shape
carat
color
clarity

DO YOU IRON ''take 2'' - paging Canuck-Gal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Miss Lost,

Thank you so much for posting these latest details. It''s made me go back and take a look at the Montana model. It looks to me that the feed is from the top. The roller doesn''t look anywhere near as heavy or as substantial as yours either. I wonder if I should hold out for the larger model? Hmm, quandry ....

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
LS, would you mind taking a picture of your knee in action? I can''t make out in any of the pictures how the knee press works. Have you got the original chair with it too?

BTW, your knee needn''t be nekkid, I''m not kinky!

I may just have found one like yours a bit closer to home, I''ve fired off some questions. Watch this space

CS: Thanks

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:10:08 PM
Author: Gailey
LS, would you mind taking a picture of your knee in action? I can''t make out in any of the pictures how the knee press works. Have you got the original chair with it too?

BTW, your knee needn''t be nekkid, I''m not kinky!

I may just have found one like yours a bit closer to home, I''ve fired off some questions. Watch this space

CS: Thanks
WOOHOO! how exciting that you may have found one! Do you know who manufactured it? If so, that link at the bottom of the previous page has all of the US models on it....The one in Montana is a "Gladiron". I think, after using the Ironrite, I''d only consider an Ironrite....now that I look at the others and compare (not having known any of this when I found the ironrite!), IT is one of the best ones out there. Of course, they''re all like, 60 years old so none are going to be perfect.

But when I looked at the feed mechanism, I was sold. DH keeps commenting at how fast I feed into it without my fingers getting burnt. I think with the ones feeding from the top I''d always be ''mangling'' my hands.

I''ll go take some pics of the knee press thingies. They''re kind of hard to explain...hang on a sec...

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
It''s an Ironrite model 85, is that the same as yours? Don''t get too excited yet, I''ll wait and see if it works!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:45:05 PM
It''s an Ironrite model 85, is that the same as yours? Don''t get too excited yet, I''ll wait and see if it works!
YES!!!

I''m on the phone - have your pics ready - gimme a few minutes!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Ironrite Photo Montage #3:
Knee Pedal Detail (+ 1 BLUEBERRY!)

Gailey:

You sit at the front with the front worksurface in the ''down'' position. For the pics it''s tilted up so you can see the knee pedals.

You put your knees in between the knee pedals, and use the right one (push it out with your knee) to start the roller. And the left one is for when you want to stop the roller action while the roller is in the ''down'' position.
Where did you find one??

LS

Foo185.JPG

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gailey:

Is it the one in PA?

Looks to be in good shape. If you can keep the $$ low, it would offset the cost of shipping....

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, I get it - but where were your knees!? I wanted to see you all ''knee''d up and in action!!

Thankis LS, I''ve got a much better idea now.

It''s on this side of the 49th parallel!! I''ll let you know more when I get favourable responses to my questions.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Double post - oops!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 7:57:53 PM
OK, I get it - but where were your knees!? I wanted to see you all ''knee''d up and in action!!

Thankis LS, I''ve got a much better idea now.

It''s on this side of the 49th parallel!! I''ll let you know more when I get favourable responses to my questions.
HOW ON GOD''S GREEN EARTH AM I GOING TO GET A PIC OF MY OWN KNEES UNDER THE IRONRITE???

The only way would be for sweet DH to take the pic for me and he''s already planning an intervention.
9.gif

Congrats on this side of the 49th! That''s GREAT.

I am so excited for you!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hey:

Another good thing on this website: http://www.jitterbuzz.com/indirn.html

Go to the Ironrite section in the Table of Contents. Third link from the bottom of that section = Manuals.

If you follow the instructions, this guy will e-mail you BOTH the product and the service manual.

I got them both. Would send them to you but we can''t e-mail (d*mn rules). It has everything you need in them, plus of course, you have to watch the videos. They''re funny, but actually quite informative.

I really hope you get the model 85: it''s a far superior product.

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Where there''s a will, there''s a way LS. The secret''s all in the angles, but I agree - you might have needed to have had Mr Lost strategically placed beneath you with the camera for a good shot!!!!!

Now stop getting my hopes up. Besides, I thought I did well to swing a trip to Montana. Once Mr Gailey hears he hasn''t got to go anywhere near as interesting or scenic and has to manhandle the damn thing (all 200 lbs of it) in and out of the car and up the steps into the house, not only is he going to need a surgical truss and possibly oxygen, but I may have to give up the coat closet to house it!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 8:19:22 PM
Where there''s a will, there''s a way LS. The secret''s all in the angles, but I agree - you might have needed to have had Mr Lost strategically placed beneath you with the camera for a good shot!!!!!

Now stop getting my hopes up. Besides, I thought I did well to swing a trip to Montana. Once Mr Gailey hears he hasn''t got to go anywhere near as interesting or scenic and has to manhandle the damn thing (all 200 lbs of it) in and out of the car and up the steps into the house, not only is he going to need a surgical truss and possibly oxygen, but I may have to give up the coat closet to house it!
Very funny....

I''ll suggest your strategy to Mr. Lost. I''m sure he''d be terrified to be under that thing if I had it heated up and all....nyuk nyuk

OK so here''s the thing: I was under the impression it weighed 200 lbs. There''s no way, as Mr. Lost and I carried the top (the top unit separates from the legs) from the garage into the house, up 3 steps too....and I had BRAIN SURGERY 2 months ago and it didn''t strain my head so bad that anything leaked out! I figure 100lbs tops.

see, I can tell you have a sense of humour!

Really Important: To move or ship it my seller drains the gearbox out and gives the customer a bottle of the oil (MAKE SURE TO ASK THEM ABOUT THIS - IF THEY SAY "NO NEED TO DRAIN THE OIL" YOU KNOW YOU''RE NOT DEALING WITH A LEGIT PERSON or they don''t know what they''re doing). Once it''s put back together, make sure you have it where you want it. Because you can''t tip it on its side once the oil gets put back into the gear box, or it leaks all over the place..

Mine slides into the closet of my TV room. It''s one of those standard bedroom closets with a shelf on one side. Once we oiled up the castors, it slides in and out beautifully. I''m up and mangling in minutes...

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this on a laundry forum:

"Speaking of Martha Stewart --she has a mangle in one of her homes, and said at a company meeting that when she wakes up extra early and can''t get back to sleep, she goes down to the basement and irons the napkins."

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 8:40:09 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Just saw this on a laundry forum:

''Speaking of Martha Stewart --she has a mangle in one of her homes, and said at a company meeting that when she wakes up extra early and can''t get back to sleep, she goes down to the basement and irons the napkins.''

LS
Actually, a few of us media mogul superstars find this is really helps. As Linda and I were discussing just the other day, sometimes all the pressures of being a domestic goddess as well as the nations'' top female young, corporate executives can be a little wearing on the psyche. You do know that Martha''s napkins are polyester don''t you? I''ve seen them in Sears!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:44:18 PM
Actually, a few of us media mogul superstars find this is really helps. As Linda and I were discussing just the other day, sometimes all the pressures of being a domestic goddess as well as the nations' top female young, corporate executives can be a little wearing on the psyche. You do know that Martha's napkins are polyester don't you? I've seen them in Sears!
EW EW EW

...I guess you can call me a polyester snot. She probably just sells the polyester...doesn't actually use those products...

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gailey:

So was that YOUR winning bid for the Gladiron in Montana? I see the auction is closed...

Or how is the ''hunt'' for an Ironrite coming along? Are you getting responses to your questions about the one you found North of the 49th?
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
No, I decided to hold out for the one closer to home. I haven''t heard back yet.
face14.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:11:17 PM
No, I decided to hold out for the one closer to home. I haven''t heard back yet.
face14.gif
Good plan.
LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Any luck, Gailey?
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
No, not yet. I''ll fire off another message, but it''s Spring Break, so maybe the owner is away.

We are buried in another 3ft of snow - I''m not getting out of bed until it goes away. So much for Mr Gailey re-assuring me that it will miss us!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:20:19 PM
No, not yet. I''ll fire off another message, but it''s Spring Break, so maybe the owner is away.

We are buried in another 3ft of snow - I''m not getting out of bed until it goes away. So much for Mr Gailey re-assuring me that it will miss us!
HI:

Then, like me, you have time to hand iron those sheets. Cuz I won;t be leaving the house today.........
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
My son has just sent me a message on Facebook : "There''s no business like SNOW business"!

Mr Gailey spent about an hour and a half yesterday morning trying to demolish the new artic ice shelf that developed on our patio before Christmas. This moring it''s bigger than ever!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, Gailey and Canuck-Gal:

Here in Southern Ontario it''s not exactly balmy, but I spent an hour today cutting back my raspberry canes as they were starting to bud... there''s mud everywhere (NO SNOW!). Bulbs are starting to come up in the garden as well.

Sorry about your snow storm. Now get those ironing boards out, put on a good movie and GET AT THE FLATWORK!!!

Alternative: come over here for a mangle party!

LS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 1:27:55 PM

Here in Southern Ontario it''s not exactly balmy, but I spent an hour today cutting back my raspberry canes as they were starting to bud... there''s mud everywhere (NO SNOW!). Bulbs are starting to come up in the garden as well.

Sorry about your snow storm. Now get those ironing boards out, put on a good movie and GET AT THE FLATWORK!!!

LS
HI:

Thanks for the invite--but today I am in love with another handy dandy machine; my Honda snowblower!

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:46:02 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 3/22/2009 1:27:55 PM

LS
HI:

Thanks for the invite--but today I am in love with another handy dandy machine; my Honda snowblower!

cheers--Sharon
It''s gonna take more than a snow blower today!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
As I was saying .........

Mr Gailey in snow today.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OUCH! Hope it melts soon.

We had our shovel out too today...but it was for mucking around in the garden!

My rhubarb is starting to peek through...

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s just wicked teasing LS! I hope you''ve got one of these on top of your rhubarb! I''m not expecting to see mine before June!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 12:59:30 AM
Now that''s just wicked teasing LS! I hope you''ve got one of these on top of your rhubarb! I''m not expecting to see mine before June!
whoa. Have never seen one of those things! Very interesting. Might have to scope that out...

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results