shape
carat
color
clarity

Drumroll please... My SETTING!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, sweetie, are you OK??? Please get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. Promise you will rest all weekend, we need you to be healthy!!!
12.gif
2.gif

Your ring is simply spectacular, just gorgeous. Ocean did a fabulous job. I am thrilled for you!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:18:45 AM
Author: Linda W
Gypsy,

Stress will surly do that. Please take care of yourself. You are off tomorrow and you can spend all day looking at your gorgeous beautiful ring
30.gif

Linda

I definitely will Linda! Thank you for the love and concern. ((HUGS)) It was John''s day to baby-sit my mom tomorrow, so we are going over there... which isn''t the most stress-free thing to do... but it will free up much of my weekend to relax and unwind.

When I''m feeling better I''m going to take some pics of my ring with two thin pave bands to see how it looks. I think it''s going to be amazing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:27:44 AM
Author: Kaleigh
OMG, sweetie, are you OK??? Please get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. Promise you will rest all weekend, we need you to be healthy!!!
12.gif
2.gif

Your ring is simply spectacular, just gorgeous. Ocean did a fabulous job. I am thrilled for you!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

I will take care and rest. I promise. I also have Sergent John regulating my liquid intake... plus I was on IV saline for HOURS, so I think I''ll be okay. Just a little woozy still.

I thought we were having another earthquake, then I realized it was me. So mostly its some vertigo and nausea.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I am so glad you are OK. Please take care of yourself.

And thank you so much for your links and reply to my question about your ring.

And congrats!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

I just got home and raced to the computer to see your pictures. Hon, I am so sorry to hear about your day...that is the last thing you needed after all you''ve been through. Please, please, please take care of yourself! At least you have tomorrow to stare at your new beauty!

Aside from all that, your ring is TO DIE FOR!!! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it! It is absolute perfection, and I''m so glad you like it...maybe those rounded corners will grow on you, because I think it makes your ring look totally unique, and it''s not what you''d see on anyone else walking down the street.

It''s getting late, but just wanted to say hi and congratulations. Sending hugs your way and I hope you''re feeling better soon!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful! i like that in the first picture the culet and the basket look like a heart shape. congrats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh honey... I just got this cool pic of my halo... and you know what... I''m really QUICKLY coming around to the rounded edges I asked for. I think I''m just so used to looking at VERY octagonal halos around asschers that it''s taking me a little time to adjust to the reality of my halo. But this is ASET is so COOL! I love the single cuts... they are just fabulous and so fabulously matched in person. When set, Neil appraised the single cuts as F/G VS.

Gypsy New Halo ASET.JPG

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful it is on you and how large it looks! Very, very lovely Gypsy. Sorry to hear about your medical mishap. So, stay home drink tea and commune with your new ring. That should set you right in no time. (PSers remedy for wellness
1.gif
).

Congrats on your new ring and take care of yourself.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, gypsy, what an adventure for you, you poor thing. i''m glad you''re able to take a day off today and rest. Ok, i''m so laughing that John was on top of it enough to bring the ring to the hospital...your ring story will bring joy to others for many years to come, although i''m not sure how funny it was when it was actually happening
40.gif
2.gif
. The ring looks fabulous, just gorgeous and the halo really is the perfect size for you stone. it looks huge on you, in a good way and i think if you flank it with 2 pave bands it will be a wedding set you will never tire of. I know it''s been a long road for you but looks to be totally worth it in the end. congrats woman and please, wear it in good health
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Gypsy, take care of yourself sweetie!! I passed out a few years ago too and was rushed to the ER too......I understand what you had to go through (thank goodness, like you, they found nothing....it was good ''ole stress...) Make sure you rest up this weekend and start taking yoga or engage in another activity that will help to keep your stress under control....its really important....Im convinced stress can do absolutely ANYTHING to us if we let it!

And the ring......it''s just GORGEOUS!!! I love it, and it looks so FAB on your hand....When you feel better, I think we need like a TON more pics!! Its just unbelievable!! Enjoy it and wear it in the best of health and happiness always!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boy oh boy!!! i leave the computer alone for ONE evening and LOOK what i miss!! my goodness, kid, reading your other threads i was wondering how it was possible you were holding it all together, you just had far too much going on for one person to handle, even with great people like john around you. i''m glad it was not something medically serious, and i hope you take the time you need to relax and get back in balance. *hugs* and well wishes to you.

and the ring..... oooohhhhh, the ring!!! it''s gorgeous!!! i say, if you''re going to pass out from stress, having that ring is sure going to help with recovery!!
2.gif
41.gif
it''s beautiful, and i am SO SO SO glad that YOU love it!! i''ve learned my lesson: do. not. leave. computer. i''ll keep tuning in for more pics, so long as doctor''s orders say taking more is a-ok!!
2.gif
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/8/2007 11:55:54 PM
Author: Gypsy
Side view. I ADORE the side view... it''s even BETTER than I ever imagined!

I love the way the fuzzy pink bathrobe makes this look almost like rose gold on your side shot.

Wink

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I am sorry to hear about what happened, but I hope you''re feeling better! Glad you aren''t going to work today (more pictures?
11.gif
). Your husband was so thoughtful to bring the ring to you!
I love the new pictures--the ring looks just as gorgeous on your finger as it did in the original shots. Hooray!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I want to add my condolences about the stress. I know that life can be a little overwhelming at times and I am relieved to hear that although your romantic evening was partially ruined that you are going to be okay.

I look forward to talking with you when you feel better.

Wink

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You definitely need to kick it DOWN some notches girl - take care of yourself! Glad to hear all is okay. I know it wasn''t the optimal series of events, but that''s okay - Macaroni Grill ain''t too shabby either. I love that place! The ring looks spectacular!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!! Gypsy, your ring is beyond gorgeous. I never thought I loved haloes as much as other settings, but yours is just perfect! I love the sleek lines of the metal in the band, and the sparkle that the rbs give in the halo really make the asscher pop! It''s like the perfect combination between classic & modern looks. And the side view is incredible - I just love the prongs. Gorgeous ring!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Layla - take care of yourself!! You have worked so hard for everyone else these last few months, I think this incident combined with the arrival of the ring are a sign that you need to take more time to focus on yourself and your own health and wellness. I know you said you're visiting your mom today, but maybe this weekend you can do some brainstorming about ways to fit in more relaxing time for yourself. Its amazing how you have unselfishly cared for her and everyone else around you, but remember you're no good to them unless you take care of yourself too!

That ring is...umm...PERFECTION
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Its delicate and elegant and proportional and lovely, and just a bit antiquey-looking, but still with a modern sensibility. Its truly lovely and I'm thrilled for you that you are happy with it.
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Now try to focus on wearing it in good health!

Heidi

Rough_Rock
wow- its amazing!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
WOW! The RL shots are just amazing... it is so beautiful!
18.gif

Glad you are okay, take it easy and enjoy your new bling, its gorgeous!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
i luv it, tis very pretty, you deserve it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy! It''s gorgeous and looks fabulous on you!!! I love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait to see it in person! Now, please take good care of yourself. I know you''ve had a stressful last few months. Wear your gorgeous ring in good heath!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I keep coming back to look at the pictures of your beautiful ring. I so love the round edges of your halo, soooooo beautiful.

How are you feeling today? I hope you slept well.

Love, Linda

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It''s beautiful! It looks perfect on your hand.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh MY!!! The hand pics I am sure don''t do this ring justice. I absolutely LOVE it!!! And what a trooper you are to get our of your sick bed to get the camera and take pictures. You are a doll. Please feel better!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:54:44 PM
Author: Gypsy
It''s HUGE!!! WONDERFULLY SO! The polish is AMAZING (although in a few close up shots you probably will see finger prints)! The detail and the prongs and everything is GORGEOUS.

I LOVE IT. Although, I am wondering if I made absolutely the right decision to ask Ocean to round the corners a bit (to make them cushion-y) or if I should have left them more octagonal. Beyond that... It''s EVERYTHING I thought it would and could be! It''s delicate yet it''s also sturdy and it''s SO AMAZINGLY SHINY! Bling EVERYWHERE!

Finger coverage shot (I''m wearing my fuzzy pink bathrobe):

Gypsy. It''s perfect.

I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your lovely ring!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh Gypsy....the ring looks just fabulous...fabulous!! It looks great on your hand, and I bet flashes across the room. Great Going, Girl! Well done and bravo!

And I''m thrilled that you''re thrilled. It''s been a long haul...

Hee hee, I know we always talk about ''swooning'' with excitement over our sparklies, but you may be the first to actually do it! I''m glad you''re fine, but my goodness: take care of yourself!!

That ASET image is too cool. You''ve probably started a trend and now everuone will all want images of their halos!!
1.gif

I''m so so happy for you....can''t wait to see it at our next GTG.
3.gif

widget

PS I''m sorry I''m so late getting in on this final saga...I''ve been missing in action lately...lots going on at home lately.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The ring is perfect and the cushion shaped halo is just beautiful. You, my dear, must start taking better care of yourself. No excuses, now
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

My mother is such a PITA.

Her first comments on the ring:

It’s so plain!
It looks fake!
You have a beautiful diamond and this setting does nothing for it.

She REALLY dislikes that it doesn’t have pave on the shank.

Ah well, ya can’t make everyone happy all the time. She was slightly appeased by the thought of the flanking pave wedding bands.

I’m still happy with it.

Internet connection here is terrible, so I’m going to take pics in the backyard here (roses and so forth) then I’ll post them when I get home (tonight).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, sorry you have a lot going on right now. Best wishes for the best outcome of it all.

As for how I''m feeling... still dizzy and vertigo-ish. I''m lying down at my mom''s for the time being, John and my mom are hovering.

Thank you all for the compliments, and concern. The internet could blink out any second... so I''m keeping this really short. ((HUGS))

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:25:09 PM
Author: widget
Oh gosh Gypsy....the ring looks just fabulous...fabulous!! It looks great on your hand, and I bet flashes across the room. Great Going, Girl! Well done and bravo!

And I''m thrilled that you''re thrilled. It''s been a long haul...

Hee hee, I know we always talk about ''swooning'' with excitement over our sparklies, but you may be the first to actually do it! I''m glad you''re fine, but my goodness: take care of yourself!!

That ASET image is too cool. You''ve probably started a trend and now everuone will all want images of their halos!!
1.gif

I''m so so happy for you....can''t wait to see it at our next GTG.
3.gif

widget

PS I''m sorry I''m so late getting in on this final saga...I''ve been missing in action lately...lots going on at home lately.
Widget said it all so well!!

I was away for a day and so missed the actual finger shots after "the swooning".

The ring looks beautiful to me on and off your finger! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

May I be so blunt as to ask why your diet consisted of caffeine?? No time to eat? Excitement about the ring?? Concerns about your mom? Overworked? All of the above???
20.gif

Hopefully, you''ll take everyone''s well - intended advice and slow down!!! I''ve been in a similar situation to yours and realized too late that my body would take no more and rebelled big time!! Remember, that when you''re hospitalized, all jewellery has to be removed!!
38.gif

Enjoy the weekend and relax with (our never been more perfect) John.
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results