shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Nail Polishes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 2:09:50 PM
Author: Christa
I kind of like the look of this one--Sassy Satchel. Dark, but it wouldn''t be mistaken for black.

Vixon looks a lot like that.

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
To get the dark color in the bottle of Clutch Me..., you need three coats, unfortunately.
8.gif
It has a gel-like consistency that makes it very transparent for a dark color. But it gives it a lot of shine.

I have Sassy Satchel. It''s really pretty, but leans toward the purple side of burgundy more than the red side, so it''s not one of my faves. Maybe I just wasn''t in the mood for it the day I applied it, though.

Mara: Did you get your polish order yet? I am excited to hear about it!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 2:51:42 PM
Author: Oleander
To get the dark color in the bottle of Clutch Me..., you need three coats, unfortunately.
8.gif
It has a gel-like consistency that makes it very transparent for a dark color. But it gives it a lot of shine.

I have Sassy Satchel. It''s really pretty, but leans toward the purple side of burgundy more than the red side, so it''s not one of my faves. Maybe I just wasn''t in the mood for it the day I applied it, though.

That''s good to know. So Oleander, since you seem the be the nail polish guru, do you have recommedation for a nice dark brown?

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 3:00:51 PM
Date: 10/3/2006 2:51:42 PM

8.gif

That''s good to know. So Oleander, since you seem the be the nail polish guru, do you have recommedation for a nice dark brown?

9.gif
Nail polish is definitely an obsession/hobby of mine, second only to diamonds, but I can actually afford nail polish.

Dark brown: creme or shimmer?

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 3:06:11 PM

9.gif
Nail polish is definitely an obsession/hobby of mine, second only to diamonds, but I can actually afford nail polish.

Dark brown: creme or shimmer?
Creme, opaque, and not something that will look black. And no purple or orange. What does that bring up in your database?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christa, I saw Essie''s lady godiva (I think that was the name) it was a very pretty dark brown.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven't placed my order yet, it's still sitting on the screen at my computer at home. i should do it today or tomorrow. i just got distracted and wanted to think about it for a day or so before doing the order. though it won't be that much! i just have decision anxiety...hahaha.

The Lady Godiva is in my cart so far!

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 5:03:28 PM
Author: Mara
is that last one you posted Espresso your Style, Oleander?...

They are both Espresso Your Style; indirect and direct lighting.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Oleander! I'm not finding Lady Godiva or Over the Knee on 8ty8 . . . am I missing something, or is their selection just a little limited?

ETA: OK, now I'm afraid it's just that I'm an idiot, but I can't find either of those on Enailsupply, either. Can someone clue me in?

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
One more question . . would you say Lady Godiva is lighter, darker, or about the same as OPI Espresso?

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 5:20:37 PM
Thanks, Oleander! I''m not finding Lady Godiva or Over the Knee on 8ty8 . . . am I missing something, or is their selection just a little limited?

ETA: OK, now I''m afraid it''s just that I''m an idiot, but I can''t find either of those on Enailsupply, either. Can someone clue me in?

Over the Knee (#521) is on the first Essie page, part of the Fall Collection 2005. ( Essie Page 1 )
Lady Godiva (#489) is on the same first Essie page, part of the "Luscious" Fall Collection 2004.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LG is definitely on 8ty8 and the other one she posted...Its in my cart.

I think its on the last page? Or the bottom of the first page actually. There are about 6 pages of each brand, so definitely a lot of colors!

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 5:25:17 PM
One more question . . would you say Lady Godiva is lighter, darker, or about the same as OPI Espresso?

I''d say they are about the same level of darkness at their base, but since Godiva is a creme, it may appear a bit darker and deeper without the shimmer to brighten it up.

Now I REALLY have to get my housework done. I keep checking this thread.
3.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 5:33:53 PM

Date: 10/3/2006 5:20:37 PM
Thanks, Oleander! I''m not finding Lady Godiva or Over the Knee on 8ty8 . . . am I missing something, or is their selection just a little limited?

ETA: OK, now I''m afraid it''s just that I''m an idiot, but I can''t find either of those on Enailsupply, either. Can someone clue me in?

Over the Knee (#521) is on the first Essie page, part of the Fall Collection 2005. ( Essie Page 1 )
Lady Godiva (#489) is on the same first Essie page, part of the ''Luscious'' Fall Collection 2004.
Thanks . . . we now have confirmation that I''m an idiot. I just didn''t scroll down far enough.
5.gif
And I''m going to leave this thread alone now too . . .

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone else gotten their order from enailsupply yet? I have yet to receive mine, and I placed the order on 9/27! I am hoping it will come tomorrow. I was a bit bummed when they sent me an email that two out of the twelve colors that I chose were not available - boo - had I known that I would have chosen something else at the time of check -out!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 7:36:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 6/8/2006 12:17:33 PM

Author: Mara

Hehe I think I have seen that Mrs S. It totally doesn''t work for me though because my feet are pretty dark dark in the summer and then I think I look like my feet are diseased or something because it''s too much of a contrast!! I actually love doing french on the toes, but I don''t think I could pull off the whole white toe thing. Take a picture for us of yours and post it! I wanna see.

ok, i can''t believe I actually took a picture of my foot
37.gif
it''s a good thing hubby isn''t home or he''d think I''d lost it for sure
9.gif
. I tried to get the most realistic pic of the color. my skin is a little darker than the picture shows but of course we all know you can''t really tell color on a computer monitor
9.gif

WOW!!! That looks GREAT Mrs.Sal

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
My daughter LOVES nail polish. Some polishes are too "thick" that we buy at the drugstore, they end op just peeling off. What are some good polishes in nice colors (and some funkier colors) and where could I get them and not pay 8$ a bottle?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine, just check out the links that are all throughout this thread...there are a ton of polish suggestions in here on every page. There are also a bunch of website links where you can get polishes online for cheaper. In the stores I guess they are still $7-8.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 8:25:41 AM
Author: MINE!!
My daughter LOVES nail polish. Some polishes are too 'thick' that we buy at the drugstore, they end op just peeling off. What are some good polishes in nice colors (and some funkier colors) and where could I get them and not pay 8$ a bottle?
Essie and OPI seem to be everyone's favorite brands, and a couple of pages back Oleander posted a link to 8ty8beauty.com, which has great prices.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Another question for Oleander.
5.gif
What polish are you wearing in your pictures over in Rocky Talky? Is that Espresso?

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 5:12:10 PM
5.gif
What polish are you wearing in your pictures over in Rocky Talky? Is that Espresso?

In the pictures of my new diamond band? That is one of my fave drugstore polishes: Milani Black Cherry. This is absolutely so dark it looks black except in the most bright light when it shows a slight reddish purple shimmer, and dark red undertones. It''s very very dark. Truly looks like a black cherry. I buy it at CVS, but some Walgreen''s carry Milani, and maybe Rite-Aid.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 11:01:15 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 9/28/2006 4:05:17 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
So someone on here plugged enailsupply.com and I cracked and made a large purchase. They are offering a deal of no shipping costs with orders $55.00 and over. Thought I''d share - I got 12 OPI and Essie polishes! They do have great prices, especially since when I did buy my Mademoiselle originally, I paid $7.00 - on this site it lists it as $5.20. A good deal
36.gif
I wonder how often they offer this deal? I have placed myself on shopping restriction for the next month or so (we''ll be going on some fun weekend trips and I need to save my spending money for those, he hee), but I would love to take advantage of this deal towards Christmas--I don''t really need 12 more bottles of polish, but would love to get some for friends/co-workers! I did take a look at the website, and they have so much more than just polishes...drool!

Rosebud, have you been shopping enailsupply for long? Do you know how often they do the free shipping? Even without the free shipping, $5.20 is a great deal for Essie!

Christa and Diamondfan, you have me intrigued about this Quarter of a Cent Cherry! I am a big fan of browns as well, but DH hates bright reds...also, my skin has yellow undertones and I have to be careful about the right red shades. It''s so hard to tell from the websites exactly what the shades will look like in reality, I guess I will have to look for this shade next time I go shopping for nail polish.
35.gif
monarch: this is the first time I bought something online from enailsupply. I just got all 10 polishes today. I am not sure how long they do the free shipping deal - but $5.20 is not bad, especially when it retails $7.00 in beauty supply stores. I ordered:
* OPI - I Love this Color!''
* OPI - Talk of the Town Brown ( a brown/copper)
* Essie - Steppin'' Out
* Essie - Private Cabana
* Essie - National Velvet
* Essie - Glitzy Guilders
* Essie - Forget Me Not
* Essie - Blanc (white - for french)
* Essie - Hot Commodity (maybe to wear on New Years''! It is a deep dark vampy red with sparkles)
* Essie - Pink Glove Service (since Mara and others recommended it)

and yes they do have other products other than polish! I tried to restrict myself this time!
31.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 5:53:31 PM

Date: 10/4/2006 5:12:10 PM
5.gif

In the pictures of my new diamond band? That is one of my fave drugstore polishes: Milani Black Cherry. This is absolutely so dark it looks black except in the most bright light when it shows a slight reddish purple shimmer, and dark red undertones. It's very very dark. Truly looks like a black cherry. I buy it at CVS, but some Walgreen's carry Milani, and maybe Rite-Aid.
Jenniegirl's (I think that's her name?) 7-pointer thread is the one I'm talking about. I was about to order OPI Espresso, but then I was afraid that was it.
5.gif
It looks nice on you, but too dark for me. Love the rings, though!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I FINALLY got around to placing my order today...I ordered from Head2Toe and the total for 8 things was $32 including shipping. Not bad!!

Here's what I got:

Essie Clutch Me if you Can
Essie Lady Godiva
Essie Wicked
OPI Espresso Your Style (love the shimmers in the picture you posted Oleander, that is perfect for the holidays!)
OPI Smokin in Havana (the one I tried on at the salon recently and LOVED it)

Also got the Seche clear base coat and Seche I'm Out the Door as well to try them out. Oh and a Polish Corrector Pen since I figure that could come in handy for the dark polishes and twitchy hands.

I chose USPS Priority because it's 2-3 days anywhere in the US and I personally hate UPS Ground, it always takes like 2x as long as USPS and is typically just as expensive if not more.

Did anyone else order/get their order yet? Hopefully mine will be here by Wed if not Tues!!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a few things from 8ty8 on Thursday . . . I''m holding out hope that they could possibly come today. I also got Espresso Your Style, along with Essie Pink Glove Service, Essie Iced Chai Latte (looks like a good sheer for a non-pink French manicure), and OPI Dulce de Leche. And then I got sucked in to all their super cheap nail supplies that didn''t add to my shipping cost at all--polish corrector pen, cuticle softener and some other stuff. They have Redi base and top coats for 1.50! Has anyone used those? I don''t need either one right now, but I''m thinking I''ll try it next time. I ordered nine items all together for $7 shipping. Woo hoo!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I am anxiously awaiting you gals to receive your orders from Head2Toe and 8ty8 before I bite the bullet and spend more money, lol! I noticed a difference in prices between enailsupply.com and 8ty8...I think enailsupply''s Essie colors were $5.20, and 8ty8''s were $3.50. Wonder why one''s almost $2 cheaper than the other?

I''ve been using my Seche Vite base coat, Essie Ballet Slippers, and Seche Vite top coat for almost 2 weeks now (aka two home manicures) and I have to say I am really pleased with these products. The top coat really does dry my nails quickly--today I was getting ready to go get my hair done, and I realized I needed to re-do my polish (can''t be going in the salon with yucky nails, lest I be tempted to get a $30 manicure while there
20.gif
), so I did my nails, base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat, and they were dry by the time I got through the ATM and parked by the salon (about 15 minutes!) OK, I have maybe 2 teeny little air bubbles, but for a quick job, I''ll take it. I think I''ll re-polish them tomorrow with Wicked--I still haven''t tried it!

Crossing my fingers that everyone gets their order and it all works out!
35.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I got my order from 8ty8 today! Wow, they''re in NY, I''m on OR, I placed my order on Thursday and got it on Saturday. hrd to beat that! Everything is as ordered, and they also sent me an Essie color chart and a sample size bottle of Essie Good-to-Go topcoat.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Christa...now lets see those nails! hehe.

I have to have something to tide me over til Tues!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, like I skipped to the end of this thread after reading the beginning a while back...I just wanted to say that I broke down and had some tips put on yesterday with the solfera (something like that, can''t remember) white and pink powders, and then they dabbed on buffing cream and hand buffed each to a permanent shine. No polish needed. Love love love it. I had been trying to grow mine out forever and this usually snaps me out of messing with them (I don''t bite, I peel-I know, yuck) for a while.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries, Justjulia, sometimes you just need that favorite manicure (or tips) to make ya feel good. I know plenty of gals who''ve had tips on forever and can''t imagine life without them! Sometimes in life you just have to go with what makes you feel good! And that is something that just can''t be judged. Happy to hear you had a great manicure and it looks very natural--a hard thing to come by in the world of artificials. If I didn''t type all day long and play piano, I would consider artificials, but I do, and I need short-ish nails for my lifestyle. I had tips put on for my wedding and damned if they weren''t the most painful things! But I see a lot of them around me and they are beautiful. Will you be trying some of the polishes we''ve been discussing on this thread?
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results