shape
carat
color
clarity

Experiencing a bit of buyers remorse

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another video with two lighting conditions indoors and outdoors. Index finger to ring finger: 2.71E, 3.09 G ,3.18 F

They are all drop dead gorgeous. @DejaWiz and @Kim N knocked it out of the park with these recommendations. I don’t know what was up with clean origins inventory but these diamonds from Ritani are on another level.

I agree! How will you ever choose!????

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so if I had to rule out one, it would be the 3.09 because of the lower color. The 2.71 is wonderful but If you want a bigger diamond, then the choice is obvious...the 3.18.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so if I had to rule out one, it would be the 3.09 because of the lower color. The 2.71 is wonderful but If you want a bigger diamond, then the choice is obvious...the 3.18.

I agree completely!

Keep wearing them around all your usual environments. I think one will end up speaking to you more. This is the best type of problem to have! :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It really is splitting hairs at this point. There's no losing out in this scenario. They're almost too good!
I just love the 2.71 for whatever reason.

Imo - and this is personal preference of course - since it really is just splitting hairs, I’d go for the bigger one. DSS would set in eventually, and when you don’t have both stones in front of you to create a constant comparison you are unlikely to notice the super small differences in colour, performance etc that may make you lean one way or the other.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe try each one individually for a day? Because they are all big, so you’re seeing a size difference because they’re on top of each other and you’re seeing differences between them, so maybe wear each one it’s own in all different environments? Personally my eye kept going to the 2.71 but I had to look at your description because for whatever reason they all looked about the same size. That said there’s DEFINITELY an appeal to having 3 carats!!! So if they weren’t all together maybe I’d pick the 3.18 because… I mean it’s 3.18!! But in nuance splitting hairs because they’re next to each other so I’m comparing them, I did like the 2.71, but on its own because I want big, I might pick the 3.18

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is another video with two lighting conditions indoors and outdoors. Index finger to ring finger: 2.71E, 3.09 G ,3.18 F

They are all drop dead gorgeous. @DejaWiz and @Kim N knocked it out of the park with these recommendations. I don’t know what was up with clean origins inventory but these diamonds from Ritani are on another level.

Sent the video link to my wife and asked her opinion (without telling her the weights and colors), and here's what she responded with:

Indoor lighting: the one on the left.
Outdoor lighting: the one on the right.
The one in the middle seemed to have more yellow.

...and there's a clear example of her fabulous color sensitivity that I've mentioned a few times before! :lol:

Last edited:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Sent the video link to my wife and asked her opinion (without telling her the weights and colors), and here's what she responded with:

Indoor lighting: the one on the left.
Outdoor lighting: the one on the right.
The one in the middle seemed to have more yellow.

...and there's a clear example of her fabulous color sensitivity that I've mentioned a few times before! :lol:

Haha she nailed it! The slight yellow is very very slight- she has keen trained eyes!

I am noticing that the 3.18F color is a bit more tinted towards gray/blue than the 2.71E or 3.09G. My untrained eyes also notices it doesn’t return as much “white light” as the 3.09G! I tried to capture the tint here but could probably capture an even better pic. 2.71E, 3.18F, 3.09G I organized them in terms of color and not weight here.

You’ll notice more tint in the F though than even the G upside down.
C10890C2-2FB2-4EC3-BCEC-298039470B93.jpeg

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Haha she nailed it! The slight yellow is very very slight- she has keen trained eyes!

I am noticing that the 3.18F color is a bit more tinted towards gray/blue than the 2.71E or 3.09G. My untrained eyes also notices it doesn’t return as much “white light” as the 3.09G! I tried to capture the tint here but could probably capture an even better pic. 2.71E, 3.18F, 3.09G I organized them in terms of color and not weight here.

You’ll notice more tint in the F though than even the G upside down.
C10890C2-2FB2-4EC3-BCEC-298039470B93.jpeg
Another pic diffused sun
DB85F0A8-4D60-46D7-8C92-EBF29EBC72F6.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I can see the difference easily in your pictures!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting that the F shows more body color than the G!

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Wow - I can see the difference easily in your pictures!

Yeah! I trust the 3.09 G color grading from the GCAL report. The F grading comes from IGI and I’m just feeling that my last experience with a stone that had gray nuance (also from IGI) bothered me so much that it is making me lean more towards the G color because of the size and it’s a really pretty stone!

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! I trust the 3.09 G color grading from the GCAL report. The F grading comes from IGI and I’m just feeling that my last experience with a stone that had gray nuance (also from IGI) bothered me so much that it is making me lean more towards the G color because of the size and it’s a really pretty stone!

@Kim N, If you replay the outdoor video you kind of can see it there too! It’s a bit darker than both the E and G
Very interesting that the F shows more body color than the G!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N, If you replay the outdoor video you kind of can see it there too! It’s a bit darker than both the E and G

I definitely saw it in the outdoor video (looking a little 'dark') i think that's why my eye went to the 2.71 it just looked brighter... not necessarily whiter, just more life/brightness.

I had that same 'grey' issue as you did so i think thats why i am sensitive to it as well! Because I am not color sensitive, but that grey thing bothered me too

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're right! It's not apparent indoors, but I can see it now in the outdoor video.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
You're right! It's not apparent indoors, but I can see it now in the outdoor video.
@Inked and @Kim N I’m noticing a lot of others in the lab grown community now talking about “gray” nuance more and more! It’s a lovely stone and not super duper gray like my last one. I just need to think about them a little more- im definitely between the 3.09G or 3.18F because of the size! The 2.71E is a gorgeous stone but dss will always sink in like others have mentioned!

Rangoon09

Rough_Rock
Another pic diffuse

@Inked and @Kim N I’m noticing a lot of others in the lab grown community now talking about “gray” nuance more and more! It’s a lovely stone and not super duper gray like my last one. I just need to think about them a little more- im definitely between the 3.09G or 3.18F because of the size! The 2.71E is a gorgeous stone but dss will always sink in like others have mentioned!
Can you have someone throw it under a microscope and evaluate the graining patterns? some of the color you see in F could be due to that. Are you noticing any different charecteristics from one stone to the other when put under direct lighting?

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Can you have someone throw it under a microscope and evaluate the graining patterns? some of the color you see in F could be due to that. Are you noticing any different charecteristics from one stone to the other when put under direct lighting?

Here’s the video of it. I am not sure if the graining pattern is causing the darkness it seems similar to my old stone where the stone just has a body color tint to it. It’s a lovely stone- don’t get me wrong! Just slightly darker leaning towards gray in certain lighting. In indoor lighting its body color shows up blue/gray which I kind of like.

When put under direct lighting (sunlight) they all go dark-which I understand to be a characteristic of well cut stones. In direct lighting indoors they all sparkle like crazy- with this one sparkling with a slightly darker body color.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here’s the video of it. I am not sure if the graining pattern is causing the darkness it seems similar to my old stone where the stone just has a body color tint to it. It’s a lovely stone- don’t get me wrong! Just slightly darker leaning towards gray in certain lighting. In indoor lighting its body color shows up blue/gray which I kind of like.

Here's a better video of this one:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Here’s a video in direct sun light. It looks like the 2.71E (ring finger goes less dark in direct sunlight than the two others).
Not sure if it means it is not as well cut as the other two?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a video in direct sun light. It looks like the 2.71E (ring finger goes less dark in direct sunlight than the two others).

Not sure either but if I knew nothing about any of them, I would choose that one based on the direct sunlight video :kiss2:

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

I strongly prefer the one on your ring finger. Here’s the thing. You can have the absolute ideal optics and cut, and still not love the stone. It’s about what pleases your eye. These are lab diamonds so the re-sale is crap. If it’s not completely perfect, it’s okay. No two diamonds are alike for a reason. You can drive yourself crazy trying to find total perfection. Pick the stone that speaks to your heart, not your certificate.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I strongly prefer the one on your ring finger. Here’s the thing. You can have the absolute ideal optics and cut, and still not love the stone. It’s about what pleases your eye. These are lab diamonds so the re-sale is crap. If it’s not completely perfect, it’s okay. No two diamonds are alike for a reason. You can drive yourself crazy trying to find total perfection. Pick the stone that speaks to your heart, not your certificate.

I agree! It is all about what your eyes see!! Remember, a set of eyes have graded these stones too and they could be wrong. It isn't always about the numbers.

Lpsl

Rough_Rock

Yes, this ^^^. This sentiment is what pulled me out of a recent rabbit hole - back into the forest and out of the trees.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
My dear internet diamond friends,

Turns out Ritani has a 15 day return policy on loose diamonds and not 30 day! I was able to receive an extension to make a decision by today. I’m caught between the 2.71E and 3.09G! The 2.71E is lovely albeit a bit smaller to my eyes than the 3.09G. The 3.09G has a special twinkle that I’m in love with and the size feels like it’s a nice proportion on my finger (staves off dss for a bit too). I’ve eliminated the 3.18F even though it has a beautiful sparkle to it because in certain lighting it translates as more gray. Andddd I’m still stuck! Wish I could make another necklace but alas, I’ve reached my diamond purchasing quota for this year :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Turns out Ritani has a 15 day return policy on loose diamonds and not 30 day! I was able to receive an extension to make a decision by today. I’m caught between the 2.71E and 3.09G! The 2.71E is lovely albeit a bit smaller to my eyes than the 3.09G. The 3.09G has a special twinkle that I’m in love with and the size feels like it’s a nice proportion on my finger (staves off dss for a bit too). I’ve eliminated the 3.18F even though it has a beautiful sparkle to it because in certain lighting it translates as more gray. Andddd I’m still stuck! Wish I could make another necklace but alas, I’ve reached my diamond purchasing quota for this year :)

From your description, it sounds like the 3.09 is what's making your heart sing. I think you would regret returning it over the 2.71.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

Is the 3.09 the one on your ring finger in the sunlight video?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results