shape
carat
color
clarity

Drumroll please... My SETTING!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy that is absolutely beautiful. Can''t wait for handshots.
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, stunning, elegant, feminine, delicate, love it!!! It is so beautiful G!!! I''m still waiting for handshots over here though!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
It's HERE?!! Early?! Already???! OHMYWORD, how exciting is THAT!!!
36.gif

Well, after your romantic dinner is over, and you have cooed and cuddled your sweetie in front of the fire for oh, let's say 15 or 20 minutes ought to be enough... (and skip the dishes, please!)... get that camera out and start snapping hand shots before we all lose our minds in anticipation!!! And you don't want THAT on your conscience now, do you???! (Well, do you?!!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MUST. HAVE. MANY. PHOTOS. PLEASE!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, that''s priceless. TOTALLY something I would do. I like surprises too! Just not when the thought of my jewelry sitting unsupervised is one of them.
9.gif
teeheee. Poor guy.

Have a great night!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 4:17:14 PM
Author: Gypsy

SO... I''m compulsively checking my email for Neil''s email with a tracking number on the package. No email. It''s 12:30pm, and I think... he''s probably just been busy, I''ll give him a call.

I call him, ask for the tracking number, without a pause he gives it to me.

I track it because I want to call USPS and tell them to deliver to our apartment office for signature if no one is home tomorrow.

But It''s SAYS DELIVERED!!! TODAY. NOT Friday.

I panic, cause John isn''t going to be home, I haven''t given USPS instructions to go to the apartment office for signature, and it''s going to be driving around all day, and if we don''t pick it up it''ll be SITTING there till tomorrow. I call John to see if they''ve left a pick up note, or anything, and ask him to either go pick it up... or stay home until it arrives OR leave a note on the door to take it to the office if no one answers.

So he answers the phone, and at 10000 miles an hour, I''m telling him all this. I finish. And there is silence.

Finally he says, ''This is why I can''t surprise you. You always say that you love surprises and that I never surprise you. THIS IS WHY. I have the package.''

He''s making me a special dinner... all the bells and whistles, and was going to surprise me with the ring tonight.

Ooops. I''m really kinda sad I ruined it.
7.gif

BUT...

I GET MY RING TONIGHT!!!
emotion-19.gif
Haha! You sound just like me! Not possible to do a surprise...and that''s really okay with me!

Hope you have that camera charged! (Still laughing!)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/8/2007 4:17:14 PM
Author: Gypsy

SO... I''m compulsively checking my email for Neil''s email with a tracking number on the package. No email. It''s 12:30pm, and I think... he''s probably just been busy, I''ll give him a call.

I call him, ask for the tracking number, without a pause he gives it to me.

I track it because I want to call USPS and tell them to deliver to our apartment office for signature if no one is home tomorrow.

But It''s SAYS DELIVERED!!! TODAY. NOT Friday.

I panic, cause John isn''t going to be home, I haven''t given USPS instructions to go to the apartment office for signature, and it''s going to be driving around all day, and if we don''t pick it up it''ll be SITTING there till tomorrow. I call John to see if they''ve left a pick up note, or anything, and ask him to either go pick it up... or stay home until it arrives OR leave a note on the door to take it to the office if no one answers.

So he answers the phone, and at 10000 miles an hour, I''m telling him all this. I finish. And there is silence.

Finally he says, ''This is why I can''t surprise you. You always say that you love surprises and that I never surprise you. THIS IS WHY. I have the package.''

He''s making me a special dinner... all the bells and whistles, and was going to surprise me with the ring tonight.

Ooops. I''m really kinda sad I ruined it.
7.gif

BUT...

I GET MY RING TONIGHT!!!
emotion-19.gif
LOL! Poor Neil, if he lies you get your surprise and he gets yelled at for not sending it out when he promised. If he tells the truth, he ruins your surprise. Now your husband will yell at him for not "fibbing". Sigh...

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/8/2007 5:58:10 PM
Author: Lynn B
It''s HERE?!! Early?! Already???! OHMYWORD, how exciting is THAT!!!
36.gif

Well, after your romantic dinner is over, and you have cooed and cuddled your sweetie in front of the fire for oh, let''s say 15 or 20 minutes ought to be enough... (and skip the dishes, please!)... get that camera out and start snapping hand shots before we all lose our minds in anticipation!!! And you don''t want THAT on your conscience now, do you???! (Well, do you?!!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MUST. HAVE. MANY. PHOTOS. PLEASE!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DON''T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the man his due! Spend the evening thinking only of you and him together and enjoying your ring! No fair taking one minute away from him for pictures! He has earned at least that for this evening!

Wink, speaking for the men of the world

dani13

Ideal_Rock
IT''S HERE?????!!!!!!

We NEED pics ASAP!!!!!!!

Can''t wait to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, Wink, you''ll be VASTLY outnumbered by PS women!!!!
2.gif
I was thinking Lynn was generous allowing her 15-20 minutes of cuddle time. I was thinking 5 might be enough!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOORAY! That''s a bummer about the ruined surprise...but I would have seriously done EXACTLY the same thing. I am pretty much impossible to surprise! Plus my fiance is terrible about keeping secrets, so that''s a recipe for me never being surprised by him!

Anywho...once your 3-5 minutes of post-dinner cuddling is up, WE NEED PICTURES!!!!

Kidding, of course-enjoy your special night! I hope you love your ring!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 11:57:20 PM
Author: Wink
Date: 11/6/2007 8:32:43 PM

Author: thing2of2

P.S. I know this is a dumb question, but what exactly is single cut melee? Full cut is just a regular tiny round brilliant diamond...right? So how exactly is single cut melee cut?

A full round brilliant cut has either 57 9r 58 facets, depending on whether or not it has a culet. A single cut has only seventeen facets, eight on the bottom and nine on the top, including the table.

Wink

Thanks, Wink! One more question for you-what exactly is the difference in look and performance between the two?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 8:24:08 PM
Date: 11/7/2007 11:57:20 PM

Date: 11/6/2007 8:32:43 PM

P.S. I know this is a dumb question, but what exactly is single cut melee? Full cut is just a regular tiny round brilliant diamond...right? So how exactly is single cut melee cut?

A full round brilliant cut has either 57 9r 58 facets, depending on whether or not it has a culet. A single cut has only seventeen facets, eight on the bottom and nine on the top, including the table.

Wink

Thanks, Wink! One more question for you-what exactly is the difference in look and performance between the two?

I''m not Wink, but Leon has a great article on pave where he discusses single cuts:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/articles/micropave.php

here''s part of the article:

Typically each stone used in micropave is a “full cut” diamond, which means that it has the same 58 facets that you would count on any ideal cut round brilliant. However, full cut diamonds are not the best to use in micropave. The very best diamonds to use in micropave are “single cut” diamonds because they have far fewer facets (17 total facets). High quality, perfectly cut, single cuts are also known in the diamond industry as “eight cuts.” The fewer number facets on a single cut diamond are proportionally bigger and tend to reflect more noticeable flashes of light. High quality single cuts are mainly used in expensive watches to decorate the dials and mark the hours. But single cuts are very scarce, not to mention expensive, with the luxury watch industry consuming almost all of the production. I use eight cuts only for the most exclusive pieces or when a customer specifically requests them. Sometimes it takes weeks for certain sizes of single cuts to be delivered from Europe. From my point of view as an artist, it definitely is worth the money and effort to go with single cuts instead of full cuts. However, if you talk to most retailers (the majority of whom is simply ignorant on the issue or must go far out of their way to get single cuts), they would rather impress their customers with the tale of how each tiny stone has all 58 facets just like the larger ones. Although it’s a good sales approach, you simply cannot get the same rich look from full cut melee that you can get from single cuts.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I LOVE THE SETTING!!! So does my DH... and usually he has no interest in jewelry... so take it as a very high compliment! He likes the side profile especially... I love the halo!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo! That''s exactly what I was looking for!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that sounds exactly like something I would do! Poor John...
7.gif
(I''m sure he''ll get over it, though!)
9.gif

I hope your evening was everything you dreamed of...you so deserve every happiness.

Congratulations, Gypsy!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 7:15:03 PM

DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the man his due! Spend the evening thinking only of you and him together and enjoying your ring! No fair taking one minute away from him for pictures! He has earned at least that for this evening!

Wink, speaking for the men of the world
Wink!!! You disloyal SCALLAWAG! And to think you and I used to be friends... *harumph!*
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

JUST KIDDING! (But you knew that, didn't you?!)
12.gif

But I still reeeeally want pictures. *sniff*
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drama to the end.

About 30 minutes after I posted about ruining the surprise I um... passed out at work and had to be taken to the hospital for what (after HOURS of test, CT Scan you name it) was diagnosed as stress, fatigue, and dehydration. (Go ahead and yell).

Poor John rushed to my bedside in the hospital....

And remembered the ring.

While they were drawing blood he distracting me with the bling of my new SUPER SHINY (WHITE WHITE WHITE) sparkley.

His dinner was well... left marinating, the flowers weren''t bought, and we ended up eating dinner at Macaroni Grill after I was discharged. (I''m not allowed to go to work tomorrow).

And... he still complete understood when we got home, and I went running (okay so not running, I''m still very dizzy, so stumbling would be more accurate) for the camera.

SO without further ado... (or drama, God Willing)...

Gypsy New Halo.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s HUGE!!! WONDERFULLY SO! The polish is AMAZING (although in a few close up shots you probably will see finger prints)! The detail and the prongs and everything is GORGEOUS.

I LOVE IT. Although, I am wondering if I made absolutely the right decision to ask Ocean to round the corners a bit (to make them cushion-y) or if I should have left them more octagonal. Beyond that... It''s EVERYTHING I thought it would and could be! It''s delicate yet it''s also sturdy and it''s SO AMAZINGLY SHINY! Bling EVERYWHERE!

Finger coverage shot (I''m wearing my fuzzy pink bathrobe):

Gypsy New Halo 3.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side view. I ADORE the side view... it''s even BETTER than I ever imagined!

Gypsy New Halo 1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other view of the side:

Gypsy New Halo 2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flower shot (they'll be more of these and some daylight shots tomorrow)! This one has a little fire... I'm hoping to get some fire shots tomorrow if the sun comes out.

Gypsy New Halo Orchid.jpg

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
OMG, I''ve been checking back all night to see if pics were up yet! It''s. So. AMAZING! I am glad to hear that you love it, and hope you''re feeling better!

Also. A MILLION MORE PICS PLEASE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Detail of the pave... it''s LOVELY pave. Just lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops.. forgot to attach.

(Yamsicle honey, thank you!)

Gypsy New Halo Orchid 1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

your ring is very beautiful and looks lovely on your hand.

Now about YOU. What is making you so stressed out!! Are you ok? Please take care of yourself. We love you!!

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:06:36 AM
Author: Linda W
Gypsy,

your ring is very beautiful and looks lovely on your hand.

Now about YOU. What is making you so stressed out!! Are you ok? Please take care of yourself. We love you!!

Linda

Honestly? Works been particularly bad stress-wise. I don't think I've had time to recover from mom being sick, and the stress and fatigue of that... plus I had a very stressful meeting this morning (not work related, personal), that just seemed to take it's toll. Add bad thai food that made me ill last night, not drinking anything but caffeine the last few days, and you've got me unconscious on the floor. I did get commendations at work today (before the passing out) today though. So that was rewarding.

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, the pave is breathtaking.

Can you please answer some questions for me? Are single cut pave spreadier? Would it be more or less spreadier in mm than a 1 pointer of the same weight? What is the total carat weight of the pave and how many stones are there around the halo?

P.S I showed the first pics to my girlfriend at work and she was in awe.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy!!! I can't believe it!
6.gif
I was waiting up just to see your ring (east coast) and was imagining your lovely evening...but it turned out MUCH differently than we could have imagined! I am so glad you are okay! But it sounds like maybe you are working too many hours and not taking care of yourself! {{{hugs}}}

But I cannot help moving on to the ring topic!!! It looks FANTASTIC!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Really, you chose a perfect design to compliment your stone and also enhance the size! You are right that it looks soooo big on your finger now! I love how delicate the halo is!
It is really beautiful and I am very glad you waited to get exactly what you wanted!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Stress will surly do that. Please take care of yourself. You are off tomorrow and you can spend all day looking at your gorgeous beautiful ring
30.gif

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:13:37 AM
Author: yamsicle
Gypsy, the pave is breathtaking.

Can you please answer some questions for me? Are single cut pave spreadier? Would it be more or less spreadier in mm than a 1 pointer of the same weight? What is the total carat weight of the pave and how many stones are there around the halo?

P.S I showed the first pics to my girlfriend at work and she was in awe.
30.gif

Hi Yamsicle, I'm glad your GF from work liked it, I really do too!!

As for the spread of single cuts...
33.gif
I wish I knew. I really don't, but maybe someone on here does. I'm sorry!

There are 20 stones in my halo. One in each corner, four on each side and the CTW is .14 and each stone is 1.2 mm.

Hope that answers at least some of your questions.

DS... yes, we had a VERY different evening than anticipated.
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results