shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bah. Forget about that female dog and enjoy your new necklace. I can''t see enough of it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dear Deborah--here is my hand
emhug2.gif
, sorry for your anguish. Your necklace is very beautiful and worthy of your neck.

The links remind me of the Filiica gold (old piece, posted here) and pearl necklace I wear daily through the summer. The length, like mine, is very versatile. You are in good company!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2009 9:58:21 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Dear Deborah--here is my hand
emhug2.gif
, sorry for your anguish. Your necklace is very beautiful and worthy of your neck.

The links remind me of the Filiica gold (old piece, posted here) and pearl necklace I wear daily through the summer. The length, like mine, is very versatile. You are in good company!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
newflica1.JPG

cheers--Sharon

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really loving this set from Julia Kay Taylor...

domeringneck.jpg

And this:
jkayt%20ring.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I hope I never anger you!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2009 10:41:02 PM
Author: Harriet
Sharon, I hope I never anger you!
9.gif
HI:

Harriet--my DH "owes" me a trip....I keep thinking I "need" to come to NYC. Your choices of shopping and eating would suit me to a tee!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait.
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sharon,

I am not sure it was on this website (portero.com), but I recently saw and bookmarked the first pair of earrings, the 18K Roberto Coin ones! I won''t buy them, but I like to have a link to them at hand so that I can post a reference to them easily! I think they are gorgeous or, as everyone has been saying here lately, "divine"!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link isn''t working, so I am posting a photo of the earrings :).

AGBF

RobertoCoin18KEarringsAGBF.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI gang:

I was at my jewellers today and saw a sweet estate 18K yellow (or pink??) gold bracelet--but it was on hold for someone else.....

Any suggestion wher I might look online for estate gold bracelet/pieces? Signed Pieces recently had a Tiffany gold bracelet--but they never last long...shouldda jumped on that one....I wouldn;t mind a bangle or a thick big link classic Italian desiign..

I have been toying with the idea of having a 24K cuff made--but might be too soft...but it would be cool looking

Tradergirl--don''t know if you visit this forum often but you seem to buy/have a bead on the secondary market...any tips? You mentioned Potero the other day in a thread, but I didn''t think their prices were all that sweet
33.gif

P.S. I saw a cute pair of Tiffany earrings--but are a discontninued style. Should this effect the pricing??

chees--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 4:59:44 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI gang:

I was at my jewellers today and saw a sweet estate 18K yellow (or pink??) gold bracelet--but it was on hold for someone else.....

Any suggestion wher I might look online for estate gold bracelet/pieces? Signed Pieces recently had a Tiffany gold bracelet--but they never last long...shouldda jumped on that one....I wouldn;t mind a bangle or a thick big link classic Italian desiign..

I have been toying with the idea of having a 24K cuff made--but might be too soft...but it would be cool looking

Tradergirl--don''t know if you visit this forum often but you seem to buy/have a bead on the secondary market...any tips? You mentioned Potero the other day in a thread, but I didn''t think their prices were all that sweet
33.gif

P.S. I saw a cute pair of Tiffany earrings--but are a discontninued style. Should this effect the pricing??

chees--Sharon
bump

P.S. I looked at melony pino (ebay) yesterday and nothing caught my eye...)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buccellati''s tulle.
3.gif
I wish I could send my French cut diamonds their way.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

Your latest icon made me think that I was reading MZ'' postings! (I always associate her with orange stones, namely with spessartite.) I take it that you have a new ring? I cannot keep up with any projects other than those discussed in this thread, so please post a link so that I can go take a look at what you have had created!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,

The link to the bracelet you posted is not working for me now, but I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago. It was not my taste, but I do not always have the same taste as other members :). I would say that if you like it, that that is what matters!

My experience with 24K gold bangles is that they are not too soft, but I do not know how a cuff would differ from a bangle. I like the 24K idea very much, so I guess I agree with Harriet.

AGBF
34.gif

Miss De Ville

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I noticed that there was a post back there asking for information about www.beladora.com! I work there, actually, and I can tell you pretty much whatever you want to know.
Yes, our product is estate but it is all in EXCELLENT condition. We prefer to work with estate jewelry because we believe it to be a better value to the customer.
If you have any questions about anything, I would be more than happy to answer!

(And, on a personal note, I thoroughly adore the Carlo Weingrill pieces that we have. He''s by far my favorite gold designer.)

- Miss De Ville

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a long yellow gold (maybe it was fake?) necklace... like 36-40 inches... gold chain with random open hoops of various sizes scattered throughout the piece. You can wear it long or double it. ANYONE know wher I can find one? Sorrry I can''t find a picture.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OK here in PS on vacay--and have been looking a gold bracelets.

To die for Roberto Coin large oval link rose gold. Alternating brushed/high polish links.

http://www.mulloysjewelry.com/roberto-coin-18k-yellowgold-8-satin-and-polished-oval-link-bracelet/36812.html

Absolutley stunning Tiffany "Notes" yellow gold cuff. Despite the very tight fit, but I found it difficult to give it back to the salesclerk. I really really really had to give pause to the earrings in the same collection--they are marvellous. Very weighty pieces. Oddly enough, my DH preferred the Atlas bangle.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02158&mcat=148206&cid=288192&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288192-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02340&mcat=148206&cid=471074&search_params=s+5-p+4-c+471074-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=23013177&mcat=148206&cid=471074&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+5-p+11-c+471074-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Buccellati. What can you say. Crepe de Chine woven gold bracelet . Craftsmenship to the nth degree. But 18k pricetag quickly eliminated that from any serious consideration. BTW Harriet--loved the collection in general and saw your necklace.

http://www.buccellati.com/eng/start.html

David Yurman had a very interesting colored stone cuff--really really pretty, rather surprised that I would like it so well. Red oval mosiac bracelet.

http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponline/product.aspx?itemId=Y06SA&folderid=/women/bracelets

Interesting Stern gold cuff--very Egyptianesque. Liked it the least.

Gurhan large gold cuff with "pewter" engraving? Very unique, very heavy--very Romanesque.

Hard to know what to consider--with all the choices! What took me to Tiffany's originally was an interest in the Gehry torque bangle, but they only had it in silver. I noticed that SP has three rose gnagle currently, but I kinda think I am over the stacking bracelet...or am I??

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, Sharon,

Today is B day!

Btw, Gurhan has a new collection featuring boulder opals. The colour-combo works very well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grr. The Honolulu bracelet was supposed to be in New York yesterday (Bergdorf ordered it 2 months ago). I doubt it's ever coming. Grr.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/25/2009 5:36:36 PM

Grr. The Honolulu bracelet was supposed to be in New York yesterday (Bergdorf ordered it 2 months ago). I doubt it's ever coming. Grr.
Harriet,

Did you end up being able to get this with special points or could you have taken your custom elsewhere? This sounds like an awfully long wait for such an expensive object, my dear!!!!

Love,
Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/24/2009 8:37:44 AM

Btw, Gurhan has a new collection featuring boulder opals. The colour-combo works very well.
Oh! That reminds me! While I was shirt shopping for my husband's birthday (he needed some more reputable shirts to go with his new cuff llinks), I saw that a local men's store had made a change. Instead of carrying Yossi Harari jewelry as they used to, they now carry Gurhan. I haven't been in that (Greenwich, Connecticut) store in years so the switch could have happened years ago. Nonetheless, at some point the scales tipped in favor of Gurhan for whatever reason. That used to be a place where I could walk in and find a Yossi Harari piece if I wanted to see one. I guess it's a good thing that I do not often feel the need to see a Yossi Harari piece!

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2009 2:38:50 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
7/25/2009 5:36:36 PM

Grr. The Honolulu bracelet was supposed to be in New York yesterday (Bergdorf ordered it 2 months ago). I doubt it''s ever coming. Grr.
Harriet,

Did you end up being able to get this with special points or could you have taken your custom elsewhere? This sounds like an awfully long wait for such an expensive object, my dear!!!!

Love,
Deb
34.gif
HI:

Bummer. At the outset, were you notified of the same?

When I ordered a smaller size in the Gehry T/C torque ring--I was told AT least 2 months, so no suprises for me...

cheer--sHaron

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 2:38:50 PM
Author: AGBF
Harriet,

Love,
Deb
34.gif
The discussion of points hasn''t even entered the picture since we may pay with cash. So, yes, I could have gone to Buccellati itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results