shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally ... the right band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I *FINALLY* might have found the right band to go with my e-ring ... and I was wondering if anyone has seen this band anywhere ELSE online but estatediamondjewelry.com. Or ... if anyone has gotten a ring from them & could reassure me re: quality etc.

I actually found the ring at a B&M near me ... but the 18K white gold version is $1100 ... and the platinum is probably over $2K (haven't gotten a quote yet - as the NYC distributor was closed for the weekend & they couldn't check current prices)

Estatediamondjewelry.com has what LOOKS like the SAME exact ring for $850 ... IN PLATINUM (which is what i really want to match my e-ring)

Sooooo.

1) Seen it elsewhere? Some place more commonly ordered from/trusted?

2) Whaddya think?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooops ... maybe it would help if I post a pix ...
3.gif

linkband.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
All I can say is that I love it!

Hopefully someone can give you some info on other places to buy or on the quality of estatediamondjewelry.com
1.gif

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
How about this one from faycullen.com? I see her name on pscope quite often:

hcl38

It''s $750 for WG, no quote for platinum.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Decodelighted, the ring you posted is sooo pretty!
30.gif
I love it and I think it will go well with your fab ering! Hopefully someone can do a mock-up pic of your ering with that band. Do they use ideal/premium diamonds? When is your wedding day? I think the ones on dimenscaasi are pretty too. One of my all time fave are the ones like firegoddess has, the alternating marquise and round look, just like the ones at Tiff's.
30.gif

OOh Molly, that one is gorgeous!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, love the band.
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco, i love it. i drool over that website quite often. I haven''t heard anything about the quality of their pieces though. widget might know something????

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it is very pretty. We were in similar situations with our wedding band search. Can you order it so you can see it stacked with your e-ring? I think that really helps. You will feel SOOO good once you make a decision!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions & opinions ladies!!

I like the Fay Cullen one and the Dimend Scassi ones that are *similar* ... but I''m really leaning toward just ordering the $850 estatediamondjewelry one and checking it out IN MY ACTUAL SIZE, and paying the 10% restocking fee if it''s not as good or better than the one at the B&M.

I love the B&M boutique where I tried it on with my ring (PRETTY!)... but I really don''t want to pay 2 1/2 times the cost for what could very possibly be the *same* ring. Especially if the design is so unique ... they''re probably getting it from the same place, no?

ACK - I feel oddly disloyal.

RASCAL ... hey girl, thanks for the support!

TACORI ... I''m SO glad to hear that getting this part over with feels GOOD! You sure got a beauty!

MOLLY & DIAMONDSEEKER 2006 ... thanks so much for the awesome links!

LEILA .. I don''t believe the ring at my local store -OR- the online version will have ideal cut diamonds, but that''s fine with me because my e-ring doesn''t either & I''d like them to be complementary. Date is coming up ... Oct 7th

LIZZ & MRSSALVO ... hey pals! I''m so glad you both like it, tastemakers, the two of you are!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, another sign we live parallel lives . . . our anniversary date is Oct. 5.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco. It is such a relief! I kind of like that it was such a process because it makes me more happy when I see it than if I had bought an already designed set. Does that sound odd? I totally understand you feeling about disloyal. I felt guilty we got FI''s ring online. Oct 7th will be here before you know it!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I had to comment, the band is BEATUIFUL!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey deco,

That band is beautiful & I think it would look great with your e-ring. I''ve never bought anything from estatediamondjewelry.com before, but have visited their booth in NYC. In fact, they were my second choice to make my wedding band. Their pieces are lovely & reasonably priced. The only downside to me was that they didn''t appear to be as heavily made as my e-ring. I asked Quest, who made my e-ring, for a quote to make the same w-band & the quote came in at or slightly below estatediamondjewelry''s price, so I went with Quest.

Maybe it would be worth getting a quote or 2 from a custom place to compare?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How about this one Deco?

ETA: i like squares there as they will play with your center.

Decoband.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 3:09:43 PM
Author: Pricescope
Here you go...

OOOOOH!!!! PURTY ... nothing like monday a.m. photoshop EYE CANDY!!
18.gif
Thanks for the visual!

That band is very pretty too - I agree about the squares - but I dunno if I love it 2x more $''s worth. In fact ... I still think I like the "link" one better. I realized why I''m so drawn to it ... it resembles my Grandma''s wedding ring.

Oh, & for anyone peepin at the pix ... the scale of the "link" one on my hand is a lot like the first pix of the "alternating square/marquise band".

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe today is the day ...
23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a tiny MQ and tiny asscher in that band? That could be amazing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! Some asschers or baguettes would be nice to complement the e-ring.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! A clever way of incorporating rounds into a wedding band for an asscher e-ring! I, too, would love to see how your e-ring looks with a baguette wedding band.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Deco ~
emrose.gif

I
emlove.gif
love
emlove.gif
your Ering! It is so classy!
face23.gif

I would love to see what your ring looks like with a band that has bag''s in it.

I saw some rings ... don''t even know if you would like them
emquestion.gif
... just throwing out some ideas ...

35.gif

View attachment thewaywewere1a.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this will post ... I haven''t had much luck with the firenze site and being able to copy and post.

This one is similar to the one you posted.

35.gif

View attachment firenze 1.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You "Darlin" girls sure like your bags!!
3.gif

WOW thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I def did consider more step cuts (as I surely do love ''em) but when I saw them paired with my e-ring ... seemed kinda "blah" like "more of the same" ... everything just blended all together. And nothing had the "snap" of RBs. I also didn''t like rounds that were big enough to really tell they were rounds from a distance.

I guess what appeals to me about "link ring" is that

** the RING forces the shape (cut cornered like the Asscher) not the individual stones
** there isn''t TOO much pattern (just three "segments" will show on the top of my finger)
** it doesn''t have to lie FLUSH, because the eye breaks it up anyway with the segmenting ... AND ... best of all ..
** RB style sparkle

Since I got "Ol'' Stabby" last November ... I''ve been through dozens of ideas about this dern band. I super hope I''m still in love with this one ... when IT ARRIVES IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS.
11.gif

Oh yeah, and like FOREVER & stuff
31.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one you posted best! I drool over their jewellery every chance I get :)

My engagement ring is from fay cullen and I didn''t have the best of luck with them. They resized it all wonky, wouldn''t admit to doing so, and I had to pay $110 out of pocket for repairs from a local jeweller because they couldn''t take the time to resize a ring from 6 to 7.25 properly when they first did it. I''m sure buying new from them is different and I love their stuff, but the whole ordeal and their lack of taking responsibility irked me to no end.

This isn''t the most navigatable site, but they always have lots of stuff (I looked at two other websites for you but didn''t have time to get through this one as well, sorry):
http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Deco! That "link" band looks perfect!

I know just what you mean about wanting the pop of RB''s but not so much that they look like RB''s. I think that is going to be gorgeous!

Did you order it yet?

Did you find a barn?
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 6:12:25 PM
Author:decodelighted

I actually found the ring at a B&M near me ... but the 18K white gold version is $1100 ... and the platinum is probably over $2K (haven''t gotten a quote yet - as the NYC distributor was closed for the weekend & they couldn''t check current prices)

Estatediamondjewelry.com has what LOOKS like the SAME exact ring for $850 ... IN PLATINUM (which is what i really want to match my e-ring)
Did you think of going back and doing a bit of gentle bargaining? That''s what I''d do, first.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco...I love the bands posted here, but the quality seems...somewhat lacking. (I have also heard as such by some who have ordered rings from there.) I bet you could get Quest or someone to do the band (like Brightspot did by copying my art deco style band) and have it done really well. The workmanship seems somewhat lacking on those, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results