shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally, my PrinceCut (scissor cut) in its platinum art deco style french cut ruby and diamond halo ring

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:Wow! Now that is GORGEOUS!!!!! :kiss2:

Holy guacamole!!!!! Breathtaking.

Simply STUNNING!!

It’s a great version of the classic target ring.

Absolutely breathtaking!

What a beautiful cut, it looks stunning on you!!

oooh la la oui oui!!! gorgeous

Thanks everyone, I am really pleased how it came out

I loved the first way you set it and as I’m reading I was sad you changed it, then BANG! WOW!!!! I love halos with colored stones. Yours is incredible. Will you wear a wedding band along side of it?

I know, I couldn't believe it when I first got it back from the jewellers re-set with the trapezoids and felt just a little bit underwhelmed. The setting was technically really nice, and I had always wanted trapezoid side stones on one of my rings. I felt really strange about it - I knew it was a lovely ring, and I loved the PrinceCut, but I kept noticing that I was reaching for other rings to wear before this one. It seemed such a shame after I had taken so long finding the PrinceCut, but my husband said "if its not right then change it" and I'm so pleased he encouraged me to do it.

I designed it so I could wear a band next to it if I wanted but I probably won't as its going to be a right hand ring. I wanted the underside of the setting completely open, even though I like the look of the intricate wire-work on some of the target rings, because I wanted maximum access for cleaning.

20201214_113830.jpg

At the risk of being boring, here are a couple more pics :D

20201214_114247.jpg 20201214_114240.jpg

20201214_114334.jpg 20201214_110118.jpg
20201214_105930.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, I am really pleased how it came out

I know, I couldn't believe it when I first got it back from the jewellers re-set with the trapezoids and felt just a little bit underwhelmed. The setting was technically really nice, and I had always wanted trapezoid side stones on one of my rings. I felt really strange about it - I knew it was a lovely ring, and I loved the PrinceCut, but I kept noticing that I was reaching for other rings to wear before this one. It seemed such a shame after I had taken so long finding the PrinceCut, but my husband said "if its not right then change it" and I'm so pleased he encouraged me to do it.

I designed it so I could wear a band next to it if I wanted but I probably won't as its going to be a right hand ring. I wanted the underside of the setting completely open, even though I like the look of the intricate wire-work on some of the target rings, because I wanted maximum access for cleaning.

20201214_113830.jpg

At the risk of being boring, here are a couple more pics :D

20201214_114247.jpg 20201214_114240.jpg

20201214_114334.jpg 20201214_110118.jpg
20201214_105930.jpg

Nope! Not boring at all! :kiss2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is stunning!

Thank you. I see from your avatar that you too are a fan of coloured stone side stones with a diamond centre. That's a very pretty 3 stone!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! and WOW! The journey really paid off! Just stunning!!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! and WOW! The journey really paid off! Just stunning!!

Thank you. Speaking of the journey - I just found my original thread discussing proprietary scissor cuts and light return and it was started back in 2017 o_O I like to do my research, (no-one could ever accuse me of rushing into my bling purchases) but 3 years is a record, even for me :lol:

Here was my original thread, which features some other scissor cut eye candy :love::

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring and that stone is a find! I loved it in the before but her new dress just really suits her. Perfect in every way!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The recent hand shots are even more amazing. She really looks white. LOVE IT!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunner!!! Just gorgeous, and so fun to read your journey!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection. The french cut rubies really make it incredible. Great idea with perfect execution.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is stupendous! Beautiful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was lovely before, but it’s really quite stunning now :kiss2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring and that stone is a find! I loved it in the before but her new dress just really suits her. Perfect in every way!
The recent hand shots are even more amazing. She really looks white. LOVE IT!
What a stunner!!! Just gorgeous, and so fun to read your journey!
Perfection. The french cut rubies really make it incredible. Great idea with perfect execution.
That is stupendous! Beautiful!
Wow this is just lovely!
It was lovely before, but it’s really quite stunning now :kiss2:
Thanks everyone, for the lovely compliments =)2

The sun finally came out today, so of course I had to take some more photos :D

20201217_105759.jpg 20201217_111324.jpg 20201217_113254.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Speaking of the journey - I just found my original thread discussing proprietary scissor cuts and light return and it was started back in 2017 o_O I like to do my research, (no-one could ever accuse me of rushing into my bling purchases) but 3 years is a record, even for me :lol:

Here was my original thread, which features some other scissor cut eye candy :love::

That is so great you are patient enough to do that! It has really paid off not only is this ring but the ring in your avatar! Just beautiful! I am too impatient, don't have a big budget, and because I truly love unique pieces of jewelry, I have to trust what my eyes tell me. At age 55, it is getting harder to trust. Thank God for a jeweler's loupe and some reading glasses! LOL!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so great you are patient enough to do that! It has really paid off not only is this ring but the ring in your avatar! Just beautiful! I am too impatient, don't have a big budget, and because I truly love unique pieces of jewelry, I have to trust what my eyes tell me. At age 55, it is getting harder to trust. Thank God for a jeweler's loupe and some reading glasses! LOL!

Thank you. I tend to think that the tighter the budget, the more patience is required to get what you want without having to pay a fortune for it. Budget has definitely had a part to play in my snails-pace acquisitions, both with the ring in my avatar and the PrinceCut ring. I never feel completely happy with a piece of jewellery unless it is not only beautiful but also a bargain. And that tends to narrow the shopping options down quite a lot.

I actually think that if I had an unlimited supply of funds and could just walk into any high end jeweller and buy whatever I wanted it would take away a large amount of the fun of collecting. I do love a project! :D But only if its an amazingly good value project :lol: The problem comes when you add to this a long list of criteria for the "perfect" stone or the "perfect" jewellery item that must also be met within the budget. I have honestly driven myself to distraction at times wondering if I'm being overly picky or too tight with the purse-strings to be able to end up getting what I want. :wall:But when it all comes together (finally) the sense of satisfaction is unbeatable. :dance:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just had a slight panic when I saw this photo so enlarged as it looks like something strange is going on with one of the halo rubies (on the right of the photo). :eek2: Having louped it thoroughly the rubies are still in perfect condition so it must just be reflections in the photo. So I am pleased (and extremely relieved) to confirm that rubies were harmed during this photo shoot :D :lol:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I tend to think that the tighter the budget, the more patience is required to get what you want without having to pay a fortune for it. Budget has definitely had a part to play in my snails-pace acquisitions, both with the ring in my avatar and the PrinceCut ring. I never feel completely happy with a piece of jewellery unless it is not only beautiful but also a bargain. And that tends to narrow the shopping options down quite a lot.

I actually think that if I had an unlimited supply of funds and could just walk into any high end jeweller and buy whatever I wanted it would take away a large amount of the fun of collecting. I do love a project! :D But only if its an amazingly good value project :lol: The problem comes when you add to this a long list of criteria for the "perfect" stone or the "perfect" jewellery item that must also be met within the budget. I have honestly driven myself to distraction at times wondering if I'm being overly picky or too tight with the purse-strings to be able to end up getting what I want. :wall:But when it all comes together (finally) the sense of satisfaction is unbeatable. :dance:

diamondhoarder, I don't know how you found this Prince cut at all, let alone on a budget. The very few I saw online were pretty dismal and yours is astounding. Very well done, finding the quality/value nexus. Having a budget myself, I admire your discipline.
Now I'm taken with that sort of cut now, thinking of reaching out to Ankit Nadol to have him cut me a modest criss-cross moissanite. ( He did the only nice moissy I own, a lovely .50 ct. OEC.) I'll mention Prince cut, maybe he'll accept the challenge.
What became of the Asscher you ordered? I know you returned a lab-grown for underwhelming performance, but I remember another diamond after that. Are you keeping it? The 1.7-something that faced up so big.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring! Certainly unique and what a fiery diamond! Congrats on this stunner❤️

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondhoarder, I don't know how you found this Prince cut at all, let alone on a budget. The very few I saw online were pretty dismal and yours is astounding. Very well done, finding the quality/value nexus. Having a budget myself, I admire your discipline.
Now I'm taken with that sort of cut now, thinking of reaching out to Ankit Nadol to have him cut me a modest criss-cross moissanite. ( He did the only nice moissy I own, a lovely .50 ct. OEC.) I'll mention Prince cut, maybe he'll accept the challenge.
What became of the Asscher you ordered? I know you returned a lab-grown for underwhelming performance, but I remember another diamond after that. Are you keeping it? The 1.7-something that faced up so big.

Thanks. I honestly think that is was a combination of luck and sheer bull-headed persistence that found me the PrinceCut. :D Your criss-cut moissy project sounds very interesting, I hope you can get something beautiful and unique, I will look forward to seeing the photos. There is a vendor on Etsy who had a couple of pairs of crisscut moissy's which looked nicely cut, although they were asscher outline shape rather than emerald. It might be worth contacting them to see if they have any other options available that might fit what you are looking for.

As far as the asscher you asked about, I did spend quite some time deliberating over it, and it ticked many boxes but ultimately it did not pass my strict quality control. :roll::wall: The windmills were slightly mis-shapen - they started out wide because of the wide corners, but then suddenly went very narrow under the table and that seemed to detract from the symmetry and general asscher look I have come to expect from this cut. There was also a dark area under the table in certain lighting conditions that I just couldnt get past.

I have started to think that the asscher that meets ALL of my expectations may not even exist. :doh::think: Will that stop me searching for and obsessing over asschers? Erm.......... :lol::lol: But to be honest I'm far less inclined to spend out on a sizeable asscher now that I have my PrinceCut ring which does meet all of my criteria, and then some! However, I can see how the idea of a line of smaller asschers twinkling and flashing seductively might be an attractive prospect......;)2:cool2:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
If the PrinceCut makes you happier, where's the issue? And your suggestion of several small Asschers, ooh, shiver. A band of those under your new ring?!? Whoa.

Husband and wife jeweler team in Neenah, the Slavens, are GIA grads and made each others' wedding rings. Hers is an eternity band of vivid yellow Asschers with white RB top and bottom. I can barely look the woman in the face, I just want to grab her hand and stare at that ring.

There are a number of Asscher bands on this forum on the hands of those with truly exquisite taste. You're in that category. I'm grateful to be here learning from those who have an eye.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results