shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

Und1234

Rough_Rock
Yeah I kinda feel stupid... but the customer service rep was great.
She is already looking for a new job, and Josh has ghosted her as well. It's insane.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I kinda feel stupid... but the customer service rep was great.
She is already looking for a new job, and Josh has ghosted her as well. It's insane.
You weren’t stupid. The company wasn’t 5 minutes old, they had an impressive website, they had many happy customers (granted that was a year or more ago) and on the face of it, trustworthy.
The one problem with these “intermediary vendors” or “agents” is their business isn’t backed by assets. They don’t own or hold the vast majority of the diamonds they sell. Unlike many seller “agents” they aren’t required to keep their money received “on trust” separate from their operating account / expenses. So it’s not as if there’s a bank account specifically holding the monies remitted for diamond purchases from which people can be identified and refunded.
They were probably operating like a Pyramid scheme, meaning that it required a constant stream of new buyers to be able to complete prior orders. Joe Bloggs $20,000 from February was spent on rent, wages other expenses and not on acquiring the diamond he ordered, they need Sam Whites $20,000 new payment from March to complete Joes order. And the minute the new orders aren’t coming in, hence the weird $1500 rebate offer to tempt new orders, it collapses.
Terrible.

JeffP

Rough_Rock
I’m reading these horror stories and realizing I am also one of them.

I purchased a diamond on May 28th with a delivery window of June 12-June 17. I had a feeling something was wrong last week when I asked for an update and they said the diamond was being held up in customs. I’ve had experience working with customs and asked them what’s the problem? If they have the correct paperwork, there shouldn’t be any issues. That led to them saying there was no problem and the diamond would be sent out tomorrow and I would have it by the end of the week.
Today, June 17th, I tried all day to reach them to no avail and by this afternoon I became anxious and found these recent horror stories.
Thankfully I used a credit card but my gift to my wife is now ruined and my wife thinks I’m a gullible moron and I feel like a mark.

I hope those who did wire transfers get their money back and I look forward to this a***ole spending some time in Rikers Island.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Bron357 The victims shouldn’t beat themselves up; from what I can tell, most of you were trying to read up, research the seller, etc. Rarely does a company going belly up start advertising that fact before it happens so it’s not your fault. And there is a LOT involved with buying a diamond and it’s so easy to get laser-focused on the price, size, specs, setting, etc while trying to buy the best you can for the recipient. It’s a damn shame that ED seems to have capitalized on the ‘ol “look here, not over there” to lure buyers in with sleazy sales tactics in what looks like a last-ditch effort to line their pockets before closing up shop. :angryfire:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m reading these horror stories and realizing I am also one of them.

I purchased a diamond on May 28th with a delivery window of June 12-June 17. I had a feeling something was wrong last week when I asked for an update and they said the diamond was being held up in customs. I’ve had experience working with customs and asked them what’s the problem? If they have the correct paperwork, there shouldn’t be any issues. That led to them saying there was no problem and the diamond would be sent out tomorrow and I would have it by the end of the week.
Today, June 17th, I tried all day to reach them to no avail and by this afternoon I became anxious and found these recent horror stories.
Thankfully I used a credit card but my gift to my wife is now ruined and my wife thinks I’m a gullible moron and I feel like a mark.

I hope those who did wire transfers get their money back and I look forward to this a***ole spending some time in Rikers Island.

Wow, I am so thankful you used a credit card! Listen, we help people every day here find great diamonds, and vendors are not allowed to solicit business. Consumers with diamond buying experience can help you for free, and you can get your wife a terrific gift. Get you chargeback, and then come back here and post a thread. We will steer you to vendors with long term stellar reputations!

To your wife...he is not a gullible moron. There was zero way anyone could have known they were about to go under. We had reasons to question that company here because of various interactions, so they weren't being recommended here very often. But there was simply no way he could have known. Many regulars here and I have bought from various diamond vendors for many years, and we can tell you ones that are 100% trustworthy. We will be happy to point him in the right direction!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I am so thankful you used a credit card! Listen, we help people every day here find great diamonds, and vendors are not allowed to solicit business. Consumers with diamond buying experience can help you for free, and you can get your wife a terrific gift. Get you chargeback, and then come back here and post a thread. We will steer you to vendors with long term stellar reputations!

To your wife...he is not a gullible moron. There was zero way anyone could have known they were about to go under. We had reasons to question that company here because of various interactions, so they weren't being recommended here very often. But there was simply no way he could have known. Many regulars here and I have bought from various diamond vendors for many years, and we can tell you ones that are 100% trustworthy. We will be happy to point him in the right direction!

Because of PriceScope, I left ED (just in the Knick of time) and found the most beautiful diamond using the PS diamond search tool which will lead you to the trusted PS vendors. Absolutely stunning diamond!! I posted pics and video a few weeks ago and left an A+ review for the vendor I worked with (B2C Jewels). There are many great vendors here!! And the people here will help you pick the perfect stone.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My heart goes out to everyone struggling to find a solution. What a sickening situation.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I feel so bad for everyone involved! This makes my stomach churn. Please post on the BBB and get in touch with Rare Carat for the attorney situation. Even if you didn’t go through Rare Carat, you can use their lawyer to get your money back.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-diamonds-website.221988/page-4#post-4025952

2C506C4C-4F98-4CAB-863E-C1FDC793634E.jpeg

The apple seems to have fallen off very far from the tree.

We know businesses often operate on a line of credit. I’m sorry to all those customers affected but what about the suppliers or cutters who have sent out stones but possibly not received payment too

Wow that thread is ugly. +1 to Bron's post above. For anyone affected by this awful situation there is no way you could have known. They were a legit business, not a fly-by-night. I hope you get you money back asap and some justice.

I've never seen a "warning" flag on a PS thread before which tells me even Andrey thinks this went very bad.

I wonder if there is any way for law enforcement to get enchanted diamonds website and instagram frozen while the situation is being investigated. Would hate for this company to get one more penny off of an innocent customer.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that thread is ugly. +1 to Bron's post above. For anyone affected by this awful situation there is no way you could have known they were a legit not a fly-by-night. I hope you get you money back asap and some justice.

I've never seen a "warning" flag on a PS thread before which tells me even Andrey thinks this went very bad.

I wonder if there is any way for law enforcement to get enchanted diamonds website and instagram frozen while the situation is being investigated. Would hate for this company to get one more penny off of an innocent customer.
That's how I feel. I want yelp to mark ED as "closed", and agree that law enforcement needs to shot down the website so no one else gets screwed over.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's how I feel. I want yelp to mark ED as "closed", and agree that law enforcement needs to shot down the website so no one else gets screwed over.

Everyone who is a yelper, go to their page and click on "Edit business info." You can report the business as closed. If enough people do it, they may update the listing. I've just done it and referenced this thread as well as the latest reviews.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone who is a yelper, go to their page and click on "Edit business info." You can report the business as closed. If enough people do it, they may update the listing. I've just done it and referenced this thread as well as the latest reviews.
Just did it, and explained why to the moderators. And I wrote a review with info about the rare carat lawyer, complaints, etc. I hope no one else gets screwed over. Ugh.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @lovedogs...filed a complaint with BBB. Next is with AG...

The fact that their website is still up and running after having stiffed their customers is nothing short of criminal. Their intent is clearly to dupe more unsuspecting consumers into purchasing from their site. Why else would they delete/disable Instagram negative posts?!!

if they have time to screen comments on Instagram, they should also have time to field queries from customers who trusted them with their monies. They don't even have the guts to reply to their chat messages- they just lurk behind, reading irate customers' queries...so cowardly. Or maybe they're selective in their responses, only replying to potential customers.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that ED collected customers' money knowing that they won't be able to fulfill orders. My loss is nothing compared to others. I'm SO SO angry for them. It's beyond sickening what ED is doing.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TUTU

HPD accepts credit cards and offers a 5% discount for wire transfers.
No need to worry, WF, HPD, and BGD have been vetted by many buyers on PS, some of us in the 6 figures.

B200

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I want to share my experience. I’ve been reading all sites yelp, pricescope etc... and am super stressed about what’s happening. I purchased two diamonds from them beginning of May...with them agreeing to let me compare them and choosing one. Yes I paid for both in full :fearful: Around a week ago they told me one diamond arrived and whether I wanted to wait for both. I said yes. This last Friday 6/14 I got a email saying they are sending me one of the two diamonds that arrived so I don’t have to wait longer. Surely I got it today (haven’t inspected it by a professional) but I havent been unable to contact them at all for the other diamond I purchased. This worries me sick... with the outstanding one being a bank wire and potentially not being able to return this one if I don’t like it. Wnted to share since I find it a bit different/weird that they shipped one Friday given the other reviews and what’s been going on. Really hoping it’s some positive sign but still offices me sick. Buying a diamond is stressful already, never have I thought this would happen.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm speechless after reading this thread ...:(sad

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm speechless after reading this thread ...:(sad

I’m speechless after reading the older thread linked above where Joshua was proclaiming himself as some sort of God to consumers and their best interests, how he aims to deal fairly for them, etc., and now this ... just two short years later. SMDH

caroman

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Hi all,

I have to share a terrifying experience that’s going on. I thought the advice and everything on Enchant Diamonds was legitimate. Turns out, huge scam! As of the last month or so they ran away with mine and a lot of other people’s money. Don’t believe me? Horror stories can be found on google yelp and Instagram- sort by date.

Their chat doesn’t work anymore phones have been down for over a week no replies to emails. I lost years of savings buying a diamond only to have my money stolen and now have to legally fight a battle along with all these people that also got scammed like me.

Please if you got hit by this also, post here. If you didn’t but can help - please any advice is appreciated!

hi thomas would you be interested in sharing your story with me? I am looking into this case after we got an anonymous tip at our news desk about enchanted Diamonds.

CaseyC

Rough_Rock
@caroman I’ll gladly share my Enchanted Diamonds horror story with you. I’m out $10,300 and have no ring to show for it with a planned vacation proposal 1 month away. What happened to me, to all of us, needs to get out there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190618-071729_Chrome.jpg

Looks like Google has them marked as closed. Not marked closed on Yelp yet, and their stupid website is still up
So they are still taking order on their site? :angryfire:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Some of those complaints even before this terrible thing happened do not reflect well on the owner of this company. The post about the custom ring alone spoke volumes. I sincerely hope that all affected will be able to reclaim their money. It's a huge reminder to me to always use my credit card for large purchases, despite the cost savings associated with wire transfers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results