manufacturer of the one I saw at my local B&M. And, in person, I was happy with the quality.

3. My local B&M was estimating more than 2 1/2 times the online price ... they've not had a history of being too negotiable about other items. Also, they seemed to have trouble figuring out where they'd gotten that particular band to begin with.

p.s. here's a more "life-size" view of the ring ... two weeks ...
36.gif

lifesizelinkband.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
well that didn''t work the first time ... attempt #2 ... more "realistic" view of link band.

lifesizelink2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully it is to your liking. I just remember that someone here ordered a swoopy band from there and ended up returning it based on the quality. Hopefully your band will not have that problem.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed for you.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, Feb, that''s a purty one!

Sadly my fingers are closer to the size of butter sticks
3.gif
than the petite 3.5 of this non-sizable gem.

***** WEIRD UPDATE *****

The B&M near me really can''t figure out where the got the version of the "link band" I tried on there ... that''s seemingly identical to the estatediamondjewelry one.

They were able to give me prices on the two other bands I liked at their store, but at 1/2 way around eternity, in 18K white gold (NOT PLAT to go w/my ring) -- $1900 smackers. Ooof.

I really really really hope I love the EDJ one in person! In my favor: I''m not as finicky as some of you loop-lovin'' ladies. You know who you are!
3.gif
But I DON''t want stones falling out or easily bendable metal or something that looks too far off from my e-ring.

(p.s. - I looked for the "unhappy" client stories but could only find one ... GingerBCookie ordered one, but she was pairing it w/ a MEGE ... the other stories seemed to be about ERD ... Dem? Did she get an ERD --AND-- an EDJ?? I''m confuzzled)

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Deco ~
face23.gif

Oh ... I can''t wait for your ring to come! I do hope it''s exactly what your hoping for!

I love your ering
emlove.gif
! It is so delish
18.gif
... and I think most diamond bands will look great with it.

I went looking on their site, and I must say ... they have some expensive stuff!

Wow! I sure wish I had some burried treasure in my backyard
6.gif
! They definately had a few
2.gif
things that caught my eye!

Ok ... let us know as soon as you get your new sparklie band ... I know I''ll be waiting for a lil'' peek!

Have a great weekend!
35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 11:22:30 PM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
Hi Deco ~
face23.gif

let us know as soon as you get your new sparklie band ... I know I''ll be waiting for a lil'' peek!

YEEEEEEEEEEE It came in *early* and I''m supposed to get it via FedEx tomorrow!!!! Excitement! But then I remembered that we have to leave town by about 2pm tomorrow to get to a ceremony honoring FMIL that''s three hours away!! If I miss FedEx the ring will be in lock-down all weekend long!
23.gif

Tracking says estimated time of delivery 4:30 pm
7.gif
.. the ceremony starts at 7pm & has been planned for months & they''re even paying for our hotel they want us to be there so badly.
32.gif

Mixed ... feelings ... excited .. bummed ... worried ... more excitement ... worry
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 2:04:55 PM
Author: february2003bride
Decoded: I don''t know your ring size, but have you seen this ring?

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=4522

ok, I''m a 3.5 and I love that ring...hmmm I wonder...

deco- so happy your ring came early, so sad you can''t get to it
7.gif
. It will be safe and sound over the weekend, don''t worry, the hard part will be not thinking about it
40.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
******* WEDDING BAND UPDATE *********

1. IT CAME!!!! Before we had to leave for our trip at 2pm ... YEA!!!!! Not in the Fedex pokey over the weekend!

2. IT''S GORGEOUS -- omigosh ... I
30.gif
it, looks amazing with my e-ring, no quality issues that I can detect. Sparkly, delicate, same depth as my ering band in the back

3. IT FITS!!! The first time I''ve been able to actually TRY ON a w-band with my ering. And since it''s an eternity style, no sizing bar, that was a big stress for me!

AND NOW THE *BAD* NEWS

4. The not-so-SWEETIE has confiscated it. He was home from work today ''cause of our road trip later ... HE opened the box .. HE''s taken possesion of it .. and HE says it''s not "mine to play with" until HE give it to me October 7th!
7.gif
. I was all ... but my PSCOPE friends are WAITING FOR PIX. And he''s all: TOO BAD.
29.gif
I''m like: the RETURN period is only two weeks -- what if they see something I don''t ... and he''s all: YOU LOVE IT THAT''S ALL THAT MATTERS.
20.gif

Sooooooooo.
9.gif
39.gif
9.gif
39.gif
36.gif
14.gif

(Any advice on talking "some sense" into him
31.gif
?? The only thing he seemed to be willing to negotiate for was a 1/2 hour "photo shoot" in trade for me doing all "his" chores from now until the wedding ... and we''re talking dishes, garbage & four cat boxes people ... I loves ya but not THAT much
3.gif
)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man, how can he do that to us?!?!?! I think the wedding bands should be shared property until the wedding. He can look at his and you can look at yours. They just don''t get worn around until after the wedding. I can''t wait to see yours!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine how great it looks with your beautiful e-ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, I am so glad it came in time and that you LOVE it, but so sad we can''t see it. When you get back I''d snoop around till you find it. That or beg him to let you take pics just this once and then promise to give it right back. Good luck!!!!
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Four cat boxes on top of the other chores? I can wait hon. No need to do that to yourself!!

I am SO GLAD to hear you love the ring and don't see any quality issues. Particularly because they have some I want to see.

11.gif

Can't wait to see this!! (Figure of speech - I CAN wait long enough so that you're not stuck being Cinderella, pre-glamorous ball.)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad this worked out for you. DO NOT do any of his chores. You may get stuck with them forever.
38.gif

I''m happy to wait for a photo.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you
36.gif
, and so happy that you love it
30.gif
...but I really wanted to see pictures
39.gif
. But yeah, that is aton of work to take on
38.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Grrrr.... TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?
Deco, I cannot wait two weeks!
39.gif

Boo.

I am happy that you like it - and happy it''s only dos semanas till the big day, how exciting!

LOTS of pictures Deco. lots.

Scintillating....

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh great! Deco, I''m so glad you love it!
21.gif

If you didn''t, I had found this on ebay last night from 5th-ave-jewels:

5th-ave-jewels band.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 11:15:52 AM
Author: decodelighted
******* WEDDING BAND UPDATE *********

AND NOW THE *BAD* NEWS

4. The not-so-SWEETIE has confiscated it. He was home from work today ''cause of our road trip later ... HE opened the box .. HE''s taken possesion of it .. and HE says it''s not ''mine to play with'' until HE give it to me October 7th!
7.gif
6.gif
Oh Deco!
6.gif

Oh my gosh!
6.gif
I feel for you!
39.gif

Ok ... well, I guess were gonna be waiting!
11.gif

I just want to let you know that I am expecting my rings hopefully this week ... and hubby just asked a little bit ago "So, when are your rings going to be here?"

GASP!
33.gif
(Thinking about Deco) UH ... why??? ... Are you planning on confiscating them???

His reply: Maybe
11.gif

My Answer: Uh ... I don''t know ... maybe two - three more weeks.
2.gif

There is no way I am going to let on when I have them ... I think I would wrestle him to the ground for that particular package!
27.gif

Hang in there Deco ... I can''t wait to see the pics of your new ring!!!
35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 3:16:39 PM
Author: Scintillating
Grrrr.... TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?
39.gif
39.gif
try SIX WEEKS ... that''s more like it. October 7th!
23.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 7:47:34 PM
Author: lizz
I had found this on ebay last night from 5th-ave-jewels:
Gosh Lizz - that''s *lovely*. You got a great floral type band from them too didn''t ya?? And Woobug is a fan I think ... I have GOT to spend more time on Ebay -- between this and Fortekitty''s new Oval .. geez I am missing OUT!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2006 2:52:31 PM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
I just want to let you know that I am expecting my rings hopefully this week ... and hubby just asked a little bit ago 'So, when are your rings going to be here?'

GASP!
33.gif
(Thinking about Deco) UH ... why??? ... Are you planning on confiscating them???

His reply: Maybe
11.gif

AIIGHH!!! Men!
11.gif
That's too funny - though. I hope you wrestle it from his hot greedy hands!
9.gif

I nearly took off running out of yard with it on, during a "15 minute" play period I convinced him was "prudent" because of the return deadline. I swear - that clever fella took the batteries out of all the cell phones, both cameras & my camcorder BEFORE handing over "Sparkly Junior"
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THE "NON-CHORE-DOING" DECISION! Thanks guys!!!
2.gif

There's nothing I hate more than kitty litter duty.
20.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also support the non-chore bribe taking, doesn''t sound like much fun! Good luck waiting though, this is a lovely wedding band. Can''t wait to see pics and I''m sure you can''t either.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
***** MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH IN SNEAKINESS & NEGOTIATION ******

Yesterday, while the Sweetie was taking a nap ... I found his secret Deco''s wedding band hiding place. SOOOO of course I snatched the box, the camera and hid out in the bathroom (seriously!) for a mini photo shoot. (What can I say ... I was afraid he''d hear me snapping away!). The lighting was horrible, my props were few (strangely no fresh flowers in "the can") but I did the best I could. Stashed the ring back in it''s not-so-secret-anymore hiding place.... Then, found the magic camera cord & had almost downloaded all the images when he woke up. He didn''t catch me downloading, but he was hovering around being all alive & human & such. Spoiling my plans to download pix immediatly & let the *** hit the fan later.

Dahgum it! So - guilt crept in and I confessed. He thought it was funny that I''d found the ring & done my little ladies room photo shoot ... but, he said he wanted more time to decide if he''d be okay with me posting any pix. He really feels like the wedding day is the "unveiling" and until then it should just be between us - but also though he should reward me for my cleverness in finding the Sparkly Junior.

Cut to -- tonight. He said I could post ONE PICTURE. You know to us pscopers, that''s like "a bite" of an ice cream sundae. So I negotiated up to TWO. But that''s it. That''s all I can share. After much cropping & shuffling & agonizing over not having taken better shots in THE CAN ... I present .....

decowbandcu.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 9:42:23 PM
I present .....

Picked that one because it was the best close up view of the band ... and you guys already know what my e-ring looks like IN FOCUS
31.gif

And ... the only other one until October 7th ....which I picked because it was a combo of "top view" "long view/whole hand" and "side view" -- showing depth of band to depth of e-ring and kinda showing how the pave on the sides of my e-ring is echoed by the pave "sections" of the wedding band.

decowband2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2006 11:56:32 PM

TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THE ''NON-CHORE-DOING'' DECISION! Thanks guys!!!
2.gif
HI Decodelighted:

I have no idea what this means and it doesn''t really matter; but I think your w/b is verrryyyyy pretty
30.gif
....you happy?

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 9:56:15 PM
Author: canuk-gal
2.gif
HI
I have no idea what this means and it doesn''t really matter; but I think your w/b is verrryyyyy pretty
30.gif
....you happy?
LOL!! My fiance wasn''t gonna let me see "play with" or photograph, much less POST photos of "his"/MY wedding band unless I agreed to do his chores up to the wedding 10/7!!! Mercifully everyone said "Don''t do it!"
3.gif

As to your 2nd ?? ... I
30.gif
it! But I also love how my e-ring looks solo, and that''s the way I''ve been looking at it for almost a year now. I told my fiance my sneaky photo shoot & the subsequent gawking at all the photos is actually HELPING me get used to how they look TOGETHER. Soon "solo" will be a thing of the past & together will look "right". And I don''t mean anything negative about that NOW. I adore the way they look together ... better than any other band I tried, or have seen, for sure ... I''m just still "adjusting" my eyes. Does that make sense?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s so...........FUN! I think that has to be one of the most interesting and fun weddingbands I''ve ever seen! It''s a little thicker than I thought it''d be...but I like it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2006 10:05:18 PM

Date: 8/21/2006 9:56:15 PM
Author: canuk-gal

2.gif
HI
30.gif
....you happy?
LOL!! My fiance wasn''t gonna let me see ''play with'' or photograph, much less POST photos of ''his''/MY wedding band unless I agreed to do his chores up to the wedding 10/7!!! Mercifully everyone said ''Don''t do it!''
3.gif

As to your 2nd ?? ... I
30.gif
it! But I also love how my e-ring looks solo, and that''s the way I''ve been looking at it for almost a year now. I told my fiance my sneaky photo shoot & the subsequent gawking at all the photos is actually HELPING me get used to how they look TOGETHER. Soon ''solo'' will be a thing of the past & together will look ''right''. And I don''t mean anything negative about that NOW. I adore the way they look together ... better than any other band I tried, or have seen, for sure ... I''m just still ''adjusting'' my eyes. Does that make sense?
HI DD:

How could it be otherwise--I mean in inference to the ring and not the chores--SURELY that nonsense will cease post nuptuals LOLOLOL
2.gif
2.gif

Thing is, both of your ring choices are beautiful on their own, and together are a delightful fit. Sorry. Now I see four possiblilties for your eyes to adjust: ER alone, w/b alone, together/set, and perhaps NONE when you are doing the chores??????

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results