clarity

Drumroll please... My SETTING!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Love it
30.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. waiting for handshots. Congratulations.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy! I love it.
30.gif
The halo totally sets off the your asscher. I am also excited to see the eternity bands that you are planing to pair with the engagement ring.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That top view is TDF!!! The halo REALLY sets off the asscher!!! Fantastic job Gypsy!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the hand shots!!!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY! It''s finally finished, and well worth the wait!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It is just stunning, I love the top view of it! I really like how you paired it with the simplicity of the plain shoulders...just gorgeous!

I cannot wait to see it with the band you choose!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Gypsy!

It looks faboooooo!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
It really IS fabulous! Everyone has already taken the ooh''s and ahhh''s from my mouth...

It is so well proportioned! That was my first thought...and my second was that the profile is stunning - it looks both delicate yet sturdy at the same time.

Like a model striking a pose.

It''s AMAZING!!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s got Neil''s seal of approval and will be here on FRIDAY!!!

I''m SO VERY EXCITED ALL OF THE SUDDEN!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! I am sooooo excited for you!!!

Can''t wait, can''t wait!!! (Jumping up and down for joy!)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 7:08:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
It's got Neil's seal of approval and will be here on FRIDAY!!!

I'm SO VERY EXCITED ALL OF THE SUDDEN!
Oh YAY!
36.gif
That is soooooooo exciting! I cannot WAIT for a kijillion more pictures! Don't you be STINGY with 'em, now, either -- ya' hear?!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Seriously -- it is beautiful, Gypsy!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Simply beautiful! Ocean did a wonderful job, it is truly masterpiece. Stunning!

I am so happy for you!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
omg gypsy....
No idea how I missed this thread, but I just want to say that it is GORGEOUS!!!
It''s exactly the look I''m going for with my cushion (hopefully in the near future!) It really is so beautiful. I love it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 5:00:14 PM
Here''s one more, I can''t figure out what the opaque thing (looks like a table smudge) is on the right bottom corner... but love the sparkles from this shot.
Gypsy, I haven''t been here for quite awhile but when I heard your ring was done I had to come ogle. All I can say is,
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
!

BRAVO! I love how it''s a combination of sleek (from the side) and detailed (from the top view) -- you have the best of both worlds. It really showcases your beautiful diamond. I also like how it will sit up a bit on your finger (good height!), not too high, not too low. Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yay! That''s gorgeous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for being excited with me everyone!!

KD!!!
35.gif
I''ve missed you!

I promise I''ll FLOOD you all with pics when it arrives!!!

Lucky are you going for a high polish shank too?

(Isaku everytime I read your post about running off with John and the ring I chuckle).

Remember folks, honesty is ALWAYS welcome, so if you don''t love it or you see something of concern, feel free to comment.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
hehe I don''t know all the terminology...but what I love about it is
-The halo, of course
-the fact that a wedding band will sit flush
-the fact that you can see the little culet
-that it''s a halo with no diamonds on the band!

I visited a jeweler a while back to get a quote but I had a hard time explaining what it is I liked. You know, I thought it was a simple design--but after hearing you describe it in other threads with all of that terminology...maybe that''s why I couldn''t get my point across! All I was saying is "halo..no diamonds on shank...able to sit flush with a wedding band". Maybe that''s why they couldn''t figure out what I meant. Better read up on that.
34.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking good. Looking forward to more pictures on Friday.....
35.gif

You have to be soooooo excited.
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 7:09:12 PM
I see we're worshiping at the church of the rising sun once again. LOL.

Here are a few specs on the setting:
The melee is .14ct single cut G/H SI-1 , each being 1.2mm
The width of the halo is 1.3mm.
The height from finger to table is 7mm.
The church is open and waiting for handshots
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky... I've learned that PICS are incredibly INVALUABLE in asking for custom work-- cuts down on miscommunication by A LOT. If you like anything about my ring... then email the pic to them, and point out the feature to them.

So, the pave is referred to as 'french style' or 'french cut' or very technically as "craponia" which mean that "It is not full bead pave, the beads are not 'raised', rather it is a method where a hole is drilled into the halo 'plate' for the stone seat and cuts are made to create the setting for each stone. The holes are polished to maximize the stone's reflection then there is a 'fishtail' cut in-between each stone which can be seen on the outside of the halo and each stone is set with the created four half beads. It's a labor intensive style but it creates a very seamless halo." Ocean said that in my melee size (1.2 mm) it was very labor intensive to do the french cut, and I remember someone else posting about french pave, and that it could be very expensive... so keep that in mind.
You want the shank 'plain' with high polish metal. Mine is a catherdal setting as well.

The flush fit area is called the gallery. The gallery on mine allows a flush fit band.

Also I asked for a comfort fit band.

I would recommend Ocean to you, at least for a call to see if you are comfortable, if you want something similar to mine, as it would cut down on your frustration considerably. I would also trust Maytal and Leon with it. But the style of pave is something that requires a certain level of skill. If I hadn't had it this custom made by Ocean, my second choice was Maytal. Leon was my third, just because I wanted some VERY specific things.

Here is the link to the page where I posted HUGE pics of two different styles of 'edge-less' pave:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-setting-is-done.70293/page-9

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also wanted to post about Ocean, and my experience with her.

Leon and Maytal both have staff, and to my knowledge, do not personally do each piece commissioned from them. This has it''s pluses and minuses. The plus is that if you are given a deadline and someone''s father passes away or their child or pet is very ill, they will have someone to cover and take over your project. The minus is that you are paying for THEIR name and expertise, and their benchmen may not be as skilled, or there is a risk that might be overlooked if they have too many projects or something going on. Ocean has a life, and it may intrude... she really does her best to avoid interruption, but when all is said and done... things happen, and you have to keep that in mind.

But she is skilled, has great customer service ethic and fixes problems without quibble, and TALENT. Plus her personality makes her a joy to work with.

So... that''s my review.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/6/2007 8:32:43 PM
Author: thing2of2

P.S. I know this is a dumb question, but what exactly is single cut melee? Full cut is just a regular tiny round brilliant diamond...right? So how exactly is single cut melee cut?

A full round brilliant cut has either 57 9r 58 facets, depending on whether or not it has a culet. A single cut has only seventeen facets, eight on the bottom and nine on the top, including the table.

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
... And since I forgot to mention it, but WINK is fabulous. Truly.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 10:51:18 PM

Remember folks, honesty is ALWAYS welcome, so if you don''t love it or you see something of concern, feel free to comment.
OK, I''ll be honest.

I hate it. The work is subpar. There''s something about it that''s not quite right. You''ll have to hand it over to me.

C''mon woman!
9.gif
What does it matter what we think? With your specific ideas, doncha know if it''s right for you or not? And it seems VERY right ya know...
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 12:28:00 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 11/7/2007 10:51:18 PM

OK, I''ll be honest.

I hate it. The work is subpar. There''s something about it that''s not quite right. You''ll have to hand it over to me.

C''mon woman!
9.gif
What does it matter what we think? With your specific ideas, doncha know if it''s right for you or not? And it seems VERY right ya know...
2.gif

I know my own mind. I''m good about that. So I feel comfortable with honest comments. That''s all I meant.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s lovely Gypsy

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, your ring is stunning!! Worth the wait. Can''t wait to see more pics, including hand pics!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

Your ring is just gorgeous. I cannot wait to see how you like it in person on Friday. I am delighted for you!

I have a question - I''ve just this summer started learning all about rings/diamonds/etc. here on Pricescope so I hope I don''t come off too ignorant!

I rarely see any halo rings without pave/micropave or anything on the band part, like yours. Were you looking for that as well and not finding much? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Many thanks!

molly

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 2:50:52 PM
Author: matildawong
Gypsy,

Your ring is just gorgeous. I cannot wait to see how you like it in person on Friday. I am delighted for you!

I have a question - I've just this summer started learning all about rings/diamonds/etc. here on Pricescope so I hope I don't come off too ignorant!

I rarely see any halo rings without pave/micropave or anything on the band part, like yours. Were you looking for that as well and not finding much? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Many thanks!

molly

HI Molly, thank you for the compliments. There are some out there, but not too many. Tacori and Durnell have them, so does Natalie K. Also, some designers MAY be willing to customize the shanks on their halo rings to omit the pave. I'm not positive, but Ritani may be one to allow this.

I'll link you to those I know of right off the top of my head... and maybe some of the other ladies can help out with other suggestions, if they know of any.

Durnell: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/durnell-jewelry/rings/04AA1/0/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/durnell-jewelry/rings/07AA1/6/

Tacori: http://www.tacori.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2502PR7_main.jpg

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/tac8pr.jpg (same setting as above but for a round)

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2505PR6_main.jpg

Natalie K:

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/18-Engagement-Rings-1-3168-000-Lady-s-MK-18k-white-gold-engagement-ring-setting-and-wedding-band-set-000-.html

Here's a thread with a bunch of them :

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/plain-band-with-halos.57197/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO... I''m compulsively checking my email for Neil''s email with a tracking number on the package. No email. It''s 12:30pm, and I think... he''s probably just been busy, I''ll give him a call.

I call him, ask for the tracking number, without a pause he gives it to me.

I track it because I want to call USPS and tell them to deliver to our apartment office for signature if no one is home tomorrow.

But It''s SAYS DELIVERED!!! TODAY. NOT Friday.

I panic, cause John isn''t going to be home, I haven''t given USPS instructions to go to the apartment office for signature, and it''s going to be driving around all day, and if we don''t pick it up it''ll be SITTING there till tomorrow. I call John to see if they''ve left a pick up note, or anything, and ask him to either go pick it up... or stay home until it arrives OR leave a note on the door to take it to the office if no one answers.

So he answers the phone, and at 10000 miles an hour, I''m telling him all this. I finish. And there is silence.

Finally he says, "This is why I can''t surprise you. You always say that you love surprises and that I never surprise you. THIS IS WHY. I have the package."

He''s making me a special dinner... all the bells and whistles, and was going to surprise me with the ring tonight.

Ooops. I''m really kinda sad I ruined it.
7.gif

BUT...

I GET MY RING TONIGHT!!!
emotion-19.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, i''m sooooo excited to you. I have to laugh b/c what you did is EXACTLY like something I''d do and I can see my hubby trying to surprise me only to have me double check everything and catch him. I actually did it last year with my b-day present, accidently saw a confirmation email I wasn''t supposed to see. anyway, I''m hope you have a wonderful, memorable dinner tonight and have that newly proposed to glow and feeling all over again. YAY!!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes Gypsy,
30.gif
30.gif
S P A R K L E H E A V E N
30.gif
30.gif
!!!

Ya know, I don''t think you ruined it. I would rather spoil the surprise than suffer thinking my ring was lost
23.gif

Can''t wait for handshots...
4.gif
2.gif
4.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results