Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2006 7:41:14 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/22/2006 7:20:10 AM

The ''Crush ring'' by Ippolita is very similar to the Plissé by Niessing and the ''Folds Collection'' ring by Mickeyroof pictured on page one of this thread! As Irina (who goes to lots of shows, the lucky woman!) once said to me, everything is derivative. I still like the addition of the diamonds to the crushed cloth looking ring that was done by Ippolita. I have a similar ring (with rubies) by Dhyan Sherry of Hawaii. It''s on Pricescope somewhere, possibly even in this thread!

Deb
34.gif
I found the thread on my ring. My ring has no crushed fabric look to it. it is merely primitive looking, high karat, and set with stones. I had found the photo of the Plissé ring by Niessing (I eventually saw the ring in person) because I loved the look of the gold-as-fabric. It was the color of the gold that put me off the Niessing one. The Ippolita gold looks bright. It also looks less like fabric, though!

Here is a link to the thread on my ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dhyan-sherri-rings-22k-and-made-in-hawaii.44609/

Deb
34.gif
HI:

I remember your ring Deb, and agree the crushed ring has a different look. Both interesting; I''d love either! Do you wear your much? How is the satin finish holding up?

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
been awhile since there a post has appeared here....so long, in fact, i had to request the thread be opened so i could make a post!

way back on i think page 10 i posted a close up picture of my 18k red gold neck chain......i heard from the vendor where i purchased it and GUESS WHAT?! he says he''s got a bracelet to match it now!

unfortunately, i won''t be able to get in and see it soon....the earliest would be next week but it could even be later than that.

now i have to say i''m not so sure i want a match.....i''''m pretty sure i want 18k red gold but i''m thinking something maybe heavier.

anyone have any goodies and/or links to post now that the holidays are over?

movie zombie

ps i really love this thread. the eye candy is super.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ate: 1/4/2007 7:47:54 PM
Author: movie zombie
he says he''s got a bracelet to match it now!

Oh do see it first MZ...never say never.....I love my Flica necklace/bracelet. Would you be able to link it together and wear it as one long chain or just as a set?

anyone have any goodies and/or links to post now that the holidays are over?

Yup. Maybe I''ll post pics tomorrow, thanks for asking!
9.gif

movie zombie

ps i really love this thread. the eye candy is super.

agreed.
cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new necklace 18k w/g

WGFlica.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfect length for me

WGFlica2.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a great necklace and looks fab on!

re the bracelet: will try and see it next week. however, i don''t think the clasp is the same so wearing them combined wouldn''t be an option. i can of course change it but the problem is not all 18k red gold is created equal and that might be noticeable as well. i could also hold out until the perfect bracelet comes along.

there is also a bracelet online that is 18k red gold, not new: 1940''s argentina that i''ve been eyeing......not a match but certainly might be interesting!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 7:47:54 PM
way back on i think page 10 i posted a close up picture of my 18k red gold neck chain......i heard from the vendor where i purchased it and GUESS WHAT?! he says he''s got a bracelet to match it now!
now i have to say i''m not so sure i want a match.....i''''m pretty sure i want 18k red gold but i''m thinking something maybe heavier.

Why would you not want to buy the matching bracelet, MZ? You would be getting gold of a known color that would match your necklace. Why would you want to go on a wild goose chase for something (a different red gold bracelet) you might never find? If I were you I would buy the match, then if a red gold bracelet of startling originality and beauty fortuitously showed up in my future, I could always buy that one, too!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2007 11:58:51 AM
Author: canuk-gal
perfect length for me

Indeed it is! It looks beautiful on you, Sharon, beautiful against your skin. I think it may go against my theories about skin color and metal (see many other threads), because you look pink and freckled yet you look great with a silver toned metal. At any rate, that necklace was made for you! May you wear it in good health.

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2007 2:32:18 PM

Date: 1/5/2007 11:58:51 AM
perfect length for me

Indeed it is! It looks beautiful on you, Sharon, beautiful against your skin. I think it may go against my theories about skin color and metal (see many other threads), because you look pink and freckled yet you look great with a silver toned metal. At any rate, that necklace was made for you! May you wear it in good health.

Deb
34.gif
HI Deb:

You might try a chain with mixed colored links--see how you like the white when it is with other metals.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the way it looks--I really love this chain. Altho I am freckled b/c of too much sun exposureover the years, I am naturally a brunette, but did not inherit my Dad''s olive complexion. Maybe, like MZ, I will buy a red or pink gold chain next!

Have you seen any new Gurhan that has caught your eye?

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 2:26:07 PM

Why would you not want to buy the matching bracelet, MZ? You would be getting gold of a known color that would match your necklace. Why would you want to go on a wild goose chase for something (a different red gold bracelet) you might never find? If I were you I would buy the match, then if a red gold bracelet of startling originality and beauty fortuitously showed up in my future, I could always buy that one, too!

Deb
34.gif

as you can tell from my e-ring, i''m a nonconformist and i like the mix as opposed to the match. i wear a solid silver sand dollar of some considerable size on my neck chain and wear that 24/7. i get compliments on what a great necklace i''m wearing all the time. most people wouldn''''t dream of pairing the two together.

also, i''m rather rough on things and i''m concerned a chain link would catch on something. then there''s the issue that the clasp doesn''t match my neck chain and i wouldn''t be able to join the two as sharon can hers. so if i can''t do that i feel the door is opened for something else. btw, the 1940''s bracelet i''ve been eyeing is from one of your favorite vendors........
face6.gif

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say Roberto Coin, but like some Gurhan and Ippolita too

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2007 9:13:24 PM
You might try a chain with mixed colored links--see how you like the white when it is with other metals.

I love to see white, yellow, and rose gold together in the same piece. My mother eventually agreed to replace her lost white gold wedding band with a tri-color band because of my urging! I was just alluding to my oft-expressed opinion that pink skinned, freckled, fair people seemed to look good in yellow gold and tan people in white! I was saying that that photo of you proved my theory was wrong...at least if it implied that pink skinned, fair people did not look good in white metal!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2007 8:26:54 AM

Date: 1/6/2007 9:13:24 PM

I love to see white, yellow, and rose gold together in the same piece. My mother eventually agreed to replace her lost white gold wedding band with a tri-color band because of my urging! I was just alluding to my oft-expressed opinion that pink skinned, freckled, fair people seemed to look good in yellow gold and tan people in white! I was saying that that photo of you proved my theory was wrong...at least if it implied that pink skinned, fair people did not look good in white metal!

Deb
34.gif
HI Deb:

We understand each other perfectly! And if memory serves, I do believe Flica had a white and rose combo in a loopy necklace......

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2007 1:48:37 AM

Date: 1/6/2007 2:26:07 PM

Deb
34.gif

as you can tell from my e-ring, i''m a nonconformist and i like the mix as opposed to the match. i wear a solid silver sand dollar of some considerable size on my neck chain and wear that 24/7. i get compliments on what a great necklace i''m wearing all the time. most people wouldn''t dream of pairing the two together.

also, i''m rather rough on things and i''m concerned a chain link would catch on something. then there''s the issue that the clasp doesn''t match my neck chain and i wouldn''t be able to join the two as sharon can hers. so if i can''t do that i feel the door is opened for something else. btw, the 1940''s bracelet i''ve been eyeing is from one of your favorite vendors........
face6.gif

movie zombie
HI:

MZ, the last retro looking rose gold bracelet I saw was on ebay--that cool vendor melonypino who has all that neat "old"
2.gif
stuff. It was drool worthy.....

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
costco has/had a bracelet with white/red/yellow gold......rather wide and seemed to ripple with color!

ok, i''ll look at red gold anywhere i can find it.

sharon, i wasn''t aware of that e-bay vendor......but i''m going to take a look now!

movie zombie

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 2:34:49 AM
Author: diamondfan
I would say Roberto Coin, but like some Gurhan and Ippolita too
Ooooh, I love Roberto Coin.

When I used to attend the Vicenza Gold Fair there were certain stands that I''m sure thought I was there casing the joint I turned up to gawp so often.

Coin''s was one. It used to make me feel all sad that I was in a place with so much gorgeous jewellery and I had to design and make horrible things.
29.gif
- and the company used to make me wear them during the show
23.gif

Coin has such an amazing range from really simple and sophisticated to really major statement pieces. I loved his zebra and giraffe collections and the matching bags. I was doing something similar at the time with animal skins recreated with enamel on gold plaques that formed centrepieces of big chunky necklaces. I was so pleased someone else was doing animals that year .

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i visited the jeweler and saw the bracelet that is supposed to match my chain.......emphasis on the supposed. same kind of links but smaller with a lobster clasp that looks huge when compared to the rest of the bracelet. also, the red is more noticeable than it is in my neck chain AND it is incredibly light. had it been the same links as my neck chain, i''d have been tempted.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 11:01:01 PM
well, i visited the jeweler and saw the bracelet that is supposed to match my chain.......emphasis on the supposed. same kind of links but smaller with a lobster clasp that looks huge when compared to the rest of the bracelet. also, the red is more noticeable than it is in my neck chain AND it is incredibly light. had it been the same links as my neck chain, i''d have been tempted.

movie zombie
HI:

MZ--sorry it didn''t work out. No one says yo have to have a match anyway!

BTW, I looked on melonypino (Mel''s Antiques) ebay site, and the pink retro link bracelet I was thinking of is gone. I saw she had many others, but not the one I would have recommended to you. Good luck in your search!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, I noticed that this company, www.breuning.com has combo''s of white, yellow and rose gold pieces in versatile designs.

cheers--Sharon

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Gurhan is definitely up there. I also love Annie Fensterstock, she did a beautiful custom design ring for me. Yossi Harari seems to have some nice pieces as well. Reinstein/Ross by far is my favorite though. I want everything in the store.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2007 1:41:53 PM
Author: NYbella
Gurhan is definitely up there. I also love Annie Fensterstock, she did a beautiful custom design ring for me. Yossi Harari seems to have some nice pieces as well. Reinstein/Ross by far is my favorite though. I want everything in the store.

Do you happen to have a photograph of the ring that was designed for you? I have never heard of either Annie Fensterstock or Reinstein/Ross and would adore being educated. Do tell! Please!

Deb
34.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love some of the Roberto Coin...his woven silk and silk weave collections are stunning, and I even love the yellow gold which I tend not to wear that much...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
26892_xlarge.jpg

These 24k Citrine Yossi beauties from Signed Pieces...yummmmm

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow, fun post.
I am just starting to appreciate yellow gold. I have been looking at a couple of Ebay stores with very pretty gold jewelry.
The first one I posted elsewhere on PS. He even alloys the gold himself.
http://stores.ebay.com/22K-18K-Gold-Jewelry

The second one is put together items, different stones and 22k together. She sometimes uses Sea of Cortez pearls in her stuff which I''d never heard of till recently.
http://stores.ebay.com/DRUZYDESIGN-TREASURES

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
about time, innerkitten! but i notice you''re gravitating to high carat gold and once bitten by that bug most 14k gold looks like costume jewelry....but that''s probably just my eye!

i''ve been eyeing those earrings at signed pieces for some time now.......they are pretty!

movie zombie

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Your right MZ, I do like the high carat gold!
Champagne taste I guess.
When I was going through my sapphire phase I only wanted the unheated ones. Now I''m going through a gold phase and I prefer the high carat stuff.....sigh.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 3:14:32 PM
Author: innerkitten
Wow, fun post.
I am just starting to appreciate yellow gold. I have been looking at a couple of Ebay stores with very pretty gold jewelry.
The first one I posted elsewhere on PS. He even alloys the gold himself.
http://stores.ebay.com/22K-18K-Gold-Jewelry
I have now visited and bookmarked this site, but I have to confess that I have gotten worse and worse over time in my need for pure gold. I am now like the older generation Chinese women: if a piece is not 24K it feels like costume jewelry to me.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS-I approve of the Yossi Harari earrings Sharon posted!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rc00295125ayer00jrd-2.jpg

Aren''t these cute? Will go with my Flica oval linked pearl necklace posted some time ago, or just FUN on their own. Love this seasons geometric shapes.
Roberto Coin

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results