shape
carat
color
clarity

DO YOU IRON ''take 2'' - paging Canuck-Gal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gailey:

Any luck, or are you shipping your mangle-tasks over to my house?
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey LS

I''m afraid it''s not at the forefront of my mind today. A close friend of mine died this morning, the day before her daughter''s 9th birthday.

I''m a bit off my game! And may not respond to many posts for the next little bit, but I didn''t not want to respond to you, because you and PS have been keeping me going these last few weeks.

XX

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 9:43:00 PM
Author: Gailey
Hey LS

I''m afraid it''s not at the forefront of my mind today. A close friend of mine died this morning, the day before her daughter''s 9th birthday.

I''m a bit off my game! And may not respond to many posts for the next little bit, but I didn''t not want to respond to you, because you and PS have been keeping me going these last few weeks.

XX
HI:

39.gif

kind regards--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon. XX

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 9:43:00 PM
Hey LS

XX
Oh my goodness. How terribly sad.

I hope you can spend some time with her daughter. Poor thing.

We''ll keep you in our thoughts. See you when you are feeling better about things.
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LS. XX

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
''scuse me while I go mangle something....
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sikippy, thanks for posting this - I''m off for a read!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of you when my sheets weren''t perfectly smooth; your iron machine would come in handy. hehee I guess I need to pull out my iron and iron the top of my sheets.
14.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome to bring them over: I''m "taking in laundry" for anyone who''s interested!
2.gif

LS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 5:24:27 PM
Author: LostSapphire
You''re welcome to bring them over: I''m ''taking in laundry'' for anyone who''s interested!
2.gif

LS
LOL while giving you a hug!
biggyhug.gif
Sounds like you are doing awesome and having a fabulous time ironing
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 5:29:21 PM
Author: Skippy123
LOL while giving you a hug!
biggyhug.gif
Sounds like you are doing awesome and having a fabulous time ironing
9.gif
Thanks Skippy. I''m doing not too bad for an old broad with a hole in her head!

LS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 11:05:20 AM

Date: 3/17/2009 9:59:05 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 3/16/2009 10:42:34 PM
Now that doesn''t sound like a bad plan!

How about it Thelma?

Love Louise!

PS: This is in no way to denegrade CG and her problem with rib burn, but I thought you''d like to hear a funny story. I had a very bad fall September 2007. I landed on my left knee - all 150lbs of me. I was in agony for months. I got to about February and I''m seriously worried because I can''t put any weight on it and I spend my working life on my knees! So off I toodle to the doctor and he''s still advocating rest. I exclaim, ''For God''s sake George, you''ve gotta fix this - gardeners are like hookers, WE NEED OUR KNEES!''
HI:

HA! Is Brad Pitt available?

You should see my GF''s rose garden--it is devine, over 200 bloomers--she is a collector.

As for the gardening--I have nothing like your excuse.
3.gif
2.gif
Enuf said!

cheers--Sharon
Wow CG, 200 roses!! Has she ever entered the Hort Society competition? Your GF doesn''t live on Canyon Meadow Dr SW by any chance? I''m always amazed at the fantastic display and the lengths they go to there. Ask your friend if she has a floribunda rose called ''Intrigue''. A velvety purple with a scent to die for! I''m ashamed to say I buy mine every year! If I didn''t do what I do, I''d be volunteering to help restore the Heinbecker rose garden, I went last summer and could have cried at how it''s gone downhill since Don H passed away.

Who''d have thunk, roses would be more interesting than Brad Pitt!! Hey but I''ll ask him if he''s interested in heading to Michigan with us to get a mangle iron, we''re having breakfast later! Watch this space ...
HI:

Gailey--here is my GF''s response to your rose query:

This rose wins alot of prizes at our rose shows. It''s a favouite due to it''s amazing fragrance and deep purple-red colour. I don''t have it but lots of my rose buddies do. I may grow it in a pot this year as I won''t have a garden in the near future. It should be easy to grow with good soil, moisture and air circulation and lots of compost for feed.

chees-Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CG, and thank you to your friend too. BTW, your link didn''t work.
emotion-18.gif

Did you ask your girlfriend about the other rose, the pink/peachy one that I posted pictures of? No matter if you didn''t. I am volunteering on Sunday at the Hort Soc show. I think I will join the Rose Soc. I''ll print off the pictures I posted and take them with me. Hopefully, there will be an aficionado there that might be able to help.

Thanks again. XX

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 6:46:26 PM
Thanks CG, and thank you to your friend too. BTW, your link didn''t work.
emotion-18.gif

Did you ask your girlfriend about the other rose, the pink/peachy one that I posted pictures of? No matter if you didn''t. I am volunteering on Sunday at the Hort Soc show. I think I will join the Rose Soc. I''ll print off the pictures I posted and take them with me. Hopefully, there will be an aficionado there that might be able to help.

Thanks again. XX
HI:

Sorry I quickly cut and pasted her response and it was underlined--I was running off to an all day seminar and couldn''t erase it....hence no linky...I wonder if my GF will be there.....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOK I must be losing it b/c I took my new white sheets out of their packages and ironed away--and actually enjoyed it!

I kept thinking what a mangle could do for me--I could buy more sheets!

Love the crisp white.....

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 10:47:16 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

OKOK I must be losing it b/c I took my new white sheets out of their packages and ironed away--and actually enjoyed it!

I kept thinking what a mangle could do for me--I could buy more sheets!

Love the crisp white.....

cheers--Sharon
Nah, you''re not losing it CG. Losing it happens when you launder the sheets, dry them until they are still damp, sprinkle them with rosewater, fold neatly and freeze for 12 hours and then iron fresh from the freezer.

Not that I would know that of course ...................!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results