carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thought I posted a picture of those earrings--I must be living in some alternate universe.....

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2007 4:03:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Thought I posted a picture of those earrings--I must be living in some alternate universe.....

cheers--Sharon
Well, I was hoping to be living there, too. Try again, darn it!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tasty.JPG

Customs bangles from Chuk Kam Fine Jewellery.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2007 1:16:19 PM
tasty.JPG

Thank you for posting your new bangles in this thread, Sharon. I wanted to point out that they are hollow and lightweight, are made of 24K gold, and that they open and close. They are described in another thread, but I had hoped to make sure we had a record of them here in this one!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For all those who follow this thread and love the high carat gold jewellery what do you think of (see #F5 & F7) of the following designer? Me likey.

http://www.michaelbarin.com/vogue1.html

After Jesiccam (SMTR) posted her magnificent jewellery from this designer I was interested to see more and perused his website. I believe these bracelets are 22K.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2007 8:20:42 PM
For all those who follow this thread and love the high carat gold jewellery what do you think of (see #F5 & F7) of the following designer?

I was unable to get to the site yesterday; today I got there with great ease. What a difference a day makes! The gold in those two pieces looks luscious to me.

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you gold lovers familiar with a designer, Faraone Mennela?? There is a gold necklace at Neiman''s that I love, but tis pricey. Wanted to know if you knew anything about his quality etc... TIA Lisa
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2007 8:26:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Are you gold lovers familiar with a designer, Faraone Mennela?? There is a gold necklace at Neiman's that I love, but tis pricey. Wanted to know if you knew anything about his quality etc... TIA Lisa
1.gif
HI:

Great taste Lisa! I know nothing of this designer but what i've seen in W magazine; and believe it or not I recall these stunning earrings from an old ad campaign....found a link..

http://www.faraonemennella.com/adcamp/index2.html

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon. I think this necklace is smashing. It''s 18K, round links, with oval links intertwined (SP?) and is 17.5 inches long, high polish. It''s just sooo darn good looking. I haven''t stopped thinking about it since I saw it a few weeks ago.
5.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link Sharon posted took me to a site with a couple of different photos, one of which was of a necklace with round and oval links. Was that the one you like, Lisa? Some of the round links look black in the photo and I couldn''t tell if they were actually gold or whether they were black! This is a new designer for me, but I see that Neiman Marcus is on top of him ;-). Trust them to find someone to make them a few bucks! I will try to keep him on my radar now :).

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deb and Sharon. Sharon, it''s close, but that''s not the one. The necklace has a toggle clasp, a modern take on the toggle. Hard to describe. I know Neiman''s does a great job at finding new designers, so trust them to highlight someone with talent etc.. Just wish it was less $$$.
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2007 5:29:57 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thanks Deb and Sharon. Sharon, it''s close, but that''s not the one. The necklace has a toggle clasp, a modern take on the toggle. Hard to describe. I know Neiman''s does a great job at finding new designers, so trust them to highlight someone with talent etc.. Just wish it was less $$$.
11.gif
HI:

Lisa, have you seen this month''s W''s mag? There are a few pieces by this designer.
30.gif

Deb: Here is a lovely!

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-
jewelry/bracelets/011CO4/0/

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,

I found this one at the same site (Pearlman's closeout). I like twist bracelets. At one point I thought I had to have the crazy twist bracelet sold by Tiffany. I can't remember who designed it. Paloma Picasso? Schlumberger? One of their usuals. This is not the crazy twist, but is very handsome (in my opinion).

Deb
34.gif

ETA: The designer is Schlumberger and you can see that bracelet on page one of this thread!

PearlmansTwist.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice to see this thread resurface!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb--I would have guessed Paloma--and would have been wrong! But I love that bracelet too. Question, would you wear different textures together--like the twist and a plain or another design? I like the idea of mixing....

Hey MZ
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sharon, i like the mixed look, too!

movie zombie

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m developing a taste for Bucellati. Uh oh.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 1:11:39 AM
Author: Harriet
I''m developing a taste for Bucellati. Uh oh.

I discovered Bucellati recently, but have never bought any. Uh oh, indeed! It is scrumptious!!! We should get some photos of pieces up here. Maybe there are some in the thread already.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deborah, they have a beautiful gold lace necklace. I don''t have any use for it, but maybe you do.
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 9:47:26 AM
Deborah, they have a beautiful gold lace necklace. I don''t have any use for it, but maybe you do.
31.gif

Harriet, I like the "classica" pieces more than the Hawaii or Honolulu if those are the lace ones to which you are referring. I like more solid jewelry except for special pieces of well knit mesh that are meant to drape. Buccellati attracts me because it is so classic. I have to admit that I even like the necklace that has large gold shapes hanging on the necklace, though. (That is also in the "classica" collection.) I have to take the large dog to the vet or I would try to post a picture!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know the names of their collections. It might be better to remain ignorant.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 1:21:37 PM
I don''t know the names of their collections. It might be better to remain ignorant.

Choke. Gasp. Whaddya mean it might be better to remain ignorant? Why did you tell me about a gold lace necklace by Buccellati then? How do you think I found out the names of the collections? You sent me running off to the Buccellati website looking for a gold lace necklace...and there I found the Honolulu Collection and the Hawaii Collection and the Classica Collection and so on and so forth. You send me there and you remain ignorant?

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
27.gif
I have to be good. I just got something from Leon and we''re discussing my emerald. Check out the Ondine collection.
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 3:38:30 PM
27.gif
I have to be good.(That will be the day.) I just got something from Leon and we''re discussing my emerald.Information on where to find these two items, please. Links would be helpful.

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 5:34:46 PM
You already know about my re-set.

Indeed, I do! I hadn''t realized that that was one of the projects to which you were referring since it is already complete! I will read about your emerald when I get to Connecticut. Today is a travel day for me. If anyone out there has not seen Harriet''s ring, you absolutely must! (I suspect, however, that I was the last person on this board finally to see it!) It is quite a large stone and it is set in such a simple and elegant way that the stone is the focus of one''s attention. It is really lovely :).

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deborah, you''ve more than made up for lost time. Thanks!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, re looking at an 18k red gold bracelet.....the first link you posted, now if that as in red gold i''d be tempted! the 2nd link isn''t my style.....not that i can claime to have a style!

movie zombie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results