color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2009 11:17:29 AM
Author: AGBF

Wow, Sharon! I now know why you chose the Gehry! It has presence! Is it physically comfortable? It looks like something a Queen might wear for the opening of Parliament or other State occasions!!!

Deb, very impressed!!!
AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Deb--it is comfortable given its "mass". Wide rings always take some getting "used" to, but I wanted a wide gold ring and got it!

Thanks for stopping by!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 11:55:16 AM
Author: coatimundi
Hey-a!

My mom''s ring is being made. I ended up choosing a handmade 22k gold 5.5mm band with an ideal cut diamond flush set. Satin finish on the band.

Pics to come!
Wow, can''t wait to see it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I bet it is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What a wonderful gift; she will love
30.gif
it

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 6:54:42 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 5/8/2009 11:55:16 AM
Hey-a!

My mom''s ring is being made. I ended up choosing a handmade 22k gold 5.5mm band with an ideal cut diamond flush set. Satin finish on the band.

Pics to come!
Wow, can''t wait to see it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I bet it is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What a wonderful gift; she will love
30.gif
it
Aww, me too, sounds fabulous!!! I am sure she will be thrilled!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/8/2009 11:55:16 AM

Skippy and Lisa are too easily pleased. Not enough detail here, coati. Who is making it? How did you find the goldsmith? Do you have any pictures of his (or her) other work? I put my heart and soul into this search for your mother''s ring and I expect a little more information back from you when it is your turn to have information! Come on. You can do better.

AGBF
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:41:08 AM

Date:
5/8/2009 11:55:16 AM

Skippy and Lisa are too easily pleased. Not enough detail here, coati. Who is making it? How did you find the goldsmith? Do you have any pictures of his (or her) other work? I put my heart and soul into this search for your mother''s ring and I expect a little more information back from you when it is your turn to have information! Come on. You can do better.

AGBF
34.gif
HA!! No not easily pleased, I know Coati and know she did her work in selecting this for her Mom. She can teach us all a thing or two!!!!
2.gif
But yes would love to hear more....
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I moved my post asking for general opinions about gold and other choices to a separate thread, a few weeks ago. I don''t know if you saw it. In any case, I chose gold.
3.gif

My favorite gold designer is whoever made the hat crown in my avatar. Just kidding!
17.gif

Deb, you, Harriet, and anyone else who wants to join us, please don''t forget about my who''s who thread. I can and I am checking in occasionally.

Thank you for your recent recommendation there. Ok, I''m out of this thread for now.
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/7/2009 3:54:22 AM
Author: Imdanny

Please forgive me for the mini-thread hijack, but I need advice from the prospective of gold enthusiasts, and this is the thread for gold enthusiasts.

I'm buying a solid band that's available in 18kt gold and platinum. The platinum alloy is ruthenium. They're both the same quality ring, the same ring, as I said.

I have gone back and forth about whether I like gold or not, whether I want gold or not, and whether I want platinum or not.
38.gif

I can choose ONE.

So, gold and jewelry experts, my question is what do you think of the FINISH of gold vs. platinum?

I want to know what the ring is going to look like in 5+ years and how much am I going to be able to bring it back as closely as possible to its original finish.

I want to run my current thinking by you and please tell me what you think.

I'm concerned that since platinum develops a patina (the molecules being moved around instead of worn off) if I get platinum, it's going to a) not shine and then b) I'll have to have someone polish it- and I wonder if polishing it will move the molecules around so that the shape of the original ring doesn't stay, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking that a) gold holds its finish better and b) I could polish it myself.

My #1 concern in choosing between them is the finish. Long story short, I don't like scratches (yes, I know everything scratches), and over a period of time, I don't want the ring to not shine. That is the thing I think is more important to me (more important than weight, more important than the choice of yellow or white).

I've thought about this a lot to narrow it down this far. But I have to make a decision.
40.gif

Please help! Thanks.

OK, Danny...now I have to figure out where you have put this so that I can join you to discuss it :). Is this the Lucida band to which you referred in Who's Who or something else? I will see if you have a separate thread started in Jewelry Pieces about this, if not I will see if you are discussing it in your Who's Who thread. I am so sorry not to have responded!

I am about to take my daughter to her day hospital program, so I'll be seeing you later ;-).

Your friend,
Deb
34.gif

PS-Your icon pushed me over into buying a DVD of the first season of, "The Tudors" and I have actually roped my daughter into watching it with me. Once she has started to get interested in a subject (eg Hernry VIII) she will then pursue the subject. So I now look forward to many, many more movies with her including, "Mary, Queen of Scots" and the BBC series "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" and "Elizabeth R".

PPS-I just wanted anyone who sees this posting to know that I found the thread and that they can join me there if they wish!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:51:56 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/12/2009 12:41:08 AM

Skippy and Lisa are too easily pleased. Not enough detail here, coati. Who is making it? How did you find the goldsmith? Do you have any pictures of his (or her) other work? I put my heart and soul into this search for your mother's ring and I expect a little more information back from you when it is your turn to have information! Come on. You can do better.

AGBF
34.gif
HA!! No not easily pleased, I know Coati and know she did her work in selecting this for her Mom. She can teach us all a thing or two!!!!
2.gif
But yes would love to hear more....
1.gif
Ditto, maybe Deb she is super excited since this is a gift of love and I am betting she put her heart and soul into the design of the perfect ring for her dear mom. I mean many of us buy stuff for ourselves all the time but buying gifts for others is quite special and we want it to be perfect for the person we love!!! I would love to hear about more people buying gifts of loves for others; I think it is extremely sweet.

I am guessing based on Coati's exceptional taste it will be exquisite
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks dear Skippy, Linda, and Lisa!!
35.gif
The ring is not ready yet, but when it is, I''ll be sure to share pics!
36.gif
I''m so psyched to give my mom this ring. I hope she loves it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/22/2009 2:55:41 PM

coati, I hope I am not repeating myself...but I may be. I 'found' this vendor today, but I may have found her before and posted a link to her in this thread before! She is on Etsy. This band was only $595.00. I do not know if you gave up on the idea of a band with stones for your mother, but I wanted to point out the vendor. I hope I didn't point her out twice. (It is also possible, of course, that someone else pointed her out and that now I have found her. I apologize if I am doing that, too!)

Senile Deb
34.gif

Hey, Skippy! I'm just dragging this old posting out from the middle of the thread to show that I love Coati and and her mom and want her mom to have the best ring in the world :). I know Coati has been working on the project for ages and I have every confidence the ring will be exactly what her mother wanted. Coati asked for help in this thread a long time ago and we all got interested in the project.

I was just teasing and I didn't want you to think that my teasing Coati was meant seriously!!!

AGBF
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi Deb!

Thanks so much for all of your help. I''ve been working a lot lately, and I have not had much time to check this thread. I thought I''d update you all on the progress, and it''s almost ready!

Your help is much appreciated!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 1:29:14 PM

Hey, Skippy! I'm just dragging this old posting out from the middle of the thread to show that I love Coati and and her mom and want her mom to have the best ring in the world :). I know Coati has been working on the project for ages and I have every confidence the ring will exactly what her mother wanted. Coati asked for help in this thread a long time ago and we all got interested in the project.

I was just teasing and I didn't want you to think that my teasing Coati was meant seriously!!!

AGBF
34.gif
emthup.gif
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 1:32:45 PM
Hi Deb!

Thanks so much for all of your help. I've been working a lot lately, and I have not had much time to check this thread. I thought I'd update you all on the progress, and it's almost ready!

Your help is much appreciated!

I will be delighted to see a picture of that ring, Coati, and if your mother is willing to allow a hand shot it will be even more spectacular...but I know that she may feel that that is an invasion of privacy!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/13/2009 5:15:57 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Cute stuff here, prices appear to be in Canadian $$:

http://www.queenbeedesign.com/home.htm
I took a look at the site and the result was that I went on a search for multi-strand circle link necklaces to match my earrings since I didn't see any on your site, Sharon! I'm not saying I'm going to buy this necklace, but I'm tempted! My earrings are 14K, so they would match! I didn't know what to search for when I searched, though! I didn't know what to call those soft circles of metal that make you want to play with them! Here is a link.

AGBF
34.gif

QVCNecklace14K.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this 17" one (also in 14K yellow gold) from Tara Fine Jewelry, too! Can anyone find one that is even fuller? I wouldn''t mind a 16" with more strands!

AGBF
34.gif

TaraFineJewelry.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 8:12:24 PM

Date:
5/13/2009 5:15:57 PM

Cute stuff here, prices appear to be in Canadian $$:

http://www.queenbeedesign.com/home.htm
I took a look at the site and the result was that I went on a search for multi-strand circle link necklaces to match my earrings since I didn''t see any on your site, Sharon! I''m not saying I''m going to buy this necklace, but I''m tempted! My earrings are 14K, so they would match! I didn''t know what to search for when I searched, though! I didn''t know what to call those soft circles of metal that make you want to play with them! Here is a link.

AGBF
34.gif
Sharon, Deb,
Tres chic.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb--I like both of those styles--altho I must admit to be drawn to the lightweigh version (reminds me of a slinky!)...... Would you wear the necklace/earrings together?

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon! I just had an image of Deb with a slinky wrapped around her neck.
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Whoa-way too big! Here it is smaller.

momsring121112.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swoon, it is gorgeous; your dear mom will be so in love with your sweet gift.
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
exquisite!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh and Deb, I don''t know if you''ve seen this chain or seen this ebay seller, but here''s another one who works in 24k. I love this chain.

Link

I crave more GOLD.

DSC03093.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring coati!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Coati--your Mom''s ring is superb! Let us know how she likes it!

BTW, gorgeous chain!

Harriet: I can''t get that silly slinky song out of my head...but Deb wanted something to describe how the chain would feel and that is the "best" reference I could come up with!
20.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Coati,
Your Mom''s ring is TDF!!! Just exquisite... You have such great taste. She''ll be more than thrilled, I''m sure. Great job lady, you are such a kind and thoughtful daughter!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Coati, I love your moms ring. It is just gorgeous. She is going to be so thrilled. What a dear, sweet daughter you are.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxox

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 8:49:11 PM
HI:

Harriet: I can''t get that silly slinky song out of my head...but Deb wanted something to describe how the chain would feel and that is the ''best'' reference I could come up with!
20.gif

cheers--Sharon
What slinky song? I didn''t know one existed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coati, I am sorry to be late in replying to your photo, but I had houseguests! The ring you had made for your mother is simply exquisite! I absolutely love the rich color and the satin finish...and I love the clear ideal cut arrows one sees as soon as he glances at the ring, too! It is just amazing! It is a gold lover''s dream and a diamond lover''s dream. Good job!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:55:40 PM
Whoa-way too big! Here it is smaller.
Wowzers! That''s some ring miss, I love it!!
30.gif
What a sweet daughter you are.
face23.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results