clarity

#JOTW Finally sharing my HG upgrade - 5.74 ct OMB in two-tone DK bezel

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
You persevered. The ring is lovely.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Congratulations @sweetpea&babycorn for all your accomplishments! You definitely deserve this and it is gorgeous!
I'm sooo happy for you and wish you the best!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I finally have the chance and energy to share my HG upgrade that many of you helped with back in the winter. I'll share back story for this upgrade and if you're looking for the good stuff, scroll down :)

I felt like I rushed through this upgrade a little bit (I am instant gratification's greatest fan), but I'm so glad I did because this stone is stunning, and I can't believe it's mine. I first contemplated this upgrade when I finished my medical fellowship and got my first real job at the ripe age of 35. The year leading up to that though, was one of the hardest of my life. I had no idea how hard it was balancing my career and being a mom, and the impact of the pandemic had me questioning my career path and my worth in the healthcare system. Then, my father in law, who was just one of the kindest people I ever knew, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It felt like it came out of nowhere. Caring for someone you love so much versus caring for a patient in your hospital with the same condition are completely different in ways that words can't describe. He passed away in October, 14 months after his diagnosis. Looking back at the last year and half, and everything that happened, it's hard to believe we got through it.

I've always gone through life feeling like things that should be huge accomplishments are just a part of life. The need to celebrate my accomplishments never came as naturally to me as I think it should have (thanks childhood trauma). But this year felt really different. I busted my butt through training (college degree, masters degree, medical school, residency, and fellowship = 16 years), became a mom, was in the deepest trenches of taking care of a terminally ill loved one, and landed a job where I could actually achieve financial wellness and comfort. I think I finally started to see my worth and truly acknowledge my hard work. So I made the decision to go for the upgrade for me (with my husband's blessing, of course).

I never thought I would find my stone doing a simple search of "old mine diamond" on eBay. The diamond was initially set in a double halo in rose gold and was way over my budget. I thought the stone had so much potential that I wondered if they would sell it loose. I messaged the seller expecting them to say no, but they said yes (AHH!). Then came the hard part of tons of back and forth with messages, videos, and pictures; getting advice from members of this forum; and deciding whether it was my true HG. From the very wise folks here, I can now wholeheartedly agree that when you see something and your heart jumps, then trust your gut, and don't overthink it. I fell in love with the diamond as soon as I saw it, and kept going back to this one even while searching everywhere else for a better deal, or maybe something different that I could be happy with but maybe didn't feel like the one.

The seller was a dream to work with (maybe another sign that this stone was meant to be), and they sent it directly to David Klass, who patiently worked with me for 2 months to finalize the CADs. The final product is a beautiful milgrain bezel halo with a petal gallery motif in platinum with a mixed 14K RG and 18K YG shank with milgrain on the edges.

In every way this feels like a dream come true, and I'm going to enjoy the crap out of wearing this until I'm ready to pass it on to hopefully someone who would appreciate it as much as I do.

Finally, without further ado, here she is :)

Stone:
5.74 carat old mine brilliant
GIA N, SI1
10.89 x 10.83 x 7.00 mm

Setting:
DK two-tone (platinum head, peach gold [RG + YG] shank) milgrain bezel
Size 6.25 with sizing beads

Pictures and videos:

Diamond in the original setting:
IMG_2829.jpg

Diamond loose:
48180756-A5F3-49A6-997C-24C28B1CD7FC.JPG

699640C3-613B-41A5-A584-BA93488404E4.JPG

Videos from the vendor:

Diamond in her lovely cozy home:
IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

Videos in various lighting (second one was when we were at an AMAZING restaurant in Portland, Maine for our anniversary and husband's birthday called Central Provisions, I highly recommend you try if you're in that city!)

Thank you for allowing me to share this wonderful treasure, and thanks to all the PSers who helped in my journey. I am oh so very grateful! :appl:

Congrats on your HG and to your lifelong achievements! You ring is gorgeous and you have fabulous hands. I’m very sorry to hear about your father- in- law. Enjoy your ring in good health.

Btw, Central Provisions is one of our faves in Portland :). Happy anniversary!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! What a lovely, sparkly, charming diamond in the perfect setting. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments, and also for getting through life's difficult times with grace and compassion. Enjoy this dream ring!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I finally have the chance and energy to share my HG upgrade that many of you helped with back in the winter. I'll share back story for this upgrade and if you're looking for the good stuff, scroll down :)

I felt like I rushed through this upgrade a little bit (I am instant gratification's greatest fan), but I'm so glad I did because this stone is stunning, and I can't believe it's mine. I first contemplated this upgrade when I finished my medical fellowship and got my first real job at the ripe age of 35. The year leading up to that though, was one of the hardest of my life. I had no idea how hard it was balancing my career and being a mom, and the impact of the pandemic had me questioning my career path and my worth in the healthcare system. Then, my father in law, who was just one of the kindest people I ever knew, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It felt like it came out of nowhere. Caring for someone you love so much versus caring for a patient in your hospital with the same condition are completely different in ways that words can't describe. He passed away in October, 14 months after his diagnosis. Looking back at the last year and half, and everything that happened, it's hard to believe we got through it.

I've always gone through life feeling like things that should be huge accomplishments are just a part of life. The need to celebrate my accomplishments never came as naturally to me as I think it should have (thanks childhood trauma). But this year felt really different. I busted my butt through training (college degree, masters degree, medical school, residency, and fellowship = 16 years), became a mom, was in the deepest trenches of taking care of a terminally ill loved one, and landed a job where I could actually achieve financial wellness and comfort. I think I finally started to see my worth and truly acknowledge my hard work. So I made the decision to go for the upgrade for me (with my husband's blessing, of course).

I never thought I would find my stone doing a simple search of "old mine diamond" on eBay. The diamond was initially set in a double halo in rose gold and was way over my budget. I thought the stone had so much potential that I wondered if they would sell it loose. I messaged the seller expecting them to say no, but they said yes (AHH!). Then came the hard part of tons of back and forth with messages, videos, and pictures; getting advice from members of this forum; and deciding whether it was my true HG. From the very wise folks here, I can now wholeheartedly agree that when you see something and your heart jumps, then trust your gut, and don't overthink it. I fell in love with the diamond as soon as I saw it, and kept going back to this one even while searching everywhere else for a better deal, or maybe something different that I could be happy with but maybe didn't feel like the one.

The seller was a dream to work with (maybe another sign that this stone was meant to be), and they sent it directly to David Klass, who patiently worked with me for 2 months to finalize the CADs. The final product is a beautiful milgrain bezel halo with a petal gallery motif in platinum with a mixed 14K RG and 18K YG shank with milgrain on the edges.

In every way this feels like a dream come true, and I'm going to enjoy the crap out of wearing this until I'm ready to pass it on to hopefully someone who would appreciate it as much as I do.

Stone:
GIA N, SI1
10.89 x 10.83 x 7.00 mm

Setting:

Pictures and videos:

IMG_2829.jpg

Diamond loose:

Videos from the vendor:

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

Videos in various lighting (second one was when we were at an AMAZING restaurant in Portland, Maine for our anniversary and husband's birthday called Central Provisions, I highly recommend you try if you're in that city!)

Thank you for allowing me to share this wonderful treasure, and thanks to all the PSers who helped in my journey. I am oh so very grateful! :appl:

Congratulations on all of your achievements!! Enjoy your new ring she's a real beauty!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looooove this!!! You so deserve it!

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Stunning ring! This looks amazing :)!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone:
GIA N, SI1
10.89 x 10.83 x 7.00 mm

Setting:

Pictures and videos:

IMG_2829.jpg

Diamond loose:

Videos from the vendor:

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

Wow! Just Spectacular!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So very beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy the ring!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I wish for continued healing in your family and am sorry for your loss.

This is a spectacular diamond! As far as ebay finds, you and ForteKitty have, as Liam Neeson would say, "A particular set of skills." This is amazing! Congratulations!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful, and so well-deserved. This ring represents your resilience, dedication, and capacity for love. Enjoy it - and everything that led you to this point - to the absolute fullest!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the kind comments, especially regarding my FIL. He is very missed and was a huge part of helping to get me where I am.

I have so much to be grateful for in my life, but having this ring is such a treasure and one that really does symbolize how far I’ve come, and all the work I’ve done to wear all of life’s different hats (sometimes many at once) and be really happy doing it.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
The diamond is magnificent, and the setting is perfection! Congratulations on persevering through life's twists and turns with grace. I am sorry to hear about your FIL and I hope peace will come to you and stay with you. You deserve this beauty and I wish you many years of enjoying her. She looks fabulous on you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAZINGA! Congratulations on this holy grail of a ring! Beautiful. :appl:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for your loss.. Congratulations on your ring it’s an absolute dream. Wear in health and happiness You deserve it.

Skymonkey2000

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is a gorgeous stone!!! I’m in love. Congratulations on all you hard work during such a difficult time. Wear it with love

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely stone and ring. Enjoy!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your loss.

Gorgeous ring that looks Fab on your hand!!! Enjoy and congrats!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Awww thank you!! This feels so much more glamorous than wiping my kid’s snot for the last 4 straight days!

Really, this is so cool and it made my week!

blueGwen

Rough_Rock
So so so beautiful!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have been through a lot, I'm sorry for your loss, but also congrats on the baby and becoming a doctor. This ring is stunning and makes such a presence, well deserved!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, you have been on quite a journey! I admire how hard you obviously worked to accomplish all that you have while having a child and suffering the loss of your dear father-in-law.

I was one who wasn't sure about that stone from initial pictures, but your close up picture in your avatar shows how very beautiful the stone really is in it's new setting! :kiss2: Now it will definitely be a lovely reminder of your dedication and perseverance. I wish you much happiness in your medical career and life in general!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning reset. Wear with fond memories…

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This ring & stone is just so unbelievably stunning that I cant bear to look at it for longer than a few seconds or the little magpie devil on my shoulder starts telling me it's time to sell that kidney to find my own 5ct! :lol:

Congratulations on becoming a mama, having enough strength, perseverance, & determination to go to school & a rigorous path at that, All while dealing with life's ups & downs!

Women are incredibly strong yet we are able to keep our hearts tender: It is truly something special & to be celebrated. ❤

I'm so sorry for your loss but I have no doubt that caring for him has taught you invaluable knowledge that will help you connect with your patients & ultimately change their loves & touch them in ways you cannot yet imagine.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy, & when you start questioning your value or worth or determination I hope you can glance down & let this ring be a symbol of all you've accomplished.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Reading about your life's accomplishments you deserve this amazing antique stone and gorgeous ring. Your choices are phenomenal. Never seen mixed yellow and rose gold; is that on the shank? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

May God continue to comfort and heal you and your family on the loss of your father-in-law. He sounds like such a wonderful man. Hang in there girl, you've chosen such a challenging career path, especially during these crazy times.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I see now the bezel is two tone. Couldn't tell from the pictures. Cool idea!

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results