color
clarity

Drumroll please... My SETTING!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2007 10:47:03 PM
Author: Gypsy
Of course... a rose shot (although it''s fall so the roses are suffering a bit from the cold).

OMIGOSH that is a beautiful picture! May I put a copy of it on the Ocean Pearlman page I am having made for my site?

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 11:57:29 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 11/9/2007 10:47:03 PM
Of course... a rose shot (although it''s fall so the roses are suffering a bit from the cold).

OMIGOSH that is a beautiful picture! May I put a copy of it on the Ocean Pearlman page I am having made for my site?

Wink

You can have any of the pics I took for that.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would not change a single thing on that ring it looks absolutely magnificently stunning. I''m sure your mum just had a bad case of step-in-it''s.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Not sure what else to say but I love it

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beyond beautiful! And I''m glad you''re feeling better-take care of yourself, lady!

I love the single cuts in the gorgeous halo-I''m very interested in them now! They just give a special look to your ring, you know? Are you going to get the two pave bands with single cuts, too? I also love the underwires and the way the shank goes up to meet the halo. SOOOO PERFECT!

But I do have one complaint...WE NEED MORE PICTURES, PLEASE!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello All,

I wanted to live with the ring for a little while before I commented further.

So here are my thoughts:

I''m glad it''s cushion shaped...but still has corners.
The prongs are so tiny IRL and SO overpowered by sparkle.
I love the french pave.
The polish is knock out.
I can''t believe how bright it is. My stone looks like it''s glowing all the time.
For some reason the cleanliness isn''t as much of a bother, all the little melee reflections and light keep the stone bright even when a smudged a bit.

And OH MAN does a halo cure DSS. I''ve had people grab my hand and ask how big my diamond is three times. Each time they''ve thought I traded my stone in for a MUCH (1.75 to 2 carat) larger stone. So cool.

I am taking care of myself. Still off a bit. And going to the doctor. Still not driving myself around just in case.

Thank you all for the compliments and the concern!

Overall, I''m very happy with the results of the re-set.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Just caught up on this thread. Your ring is unique and beautiful -- just like you! Take care of yourself and feel better.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 12:41:10 PM
Hello All,

I wanted to live with the ring for a little while before I commented further.

So here are my thoughts:

I''m glad it''s cushion shaped...but still has corners.
The prongs are so tiny IRL and SO overpowered by sparkle.
I love the french pave.
The polish is knock out.
I can''t believe how bright it is. My stone looks like it''s glowing all the time.
For some reason the cleanliness isn''t as much of a bother, all the little melee reflections and light keep the stone bright even when a smudged a bit.

And OH MAN does a halo cure DSS. I''ve had people grab my hand and ask how big my diamond is three times. Each time they''ve thought I traded my stone in for a MUCH (1.75 to 2 carat) larger stone. So cool.

I am taking care of myself. Still off a bit. And going to the doctor. Still not driving myself around just in case.

Thank you all for the compliments and the concern!

I couldn''t be happier even if the ring were mine!!! So great that after close scrutiny, you still love it.
36.gif
36.gif

What a journey we''ve had since the baguette halo days
9.gif
We''re both so much wiser, I hope
1.gif

Please continue to take care of yourself first. I sounds selfish, but I learned first-hand what the consequences were of taking care of everyone else
38.gif
. Don''t go there.
35.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I was lucky enough to see Gypsy''s ring in person this past weekend and it is sooooo beautiful! And it makes her asscher look huge. Her stone is a 6x6 and mine is a 6.5x6.5 and now her''s looks way bigger than mine now
32.gif
8.gif
j/k Gyp! I really love it though, Ocean did a great job!

I hope you start feeling better soon, take care of yourself!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I missed all the excitement last week. Congratulations on your ring, it is simply beautiful. I think it is perfect...the petite halo, polished shank, rounded corners, everything. And I love, love, love your stone. It is so amazingly bright. I am glad you are happy with the results of your custom project. Now take care of yourself and enjoy!

PS- more pics please
21.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how I missed the updated pics. Your ring is just gorgeous and perfect. Very classic.
36.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new setting! My halo e-ring does not have diamonds on the shank either, and people give me a hard time for it. My FI said that the person who made the ring was insistent on adding diamonds, but he remembered my telling him that no matter what style of ring he got for me that I did not want diamonds on the shank.

Please feel better and enjoy your beautiful ring!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I think it''s beautiful! It really is perfect. I would not change a thing -- it''s simply elegant and definitely NOT any of the things your mother said. Why she felt the need to say them -- maybe she''s a little jealous?

When we bought our first home together 16 years ago, I had my family over for Mother''s Day. Everyone was saying how nice the house was, how beautiful our flowering crab trees were (they were in full bloom), and my mother felt the need to point out that there was bird poop on the side of the house and other little things that needed to be fixed or cleaned up. I was like, "WTH???" She was used to always doing the entertaining and didn''t enjoy sharing the attention, I think. And it was probably one of those things she said and later thought, "Gee, whatever posessed me???" Or maybe not, I''ll never know. At the time I was extremely annoyed (read PISSED) but now I look back with amusement.

Anyway, your ring is beautiful and the setting really shows off the diamond to its best advantage. Great pics, too!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww Gypsy, the ring looks gorgeous.
36.gif
I love the shank & how fluid & substantial it looks. But looking down onto the diamond, looks delicate & very classy. Gorgeous. NOW you can calm down, it''s on your finger. LOL

Judy
:)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2007 12:41:10 PM
Hello All,

36.gif
as you should be! i''m so glad you are happy, and i''m thrilled that people thing your stone is larger than it is - that''s a nice little bonus! i am sorry to hear you weren''t quite back to your full self yet, i hope you feel a little better every day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all the enthusiasm and compliments.

I promise to have more pics for you all soon. But probably not till next week when we are in Vegas (YAY, it''s THURSDAY!).

Isaku-- I know right? It''s funny, but I chose the pave because I wanted a differentiation between the halo and the stone. And yet, from a distance it just looks like one big rock now. And you know what? Doesn''t bother me a bit.
11.gif
I''m taking better care, went to doctor it''s either an inner ear virus (most likely) or a seizure (unlikely but I''m to go to a neurologist before I drive again, and have an appointment on the 28th, first available). I''m sorry that you''ve not taken care of yourself, when you''ve had to care for others. It''s tough, isn''t it?

Pretty Asscher LADY
2.gif
, It was a surprising comparision. But you know I love your asscher, AND your setting very much.

Thank you Teetee! When is your lovely Ritani cushion due to arrive? I CAN''T WAIT TO SEE IT!

Lyra- THANK YOU very much!

SuLi-- Smart fiance! I''m so glad someone else has experienced this. It''s so weird for people. But I really wanted to keep the look of a solitare as much as possible... BUT with the halo to cure the DSS. Which is has. Can you link me to your lovely ring?
Lumpkin... I don''t know where it came from... left field. But it''s funny one of the things I used as an excuse was the cost (although truthfully that had nothing to do with it, a stock setting with pave shank would have cost less) of adding pave in the shank and she says... "Oh please, *I* would have paid for the extra thousand or whatever it would cost. All you had to do is ask"... I was just like.. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ask my mom to pay for part of my ENGAGEMENT RING setting, because I''m a spoiled brat and what something blingier than I can afford? At 32? Um. NO.

Ccu-- I''m definitely calmer. I AM staring at it an AWFUL LOT though. I think people at work thing I''m well... obsessed with the sparkle. Or just really shallow. ROFLMAO!

Oh Rainy!! I can''t wait to see your princess in the Eli!! I''m SO EXCITED for you! Thank you for the compliments.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been a bit MIA lately and missed this! It is so beautiful Gypsy! I love it! It looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''m so happy you like your ring! And wanting a solitaire yet also wanting a larger looking diamond without getting a larger one... well your ring is perfect!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, it''s lovely. Congratulations (albeit belatedly)!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, so glad that you finally got the ring of your dreams! The asscher really stands out in that setting, just lovely!

Funny, but the setting of the halo in particular totally reminds me of IceKid''s ring...what I recall of it from memory, anyway. Did that play any sort of inspirational part?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been more MIA than not lately, and though I''d seen this thread, I can''t remember if I commented, and I WANT to, so let me do it now.

Gypsy, that is G O R G E O U S! I cannot believe how classy, simple, and yet commanding that ring looks now. SO happy that you''ve finally found the right thing for you!

ENJOY, gal!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I CANNOT believe I missed this! It was in the hospital. So sorry! Anyways it is beautiful. I hope you are finally 100% happy and that this is your dream setting. It looks so great on your hand. Congrats!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came back and saw the handshots (and flower shots
30.gif
) and I want to tell you what you already know, I am sure...your ring is GORGEOUS!!! And it looks amazing on your hand!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this thread revived!!!

Mara... I do have the ring of my dreams. It''s just right for me. It''s funny, I had to look up Icekid''s ring to see. And I see what you mean, but I can''t say it was of particular influence on me, the biggest influence in terms of halo style was the Tacori plain shank halo plus these GORGEOUS HUGE haloed round earrings in Joe Escrobar... followed by the HW cushion ring. I am really really happy with it. I wear it only during the day (as opposed to all the time, like the other setting) and I find that helps the DSS as well. When I''ve been away from it I really look forward to coming back to it and putting it on. Thank you!

Aljd... THANK YOU. I do have just the exact right ring for me now, you''ve hit the nail on the head. And I''m very happy very happy with it. And enjoying it very much!

Tacori... Snort, as if you have to apologize for giving birth to that lovely little princess of yours. Thank you for the compliments!!!

Diamond Dana... Thank you as well, I love it. And I think the plumping effects of the halo finally give me the finger coverage of want, and really makes me really happy.

I cannot say enough how much LARGER my diamond looks, AND how much brighter. All the light reflections from the melee shoot fire into the step cut and make it glow in person. I''m constantly staring at it. I can''t wait to get the matching bands done!!! I''m considering um... two sets of bands. Initially the all diamond. But eventually diamond and blue sapphire as well.
20.gif
Shhh... don''t tell John.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I am so thrilled that you love your new setting! It looks so beautiful!!!

I''m sorry to hear you haven''t been well. I suffer from vertigo and its really scary so I hope you have made a full recovery!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, OMG, you're NOT going to change your mount, are you?? ( Susi, be still, she DIDN'T say she was going to )

I absolutely love it! I've drooled over this thread & your pics for weeks. Admittedly, I do not prefer a lot of pave, but, rather, a touch that accents an already beautiful stone, is fabulous. And yours is the prettiest I've ever seen.

( I'm probably as old or older than your Mom....and I feel you have just the most wonderful taste!!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Maisie, Thank you! I''m feeling much better. It was an inner ear infection apparently and I''m over it now. So it was just a passing thing. Vertigo does not sound fun! Take care of yourself!

Susi-- I have no plans to change the mount.. honestly, I don''t know what I''d change it to since this style suits me so well. I am going to get two matching pave 3/4 eternity pave bands for either side of it eventually... and then further down the road, two OTHER matching sapphire and diamond 3/4 eternity pave bands. That''s all. I promise. THank you for all the compliments! You made me blush! ((HUGS))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly didn''t know you had it until I saw someone else mention it in another thread. So I had to go digging! I *love* the idea of two thin pave bands flanking your beauty
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 12:48:51 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I honestly didn''t know you had it until I saw someone else mention it in another thread. So I had to go digging! I *love* the idea of two thin pave bands flanking your beauty
36.gif

LOL. It''s easy to get behind on here. I was off the boards Thanksgiving week, and all of the sudden DKS is a symbol, a bunch of new rings had come in and people were all geared up for Christmas!

I think it looks nice with the two bands. I tried two on either side of it in Vegas and it looked nice, but VERY blingy so I was taken aback a bit. I think I''m going to go super thin on the bands (1.3 mm melee for a 1.5 band) from Ocean as a result. What''s weird is that I think I have to order one in a 5.5 and another in a 6. 5.5 for the bottom band, 6 for the top. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue.
33.gif

I did also try on a SUPER thin Memoire eternity band with it and LOVED the look from top view, but didn''t like the side view of the bands.

Ahh well. All of that has to wait. It''s the holidays and we are BROKE. LOL. 7 neices and nephews, a wedding on NYE, and travelling to the east coast. Plus holiday dinner parties we''re hosting. Crazy how money can flow through your hands like water this time of year.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you set a wedding date yet? Perhaps you have time to save up for the bands! You could always add another one later. I think it is a good idea to get 3/4 b/c I am seriously scared I will never fit my wedding band back on! I finally for my e-ring but it is 1/4 of a size larger (they ordered the wrong size and I never got it sized. For once my laziness paid off haha!) I will never get another e-band (well not until I am doing having kids).

What about Michael B''s whisper bands?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 1:08:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Have you set a wedding date yet? Perhaps you have time to save up for the bands! You could always add another one later. I think it is a good idea to get 3/4 b/c I am seriously scared I will never fit my wedding band back on! I finally for my e-ring but it is 1/4 of a size larger (they ordered the wrong size and I never got it sized. For once my laziness paid off haha!) I will never get another e-band (well not until I am doing having kids).

What about Michael B''s whisper bands?
We''ll definitely be saving up for the bands. As for the wedding. We''re going to evaluate things mid January and set a 2008 date. I''m not sure when, as I haven''t let myself think about it. I''m am much for inclined to do a Vegas wedding now that I''ve been there though. The chapel at Mandalay Bay was gorgeous. Carmel is still my first choice though.

I love Michael B''s bands, but he is really pricey generally. I will have to look into the actual cost of the bands. My melee are single cut, and I really love that and I don''t think Michael B will customize that way... so in all honesty I''m probably going to go custom for the bands. Memoire apparently doesn''t do 3/4 eternity... so they are out because of that regardless, I want my rings sizable.

I''m sorry you can''t fit your wedding band yet but very happy to here your STUNNING e-ring is fitting.

I don''t think I ever told you how much I love the name Tessa, DH did a good job with the naming, and what a beautiful baby she is, I love that fist pic in moremoremore''s thread. How''s being a mommy? I''ve recently had a change of heart, and so has John... we are now considering children as a possiblity...though I''m terrified at the thought of pregnancy and birth (and boy did you go through a lot, I almost passed out reading your posts in the preggers thread).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results